Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Consider this the Waiting Room to the Rest of All Eternity
sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4392
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby sphenodont » 15 Aug 2014, 19:15:21

(It's late and my coughing has my wife fussing over me. I'm being sent to bed early tonight. So, synopses now, fleshed out later. Weekend rules apply, EOD Sunday at 8.)

dferrantino was a bus-driver.
Now he's out of work.
He decides to go postal and climbs the clock tower.
Mishaps happen.
He falls against the face of the clock.
Both tumble to the ground.
Squash.

dferrantino - Bus Driver - Hands at the Ten and Two, Day Three (Lynch)

Lynch Vote Totals
dferrantino - 3 - DastardlyOldMan, RaveBomb, FurinMirado, Death Tie-Breaker
Snake - 3 - Okaros, 7-zark-7, Hellheart
RaveBomb - 2 - Meta4, Iron Clad Burrito
Clearasday - 2 - Snake, Aldax
Ryvvn - 1 - Augenvonsauron
Meta4 - 1 - Clearasday
Augenvonsauron - 1 - Ryvvn
Hellheart - 1 - rekard

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4392
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby sphenodont » 15 Aug 2014, 19:19:50

MEM put on his hard-hat and went to work every day for thirty-five years and finally took a vacation for himself.
He stopped in at the hotel bar.
Drank things he shouldn't have, but he had a construction worker's constitution.
Then, he turned his attention away to get the number of call girl.

As he finished up his nightcap (rum-and-diet-coke), and errant Mento flew across the room and landed in his glass.

His cast-iron stomach went boom.

Mister E. Meat - Building Demolition Contracter - Master Exploder, Day Three (Maul)

Day Three Maul Votes
[+] votes
7-zark-7 1
Clearasday 1
FurinMirado 1
Hellheart 3 (immune to maul)
Jokerfish 1
Meta4 1
Mister E. Meat 1
Okaros 2
Omega 1
RaveBomb 1
rekard 2
Ryvvn 1
Snake 1

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4392
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby sphenodont » 15 Aug 2014, 19:20:49

Toward the front, you see a man who is missing his left arm desperately trying to pull himself up from the left wall of the bus, now on the ground. There's a large piece of glass stuck in his right shoulder, and he's having no luck of it. The bus slams into something solid and the one-armed man's neck is snapped by the seat behind him coming free and pinching him into the seat ahead.

Suddenly, you remember a detail! Hanging above that one-armed man was another, only this guy was missing his right arm! As the bus slammed into that concrete wall, he lost his grip on the seatbelt he was holding desperately onto and fell, impaling his head on the now-exposed steel bars that had been bolting the loose seat down.

The next few minutes pass in a haze, and all you can remember is everyone pushing and climbing to get out of the bus. You remember hoisting yourself up and pulling a couple of others out, and looking back. There's a long furrow dug from where the bus came down from the road and smashed through this wall.

You don't have long to sit and stare in confusion, though. As you turn around, you see one of the survivors who has already climbed down into what appears to be a courtyard. Her hair is a mess and her makeup even worse. She is clutching a well-worn paperback to her chest and bawling. "This isn't how the book said it was supposed to beeeeee!" Her wail turns into a scream as what looks like a blur of fur tackles her.

Another of the passengers ran to save her, but another blur — this time clearly a wolf — grabbed him by the ankle and dragged him back into the wreckage of what looked like a holding pen.


Upcoming Deaths
Day 4 Lynch: Recently-Detached Siamese Twin
Day 4 Maul: Woman Inspired by "Eat, Pray, Love"
Day 5 Lynch: International Man of Danger


GM Note: Today's lynch is a double-elimination! There are two, TWO Siamese Twins!

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4392
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby sphenodont » 15 Aug 2014, 19:25:00

Day 4 Maul Votes (for today)
Aldax - 2
Augenvonsauron - 1
DastardlyOldMan - 2
Iron Clad Burrito - 2
Jokerfish - 1
Meta4 - 1
Mister E. Meat - 1
Okaros - 2
Omega - 1
RaveBomb - 1
rekard - 1
stigmata - 1

All tied up, no one is immune.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6328
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby rekard » 15 Aug 2014, 19:56:03

Let's start with Hellheart. His thing of "Omigosh, I don't want to vote randomly" doesn't vibe well with me. My impression was that he was excessively worried about what his vote would mean to others.

