Day 7: The Boathouse

It's totally sweet that this cabin sleeps 20+ and has a kegarator.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 7: The Boathouse

Postby necklessone » 21 Sep 2014, 18:21:29

The mad dash to leave the cabin is not quite done with victims yet. That PJ, poor That PJ. He barrels through the barred back door, only to hit his head on a low hanging limb. He never has time to recover from the daze.

That PJ - Human, Stoved

In the darkness outside the cabin, all the voices sound the same. "Where's Snake?" someone calls. "He said something about going back for one last look," says another, winded voice.

Ahooooo! Ahooooo! Ahooooo!

Three howls, each form a different direction. You slip and stumple on a batch of mud as you look around terror. As you stand, you realize it was blood instead. Snake's eyeless body has been hung from the tree in front of you.

Snake - Human Voyeur, Mauled

"The boathouse," calls out one of the people in the dark ahead of you. "Make for the boathouse, I think it'll be safe." You all spring and the pack slowly drifts apart as people have to stop to catch a breath, get caught on a tree, or are just slower than others. A vanguard consisting of Aldax, Blindsniper, Ravebomb, and Ionitor are the first to make it to what was once the home of a leaky canoe.

"It doesn't seem that secure," Ionitor says as he looking around for something to secure the door with. "I think I could kick this place do-"

KACHUNK!

Steel shutters drop down over the door and windows to the boathouse, rendering it impenetrable for now. The first four are caught inside while everyone else bangs helplessly on the door.

---

Aldax, Blindsniper, RaveBomb, and Ionitor may not receive lynch votes or be mauled tonight. This is a player activated power, but that does not mean any of these four were necessarily the ones to activate it.

Which unlucky person is going to try and dig their way into the boathouse? (This is a lynch vote, 24 hours to EoD).

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 7: The Boathouse

Postby necklessone » 21 Sep 2014, 18:21:53

That PJ : 12 : Admetus, Iron Clad Burrito, Rictus, Snake, dferrantino, Visigoth, BlindSniper83, Omega, RaveBomb, Ionitor, Aldax, jokerfish
Rictus : 3 : Ryvvn, meta4, That PJ
BlindSniper83 : 1 : Simple_Simon
jokerfish : 1 : San

[+] Vote History
Ryvvn voted for Rictus
Admetus voted for That PJ
Ionitor voted for RaveBomb (Retracted)
meta4 voted for Rictus
That PJ voted for Rictus
San voted for jokerfish
Iron Clad Burrito voted for That PJ
Rictus voted for That PJ
Snake voted for That PJ
dferrantino voted for That PJ
Visigoth voted for That PJ
BlindSniper83 voted for That PJ
Omega voted for That PJ
Simple_Simon voted for BlindSniper83
RaveBomb voted for That PJ
Ionitor voted for That PJ
Aldax voted for That PJ
jokerfish voted for That PJ

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 21 Sep 2014, 18:27:45

Well with necklessone's firmer statement (in the official rules thread no less) on the specific win conditions, I'll give chasing spheno's claim a rest (for now).

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 21 Sep 2014, 20:19:05

((Tomorrow promises to be an interesting day. Washer/Dryer crapped out on us today, so we're going to get another tomorrow. Except I've got to work, and I'm actually not even in the office tomorrow, so my vote will probably come from the phone, from the parking lot of the place where I AM working, and there may be little behind the vote. Just be forewarned.))

GA -- just as a reminder, there are 2 other targets who are now completely confirmed humans. Choose wisely, which is to say, choose from between the two. You've got a 50/50 of getting it right, and therefore buying us another day.

We have 3 wolves, it looks like. And Necklessone has finally set us ALL straight on win conditions. THIS IS VANILLA if you're on my team -- let's act like it's vanilla and lynch some damned wolves.

Admetus -- if you die first, I promise that I'll comfort your mom when it's all over. :D If I die, please feel free to do the same.

I can't fuck with the colored charts on this day, so if someone else wishes to provide, please do.

San
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby San » 22 Sep 2014, 05:44:23

OoOoOoo numbers...

jokerfish

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 22 Sep 2014, 05:55:40

Take that, bitches!!!!
(Note: I had nothing to do with the power use, and I have no explanation for the group chosen.)

Let's see if I can avoid breaking this...

