Mask speculation

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Mask speculation

Postby Admetus » 29 Jun 2014, 14:34:58

Agrippa wrote:picked a claimed avatar. whoops, that's meta4.

Antony wrote:someone who is going to be writing quite a bit. I actually don't have a good candidate at this point. Omega? Day 2 seer hint?

Augustus wrote:short vote day 1, background character?

Caesar wrote:vote day 1 to break tons of ties, speeches cover unusual levels of early speculation - ozy candidate

Caligula wrote:sound old school TWG, posts votes day 1 (omega?)

Caracalla wrote:necklessone? or maybe someone who plays the "poppy devotee"?

Cato wrote:obvious Zark

Cicero wrote:early day 1 should be telling, but i'm blank. day 2 I can agree with and sounds like old school reasoning.

Cincinnatus wrote:a little bit of roman inside jokes. Then princess bride. I'm guessing an old schooler here, too. DOM?

Commodus wrote:the real blindsniper or another fake? one word vote day 1, day 4 post about not understanding.

Constantine wrote:doing a light zark shtick. someone who doesn't post a ton. totalled a vote day 2

Diocletian wrote:one word vote (ends up being twdog)

Domitian wrote:background character. Aldax or Antipater?

Hardrian wrote:Who would do a RP that's likely to be annoying and not provide subtitles? Probably not Hellheart, then? Day 4 vote post has a sphenodont ring to it.

Marius wrote:background character.

Nero wrote:really sounds like Hellheart - after day 4 novel, definitely hellheart, but i can't touch him if he's going to get hot

Pompey wrote:background character. Aldax or Antipater? Blindsniper? Grammar errors intentional?

Remus wrote:Rictus or FurinMirado, terse arguments... ooh, day 4 post sounds more like Ozymandias, but day 1 makes me reconsider. day 2 is consistent, maybe.

Romulus wrote:Ryvvn? Awesome semicolon youtube video. Post hoc ergo propter hoc day 2 vote.

Scipio wrote:, hmm. Stigmata? Visigoth? Leaning Visigoth here. But wait, day 2 defensive post is really That PJ (where the note about dying first would be a misdirection.) Okay, either this is necklessone or it's a cult member who is willing to take a bullet for him. His mispost was reposted under Scipio's account.

Sulla wrote:no picture, hm.

Tiberius wrote:Rictus most likely

Trajan wrote:would I have guessed MEM?

Valentinian wrote:very little. just a wild guess, could be dferrantino.

Valerian wrote:rekard

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Mask speculation

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 29 Jun 2014, 20:32:33

Only hitting the remaining players at this point, I'll drop the dead in at the bottom. I didn't get much.
Augustus wrote:1 post/day, very light activity. Asked for a "current vote tally". Smirker/ICB/Rictus use that phrasing, could be others.

Caesar wrote:Verbose, posted a daily breakdown, poem, asking for explanation of votes - Omega, dfer, maybe Ryvvn?

Cicero wrote:Light posting, Homer gif, "IT SAYS DUX" - feels like blindsniper

Cincinnatus wrote:Used clvck twice, Princess Bride quote. dfer?

Commodus wrote:one-word at most, very light.

Constantine wrote:multi-colored posts, dropbox banned from work, John Constantine - feels sphenodont to me. ThatPJ?

Domitian wrote:"folks", numbered + signs with no "day" in front, time-ordered voting chart (Name01, Name02, Name03) - Rictus?

Marius wrote:Admetus

Nero wrote:Vote count, bulleted lists use A), B), Day # underlines

Pompey wrote:I'm calling this stigmata, could also be blindsniper

Remus wrote:DOM

Sulla wrote:I got nothing.

Valentinian wrote:Light posting, not much to go on, vigged rekard

The Dead
Valerian wrote:rekard

Caligula wrote:FurinMirado

Caracalla wrote:Visigoth

Romulus wrote:Snake

Hadrian wrote:sphenodont
Last edited by DastardlyOldMan on 30 Jun 2014, 18:56:24, edited 2 times in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 29 Jun 2014, 21:26:04

Haha, you are definitely right about that Caracalla post. Also, I like your approach of just going through one name at a time instead of processing the whole thread. I didn't reach Day 3 on the reread, but included some impressions from Day 4 while they were fresh. I'll probably start over again with the new results in mind, but I don't know if I'll have enough free time to accomplish that before deadline tomorrow.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 30 Jun 2014, 18:57:14

Put some edits in, removed Day 5 dead and changed some theories around. 13 players, but a lot of them are under-the-radars.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 30 Jun 2014, 21:12:55

Changed the format a bit. The other one was not looking that clean to me.

