Night 6 - The Best Laid Plans...

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 6 - The Best Laid Plans...

Postby Clearasday » 30 Jun 2014, 17:36:53

You seem to have been outmanoeuvred. Is it simply a temporary setback, or the start of your rebellion unravelling? You regroup and find that your numbers are still intact but you gained no new allies during the night.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Re: Night 6 - The Best Laid Plans...

Postby RaveBomb » 30 Jun 2014, 17:43:11

Didn't see that one coming.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 30 Jun 2014, 17:51:27

Augh, I'm such a damn rube.

So, we'll have to assume that the Shamblers know who Blind and I are. I think we're back to "bring back Ryvvn and Omega" plan.

On the bright side, we're not dropping like everyone else, and we're much closer to the end game now. Hopefully we can hold it together.

Going to go update the 'what we know' thread. Rave, did you recruit anyone to your private forum?
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 30 Jun 2014, 17:52:44

No... :( I'm not sure if it has a purpose now, since it's got a swack of conversation about cults and such.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 30 Jun 2014, 19:13:04

heres the scary thing ive seem to be noticing, if the cult leader is killed, the whole damn cult goes, which if that is the case, we NEED Ryvvn back asap, and to know his mask account, as if we kill it or he gets bandwagoned we all die, except maybe that PJ, as hes a former cult leader
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 01 Jul 2014, 06:17:06

Blindsniper83 wrote:heres the scary thing ive seem to be noticing, if the cult leader is killed, the whole damn cult goes, which if that is the case, we NEED Ryvvn back asap, and to know his mask account, as if we kill it or he gets bandwagoned we all die, except maybe that PJ, as hes a former cult leader

Doesn't hold. Necklessone went down and the rest of the Blood Chickens are fine; same for the loss of the Grand Mason. I think it might be dependent on cult in question, but I still don't think it's necessarily true. If it is, the only case to be made for it is the Rotting Chickens. Chickens of Repute were probably only two-strong when they both got axed, but it was the Elder who was 'found dead' after we lynched a cultist. I think it's the result of separate actions.

But the Rotting Chickens are interesting. They're four down as of today, when no faction can have more than 6 members for the life of the game (assuming 1 starting member and a top conversion rate of 1/night). Assuming they never failed a conversion, that'd leave them with two members. If they failed any, they'd be dead as of the night, unless they somehow got that last night conversion. At any rate, there is a case to be made for sphenodont's unexplained death happening because the cult leader got killed; alternatively, maybe zombies aren't convert-able (are instead killed), so our attempt failed and resulted in his death. It's also possible we conflicted with another team's conversion, and they had a 'kill if unable to convert' clause (my original cult had this). There's any number of ways we can speculate about it.

Massive digression. The point is, no, we are not likely to die by accidentally lynching Ryvvn, but I would like to convert Ryvvn back, if for no other reason than he is our Spartacus and this is his cult. Of course, he probably thinks we've abandoned him by now after two nights of no convert back. But let's go get him anyway.

And then Omega, if the game lasts that long.

We do need to be concerned about finding Ducks. We didn't get a 'cult at 5 members' warning yesterday, so they can't have had 100% success on their conversion scenario (assuming 1/night). But we should not assume they are in a worse position than we are.

...Hell, maybe they can't convert at all. It would actually make sense to have a secret duck faction that's unable to convert and unable to be converted (pseudo-foxes, really). But the less assumptions we make about the game, the better. We do know the ducks and masons have each only lost one person. We're effectively down by 2.

(Yeah, this post is mostly just rambling thought)

Looks like Domitian's taking a run at you, Rave. He's got a decent case for it unless you role-claim that private forum or find some other excuse for your inside knowledge.
Last edited by That PJ on 01 Jul 2014, 12:38:27, edited 1 time in total.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 01 Jul 2014, 07:08:49

Agree with convert Ryvvn > Omega with one caveat: I'm a lover and would like to get my counterpart in here.

Unless you're already here, in which case that's fantastic.
Last edited by dferrantino on 01 Jul 2014, 11:42:16, edited 1 time in total.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 01 Jul 2014, 07:19:16

dferrantino wrote:Agree with convert Ryvvn > Omega with one caveat: I'm a lover and would like to get my counterpart in here.

...Do you not know who your lover is?

Damn, CAD. That's just cruel.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 01 Jul 2014, 07:20:40

Also, Rave, it's probably worth it to drag one of us into your forum, in case we get separated. Another venue for conversation in case of things going awry.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 01 Jul 2014, 07:35:26

That PJ wrote:
dferrantino wrote:Agree with convert Ryvvn > Omega with one caveat: I'm a lover and would like to get my counterpart in here.

...Do you not know who your lover is?

Damn, CAD. That's just cruel.

We know each others' masked accounts, but we have a 1 PM every 2 days limit and they haven't yet answered my request for their actual name.

We've both agreed that the best play is to get into the same cult, but if he's in a different one then I risk getting converted out of here--and at this point it means sacrificing myself since it'd make more sense for you guys to kill us than convert me back. If he's not in a cult there are a few players left alive who would gladly martyr themselves if they knew it would win the game for the humans so I don't want to risk it.

e: The above is also why I haven't (and won't) give out my masked name or the name of my lover. Sorry.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 01 Jul 2014, 08:59:28

Nero has been invited.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 01 Jul 2014, 10:39:16

I'd be thrilled to invite your lover in, given that you could essentially bury us, as well. We are a mutual liability here. Since you know the mask, we could even drag them into Rave's vault to get more than one PM in (but I know you don't want to divulge that). It sounds like the information there might be of a compromising nature, though...

Anyway. Please let us know if we're about to accidentally kill you in the main thread at any point.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 01 Jul 2014, 11:41:58

We're in business. stigmata > Ryvvn > Omega

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 01 Jul 2014, 12:42:50

Stigmata>>>Ryvvn>>>Omega it is then
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 01 Jul 2014, 15:50:37

Sorry Rave, looks like they've decided you're a Shambler. Or, more likely, 'at least we know he's not in our cult and he's an easy sell'.

I'll probably be the easy sell tomorrow. But I've no desire to make it easier by voting on an opposite bandwagon. I could snipe, but it'd probably just be self-destructive.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 01 Jul 2014, 16:03:22

missed my vote due to cooking dinner for 15 ppl, ( my family and future wifes family on this Dominion day, { Canada Day } )

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 01 Jul 2014, 16:05:46

Happy Canada Day. Though I am kind of unsympathetic to missed votes. Who misses a vote with 24 hours to work with?

Everyone, apparently. (EDIT: Just counted. 11 players have missed at least one votes, nearly half the player base. I seriously do not understand how this happens so much)

On the bright side, four votes stacked on Rave when we're looking for rival cults at four members makes this kind of easy.

Return to “Seen but not Heard”