ICB gives me the jivvies a bit. He PMed me after I voted for him on day 1complaining a bit. Though the thing that was weird was that he stroke my ego succintly. That he hoped I didn't die or that my analysis would be handy later. I blushed but that early day 1vote of confidence is a bit on the peculiar side.

I do wonder. Who else could be a stinker? Omega? Clearasday?

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4257
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 15 Aug 2014, 20:57:48

rekard wrote:Let's start with Hellheart. His thing of "Omigosh, I don't want to vote randomly" doesn't vibe well with me. My impression was that he was excessively worried about what his vote would mean to others.

ICB gives me the jivvies a bit. He PMed me after I voted for him on day 1complaining a bit. Though the thing that was weird was that he stroke my ego succintly. That he hoped I didn't die or that my analysis would be handy later. I blushed but that early day 1vote of confidence is a bit on the peculiar side.

I do wonder. Who else could be a stinker? Omega? Clearasday?


I hate to blame IRL for my day 2 and 3 behavior, but yeah. I voted early on day 2 before getting on the road, and I actually posted and PM'd from the road on day 3.

Since we have a weekend, I'm going to try to do some analysisizing and ruminationing and thoughtted and stuffs. But it'll be late Sat or even Sunday before I can achieve coherence. Such as I am capable of achievasating. I don't know if the game rules are giving me a mental block or what. I'm going to try to analyze it from a vanilla standpoint.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 15 Aug 2014, 21:13:34

rekard wrote:Let's start with Hellheart. His thing of "Omigosh, I don't want to vote randomly" doesn't vibe well with me. My impression was that he was excessively worried about what his vote would mean to others.

ICB gives me the jivvies a bit. He PMed me after I voted for him on day 1complaining a bit. Though the thing that was weird was that he stroke my ego succintly. That he hoped I didn't die or that my analysis would be handy later. I blushed but that early day 1vote of confidence is a bit on the peculiar side.

I do wonder. Who else could be a stinker? Omega? Clearasday?

(( There was no tally anywhere on the thread. If I cast an off-vote without explanation, that's suspicious as hell. If I unknowingly push somebody ahead and he dies as a human, then it looks like I pushed a human ahead to die. Since it took me all of 5 minutes to determine that dferrantino was being pushed forward without justification, I wanted to make something resembling an intelligent choice.

Here's what confuses me: you PM me on Day 1, you soft-push me on Day 3, and you're hard-pushing me on Day 4. I figured people would be trying to lynch/maul people that will let them become the Psychic. Other than the save-yourself vote for that PJ, you're focusing on two people to the exclusion of everyone else. Are you purposely trying not to become the Psychic? ))

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3488
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Aug 2014, 22:06:54

I'm certainly no chicken, but I do agree with the stylishly hatted fowl, and if anyone could give this spook the heebie jeebies, it'd be him.

((a vote for Iron Clad Burrito))

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6328
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby rekard » 15 Aug 2014, 22:24:57

Being the psychic is a fool's errand. It encourages lynching people with no known benefit. It only takes one vision to be a reaper to disable you being a psychic. You might be a psychic in the late game when the wolves win. Not worth the hassle. Anyone giving priority to being a psychic is selfish and will make the reapers win more likely. It is just noooooooooise. Besides that, it is a fairly normal wolf game. Aim is to get the Reapers.

I don't get your confusion. I pmed you once and voted for you once. That means I pmed you once and voted you once. Either way, you're my two more likely suspects to be a reaper. It's natural to aim at you specially since all deaths have been humans. Today is a day to get a wolf. That's why you get a vote today. As always, it can change.

Also, it's time to spark some discussion. This has been too passive,.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 15 Aug 2014, 22:56:00

(( This is your normal way of doing things and I understand this is how you like to play. However, by ignoring the specific flavor of this game your own actions run contrary to optimal village play. When you encourage other people to behave the same way, you cross the line to being pro-wolf. You're too hard to read for me to say whether you're doing this intentionally or not, but I want it to be clear going forward that is what you're doing.

sphenodont wrote:The Survivors are trying to keep on survivin' and thwart Death's plans for them. They win a team victory by being alive AND eliminating all of the Reapers OR by screwing up Death's plan by forcing him to take someone out of order once the Psychic has resolved. (Dead humans don't win.)

Based on what sphenodont has told us about vision timings, the psychic will almost certainly resolve either today or after the Day 5 maul, because as you pointed out it only takes a single wrong vision to be invalidated as the Psychic. If your best friend or lover has already died, invalidated. If one of your first 3 visions didn't come to pass, invalidated. And that's before you take reaper invalidation into account.

