DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Night 2

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Aug 2014, 05:22:48

Sorry, Elvera - didn't realize you were completely new to wolf, and not just the forum-ing version. As you've seen, we basically lynch one person a day in the Day thread (public thread/human thread) via votes. The first few days are always a random smattering, and that's kind of the way we (wolves) like to keep it. The movement around stigmata last night will probably get him killed in a day or two as well.

The night thread here is for the wolves only, and this is where we kill off a human each night. The goal is to lynch and maul our way to parity (4 wolves: 4 humans, 3 wolves: 3 humans, etc.) The humans are trying to kill us all (we're really the victims here. . . ).

Typically, we vote on the mauls as well, but in this case, it's more of a last-vote counts thing, so unless we violently disagree on who should get mauled, that lets anyone who's online near the end of the day manipulate things in reaction to day-thread happenings.

Anyhow, today will mostly be random as well, and then you'll start seeing some theorycrafting come out as people start to give reasons for what they're doing. We're generally safe in the random times, because we're *not* random, but the humans are going to be looking for patterns of us saving one another or protecting one another, so we try to avoid those patterns. Sometimes that's spread (wolves don't want to clump together, so they must be spread out across xx targets), sometimes it's agreement (DOM and Visigoth voted on the same target xx times), sometimes it's obvious (Furin saved stigmata by voting on Aldax last night, ergo, stigmata and Furin must be wolves). The patterns change game-by-game, as the wolves and hunters adapt to one another's strategies.

Elvera
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Elvera » 26 Aug 2014, 08:11:20

Yep this is my first time playing this game EVER. I've been reading past games to get an idea of how it all plays out. So far, I'm just confused. There's a lot of logic and theories but then someone throws in some random vote too which throws certain people's theories out the window.

I guess I don't need to tell my fellow wolves my day votes every day but I feel like I should just to get opinions and see if I'm on the right track. Today I'm going to vote for clears day only because he's not on the blacklist and he only had 1 vote against him yesterday.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Aug 2014, 09:03:43

No problem - just remember, you can also ask for help in the public thread. As far as they know, you're not getting guidance from us here.

Day votes for us aren't too worrisome - we don't want to act too coordinated, so don't feel like you need to wait on one of us to approve or anything. We won't always agree among ourselves, and it's insane what people will accuse you of. Just remember not to get too defensive if someone does start to accuse you. Sometimes the best defense is just to "meh" the accuser.

The problem with the logic and theories is that the wolves know the theories too, so all the logic and theorizing has to change over time. 90% of the time, the theories melt down or get completely forgotten the next day. Humans tend to have a very short memory. We'll most likely be sitting back and watching them accuse each other, but I'll start throwing out some more analysis on Day 3 or 4, consistent with what I would do as a human. I might bias that analysis toward non-wolves, of course.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Aug 2014, 11:51:56

So, if I filter the current players by both us and the leave-alive-for-two-days guideline:

7Z7
CAD
dferr
Hellheart
Meta4
MEM
Rictus
rekard
Snake
stigmata

stigmata and 7Z7 are both taking some heat right now, so I think we leave them alone.
I really can't maul dferr too early, or it'll point squarely at me (unless you guys want to set that up as a ploy, but too early).
Rictus also didn't play last game.
Which leaves a bunch of vocal players.

Snake? CAD? I really have no preference right now. I like leaving rekard and HH alive, because they'll draw lots of attention to themselves for us, and toss out wild speculation in droves.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Visigoth » 26 Aug 2014, 14:27:36

Yeah, was thinking about the dferr/DOM thing today but it is likely a little early for that.

Maybe necklessone? Perhaps Admetus? Not so sure myself. Will check back in a bit after some food.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Aug 2014, 15:47:54

I was thinking of leaving them alive for another day, at least - they were early deaths last game. Tomorrow, I'd say let's open it up.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Aug 2014, 15:49:11

Wow - bunch of singletons, and then 7z7 throws a third vote on dfer? He's *trying* to draw attention.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Aug 2014, 16:05:32

Let's go Snake -> CAD for now, unless anyone objects strongly.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Aug 2014, 16:32:22

I'm considering trying a ploy I thought up a while back but never had a chance to try:

I am the most obvious Wolf ever. I will vote to save my team members, loudly argue that they're human, etc. But first I pick 3 humans at random to be my "team mates". If I get lynched as a Wolf the Humans may spend days going after other Humans. Hilarity ensues.

Add: I'm thinking stigmata, sphenodont and Admetus would make good "team mates"

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 26 Aug 2014, 16:39:59

FurinMirado wrote:I'm considering trying a ploy I thought up a while back but never had a chance to try:

I am the most obvious Wolf ever. I will vote to save my team members, loudly argue that they're human, etc. But first I pick 3 humans at random to be my "team mates". If I get lynched as a Wolf the Humans may spend days going after other Humans. Hilarity ensues.
That's both awesome and something else. Evil maybe?

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Let's go Snake -> CAD for now, unless anyone objects strongly.
I object (You would! Overactor! Jezebeeeel), but not strongly so it's totally fine. Snake -> Clearasday. Also I object to you using a soothing blue color for your mauls when it obviously requires something in the red family.

Return to “Night”