[+] Day 1
Mister E. Meat : 5 : RaveBomb, San, Rictus, DastardlyOldMan, Visigoth
Admetus : 4 : jokerfish, That PJ, 7-Zark-7, Ionitor
Visigoth : 4 : Admetus, Okaros, Aldax, Sphenodont
BlindSniper83 : 2 : Hellheart, Simple_Simon
DastardlyOldMan : 2 : Mister E. Meat, Anzig
Okaros : 2 : Snake, Omega
Omega : 2 : rekard, dferrantino
RaveBomb : 2 : meta4, Iron Clad Burrito
meta4 : 1 : Ryvvn
Simple_Simon : 1 : BlindSniper83
No vote recorded (1) : Clearasday

[+] Day 2
Anzig : 7 : Ryvvn, Ionitor, DastardlyOldMan, Aldax, Admetus, Omega, Rictus
Ionitor : 7 : San, That PJ, Okaros, Visigoth, Simple_Simon, RaveBomb, Anzig
Rictus : 4 : Iron Clad Burrito, 7-Zark-7, BlindSniper83, Sphenodont
Sphenodont : 2 : dferrantino, Hellheart
Visigoth : 2 : Snake, meta4
DastardlyOldMan : 1 : jokerfish
Okaros : 1 : rekard

[+] Day 3
Hellheart : 6 : Ryvvn, meta4, Visigoth, Simple_Simon, Omega, Okaros
Okaros : 6 : Admetus, Ionitor, rekard, 7-Zark-7, Aldax, Hellheart
Rictus : 3 : Iron Clad Burrito, Snake, Sphenodont
Sphenodont : 2 : That PJ, dferrantino
Admetus : 1 : Rictus
Ionitor : 1 : RaveBomb
Iron Clad Burrito : 1 : San
rekard : 1 : DastardlyOldMan
San : 1 : BlindSniper83
No vote recorded (1) : jokerfish

[+] Day 4
Okaros : 7 : dferrantino, Sphenodont, Admetus, Omega, 7-Zark-7, Ionitor
Ionitor : 6 : That PJ, Iron Clad Burrito, Visigoth, BlindSniper83, RaveBomb, Okaros
Rictus : 3 : meta4, Snake, Ryvvn
7-Zark-7 : 2 : DastardlyOldMan, Aldax
Admetus : 1 : San
Ryvvn : 1 : Rictus
Sphenodont : 1 : jokerfish

Yes, the vote totals are correct.

No vote recorded (1) : Simple_Simon

[+] Day 5
sphenodont : 10 : Snake, That PJ, 7-Zark-7, Iron Clad Burrito, dferrantino, Omega, Aldax, jokerfish, BlindSniper83, Simple_Simon
Omega : 3 : Ryvvn, Ionitor, Admetus
Rictus : 3 : sphenodont, meta4, RaveBomb
Aldax : 1 : Rictus
BlindSniper83 : 1 : Visigoth
Iron Clad Burrito : 1 : No one
No vote: San

[+] Day 6
That PJ : 12 : Admetus, Iron Clad Burrito, Rictus, Snake, dferrantino, Visigoth, BlindSniper83, Omega, RaveBomb, Ionitor, Aldax, jokerfish
Rictus : 3 : Ryvvn, meta4, That PJ
BlindSniper83 : 1 : Simple_Simon

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 22 Sep 2014, 06:31:12

I'm starting to go all Vizzini on the "attempt" to redirect the lynch onto Rictus. I don't think it's time to go down that hole, though.

meta4 has been slipping under the radar. He seems like he would have been a convenient target for the wolves to vote for, but he's got nothing. Sticking with Rictus for 3 days is a little odd, as well.
Last edited by Ionitor on 22 Sep 2014, 17:58:14, edited 1 time in total.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 22 Sep 2014, 08:04:58

Well I have to get a vote in, I won't be back until 9:30 - 10:00pm eastern, and I don't have much time to crawl through previous threads looking for this or that at the moment.

I will say that I disagree with the above vote. Just because someone is under the radar doesn't make them a valid target, imo.

Ionitor however has been on the radar just about everyday since day 1. For me that hasn't changed. For obvious reasons I won't be able to move my vote, or reconsider before the EOD.

YAY! Off to work ((OOC: Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on my new gig <3))

Edit: retracted vote because I'm dumb. :facepalm:
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 22 Sep 2014, 08:29:05, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 22 Sep 2014, 08:12:54

If you aren't gone yet, I'm not a valid vote for today -- see the top post.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 22 Sep 2014, 08:15:28

If he doesn't get a chance to change it, I'll just nullify it with no penalty.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 22 Sep 2014, 08:28:31

Ionitor wrote:If you aren't gone yet, I'm not a valid vote for today -- see the top post.

Oh bugger, you're right (good thing I checked on my way out the door) .... uh

Visigoth then ... for the wolf hunt.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 22 Sep 2014, 09:23:03

That's an awesome power, not sure I've ever seen four people protected at once. The real question, though, is this: does the protector know something about these four that we don't? Is the protector confident these guys are all human?