Admetus made this post in the sign-up thread that caught my attention:

Admetus wrote:
If only one potential Psychic remains, they will immediately resolve as the true Psychic and will be notified privately as such. Death will also be notified that the Psychic has become determined. If Death learns the identity of the Psychic (either by public reveal or private communication), he will then also get the remainder of the Psychic's predictions.

This will be the part where the reapers and Death will have a hugely difficult time. Given that the psychic must resolve sooner or later, when that happens (unless he's been very careless with his information), there will be most likely 2-3 land mines where the wrong lynch or maul will lose the game for the wolves. (Edit - It's actually possible that the seer never resolves, I suppose. But if he does, it becomes reeeeally dangerous for Death.)

As a human, if you have been invalidated as the Psychic then you should be laying down Seer cover with your actions. A human that acts the way you're doing (ie, pushing a player that you have already pushed and maul voted for as a crucial Day 4 vision lynch) has abandoned Seer cover, which means that the Reapers no longer need to worry about him as a potential Psychic.

That doesn't mean that we can't try to lynch Reapers, because it's the basic win condition and we need to delay a potential loss via parity. But if you betray to the reapers in the process that you are no longer a valid Psychic, you have made their job much easier.

The Reapers can also thin the herd somewhat by lynching potential Psychics before they resolve. My Day 1 vote got lynched. The 3 maul votes I got the following day were...well, let's just say that's quite the coincidence.

That PJ was on that Day 1 wagon, as was FurinMirado. I was hoping somebody would take the bait on the latter before I went and explained all this. ))

User avatar
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3816
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 05:14:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: An England near you!

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Clearasday » 15 Aug 2014, 23:18:29

rekard wrote:Let's start with Hellheart. His thing of "Omigosh, I don't want to vote randomly" doesn't vibe well with me. My impression was that he was excessively worried about what his vote would mean to others.

ICB gives me the jivvies a bit. He PMed me after I voted for him on day 1complaining a bit. Though the thing that was weird was that he stroke my ego succintly. That he hoped I didn't die or that my analysis would be handy later. I blushed but that early day 1vote of confidence is a bit on the peculiar side.

I do wonder. Who else could be a stinker? Omega? Clearasday?

Look at that for gratitude. You protect a guy all night and be calls you a stinker. Honestly, bad form from you there sir. The eternal question is whether you're saying it because you don't know any better or because you're a wolf. We'll see, although you should be lucky that I didnt actually have you on my list. Maybe I'll send you a PM today?
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6328
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby rekard » 16 Aug 2014, 06:43:00

Hellheart wrote:(( This is your normal way of doing things and I understand this is how you like to play. However, by ignoring the specific flavor of this game your own actions run contrary to optimal village play. When you encourage other people to behave the same way, you cross the line to being pro-wolf. You're too hard to read for me to say whether you're doing this intentionally or not, but I want it to be clear going forward that is what you're doing.

sphenodont wrote:The Survivors are trying to keep on survivin' and thwart Death's plans for them. They win a team victory by being alive AND eliminating all of the Reapers OR by screwing up Death's plan by forcing him to take someone out of order once the Psychic has resolved. (Dead humans don't win.)

Based on what sphenodont has told us about vision timings, the psychic will almost certainly resolve either today or after the Day 5 maul, because as you pointed out it only takes a single wrong vision to be invalidated as the Psychic. If your best friend or lover has already died, invalidated. If one of your first 3 visions didn't come to pass, invalidated. And that's before you take reaper invalidation into account.

Admetus made this post in the sign-up thread that caught my attention:

Admetus wrote:
If only one potential Psychic remains, they will immediately resolve as the true Psychic and will be notified privately as such. Death will also be notified that the Psychic has become determined. If Death learns the identity of the Psychic (either by public reveal or private communication), he will then also get the remainder of the Psychic's predictions.

This will be the part where the reapers and Death will have a hugely difficult time. Given that the psychic must resolve sooner or later, when that happens (unless he's been very careless with his information), there will be most likely 2-3 land mines where the wrong lynch or maul will lose the game for the wolves. (Edit - It's actually possible that the seer never resolves, I suppose. But if he does, it becomes reeeeally dangerous for Death.)

As a human, if you have been invalidated as the Psychic then you should be laying down Seer cover with your actions. A human that acts the way you're doing (ie, pushing a player that you have already pushed and maul voted for as a crucial Day 4 vision lynch) has abandoned Seer cover, which means that the Reapers no longer need to worry about him as a potential Psychic.

