Night 4 - One of a Kind

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 4 - One of a Kind

Postby Clearasday » 23 Jun 2014, 19:06:16

You find a corner and make it your lair. This is where your new start shall begin. For you are a Duck, and do not belong in a city in this state. You will make it your own, and bring about a new era. The long years of the chickens are at last over. The Ducks shall rise.

Every night you must vote here for two targets.
A Masked Account, to convert.
A Main Account, to nightkill.
Your nightkill will only work against targets that belong to a cult.

Things will go poorly for anyone that tries to leave your cult.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Re: Day 4 - One of a Kind

Postby Admetus » 27 Jun 2014, 20:17:33

Sweet. I've been keeping all of my information to myself, of course. This will give me a good chance to organize my thoughts.

When we started, I was pretending to be Meta4. Then he died day 1, oops. Since then I've been trying to imitate Blindsniper, sorta.

I'm wondering why there's such a lot of votes against Valerian, who is like, 100% sure to be rekard. But then, I'm also not sure why everyone wanted the obvious Zark dead. Wouldn't you rather kill someone you're not sure about? Did Valerian get converted out of one cult into another, or does some cult have a seer? But of course that's another big reason why I was opposed to letting him get killed yesterday. If there's a cult that's willing to work in the open and they're capable of getting their way, it's bad for the coop.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Jun 2014, 20:21:57

My cult is very strong -- stronger than I expected cults to be. I wonder if my estimation is wrong, or if it's something else:

I have a late start. That could be enough of a handicap.
I may actually be compromised in some way -- my cult might be a child of someone else's powers, for instance.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 29 Jun 2014, 14:27:09

I've been doing a bit of re-reading. Only got through Day 2. I'll open a new post for speculations.

Right now I have to decide where to drop my vote. The choices are Valerian (rekard), Romulus (Ryvvn?), Scipio (Visigoth or That PJ?). Not a loose spread of votes. I want to vote out Romulus, but that would be a high profile vote. A vote on Romulus or Scipio would tie me to Valerian, which would be very bad if Valerian dies and turns cult. I'd be a very likely lynch target.

Can I vote off to the side, avoiding the vote, or would even that be high profile?

If Valerian wasn't already leading at this moment, a vote on him is probably best. I don't actually need him alive. It's a little less good now because it could just be "the obvious human cred move" with a dying cult-friend.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 29 Jun 2014, 14:33:27

For what to do with my powers, hmm. I can use the night kill as a kind of seer. Obviously I should be pretty sure my targets are not even remotely likely to be the same.

I would have probably tried to convert Hellheart, but that Day 4 spiel was a neon signpost. I will evaluate for a day or two, but he makes a good night-kill target. It will not hurt him if he's not converted yet, and that will give me more information about whether I want to convert him next. That PJ as backup because he's very active and I feel confident I wouldn't confuse him with Ozy.

I will try to convert Ozy, taking what I feel like is a 50/50 shot between Caesar (hiding Ozy) or Remus (not-hiding Ozy).

Night kill Hellheart -> That PJ
Convert Remus -> Caesar

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 29 Jun 2014, 14:40:49

CAD, can you clarify the order of operations anywhere? Are there general rules like kills go before converts? It even affects my own powers to know that, because I could conceive of tricks like "night kill a guy to screen him for cult membership then recruit same guy with a failsafe second name."

-edit- for clarity that would be something like
Kill A
Convert A -> B
(Not a vote.)

But mainly I'm wondering about whether the kill works on people that are freshly converted.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 29 Jun 2014, 14:53:41

I've missed all the previous misposts, but I saw that one, necklessone. I'm sorry if that messed with people identifying you. I'm also pretty worried about my own mispost yesterday, since there wasn't enough traffic after that to truly hide. I'm pretty sure I narrowed down the list of people that could be Admetus to just a couple, for most interested parties.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 29 Jun 2014, 15:34:32

Another note since I'm recalling the critique that Ozy was "too obvious" of a conversion choice in The World's End. I'm picking him because if he's part of someone's cult, I want the intel he'll bring. I feel like it would be worth it even though he'd likely get killed in retaliation. Why not just use a night kill on him? Yes, I could have done that, too. But if I'm going to use the kill to help me make recruiting decisions, I don't really need it to decide I'd like Ozy in the team.

Return to “Their Worst Nightmare”