RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

West Wing - T Minus 5

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Jul 2014, 16:24:42

The entire room looked at each other and all but shoved Hellheart towards the speaker grill.

"Perry? Is that you?" Hellheart inquired of the wall grill. "i really hope it's you. I've got a BRAND NEW... "

"No. This is Central. " interrupted the intercom. "Now, listen carefully, we don't have a lot of time. You need to pick FOUR people to evacuate. I think we can get that many out undetected."
From the background came the faint words "we hope" followed by a smack before the intercom clicked off.

There is a TV mounted in the corner. Do you want to turn it on to RNN or Foxy News?

YOU MAY NOW PM ANYBODY IN THIS ROOM. PLEASE CC ME ON ALL PMs
PM logs, eavesdropping, and similar may be employed.

Current day will end when I lock the threads in approximately 24 hours.

Current Room Occupants

Hellheart - Room Leader - Pick 4 people to move.
Clearasday
meta4
Mister E. Meat
necklessone
Ryvvn
stigmata
That PJ

Ambassador - Omega
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: West Wing - T Minus 5

Postby Hellheart » 14 Jul 2014, 17:07:59

Well, either Perry the Platypus left for the other room or he's still here in disguise. Either way, one of you must have seen him. I just need to find a way to show you what he looks like, privately, so we don't arouse his suspicion.

I know! I'll create a Lost Pet poster and use this nifty new messaging system to send it to everyone! Everybody tries to find a lost pet, so it's foolproof! All I need to do is draw a picture and put it on a poster...there. Now, how does this whole messaging thing work?

Oh neat, an auto-messaging feature! Just the thing for computer-challenged old folks like me! Hmmm, what's this..."Warning: This feature is current in early Alpha. Aloyse von Roddenstein Evil Incorporated cannot be held responsible for whatever this thing chooses to send. Use this at your own risk unless you're Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Dr. Doofenshmirtz should totally trust this feature to do exactly what he tells it to do."

It's about time I got some recognition! Let's fire this baby up and send off some messages!

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!

Hello? Mother, why are you calling me? No, I didn't send you a suicide note. Calm down, mother. Yes, I know how much that would hurt Roger. Yes, that would be really selfish of me. But I didn't even write...yes, mother, I'll apologize to him right away. I know, you're always disappointed in me. Look, I've got to go, so goodbye mother...click

Well, that's odd. I wonder what messages this thing sent...WHAT? I thought finally put that video behind me! Who even took these pictures? Excuse me, this script is private. And that letter was sent through the mail, it isn't even on my computer! Well, at least my poster got sent to one person, so I can just ask...myself? Why would I possibly want to send this poster to myself?

Rodney, you lying fiend, I should have known you'd do something like this!

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Jul 2014, 17:35:19

Fine, whatever. I'll just pin this on the wall, for everybody to see.

"Oh, deary me, I seem to have lost my pet platypus. I am beside myself with grief. Will somebody please have pity on me and tell me where he escaped to?"

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 14 Jul 2014, 17:47:43

Ahem.

I have been handed a message, written on some very fine stationary, I imagine it must have originated in one of the finest printing houses in London. The thickness of the card, the raised lettering, my goodness, even a watermark...

Oh, right, the message.

Awesomeast Wing wrote:Tell the other room that they can suck it!!

Signed, the Awesomeast Wing.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Jul 2014, 17:50:11

Omega wrote:Ahem.

I have been handed a message, written on some very fine stationary, I imagine it must have originated in one of the finest printing houses in London. The thickness of the card, the raised lettering, my goodness, even a watermark...

Oh, right, the message.

Awesomeast Wing wrote:Tell the other room that they can suck it!!

Signed, the Awesomeast Wing.

Clearly these people are deluded. Have they not seen my poster? How could they match such craftsmanship?

You put my poster up over there, right?

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 14 Jul 2014, 17:52:17

I missed that you wanted that message sent across. I'll take it now.

In the future PM me anything you want sent. I'll likely only be able to skim the day threads for the rest of the week.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Jul 2014, 17:54:54

Omega wrote:I missed that you wanted that message sent across. I'll take it now.

In the future PM me anything you want sent. I'll likely only be able to skim the day threads for the rest of the week.

(( I would have PM'd it to you, but it would have totally spoiled the story I've weaved to explain a bunch of messages that you probably won't see until the end of the game :lol: ))

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 14 Jul 2014, 18:09:03

Oh there's a story? That's just what I need in my movie. My movie is going to be all about stories. Stories of love, stories of platypus... HOLD THE PHONE. A MOVIE ABOUT A STORY OF A PLATYPUS.

GREAT!
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Jul 2014, 19:09:44

Okay folks, we have a mission here. And to accomplish it, we need trust.

Who is willing to share their team with me?

Edit: For clarities sake, this is not an official share request. Just trying to get some conversation open.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Jul 2014, 19:32:48

PUBLIC REVEAL: I am team red.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Jul 2014, 19:40:43

It's true, he is on the RED team.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Jul 2014, 20:07:17

necklessone wrote:Okay folks, we have a mission here. And to accomplish it, we need trust.

Edit: For clarities sake, this is not an official share request. Just trying to get some conversation open.

You're on my team. Everyone's on my team. You elected me your leader yesterday, remember?

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 14 Jul 2014, 20:54:39

Hellheart wrote:
necklessone wrote:Okay folks, we have a mission here. And to accomplish it, we need trust.

You're on my team. Everyone's on my team. You elected me your leader yesterday, remember?