That doesn't mean that we can't try to lynch Reapers, because it's the basic win condition and we need to delay a potential loss via parity. But if you betray to the reapers in the process that you are no longer a valid Psychic, you have made their job much easier.

The Reapers can also thin the herd somewhat by lynching potential Psychics before they resolve. My Day 1 vote got lynched. The 3 maul votes I got the following day were...well, let's just say that's quite the coincidence.

That PJ was on that Day 1 wagon, as was FurinMirado. I was hoping somebody would take the bait on the latter before I went and explained all this. ))


So, if you don't want reapers to know about people being non psychic, why are you trying to say I want to be a non psychic? That's quite a contradiction.By your own words, wouldn't it be better to keep the reapers guessing? You started the topic. You remind me of Admetus wolf when he openly said on the board "He's likely a GA" or something like that.

This makes me believe you're making the above argument on the spot, or you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Because I never said I wasn't a psychic. I said that giving priority to being a psychic over lynching a reaper will help the wolves much more. I want efforts today to focus towards lynching a wolf.

If everyone is still going for the psychic chance, it only fractures the votes.

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 665
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Meta4 » 16 Aug 2014, 07:20:10

Let's get our Hellheart on!
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 16 Aug 2014, 07:39:13

rekard wrote:So, if you don't want reapers to know about people being non psychic, why are you trying to say I want to be a non psychic? That's quite a contradiction.By your own words, wouldn't it be better to keep the reapers guessing? You started the topic. You remind me of Admetus wolf when he openly said on the board "He's likely a GA" or something like that.

This makes me believe you're making the above argument on the spot, or you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Because I never said I wasn't a psychic.

(( What sort of weaksauce argument is this? I brought up a couple of easily-defensible points and asked you whether you cared about being a psychic. You responded with a mindset that I felt would be pro-wolf instead of pro-village if it were taken up by several humans. I said as much and explained why I feel that way. Most of what I said should have been said either way because I think this variant has thrown several players for a loop and they don't really know what they're doing.

You never straight-out said you weren't a psychic, but both your words and actions to this point have made it clear that the possibility is incredibly remote. I'm trying to discourage similar behavior from other players.

I said that giving priority to being a psychic over lynching a reaper will help the wolves much more. I want efforts today to focus towards lynching a wolf.

If everyone is still going for the psychic chance, it only fractures the votes.

Most people aren't going for the psychic chance anymore because they've already been invalidated. The only people who truly need to care about the psychic chances are the (likely very small number of) living potential psychics and whomever they choose to work with. Everyone should focus on lynching wolves, but they shouldn't abandon Seer cover in the process.

Everyone has 3 names that they've pushed up to this point. All they have to do is vote for a different name today. Then they can vote for whomever they want over the next couple of days because the next vision lynch is on Day 7.

Subject: Day 01 - The Running of The Wolves
Meta4 wrote:HELLHEEEEEEEEEART!

In other words, take a couple of minutes to think about your target. Don't be this guy.

I will be going back to RP late tonight, for those who are disappointed by all the parentheses. ))

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3488
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Aug 2014, 10:22:25

Hellheart wrote:Subject: Day 01 - The Running of The Wolves
Meta4 wrote:HELLHEEEEEEEEEART!

In other words, take a couple of minutes to think about your target. Don't be this guy.

((I realize you're just using this particular vote as an example, but it's a misleading example as you don't know who predicted who into what roles; that was day one and you very well could have been meta's prediction for that first death, so don't disparage his vote as thoughtless to validate what I'm starting to see as a flailing argument from yourself.))

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6328
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby rekard » 16 Aug 2014, 12:09:21

Hellheart wrote:
rekard wrote:So, if you don't want reapers to know about people being non psychic, why are you trying to say I want to be a non psychic? That's quite a contradiction.By your own words, wouldn't it be better to keep the reapers guessing? You started the topic. You remind me of Admetus wolf when he openly said on the board "He's likely a GA" or something like that.

This makes me believe you're making the above argument on the spot, or you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Because I never said I wasn't a psychic.

(( What sort of weaksauce argument is this? I brought up a couple of easily-defensible points and asked you whether you cared about being a psychic. You responded with a mindset that I felt would be pro-wolf instead of pro-village if it were taken up by several humans. I said as much and explained why I feel that way. Most of what I said should have been said either way because I think this variant has thrown several players for a loop and they don't really know what they're doing.