I skimmed this time using advanced search to focus on author. It went faster!

These are the candidates:
Aldax
Antipater
BlindSniper83
dferrantino
Omega
Ravebomb
Ryvvn
Smirker
stigmata
That PJ
Wasabi

Augustus
One post per day. Intentionally variable vote highlighting.

Caesar
Though he's at 1 post per day except Day 3, he has long posts with a probe, seems very old school. Claims to always look at consecutive votes suspiciously. Is that an Omega kind of thing to say? Only Day 4 post was one word. It seems like others have gone this way, though we just proved Caligula wasn't doing it out of cult obligation. Votes for Domitian Day 5 because he thinks too much? In hindsight it turns out Domitian's theory linking Shambling members together was correct, but Caesar isn't dead with them.
Is this Omega?

Cicero
Says "Day 2". I agreed with him about Romulus's reasoning. Reacted to the mispost from Ozy with a Simpsons gif but didn't help delete that post, so likely not RaveBomb. Missed a weekend vote.
Dferrantino?

Cincinnatus
One post per day, missed weekend vote. Voted for me, with suspect reasoning. Princess Bride quote.

Commodus
Looks like Blindsniper to me. Lack of end punctuation, one post per day, missed Day 2.

Constantine
I take back what I previously was thinking, that this was a low post count person attempting to push out more posts. He's actually pretty active.
Ryvvn? That PJ? With Domitian leaning Ryvvn, I think this one leans PJ.

Domitian
Puts out some charts, relies on voting analysis that turns out to be correctly tying Shambling members together. Oddly jumps the gun on calling for Romulus before the results of the vig are published.
The posting style says more Ryvvn to me, but the vote analysis with numbers of votes maybe could be That PJ? I'm going to lean Ryvvn here. He could do that analysis if he wanted to be a bit more off his normal method, I've seen him do it in wolf boards before.

Nero
Active, confronts rekard and gets quite vocal for a bit on Day 4. Who would dig through old posts like that?

Pompey
This one sounds like someone trying to pretend to be Blindsniper. Blindsniper is a popular guy. But I think that grammar bomb is too artificial, perhaps. Not the lowest of post counts, but low.

Sulla
Maybe implies he made a mispost at some point, he ++'d necklessone's concern in the player thread. Went after Hadrian for his French. Who were the people most annoyed by the less readable RPs in the past? Claims to be travelling.

Valentinian
Brings up something rekard said about me when voting for me. Has made other points that were reasonably insightful. I think a converted person might withhold those, so I'm going to guess he's unaligned.
Smirker or stigmata maybe?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 01 Jul 2014, 19:03:57

These are the candidates:
Aldax
BlindSniper83
dferrantino
Omega
Ryvvn
stigmata
That PJ

Augustus
One post per day. Intentionally variable vote highlighting. Aldax?

Cicero
Says "Day 2". I agreed with him about Romulus's reasoning. Reacted to the mispost from Ozy with a Simpsons gif but didn't help delete that post, so likely not RaveBomb. Missed a weekend vote.
Dferrantino?

Commodus
Looks like Blindsniper to me. Lack of end punctuation, one post per day, missed Day 2.

Domitian
Antipater says: ThatPJ

Nero
Active, confronts rekard and gets quite vocal for a bit on Day 4. Who would dig through old posts like that? Omega?

Pompey
This one sounds like someone trying to pretend to be Blindsniper. Blindsniper is a popular guy. But I think that grammar bomb is too artificial, perhaps. Not the lowest of post counts, but low. DOM says: stigmata.

Sulla
Maybe implies he made a mispost at some point, he ++'d necklessone's concern in the player thread. Went after Hadrian for his French. Who were the people most annoyed by the less readable RPs in the past? Claims to be travelling. Ryvvn?
Last edited by DastardlyOldMan on 02 Jul 2014, 07:46:33, edited 2 times in total.

PA System
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby PA System » 02 Jul 2014, 04:58:52

Well I am just about completely sure that Domitian is That PJ. Writing style seems right - and after working with him for 4 years I hope I can judge. As sure as I get anyways.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 02 Jul 2014, 06:16:30

Cool, thank ya - edited in some notes, edited out some speculations.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 02 Jul 2014, 07:47:27

Another edit. Put some names in as a best-guess, just to have the names.

Return to “Their Worst Nightmare”