King? We didn't elect no king.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Jul 2014, 21:20:46

stigmata wrote:King? We didn't elect no king.

Leader, not King. You know, I'm pretty sure you owe me because I defended you from that perverted Dastardly Old Man in that really weird Quantum House.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 15 Jul 2014, 05:29:23

Indeed. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 15 Jul 2014, 06:36:52

Meta4 wrote:

Indeed. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Great, fantastic. That's so bloody marvellous it makes you want to throw up.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 15 Jul 2014, 07:41:27

Wow, down the hall you hear dozens of voices in raised and pitched conversation.

by Clearasday 2 messages
by necklessone 3 messages
by Ryvvn 1 messages
by That PJ 1 messages
by Hellheart 23 messages

I don't think that this is even a full tally.

Fun fact! "The word "share" was used TWENTY SIX times on one page of PMs.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 15 Jul 2014, 08:17:36

Can you indulge in clarifying something for a non-dastardly old man?

Everyone on the blue team is happy if the rooms are segregated by color, right? And everyone on the red team is happy if the rooms are mixed. So it seems way easier to be a blue player than a red one, no? If blue gets all the commies reds into one room and all the blues in the other, then the VIP is guaranteed to not get blown up.

Although thinking about it more, it may be more difficult in practice unless the other room leader is also on the same team.

Anyhow food for thought at least.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 15 Jul 2014, 08:26:33

Mister E. Meat wrote:Can you indulge in clarifying something for a non-dastardly old man?

Everyone on the blue team is happy if the rooms are segregated by color, right? And everyone on the red team is happy if the rooms are mixed. So it seems way easier to be a blue player than a red one, no? If blue gets all the commies reds into one room and all the blues in the other, then the VIP is guaranteed to not get blown up.

Although thinking about it more, it may be more difficult in practice unless the other room leader is also on the same team.

Anyhow food for thought at least.

The last exchange becomes very problematic if the rooms end up color segregated. One player is going to swap rooms immediately before the end of the game; if all the blue players are in one room, all the red team needs to do is send over the bomber.

Of course, the blue team knows this so they could send their VIP over on the last exchange.

Of course, the red team knows the blue team knows....

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 15 Jul 2014, 08:28:40

Speaking of swapping, any thoughts from our glorious leader about how to handle moving people over today? Is there anyone who wants to move?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Jul 2014, 09:20:08

necklessone wrote:Speaking of swapping, any thoughts from our glorious leader about how to handle moving people over today? Is there anyone who wants to move?

I'm thinking of sending over people who don't look like Perry the Platypus. And maybe keeping this movie director guy here so I can pitch him the movie version of Doof 'n Puss. I'm sure that giving me a movie deal wouldn't even need to be a team effort - the idea itself is cinema gold!

(( I'm probably going to send over at least a couple of the quiet ones to see if somebody over there can get them to open up. Half of both rooms are going to change either way, so at this point there's no obvious benefit to being shuffled over. You're going to see 4 new people either way. ))

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 15 Jul 2014, 09:48:35

Hellheart wrote:
necklessone wrote:Speaking of swapping, any thoughts from our glorious leader about how to handle moving people over today? Is there anyone who wants to move?

I'm thinking of sending over people who don't look like Perry the Platypus. And maybe keeping this movie director guy here so I can pitch him the movie version of Doof 'n Puss. I'm sure that giving me a movie deal wouldn't even need to be a team effort - the idea itself is cinema gold!

(( I'm probably going to send over at least a couple of the quiet ones to see if somebody over there can get them to open up. Half of both rooms are going to change either way, so at this point there's no obvious benefit to being shuffled over. You're going to see 4 new people either way. ))

Fantastic, a film about movement between rooms and the segregation and good and yeah with none of the bad bits and yeah and good. GREAT!

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Jul 2014, 09:51:06

Clearasday wrote:
Hellheart wrote:

Fantastic, a film about movement between rooms and the segregation and good and yeah with none of the bad bits and yeah and good. GREAT!

You seem to be getting...less enthusiastic as time goes on. Am I really that boring?

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 15 Jul 2014, 10:09:33

I don't even know what to do now that we're not trying to murder someone daily. I don't really have a stake in staying versus going, either, for exactly the reasons mentioned. I am definitely curious how their Day 1 discussions have gone, though...

Tell you what, everyone here just tell me what you are, and I'll carry that over to the other side and let them know. That plan can't possibly fail. :D
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 15 Jul 2014, 11:31:09

That PJ wrote:Tell you what, everyone here just tell me what you are, and I'll carry that over to the other side and let them know. That plan can't possibly fail. :D

I'm a stonecutter

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 15 Jul 2014, 12:05:59

Mister E. Meat wrote:
That PJ wrote:Tell you what, everyone here just tell me what you are, and I'll carry that over to the other side and let them know. That plan can't possibly fail. :D

I'm a stonecutter

Haha fantastic because stone of course brilliant what? Yes great okay ACTION!

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 15 Jul 2014, 12:07:23

What scene? The first scene. Which? Uh yes. The first. Uh which is that? Yes. Great, brilliant. The first scene is... oh yes Scene 1! ACTION.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 15 Jul 2014, 12:33:31

Are they watching TV in the other room?

Slackers.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 15 Jul 2014, 12:46:14

RaveBomb wrote:Are they watching TV in the other room?

Slackers.

What if they're watching The West Wing?
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 15 Jul 2014, 13:13:53

What if they're watching The West Wing?

:flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail:

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 15 Jul 2014, 13:38:29

Wingception.

Return to “West Wing”