You never straight-out said you weren't a psychic, but both your words and actions to this point have made it clear that the possibility is incredibly remote. I'm trying to discourage similar behavior from other players.

I said that giving priority to being a psychic over lynching a reaper will help the wolves much more. I want efforts today to focus towards lynching a wolf.

If everyone is still going for the psychic chance, it only fractures the votes.

Most people aren't going for the psychic chance anymore because they've already been invalidated. The only people who truly need to care about the psychic chances are the (likely very small number of) living potential psychics and whomever they choose to work with. Everyone should focus on lynching wolves, but they shouldn't abandon Seer cover in the process.

Everyone has 3 names that they've pushed up to this point. All they have to do is vote for a different name today. Then they can vote for whomever they want over the next couple of days because the next vision lynch is on Day 7.

Subject: Day 01 - The Running of The Wolves
Meta4 wrote:HELLHEEEEEEEEEART!

In other words, take a couple of minutes to think about your target. Don't be this guy.

I will be going back to RP late tonight, for those who are disappointed by all the parentheses. ))


You are starting to make assumptions again about how people should behave according to you. Also, you didn't ask if I cared about being a psychic. You asked if I wanted to become a non psychic. You have to express yourself better. Nobody here can read your mind.

You want seer cover? Stop asking others about it. But hey, look at you. That's the first thing you didn't do today. Were you expecting an honest answer like :Yes I want to be a psychic!? Why would I give a direct answer to your question and give info to the wolves? Think about it and what you're actually doing.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 16 Aug 2014, 17:48:32

You are the master of the flailing argument, both figuratively and literally.

I'm not sure why. It just comes naturally.

It's from year after year of poor planning and rash decisions. 58 jobs' worth of them, really.

Hey, I was just trying to broaden my wings, spread my horizons. All of those jobs were too easy. It was so boring.

But you can clearly see that I'm not in a full nelson, half nelson, sleeper hold, camel clutch, bear hug, choke hold, armbar...

...figure four leglock, crippler crossface, headlock, abdominal stretch, octopus hold...

surfboard, Texas cloverleaf, dragon sleeper...

...rear naked c--

I thought we agreed to never speak about that again, Gus

...centerfold of Jules! You promised me one, Shawn, and you better deliver!

Someday, Gus, someday.

I don't know what all this fuss over our vote yesterday was about to begin with. We weren't going to vote without a tally, and there was no tally in the entire thread with 15 minutes left. So we made one and cast a vote, and it was a damn good vote. This chicken just wants to put on pressure because it makes him feel all high and mighty. And Gus ate his brother. And apparently his mother, his sister, and his unborn nieces for breakfast today.

What I'm talking about today is totally separate from yesterday. Today is about one man's personal vendetta against me because he's jealous of my hair. It's also about this rekard guy who constantly tries to get me killed. He's never right about me and he should probably stop pretending he knows what I'm about. I'm on like a tota--

I am NOT jealous of your hair, Shawn. I am angry because you refuse to take this Final Destination thing seriously.

He would have a valid point about the assumptions, but I mean...c'mon. It's so obvious that I'm totally right.

But nobody wants to do what you say, Shawn. You can't just tell everyone that your way is the best way.

Of course it's the best way, Gus. When have I ever steered you wrong?

It's a company car, Shawn. Anytime you were steering it you were being wrong.

But it all works out in the end. You just have to trust me. Especially with your credit card numbers.

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Subject: Day 01 - The Running of The Wolves
Meta4 wrote:HELLHEEEEEEEEEART!

In other words, take a couple of minutes to think about your target. Don't be this guy.

((I realize you're just using this particular vote as an example, but it's a misleading example as you don't know who predicted who into what roles; that was day one and you very well could have been meta's prediction for that first death, so don't disparage his vote as thoughtless to validate what I'm starting to see as a flailing argument from yourself.))

Why did you pick on Meta4, anyway?

Because his name is ironic when I use it as a metaphor for my argument.

Again, what's ironic is that you don't understand what irony OR metaphor means

It's also true. The voting today has nothing to do with days 1 or 2. This is about Day 4, where he voted for me again. A potential Seer needs to make sure that his Day 4 prediction is lynched on Day 4. If I'm his Day 4 vision and he metaphorically lynched me on Day 1...do I really have to explain all this?

