Night 6 - Revealed

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 6 - Revealed

Postby Clearasday » 30 Jun 2014, 17:42:01

Your actions have gone largely according to your grand design, although your Cultist seems to have been unable to join you for your lunch appointment due to what looks to be severe illness and death.

The Senators may be blind to how their power quickly slips away from them, but they cannot ignore the fact that one of your kind has been found lying on the steps of the Curia. The only question is, how will they react? Will they embrace their conquerors willingly?
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Day 6 - Revealed

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 30 Jun 2014, 18:44:13

Clearasday wrote:Will they embrace their conquerors willingly?

I'm going to say Ye-e-e-e-s?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 30 Jun 2014, 18:45:09

Back to the drawing board on our mappings, I think, although having Furin and sphenodont out points me toward some others. Glad we chose Visigoth for the kill as well.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 30 Jun 2014, 20:01:28

Visigoth was a lucky strike. I think it makes up for Romulus, but of course it would have been super sweet not to have to do that.

CAD has not given us a warning about cult sizes. Assuming it would be important if we were at 10 with a large cult, I feel like there are two strong possibilities. This hinges on the idea that Visigoth's death would kill all of his cultists based on the flavortext related to Hadrian. (He's even listed as 'died' instead of 'murdered.') 1) Romulus was Shambling, which would make it the four-player cult at the start of the day. They were completely wiped out. 2) Romulus was a member of the four-person cult, and they're down to 3 members.

I think I favor #1, because it explains why I got pushed so fast. I feel like a 3 person cult in this game would still deserve a warning with only 10 alive. Convert + mislynch + 1 murder would give a 3 person cult the win. Is it possible that there are only cults of 2 left at this point?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 30 Jun 2014, 20:03:30

Since Romulus was murdered, not died, it is possible there is another animal cult. Perhaps even a fox. I wonder if he would have survived as a Duck when Visigoth was killed. It sure would have been nice to collect their information, since they had a full seer on board.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 30 Jun 2014, 20:07:58

Wait, what am I going on about. There are 13 alive. In order for a cult of 3 to win, they'd need Convert + mislynch + 4 murders. That seems like it would not be easily possible, so I could see a lack of warning at cult size of 3.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 30 Jun 2014, 20:36:32

Looking through the shortened list of people. Did you know Rictus is not in the game? I assumed he was.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 30 Jun 2014, 20:47:36

Hmmm.... I should have known, but apparently I did not. Maybe I should actually look at that list again :)

I might also try a reversal of identifying the masks, and attempt to identify by player instead. Unfortunately, I'm going to struggle with much of that remaining list.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 30 Jun 2014, 21:11:23

I'm done with my re-skim with only the remaining people. I tried to keep the remaining original names in mind while looking.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 30 Jun 2014, 21:28:21

I have had such an awful success rate identifying anyone. Your Visigoth might have been the only usefully correct result from this process.

Still, I think it's worth doing to attempt to improve our confidence that we're operating our powers on different people. It lets us be prepared when the day's twists suggest we change plans.

Let me look at our results:

Factions indicated by dead people
Neutral Chickens: 3
Chickens of Repute: 2 (eliminated?)
Blood Chickens: 1 (leaderless)
Masons: 1 (leaderless?)
Shambling Chickens: 4 (eliminated)
Ducks of unknown prior allegiance : 1

Unknowns: 11

We're still at 5 cults, which is the minimum number of cults I was willing to speculate. I think there are more cults to find. Also, for no reason other than it sounds right, I'm going to guess that the Blood Chickens probably didn't regenerate their leader, but I would expect the Masons could pass that on to a secondary member. Either that or they started out with more members at Day 1.

I also expect there is a Fox sociopath. It fits in with why one would create a seer for "non chickens." He should be murdering people every night. Perhaps he only strikes when hits a hard condition, like matching mask to original identity, or perhaps he's an inactive player missing days?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Jul 2014, 05:06:42

We could use the conversion on Cincinnatus, and the night kill to screen people that would be bad if they were contributing to a cult, like Ryvvn/That PJ/Omega. Cincinnatus because I feel like the reason he used to vote on me was forced, which might mean we get some foreign cult intel.

We'd want to avoid converting Nero -- he already voted with us, and that would be putting all our eggs in one vote train.

Or we could go back to using the kill against quiet people and attempting to convert Caesar.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 01 Jul 2014, 05:49:10

Admetus wrote:We could use the conversion on Cincinnatus, and the night kill to screen people that would be bad if they were contributing to a cult, like Ryvvn/That PJ/Omega. Cincinnatus because I feel like the reason he used to vote on me was forced, which might mean we get some foreign cult intel.

We'd want to avoid converting Nero -- he already voted with us, and that would be putting all our eggs in one vote train.

Or we could go back to using the kill against quiet people and attempting to convert Caesar.

