Night 4 - I wonder what happened to night 3?

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 4 - I wonder what happened to night 3?

Postby Clearasday » 27 Jun 2014, 17:43:01

You drag the hero of the day kicking and screaming to his death. His glorious, loyal death. And with his demise your ranks swell. It takes him a bit of time to stand back up after the dismembering you gave him, but after a few drinks the whole misunderstanding is forgiven and he's ready to get down to butchering with you.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Night 4 - I wonder what happened to night 3?

Postby rekard » 27 Jun 2014, 18:16:26

Visigoth. Our enmity goes beyond masked accounts apparently. And whoa, I was right! I thought your seer reasoning was bad for a chicken.

Hmm. You doe, and I die? This will be a challenge.

You set me up! I guess I will have to die soon in two or three days. I would prefer to die when you convert another so we don't get weakened.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Jun 2014, 18:27:46

I don't think we need to plan on sacrificing you.

But odds are something's going to kill you at some point before the endgame, and that won't necessarily be a bad thing for the cult.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Jun 2014, 18:28:14

I started off vanilla, what about you?

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 27 Jun 2014, 18:31:21

Well, Constantine hinted that Ozy was a chicken (which he was) and then said you were a little foxy so it seemed like a Seer that had found a fox and came forward at that moment. Not the best plan since it's usually good to try and develop it a bit more, but perhaps they are a newish player and wanted to get the information out as soon as they found a fox. Honestly, I might have used that same logic even as a chicken since it did seem like Constantine was make a Seer claim and no one tried to counterclaim it.

Yeah, it's going to be a little tricky to work around not voting again on you. I do wonder if Constantine will clarify his post. A little hard to challenge him since you lived so don't really know what you are. Though if he doesn't do anything that suspicion might be shifted to Constantine and with that people might forget what happened today. And if not like Ozy said if you do go people might not look at me too closely due to our little battle today.

Does feel like we're at a little bit of a disadvantage since there must be one cult out there than can convert every day since they had 3 members yesterday. Though no mention of them being at 4 now. So either they could convert every day in the beginning and are now every other day or they tried to convert the same person as another cult and the cults have some kind of priority which could have blocked them. Or some other mechanic that they have to follow and didn't which caused them not to be able to convert someone. It does make me wonder a bit about the people speaking French in the game. Will need to go back and see if the number of people dropping French into their posts has increased each day since that could be some restriction on that cult.

So, you're just a chicken then? Any chance you might have been converted before and could share a little bit about your previous friends?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Jun 2014, 18:37:11

Boring Vanilla Chicken. From our exchange yesterday I think I will vote Caracalla at the start. Hmph. Will think and vote tomorrow. Maybe wait a couple posts.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Jun 2014, 18:38:55

Cincinnatus has voted to lynch 2 innocent Chickens-- Diocletian yesterday and Agrippa on Day 1-- so he might be a good target.

Valentinian voted for Diocletian two days in a row.

And Marius voted for Diocletian pretty late.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Jun 2014, 18:41:04

rekard wrote:Boring Vanilla Chicken. From our exchange yesterday I think I will vote Caracalla at the start. Hmph. Will think and vote tomorrow. Maybe wait a couple posts.

Yeah, there's no rush to vote.

Maybe you should ask Constantine to clarify his seer claim post before voting for Caracalla?

That should buy you some time.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Jun 2014, 18:45:19

Actually, I do not think Constantine is a seer. But maybe part of a cult that tried to convert Tiberius on Night 2. If he's any right about Tiberius being a chicken, that could explain it. I don't believe a true seer would be dumb enough to directly publish his seer vision.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Jun 2014, 19:46:28

Okay I think I trust rekard, so I have some information to share ...

Last night "Tiberius" was invited to a private forum.

It is NOT a separate cult-- merely a discussion group.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Jun 2014, 19:49:42

Constantine is the "Loud Chicken." He had initial control of the Forum on Night 1, but thereafter future invitations could only be extended by group majority.

Here's the Invite List:

Night 1 - Cato (now dead)
Night 2 - Hadran
Night 3 - Tiberius

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Jun 2014, 19:56:43

After joining the group yesterday, Hadran claimed to be the Seer, but he gets dream-like visions instead of flat-out messages.

Night 1, he had a vision of me as a 100% chicken. (He told Constantine this yesterday in the private forum, which is how he knew about me.)

Night 2, he had a vision of Constantine (who he apparently coincidentally Seered the same night Constantine targeted Hadran) as a chicken with a radio.

Night 3, he seered Scipio as a carnival attendant who lets Hadran onto a ride full of BLOOD.

The obvious implication is that Scipio is a Fox / Sociopath.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 27 Jun 2014, 20:34:58

So, rekard, if you can figure out a way to justify a vote for Scipio, then Constantine and Hadrian are likely to follow (and later on I'll switch too).

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 27 Jun 2014, 22:23:17

So basically Constantine is asking as the mouth piece for the Seer. Interesting and dangerous since he can obviously be the spokesman and keep the Seer hidden.

At least we have a spy in their midsts so we can be keep aware of who they are targeting and getting in return.

It sure is going to be tricky to try and get rekard out of the hot seat since he's already gotten a number of votes. It would be nice if Constantine would somehow come clean and state that while he had gotten information that Tiberius was a chicken from someone claiming to be a Seer and that his statement about Valerian was just his own and not from the Seer. Probably a hard thing to hope for since if he draws the fox/sociopaths to him it would keep the Seer alive longer so no reason for him to not try and continue the illusion that he's the Seer. Might still be able to do something like that by revealing that Valentian was not Seered and was just his thought but that Scipio was Seered and does not look good.

Possibly a long shot, but if he's acting as the mouthpiece coming out with someone that group strongly suspects is a fox/sociopath would be the better move than potentially lynching another chicken due to what people have read into his post.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 28 Jun 2014, 04:38:26

I couldn't figure a way yet to vote on Scipio. Hmmm. I'll be looking during the weekend. Ozy, did Constatine say why he put Valerian at 3 yesterday so easily? I suspected he and Hadrian were a team because the moment Hadrian got vote 2, I was the only one at two and he pushed me to 3. That is very suspicious if someone else notices. It clearly looked as protecting Hadrian.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 28 Jun 2014, 11:08:13

Constantine is on the fence about revealing Scipio, but I think he wants to do it.

For some reason, he's afraid he'd get lynched as Seer mouthpiece.

I pointed out that nightkills are the bigger threat-- and that if Scipio can kill someone every other night, there's a good chance he's already planning to target Constantine tonight.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 28 Jun 2014, 11:22:20

The only reason to fear is if the aforementioned vision is a false one. And the only way to prove that is to kill the target. Either way, it's too late. If he didn't want to be lynched, he should have not said anything in the first place. So it is a bit silly to stop now.

What if Scipio is from a cult actually and converted Constantine? Dun dun dun.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 28 Jun 2014, 11:48:03

Ozymandias wrote:Constantine is on the fence about revealing Scipio, but I think he wants to do it.

For some reason, he's afraid he'd get lynched as Seer mouthpiece.

I pointed out that nightkills are the bigger threat-- and that if Scipio can kill someone every other night, there's a good chance he's already planning to target Constantine tonight.
That's rather an odd thing to be afraid of. If anything he'd one of the more lynch immune players if he's acting for the Seer and we can somehow vet his results. So if he does reveal Scipio, somehow manages to survive not getting night killed, and Scipio is a bad guy he'd pretty much be golden until the next time someone tries to night kill him. He'd of course be a prime conversion target since no would want to lynch the Seer mouthpiece. And he might already have been last night for all we know.

Will be curious if there is a maul at today or not. It almost seems too slow if there's only one person making a kill every other night when we're only lynching one person. Granted if they pop me three people go out at once so maybe some other cults have a similar condition in order to keep the death rate up.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 28 Jun 2014, 22:43:45

rekard, I have a gambit that I think will save you, but it's a bit complicated:

(1) Admit that you're part of a cult-- but not the largest one that CAD warned everyone about yesterday.

(2) Claim that the Seer is now part of your cult-- which is why you knew that Constantine wasn't the Seer.

(3) Reveal that the Seer saw Scipio as a Fox / Sociopath. (If anyone asks why you didn't come forward sooner, just say that the Seer only recently posted his Night 3 vision to your board.)

(4) Offer to be the Seer mouthpiece for future Sociopath visions.

So you'll be at greater risk of night kills, but this ploy should save you from the lynch.

Main downside is that Hadrian and Constantine will be more suspicious of me, but I think we can spin your reveal to make Hadrian more suspicious of Constantine being your teammate. Since after all, you emphatically saying he's not the Seer makes him less likely to be night killed.

Also, we're probably going to try to convert Hadrian on Night 5 (obviously he might be immune, but the risk of another Cult converting him is too great), so if that works it won't matter if he's suspicious of me for a day or so.

Thoughts?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 08:38:14

If it were a more active day I would be good with it. But with this being a Sunday I would say we need a more direct approach and brief approach.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 09:35:23

Romulus' latest post might give you an opportunity to negotiate another target in the Day thread.

If that target happened to be Scipio, all the better ...

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 12:22:00

Hadrian is currently planning to seer Valerian > Romulus > Caesar.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 12:51:40

Visigoth, I think Valerian's latest post can give Caracalla a little cover to switch off Valerian. (Since Valerian voting for Constantine was your initial reason for voting for him.)

Because it is odd that Constantine hasn't weighed in about Valerian today-- or even posted-- so I think you can call him about a bit.

Maybe you could even vote for him-- after all, it's very likely that someone converted Constantine last night, thinking he was the Seer.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 12:51:59

Stupid Constantine. Why did he come out with such a dumb statement yesterday? Makes my life miserable specially because lazy humans / opportunistic foxes will take that sentence at face value. Even if you hadn't converted me, this would still be a dumb day because of imprudent commentaries like that. Why not suggest Hadrian to seer the one vote posters? Those can easily go under the radar and I can get lynched anyways because of Constantine's imprudence.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 12:58:33

Ozymandias wrote:Visigoth, I think Valerian's latest post can give Caracalla a little cover to switch off Valerian. (Since Valerian voting for Constantine was your initial reason for voting for him.)

Because it is odd that Constantine hasn't weighed in about Valerian today-- or even posted-- so I think you can call him about a bit.

Maybe you could even vote for him-- after all, it's very likely that someone converted Constantine last night, thinking he was the Seer.

Really good point. I have just pointed to Scipio with a valid argument now that Remus has given me the chance. I wonder how many of the true chicken are actually following Constantine's declarations. I was a chicken and actually didn't notice his seer hint. Probably only those looking for them will detect them as such as first glance. So I think Remus is likely a cultist.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 13:29:31

Oh. I have gotten traction from Romulus on Scipio. Tell the board. Could we pull this off?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 13:34:53

rekard wrote:Oh. I have gotten traction from Romulus on Scipio. Tell the board. Could we pull this off?

Hard to say. Constantine hasn't posted for over 24 hours.

And it really hinges on him, since Hadrian isn't going to reveal his vision in the Day thread.

Right now, you're basically tied, so I wouldn't risk antagonizing Scipio (who's voting for Romulus) until Constantine posts.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 13:49:50

Okay Constantine came through!

Now it will be interesting to see who Hadrian votes for.

I don't want to switch too soon and risk giving away my allegiance.

rekard, maybe you should post a vote count? So those who like to tie things up will vote for Scipio?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 13:50:55

And Constantine votes for Scipio, along with Romulus.

Constantinople even used my pun!