No, but I need to explain to you what a metaphor means. It's already hard enough to take what you say seriously.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 16 Aug 2014, 18:10:08

((

TLDR

Rekard voted for me because I wanted a tally before I voted and there wasn't any. I see no need to defend myself beyond that simple statement. He'll change if he wants to and I don't care whether he does.

The direct psychic question to rekard was to see how he responded. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, it's time to spark some discussion. This has been too passive,.

The whole Seer Cover thing was a response to this, not an attack on rekard or a defense against rekard. I planned to talk about that anyway but it was an easy transition from rekard's response so I used it. This was a mistake in retrospect.

Ryvvn, you're thinking about it the wrong way around. Meta4's ruining his cover because I can't be his Day 4 prediction, not because I may have been his Day 1 prediction.

))

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3488
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Aug 2014, 18:14:34

Hellheart wrote:It's also true. The voting today has nothing to do with days 1 or 2. This is about Day 4, where he voted for me again. A potential Seer needs to make sure that his Day 4 prediction is lynched on Day 4. If I'm his Day 4 vision and he metaphorically lynched me on Day 1...do I really have to explain all this?

((I actually missed meta4 voting for you again today, likely because people like to quote long instead of snipping recent and relevant information, so I see your point there.))

User avatar
Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1014
Joined: 27 Jul 2013, 18:46:43
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: San Diego, CA, USA, Earth

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Augenvonsauron » 16 Aug 2014, 18:43:18

George was feeling tired. This vacation of a lifetime was starting to seem more like the last trip you'll ever take. Something that concerned her was death making the final pick on ties. Everybody likes a good multi bandwagon round up, but they will always break to deaths advantage. George was a long way from an analyst, she worked for a temp agency, but there seemed little purpose to a seer that was only getting people dying, not wolf detection. She sat down in the restaurant for a tasty short stack and bratwurst. She dropped her napkin and ended up brushing against FurinMirado's patent leather shoes. It had been a long day, she went back to enjoying her pancakes.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3488
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Aug 2014, 19:27:47

Hellheart wrote:Ryvvn, you're thinking about it the wrong way around. Meta4's ruining his cover because I can't be his Day 4 prediction, not because I may have been his Day 1 prediction.

((Wait, this doesn't hold water either, because predictions were limited in quantity per player. Just because meta is voting for you twice doesn't mean he's blowing seer cover. You could have not been his prediction for any role, and perhaps the day 1 and day 4 roles are ones he did not need make a prediction for, and so he can freely vote you as many times as he like on such days. I find it odd that you overlooked this.))

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 16 Aug 2014, 19:37:03

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Ryvvn, you're thinking about it the wrong way around. Meta4's ruining his cover because I can't be his Day 4 prediction, not because I may have been his Day 1 prediction.

((Wait, this doesn't hold water either, because predictions were limited in quantity per player. Just because meta is voting for you twice doesn't mean he's blowing seer cover. You could have not been his prediction for any role, and perhaps the day 1 and day 4 roles are ones he did not need make a prediction for, and so he can freely vote you as many times as he like on such days. I find it odd that you overlooked this.))

Bold is mine for emphasis:

sphenodont wrote:Your other picks include:
either the Day One or Day Two Lynch
the Day 4 Lynch
either the Day Four or Day Five Maul
either the Day Seven or the Day Eight Lynch

Everybody has a Day 4 prediction.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3488
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Aug 2014, 19:39:06

Hellheart wrote:Bold is mine for emphasis:

sphenodont wrote:Your other picks include:
either the Day One or Day Two Lynch
the Day 4 Lynch
either the Day Four or Day Five Maul
either the Day Seven or the Day Eight Lynch

Everybody has a Day 4 prediction.

((Yep, I missed that (which is much less odd); what would I do without you?))

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby stigmata » 16 Aug 2014, 22:44:45

Meta4 wrote:Let's get our Hellheart on!


Rekard did an alright job of justifying his vote. It wasn't hugely convincing, but he tried. The first passenger on the bandwagon, though, they're deserving of a little scrutiny. So, Meta4.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4186
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 17 Aug 2014, 07:04:19

((I'm personally in agreement with rekard that the Psychic aspect of this game is really "side fluff" - the odds of someone actually resolving as a Psychic is so infinitesimally small that I just don't see one resolving, unless sphenodont ~forces one through. With the Reapers as all unknown, almost anyone *could* still be a psychic, but once we start seeing them, I think it all falls down.))

SQUEAK. SQUEAK. SQUEAK.

FurinMirado

SQUEAK. SQUEAK!

SQUEAK.