I really like getting Caesar on our side - the good thing is, we're the only cult that we know of that still has a leader, but I agree that we've probably got at least one more cult out there. Let me (try to) take a pass through the voting history / reread and see what we can identify. I think there's still one more shambler out there as well, but the numbers line up, assuming they had a very active recruitment capability.

Kill-wise, I think we go back to Aldax/Wasabi. I really feel like Pompey (as probably stigmata) is unaligned as well.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Jul 2014, 08:14:26

I still think the last Shambler was Romulus. If he was from another cult, we can only assume they were the cult that started with 4 yesterday.

Provisional orders:
Convert Caesar -> Constantine
Night Kill Wasabi -> Aldax

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 01 Jul 2014, 11:35:38

Convert Caesar -> Constantine
Night Kill Wasabi -> Aldax

God, the timing on Romulus' death is actually so helpful to us - everyone's looking at who he was working with, and we're way on the opposite end of that scale. The fact that he was a Duck for about 30 seconds is something that most of the villagers are going to miss - I almost feel guilty about them not knowing the order of operations here. It's inconvenient for the cultists, but it could be almost game-breaking for the chickens.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 01 Jul 2014, 11:38:13

Domitian should probably be high on our convert list as well. He was actively, very actively working against Romulus (Hmmm..... I wonder if Romulus belonged to ~another cult before we converted him?), seems like he's getting some strong reads.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Jul 2014, 11:50:50

Yes I really like Domitian, I'd love to work with him. The only problem is he keeps drawing vote attention. If he can shake that, I'd like to try him when we see how things fall out.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Jul 2014, 11:54:30

If the "Romulus was from the 4 faction that isn't Shamblers" guess is right, they might also have another discussion entirely. It could appear that he was a spy in their ranks. I guess given his role it wouldn't be a stretch to assume the convert and kill happened, though.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Jul 2014, 12:55:38

Sign up thread wrote:Every 2 days commencing on Day 1, you will be warned of how many players are in the largest cult faction. You will not be told the name of the faction. If there is a draw you will not be notified that two teams are drawing for the largest faction.

So, after a re-read of the sign up, I guess I can't assume that there would be a warning today about lynch or lose if the largest cult was still at 4 members. There could have been more than one of those, and it's possible we'll never get a lynch or lose warning because of the way the rules for warnings were laid out.

Also.
Subject: Day 6 - Catastrophic Catalogue of Culling outside the Curia

Pompey wrote:
Remus wrote:Pompey - I didn't like the throwaway vote at the end of the day.

i posted a throwaway vote yesterday as i posted from my car, b4 i crossed the border, and nearly tripling my phone rates, (my cell carrier sucks ass)

my issuse is im p.much lost with masked accounts, and not being able to read peoples habits, other than somebody is posting like zark, even though he is dead

Is this Antipater's problem? The border in this case would be that tunnel or whatever it is he encounters on his commute often complicating his deadline presence?

It's a bit suspect because he posted in the last minutes of the day. The border wasn't the only issue, the vote deadline was upon him.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 01 Jul 2014, 13:27:01

Admetus wrote:
Pompey wrote:
Remus wrote:Pompey - I didn't like the throwaway vote at the end of the day.

i posted a throwaway vote yesterday as i posted from my car, b4 i crossed the border, and nearly tripling my phone rates, (my cell carrier sucks ass)

my issuse is im p.much lost with masked accounts, and not being able to read peoples habits, other than somebody is posting like zark, even though he is dead

Is this Antipater's problem? The border in this case would be that tunnel or whatever it is he encounters on his commute often complicating his deadline presence?

It's a bit suspect because he posted in the last minutes of the day. The border wasn't the only issue, the vote deadline was upon him.

Might be - could also be blindsniper, but I think you may have it right.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Jul 2014, 13:54:03

Well, I was working through some notes and skimming Day 5-6 to figure out my vote. I'd just settled on Cincinnatus, and up he jumps with a vote on me. Guess that makes it even easier.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 01 Jul 2014, 13:58:14

FYI - won't be around much toward EOD to help with dynamic adjustments, so don't get yourself into lynch trouble, eh? Tomorrow's going to be more of the same (I'm typically on a volleyball court with a margarita in hand at this particular EOD-time).

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Jul 2014, 14:10:26

Nice, though I wonder how you manage to return any balls with a drink in hand.

There are around 8 votes outstanding. I guess I have no idea whether I'll be in lynch trouble again.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Jul 2014, 15:13:55

Too slow. Didn't see how I could vote for a singleton at the point when I was ready to hit post.

Constantine - Domitian, Commodus, Valentinian, Marius
Commodus - Caesar, Constantine
Pompey - Remus, Cicero
Cicero - Nero
Marius - Cincinnatus

Return to “Their Worst Nightmare”