Night 4 - The Scales Balance

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 4 - The Scales Balance

Postby Clearasday » 27 Jun 2014, 17:47:25

You have fought long and hard all night, and in the morning another chicken is standing loyally at your side. But in the confusion and the darkness, someone has been snatched away. This worries you, but you will not let it diminish your cause. You must keep fighting. The slaves must triumph.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Re: Night 4 - The Scales Balance

Postby Blindsniper83 » 27 Jun 2014, 17:56:57

ryvvn, Dferr? you guys here?
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 27 Jun 2014, 18:01:47

Oh, I'm pretty sure you guys lost Ryvvn. And I'm pretty sure I know who took him.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 27 Jun 2014, 18:15:00

That PJ, welcome to our merry band of misfits
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 27 Jun 2014, 18:18:43

Alright, I'm caught up on discussion here. First, a quick biography:

I started out as Cult Leader of the Marine Chickens (as dferrantino knows). I attempted to convert him; had no idea until now whether it went through or not. Apparently it did! But I was snapped up by another cult instead. I did indeed advise them to go after dferrantino, when I asked--but they obviously did not. But last night the Leader suggested Ryvvn, and I concurred, since he was my pick #2. Thus, I'm pretty sure they've got Ryvvn. They are not inherently immune to conversion--except their leader--so it's plausible to get him back. However, I am pretty sure that only the leader can convert, so if we can take him down, they're dead in the water (it wasn't via thread-vote, it was through PM).

I'm being cagey with names because, after all, I seem to get converted all over the damn place.

Question for you, dferr: Did you kill nightkill Trajan/MEM? The Marine ability swapped every other night (convert-kill-convert), so I want to know if you made use of it or if somebody else did. We've got 4 cults accounted for--5 if someone has 4 members tonight, or if somebody else made that kill.

Obviously there are no foxes. I'm honestly surprised that anybody wasn't aware of that.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Jun 2014, 19:03:50

That PJ wrote:Question for you, dferr: Did you kill nightkill Trajan/MEM? The Marine ability swapped every other night (convert-kill-convert), so I want to know if you made use of it or if somebody else did. We've got 4 cults accounted for--5 if someone has 4 members tonight, or if somebody else made that kill.

No. I misread the ability and assumed it was on cooldown for the night.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 27 Jun 2014, 19:05:42

i had that sinking feeling that with it being a CAD game that there would be shenanigans in place, seeing as he is good for that( and for doing amazing Everyone's special games) Ryvvn decided that we keep mask account names secret incase of swappings like this( i totally agree).

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 27 Jun 2014, 19:15:49

So did Other Cult Team, so I don't know who their masks are. If you guys wind up with a reasonable guess about someone, though, it could be useful intel.

So there's another cult with a kill power (as I suspected), which means there'll be a death next game day. Good to know. That does mean 2x kill cults, 2x conversion-every-night cults. Then we've got whatever the 'Repute' guys were. If they're every night, there may actually be one more of them lurking out there (well, two now), given that dferr was still converted even when I got converted. But we're getting into speculation now.

Anyway. Do we try to re-convert Ryvvn to the cult or go after someone else?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 28 Jun 2014, 03:01:32

It's the same argument I had with Ryvvn yesterday. We know who's on their team. Our options are "poach from them" or "initiate new cultists".

The first keeps the two teams approximately even, but keeps the pool small.

The second increases the total number of cultists in play, but whichever team does it runs the risk of the other team poaching from them (and thus knowing exactly who's on the other team to continue poaching).

Standard prisoner's dilemma. The team who poaches is best off, but the ideal outcome for both of us is if both teams grab new members. Do we get a new player and hope for the best, or do we steal from them since it's the best outcome for our team?

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 28 Jun 2014, 15:04:45

dferrantino wrote:It's the same argument I had with Ryvvn yesterday. We know who's on their team. Our options are "poach from them" or "initiate new cultists".

The first keeps the two teams approximately even, but keeps the pool small.

The second increases the total number of cultists in play, but whichever team does it runs the risk of the other team poaching from them (and thus knowing exactly who's on the other team to continue poaching).

Standard prisoner's dilemma. The team who poaches is best off, but the ideal outcome for both of us is if both teams grab new members. Do we get a new player and hope for the best, or do we steal from them since it's the best outcome for our team?

If we were really smart, we'd mutually agree on a team to all jump to and quietly convert one entire faction to the other. It'd have to be the other team, since its leader is immune to conversion--but on the other hand, this team is safer, since losing the leader wouldn't impede our ability to keep converting.

My gut would be to recruit from the other team. The benefit to that is that we know we're able to convert them, since some people are bound to be non-convertible. We also minimize the risk of sharing information, if we get to that point. They know who we are and we know who they are. However, recruiting from them would undermine trying to get us all on one team, since we can't recruit all three.

If we recruit outside the team, the smarter call is to have a contingency running in case one of us gets nabbed to their side--in essence, sharing this plan and trying to get us all on the same page. All goes well, we stop recruiting here and pop over to the new cult. Everyone wins.

Except the normal chickens.

Does this logic make sense, or is it totally off the wall?

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 29 Jun 2014, 13:11:30

Ravebomb, unless any better ideas come out, as he is just bat shit crazy enough he should work

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 29 Jun 2014, 14:47:27

Was hoping for some input on The Plan. Or A Plan. But how about this for a contingency; call it Plan A:

- We recruit from outside of the cults for tonight (Ravebomb is as good as anyone, I guess, though I'm a little wary on account of everyone trying to find and kill him).
- If one of us is converted to the other cult, we push that cult leader to recruit all of the remaining members from here.
- We give it a one day test--recruiting as normal from here. Assuming another person gets pulled away, we know the plan is a go, and we stop recruiting for this cult. Full stop.

In a couple of days we'll all pop over to the other team and be united once again.

- If one of us is not recruited... well I guess we're back to square one of this prisoner's dilemma. We can proceed like independent teams (at which point I'll give you guys a full reveal of who's who), or try to convert them here.

The other best alternative, as I see it, is to do the opposite and pull from the other cult until we're all here (call this Plan B). However, since their leader cannot be recruited and is the sole decider of conversions, we'd have to be able to take him out. I can't imagine he'd be fine with throwing the game. So, if either of you have figured out who any of the masks are, please tell me. If it's the other cult's leader, I'll verify, because then it might be in our interests to push a lynch tomorrow. Stability-wise, this is the safer cult.

So, barring some miraculous knowledge of who is who in the game, I say we go with Plan A.

And I'll put forth this Plan C: If the other cult's leader dies before Plan A can be executed, we need to recruit everyone over to this cult post-haste. Since we can't communicate... I don't know, bold Plan C in the day thread somehow.

It's not a great set of plans, but it's the best I've got. Thoughts?

EDIT: That whole plan is rubbish because necklessone is the other cult's leader, and he might wind up dead before the day is up (assuming you've sussed out who he is, based on his latest mis-post; he's had three so far). We could probably guarantee it if any of you are not already voting for him.

So, new plan. We convert Ryvvn --> Omega and get this team--and mine--back together (Omega is the other member of the Blood Chickens).

Return to “Seen but not Heard”