The beating of wings and the pecking of beak upon bone is noticeably accent, as the skeletal rat looks around for his avian interpreter, to no avail.

((My worry is that if Death is an Alpha, Furin's going to have immunity, but he's been involved in that Death Tiebreaker twice now)).

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4257
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 17 Aug 2014, 07:49:25

DastardlyOldMan wrote:((My worry is that if Death is an Alpha, Furin's going to have immunity, but he's been involved in that Death Tiebreaker twice now)).


You bring up a valid point, but looking at it from a different perspective -- Death has protected Snake both times a tiebreaker has been cast now.

Snake is either death, or someone death wants around.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Okaros » 17 Aug 2014, 10:59:35

So I went back to the slopes for some fresh air. After yesterday's breakfast fiasco I wanted to try and get away from people for a while.

Unfortunately, solitude wasn't what I was going to get. Apparently that tweet had been geotagged, and a small crowed had gathered at the top of the slope to taunt me, including two brothers that seemed particularly vicious. One refused to speak and the other apparently learned English from the Wide World of Sports.

Image

"Truly a sight to behold...
a man beaten.
The once-great champ...
now a study in mawkishness.
No longer the victory-hungry stallion..."

Oh god. You tell me which is better... speaking no English at all, or speaking Howard Cosell?

I turned to Charles for help, but he was too busy with his own vices to notice what was going on.

So I did the only thing I could do and took off down the hill, with the echoing mockery of rekard following me the whole way.

I'd say this trip was a diaster, but really it was starting to remind me of my life back home...
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 17 Aug 2014, 11:12:39

Will somebody PLEASE make a correct running tally an hour or so before EOD? I may be literally calling in my vote.

I have a bug in the vote tracking macro that I don't have time to debug it. I had to manually weed out a number of false entries but I think I got them all. Note that while Day 3 was not a vision day, potential Psychics would try to save future visions. So all of this voting is going to be tainted to some degree, but there's already a lot of invalidated Seers on Day 3 that no longer cared about their remaining visions.

[+] Day 1
Aldax - 3 - AVS, DOM, Snake
Blindsniper - 3 - Hellheart, That PJ, Furin
Zark - 2 - Okaros, dferrantino
Omega - 2 - CAD, ICB
Snake - 2 - Ravebomb, Admetus
Hellheart - 1 - Meta4
ICB - 1 - rekard
Meta4 - 1 - Ryvvn
rekard - 0 - Snake


[+] Day 2
That PJ - 4 - AVS, Furin, rekard, Omega
Meta4 - 2 - Okaros, Admetus
Ravebomb - 2 - DOM, Ryvvn
rekard - 2 - That PJ, CAD
CAD - 1 - Snake, Hellheart
Snake - 1 - Zark
Hellheart - 1 - Stigmata
AVS - 1 - ICB
Stigmata - 1 - Hellheart
MEM - 1 - dferr
DOM - 0 - rekard


[+] Day 3
Snake - 3 - Okaros, Zark, Hellheart
dferrantino - 3 - DOM, Ravebomb, Furin
CAD - 2 - Snake, Aldax
Ravebomb - 2 - Meta4, ICB
AVS - 1 - Ryvvn
Hellheart - 1 - rekard
Meta4 - 1 - CAD
Ryvvn - 1 - AVS


Current tally:

Furin - 2 - AVS, DOM
Hellheart - 2 - rekard, Meta4
ICB - 1 - Ryvvn
Meta4 - 1 - Stigmata

User avatar
Snake
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 511
Joined: 22 Jun 2014, 16:21:33

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Snake » 17 Aug 2014, 12:24:04

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:((My worry is that if Death is an Alpha, Furin's going to have immunity, but he's been involved in that Death Tiebreaker twice now)).


You bring up a valid point, but looking at it from a different perspective -- Death has protected Snake both times a tiebreaker has been cast now.

Snake is either death, or someone death wants around.


#needtoexplainthatone #cantseethewoodforthetrees

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4821
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Aug 2014, 13:21:00

On one hand, I respect how long it takes to craft flavor text and to post fruit roll ups. On the other, I find it suspect when the man who tally's votes for a living posts an inaccurate one, missing the two votes directly above his post.

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Death has protected Snake both times a tiebreaker has been cast now.

Snake is either death, or someone death wants around.


Okaros wrote:I did the only thing I could do and took off down the hill, with the echoing mockery of rekard following me the whole way.


I found the latter most interesting. No one is more tenacious than Rekard if you've got something he wants ((two dollars)), but his arguments feel a bit off.

