Night 1

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 1

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Aug 2014, 19:00:33

Have at them!

Just a reminder, not all wolves are required to log a maul vote, I will simply take the last wolf's vote for the group's maul choice.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Night 1

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Aug 2014, 19:05:01

Welcome, Elvera - any friend of Ryvvn's is, well, highly suspect and most likely a wolf (case in point) :D

I'm liking this matchup, should be a good strong team.

Elvera
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Elvera » 24 Aug 2014, 19:38:00

Hello! So this is my first wolf game ever and I have no idea what I'm doing!

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Aug 2014, 20:35:47

Lie! Lie to your heart's content.

Generally speaking, at least here, we play for the victory of the team over the individual - so, while having us all alive is a good way of keeping the team going strong, sometimes we have to sacrifice someone to make the rest of us look better. While I wouldn't go out the door trying to kill your fellow wolves, if one of us gets in trouble, don't panic - the board changes direction a lot throughout the day, and the humans always, always have a very short memory. Sometimes, the best thing that can happen to a wolf is to ~almost get lynched, because then they get ignored for a few days afterward.

It's also perfectly acceptable to kill one of us in order to setup a strong end game. I wouldn't go out of your way to do so, though, especially with just the four of us.

Otherwise, have fun with it. Read the day thread and try to guess at who the wolves would be and why (pretending that you don't already know), analyse voting patterns, hypothesize, theorize, accuse or attack. As a wolf, we can engage in completely wild speculation, since we don't really care if our arguments are correct or not. And, since no one here knows your playstyle (since you don't have one yet), you don't have to worry about being inconsistent - eventually, you will want to make sure that you wolf play matches your human play (ie, that you don't have an easily recognizable tell).

There's lots of things I could tell you - don't be too emotional ("<Name> used too many emoticons, lynch him!"), don't act confused ("I have no idea what's going on" is a giant wolf-tell, sometimes), and go watch the Vizzini monologue from the Princess Bride a few times. Be ready to say that I know that you know that I know that you know that a few times, especially since you'll see some really convoluted theories out there. But really, just act . . . natural. The first couple of days are going to be quieter anyhow, since no one knows anything. We have the knowledge on our hands, so hopefully, we're in for several days of watching the tasty, tasty humans run around in circles and circular logic. We just nudge them here and there to make sure their random flailings don't land on us.

We won't want to maul people that we can get lynched, but we don't want to be too aggressive in trying to lynch them. Mauling people that vote for us or threaten us can also sometimes tip our hand - but not always (Vizzini, again).

Hmmm.... very important tip. If you open up multiple windows or tabs, MAKE sure that you have the "Night" and "Day" threads completely separated out. More than one wolf-pack has been ousted by a lone wolf muttering about how tasty that last guy was right in front of everyone (TLDR: misposts to the day thread are really, really bad).

Mechanics-wise, we're at 19 humans to 4 wolves, so we'll need to survive eight lynch votes to get to victory, while enjoying seven nocturnal meals along the way.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 25 Aug 2014, 06:27:49

Courtesy Blacklist - these are the players that were either killed off early, recently rejoined, or GM'd the last couple of games. We should ~probably keep them alive for at least two days, although that's more of a guideline than a hard & fast rule. If it points a finger at someone else or causes mass distraction, let's maul 'em.

blindsniper
necklessone (as an NPC, but meh)
ThatPJ
Admetus
sphenodont
RaveBomb
San, I think
?JokerFish? (Technically played last game, but not really)

Aldax, Stigmata, and Omega won out the last game, so we should eat two of them on principal (letting the third one get lynched because OMG they killed the other two but left you alive . . . ) Maybe one of those three to start with?

Also, I'm happy that we got to maul Okaros on Night 0 - that makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside, Ryvvn, thanks :D

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 25 Aug 2014, 10:25:31

Throw me under the bus at the first opportunity. I'm pretty sure that's a rule when I'm a Wolf.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 25 Aug 2014, 14:58:42

We're three of the five missing votes - I expect Visigoth to be hammering his out now, but we're going to end up stacked near the end if we're not careful. The good news is, we don't have a single vote on us, so it doesn't really matter where you go. Push a two up to a three, push another one up to a two, whatever - probably not good to add another singleton right now, though.

I'll go with a conditional Aldax -> Omega (Elvera, conditionals are a way to balance the fact that Night happens after Day, but in the forums, they run at the same time. If Aldax is lynched, we'll maul Omega as a ~backup; otherwise, we'll maul Aldax). If anyone has some other targets in mind, scream & shout.

Elvera
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Elvera » 25 Aug 2014, 16:20:14

My day vote is going to be for stigmata, pushing them to 2 votes. Is that an okay choice? Or were you saying one of us should vote for Aldax or Omega?

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 25 Aug 2014, 16:38:17

Nah, his post of Aldax -> Omega is for our maul votes. Each "night" we vote on who we want to maul. The -> is a conditional in case our primary choice is lynched (since technically that happens first even though each day/night cycle ends at the same time) then the name afterwards is mauled instead. You vote on stigmata is fine. For me, I tend to use random.org to pick my first couple of days' votes even though I'm sure someone will attempt to accuse me of having some nefarious reason for those votes.

I can concur with the Aldax -> Omega maul. We shall call it the Alpha/Omega decision.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 25 Aug 2014, 18:56:56

Well I almost missed the lynch altogether. Too much work and wedding planning going on still. I'm good with the current maul.

Return to “Night”