In amoment.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 13:58:09

There goes the tally. Hopefully this works. And Constantine posting that he doesn't know I am a fox might help some switches.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 14:02:18

rekard wrote:There goes the tally. Hopefully this works. And Constantine posting that he doesn't know I am a fox might help some switches.

I'm actually trying to convince Constantine to role claim Seer Echo, and reveal the vision of Scipio.

Because if Scipio has a night kill, he's definitely using it on Constantine tonight.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 14:03:35

Also, I have noticed sonething. If yiu ever think about it, refrain from talking about who is online and all. The masked accounts seemingly can't see them (unless it's a board type thjng) but standard normal ids can.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 14:04:29

rekard wrote:Also, I have noticed sonething. If yiu ever think about it, refrain from talking about who is online and all. The masked accounts seemingly can't see them (unless it's a board type thjng) but standard normal ids can.

I can see who's online with my Tiberius account.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 14:06:25

Ozymandias wrote:
rekard wrote:There goes the tally. Hopefully this works. And Constantine posting that he doesn't know I am a fox might help some switches.

I'm actually trying to convince Constantine to role claim Seer Echo, and reveal the vision of Scipio.

Because if Scipio has a night kill, he's definitely using it on Constantine tonight.

Nice one. Seer Echo is a likely credible role. Unless he lays low and wants us all to forget about him saying anything.

Did you change the board skin for the mask? I don't see anything in the bottom.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 14:07:28

Using subsilver2 for both.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 14:11:36

That explains it. The default is prosilver and that doesn't show Online. Changing to subsliver2 showed it

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 29 Jun 2014, 14:18:28

Well that's good that Constantine has come forward and kind of given a shoulder shrug on Valerian which certainly makes it easier for me to not vote on him again. I was trying to craft something in my head while doing some chores about how I was now doubting that he was a Seer since he's been radio silent since the bruhaha and if he really was the Seer I'd have expected him to post sooner rather than later.

I'll likely go with Scipio for my vote again as a test of his results.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 14:24:03

Visigoth wrote:I'll likely go with Scipio for my vote again as a test of his results.

Sooner the better I think-- who knows how many people are going to check in on a Sun. afternoon/evening?

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 29 Jun 2014, 14:33:16

Hope I didn't cast to much doubt on Constantine but after I used his guidance to go after Valerian I would certainly be feeling a little unsure about following him again. I was going to post about now being even sure that he's still him as he would likely be a conversion target, but dropped that since I didn't want to really work on discrediting him. That will come tomorrow when he likely goes after Valerian due to Hadrian's vision. Though will be interesting to see what he gets when he looks at him.

Still a number of missing votes out there. Hopefully Constantine's post will nudge those towards Scipio.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 29 Jun 2014, 14:52:57

I think we need to get necklessone next. It's like he's already part of the group with his misposts.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 15:07:24

Hah. Vote tally mispost. But doesn't say who I am really.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 15:20:37

That was a big switch by Nero.

Waiting on Hadrian before I switch my vote to Scipio (who I also don't want to give incentive to switch to Valerian).

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 15:30:52

I will take credit for that switch, hahaha. Given that my RP was his main vote reason, well, it worked. I would not have liked for my RP being reason for a lynch.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 15:33:45

Think I just convinced Hadrian to vote for Scipio instead of you.

We'll see ...

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 15:49:10

Why wouldn't he vote for Scipio given his vision? Many people are already there. Is he afraid of being suspected as the seer?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 15:54:58

I have the count as 7-6-5 Scipio / Romulus / Valerian.

I think I may not switch just so I don't draw attention to myself.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 29 Jun 2014, 16:14:54

Do you think that Hadrian's vision is incorrect? That last declaration from Scipio is weird.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 29 Jun 2014, 16:28:05

rekard wrote:Do you think that Hadrian's vision is incorrect? That last declaration from Scipio is weird.

Hadrian claims to have seen Scipio as "bloody."

So he may not be a Fox, but I think at the very least Scipio was somehow responsible for Trajan's death on Night 2.

Return to “From the Shadows”