Not casting a vote just yet, but wanted to ask HH what was up with his vote count and the two missing pieces above first.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
Snake
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 511
Joined: 22 Jun 2014, 16:21:33

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Snake » 17 Aug 2014, 13:27:01

#meta4

Out with my girlies at the moment.

#lovinglife

Better explanation coming later.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4392
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby sphenodont » 17 Aug 2014, 16:09:18

GM Note: To clarify something that was asked via PM:

If a resolved Psychic is lynched/mauled, then they didn't die last, and axiomatically, they weren't really a resolved Psychic after all.

If a resolved Psychic ends up getting lynched, the win conditions would be a simple elimination/parity attempt.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 17 Aug 2014, 16:52:57

rekard

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4821
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Aug 2014, 16:55:42

hellheart for suspect vote tally & the really weird gut feeling I'm getting from his posts ((edit especially that))

Note, we live in a universe where death breaks ties, which means he can break them in his favor. This has (as ICB mentioned) occurred twice now. But voting Snake now creates a tie, which presents the same problem.

I'd rather we have a clear majority, even if it damns me tomorrow

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4257
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 17 Aug 2014, 17:24:51

7-zark-7 wrote:hellheart for suspect vote tally & the really weird gut feeling I'm getting from his posts ((edit especially that))

Note, we live in a universe where death breaks ties, which means he can break them in his favor. This has (as ICB mentioned) occurred twice now. But voting Snake now creates a tie, which presents the same problem.

I'd rather we have a clear majority, even if it damns me tomorrow

More in a bit,

7z7

Creation of a tie might help decide whether snake is being protected. Why sabotage that?

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2669
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Omega » 17 Aug 2014, 17:41:13

I think identifying the tie breaking mechanic is spot on.

Furinmirado for now, can swap at EOD if snake gets more votes.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4392
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby sphenodont » 17 Aug 2014, 17:49:36

Current Lynch Vote
Hellheart - rekard, Meta4, 7-zark-7
FurinMirado - Augenvonsauron, DastardlyOldMan, Omega
Meta4 - stigmata, Snake
rekard - Okaros, Hellheart
Iron Clad Burrito - Ryvvn
Snake - Iron Clad Burrito

Missing votes: Aldax, Clearasday, FurinMirado, Jokerfish, RaveBomb

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4821
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Aug 2014, 17:54:02

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Creation of a tie might help decide whether snake is being protected. Why sabotage that?


Choosing the lesser of two evils: Giving death himself (or herself, the afterlife is equal opportunity) the opportunity to choose who to take is a fast way to a human loss. Life is about choices, I stand behind mine, even if the skull cowboy dissents.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby RaveBomb » 17 Aug 2014, 18:09:15

Meta4
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2530
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:55:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Indianapolis, IN - Eastern Time Zone

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby FurinMirado » 17 Aug 2014, 18:12:34

Meta4

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4257
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 17 Aug 2014, 18:14:43

7-zark-7 wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Creation of a tie might help decide whether snake is being protected. Why sabotage that?


Choosing the lesser of two evils: Giving death himself (or herself, the afterlife is equal opportunity) the opportunity to choose who to take is a fast way to a human loss. Life is about choices, I stand behind mine, even if the skull cowboy dissents.

More in a bit,

7z7


So you read my theory, liked it, and then decided to make sure it couldn't be tested.

#coolstorybro

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4392
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby sphenodont » 17 Aug 2014, 18:23:21

I sent a PM to everyone who hadn't yet voted that I'd float them 15 minutes as I'd be out walking the puppy anyway, but I forgot to mention it here. So the polls are open until 9:00 tonight, so everyone gets a chance to react and make deals.

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby stigmata » 17 Aug 2014, 18:27:06

RaveBomb wrote:Meta4


FurinMirado wrote:Meta4


Oh my god, you guys.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 04 - The Wheels on the Bus Fall Off and Burn

Postby Hellheart » 17 Aug 2014, 18:58:59

sphenodont wrote:I sent a PM to everyone who hadn't yet voted that I'd float them 15 minutes as I'd be out walking the puppy anyway, but I forgot to mention it here. So the polls are open until 9:00 tonight, so everyone gets a chance to react and make deals.

I finally got back, but I'm not lynching Furin. I'd rather take the bullet myself.

GF misread the quoted rekard vote as an additional vote for rekard. Not that it matters now.


Return to “The Penultimate Destination”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest