Night 3 - Wildfire

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 3 - Wildfire

Postby Clearasday » 26 Jun 2014, 17:26:55

Like an enormous tumbleweed of violence, your rebellion has spread further. Now word flies through the streets and brave chickens have both flocked to your banner and at the same time others have risen to take up arms against you. You will have to be careful. Your new numbers should aid you though, for now you may begin to truly go on the offensive. Rejoice and welcome your new brother!
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Re: Night 3 - Wildfire

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Jun 2014, 17:53:34

Subject: Night 2 - The First Capture wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Welcome, Blindsniper!

I think I would like to convert either dferrantino or Smirker tonight, but so you feel involved here, feel free to pick which; I'm avoiding most high-profile players, at least for now. Keep in mind we are making our conversion selection by real account, not masked, which does make these early choices kind of baseless. I'm trying to pick people I'm not known for teaming up with often because if I die and am exposed as the cult leader, I think that would put certain other players as most likely conversion suspects. Also, I'm assuming there is another cult out there, and I think choosing mid-profile players may keep cross-conversions to a minimum.

Ahem, move dferrantino to the header, replace possible conversion choices to, umm, Aldax or Wasabi? Also, adjust wording to reflect knowledge of existence of other cults now. (sorry, bit too busy at the moment for a proper welcome)

Also, CAD, you didn't respond to my question at the tail end of yesterday's night thread, may we use conditionals here?

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 26 Jun 2014, 19:03:48

You can use conditionals in case of last minute deaths and that sort of thing.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Jun 2014, 22:19:51

I hate that so many did not vote yesterday, it makes me worry about converting a WoGable player... given Aldax's play history, I could see him being one of the non-voters, so I'm going to cut him from consideration for now.

I'm going to set the conversion to Wasabi -> MEM [retracted for stupidity], unless either of you think one of them might be another possible no-vote from yesterday.

Oh, also, I wanted to make mention, I do not think we should reveal our masked accounts here; mainly because I would rather one of us just go down than make obvious moves to save someone. My main goal is to keep the cult members clean of any signs of coordination, it's why I'm focusing on the unusual choices for conversion. I do not know if the cult survives if I die, given what just happened with the other cult, but there was nothing in my role to indicate that we would be wiped out, and the rules (and example roles given there) lead me to believe we would be okay even if I were lost for the cause; my guess is that what happened with the other cult was some sort of lovers mechanic for the first converted(?) So, as long as we don't start randomly getting picked off by counter conversions, and we keep ties to each other as natural and unassuming in the day thread as possible, I think we'll do okay.

I welcome any thoughts on the matter.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Jun 2014, 02:59:39

I'm gonna blame that previous goof on having been busy, distracted, and rather quite tired when setting that conversion conditional. Let's try this instead...

Wasabi -> twdog

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Jun 2014, 04:06:07

Hey look, I'm in a cult!

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Jun 2014, 06:05:01

Catching up on what's going on here. Here's what I know so far:

1. There's definitely at least one other cult.
  2. That PJ was the leader, but he disappeared the day I was converted.
  3. I was the only person in it yesterday.
  4. I didn't convert last night, so it's probably dead.

Thus, That PJ is either dead or in another cult. I suggest he be our first choice tonight (in a long list of conditionals).

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Jun 2014, 09:37:44

Derp, CAD is revealing the players behind the masks when they die.

That PJ is alive and on another team.

That PJ > Wasabi > twdog

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 27 Jun 2014, 12:58:40

That PJ,Twdog,Wasabi mainly coause wasabi has missed a few days here and there as well
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Jun 2014, 13:23:42

Here's what I'm worried about with converting That PJ after dferr's info:

1. We enter into a conversion battle delaying the win.
2. Conversion battle worsened if they attempt and succeed at converting dferr tonight.
3. The rules are explicitly vague on what happens when multiple cults target same conversion candidate, so I am betting dferr was targeted for conversion last night and we won a coin flip on him; I can't imagine PJ not suggesting you for conversion away from the original faction so his new one wouldn't fall behind in numbers.
4. If we did win a coin flip on you dferr, we are already one up on them, entering into any kind of conversion tug-of-war kills that advantage; I'd prefer to move forward converting others and return to converting you back closer to the end... provided you don't offer our names up for conversion to them if you are in fact converted tonight.
5. I would actually suggest this course of action, wherein we delay converting anyone back until closer to end game, in the event any of us get converted away.
6. Depending on how the votes go, maybe we'll just incidentally kill PJ off (best case scenario).

Thoughts?

Posting from phone while at work for evening, so discussion may be spotty.

For now I'll adjust my conversion vote to be twdog -> Wasabi -> That PJ

edit: just saw that Okaros took over for twdog who stepped out, converting him now goes against my original plan of keeping away from people I'm known to team up with in twg; Okaros also is a likely conversion target for other players. Rethinking conversion candidates for tonight....

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Jun 2014, 13:54:13

I seem to be confused on whether there are actually "foxes" or not. There was no maul night 1, and night 2 is listed as a murder not a maul, and it had opening post implications of simply death due to connection. So there's no actual wolves/foxes right? Or are foxes just another cult with conversion powers?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Jun 2014, 15:36:10

I don't know if either one of you will be checking back in before EoD, which means we're locked in to your votes -- unfortunate because I disagree with the conversion of PJ -- but I'll still place my own conversion choice, in case one of you do check back and happen to agree with my position on the matter.

Smirker --> Wasabi --> stigmata

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Jun 2014, 15:42:41

Ryvvn wrote:Here's what I'm worried about with converting That PJ after dferr's info:

1. We enter into a conversion battle delaying the win.
2. Conversion battle worsened if they attempt and succeed at converting dferr tonight.
3. The rules are explicitly vague on what happens when multiple cults target same conversion candidate, so I am betting dferr was targeted for conversion last night and we won a coin flip on him; I can't imagine PJ not suggesting you for conversion away from the original faction so his new one wouldn't fall behind in numbers.
4. If we did win a coin flip on you dferr, we are already one up on them, entering into any kind of conversion tug-of-war kills that advantage; I'd prefer to move forward converting others and return to converting you back closer to the end... provided you don't offer our names up for conversion to them if you are in fact converted tonight.
5. I would actually suggest this course of action, wherein we delay converting anyone back until closer to end game, in the event any of us get converted away.
6. Depending on how the votes go, maybe we'll just incidentally kill PJ off (best case scenario).

Thoughts?

Posting from phone while at work for evening, so discussion may be spotty.

For now I'll adjust my conversion vote to be twdog -> Wasabi -> That PJ

edit: just saw that Okaros took over for twdog who stepped out, converting him now goes against my original plan of keeping away from people I'm known to team up with in twg; Okaros also is a likely conversion target for other players. Rethinking conversion candidates for tonight....

My issue with this is that if you're worried about bouncing back and forth with PJ, then by that logic you should already be assuming that I won't be here tomorrow.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Jun 2014, 15:46:08

So then we retie the count if we won you via coin flip, we gain nothing but a wasted swap if we convert PJ and they convert you. I'd rather retie and steal one of you back later, provided you wouldn't betray us were you converted tonight.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Jun 2014, 16:00:07

Sigh, here's hoping this doesn't cock it all up....

Return to “Seen but not Heard”