Admittedly, I still have little to go on, just not getting any good vibes so far. As such, I'll throw in a meaningless vote for Iron Clad Burrito, subject to change as I mull this one over a bit.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Sep 2014, 09:58:48

The four people protected were the four that last voted for poor PJ. I doubt that there is anything extra special about them.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 22 Sep 2014, 10:03:33

Meta4.

ICB has been declared human by seer. So I will put my own "meaningless vote" on you as I mull things over.
Charming, to the last.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Sep 2014, 10:04:30

Gotta get this down before things get busy around here. Ryvvn
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 22 Sep 2014, 10:28:55

RaveBomb wrote:The four people protected were the four that last voted for poor PJ. I doubt that there is anything extra special about them.

Well, four out of the last six.

I'm not sure what motivated that runaway train. Was he really so suspicious that nobody felt like voting for anyone else? If I'd been around yesterday I would have moved out of principle.

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 22 Sep 2014, 11:01:03

I gave a shot at someone else and got nothing. I felt like That PJ was a better choice than Rictus, so I went for it. Like I said at the time, weekends are tough and end up with minimal information fairly often. Though the fact that we've now effectively lost 2 days of voting history is disappointing.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 22 Sep 2014, 11:45:23

meta4 : 2 : Ionitor, Rictus
Iron Clad Burrito : 1 : meta4
Ryvvn : 1 : RaveBomb
Visigoth : 1 : Simple_Simon

No vote recorded (9) : Admetus, Aldax, BlindSniper83, dferrantino, Iron Clad Burrito, jokerfish, Omega, Ryvvn, Visigoth

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 22 Sep 2014, 12:01:25

Ionitor wrote:I gave a shot at someone else and got nothing. I felt like That PJ was a better choice than Rictus, so I went for it. Like I said at the time, weekends are tough and end up with minimal information fairly often. Though the fact that we've now effectively lost 2 days of voting history is disappointing.

Less "the weekend" and more "the seer voted for him," I'd imagine. That was my reason, at least. Though, I guess the first half of my reason was "it's the weekend, I haven't caught up, and..." so maybe we're both right?

I still haven't had time to catch up, but a quick look at the vote lists leads me to Visigoth (reasoning back on D3 was that Okaros was protecting him and I turned out to be right about Okaros. That said, it's not really like wolf-Visigoth to be on the wrong side of the bandwagon ever, especially not twice in a row. Though maybe he's changing it up after winning it last game? Or maybe I've gone too deep down the rabbit hole) and anyone who pushed for Rictus in the last 2 days, so Meta4 (x2) and Ryvvn (x1) since we can't vote for RaveBomb. I have to go through yesterday's posts though to get an idea of who was more vocal about it.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 22 Sep 2014, 12:23:57

On the topic of public advice to the GA -- because of yesterday's conversation, the wolves know that ICB and I aren't the GA. They may continue to hunt you as well, which I think was what that Zark maul was about.

Either that or it was a convincing fake-out by Snake that I am helping to perpetuate.

Also on the topic of Vezzini's mind games, it is possible that Rictus is actually a wolf, and protecting him by damning him was sphenodont's last service to the wolves. I still don't think he's a good candidate right now for the lynch, but I might reconsider that if he's in the final five.

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 22 Sep 2014, 12:34:11

Admetus wrote:Also on the topic of Vezzini's mind games, it is possible that Rictus is actually a wolf, and protecting him by damning him was sphenodont's last service to the wolves. I still don't think he's a good candidate right now for the lynch, but I might reconsider that if he's in the final five.

That's what I was alluding to earlier. It seems a bit too elaborate of a setup, though, which I why I agree that it's too soon to be chasing that tail.

As for Visigoth, we know that two of the four voters for Visi on day one were wolves. While not impossible, I still think that day 1 was a little early for that kind of plan, given that the seer was completely unknown at that point.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 22 Sep 2014, 12:45:40

(pre-post-edit: I didn't actually make this post in response to Ionitor's, but it does kind of address it.)

I'm split between Visigoth and jokerfish for the vote today. Not sure we get any information out of a jokerfish lynch, and Visigoth could still be a human.

But it's just such a believable narrative: Visigoth draws wolf again after saying he fully expects to be a Day 1 lynch. He tells the wolves to take advantage of it - pile on and bury me for human cred! Okaros agrees, he moves his early vote, something that will later draw attention. Wolf-MEM is also gathering votes, probably not something the wolves expected. Sphenodont jumps on Visigoth when there's a tie at 3. This would gather a huge amount of attention in the long run normally, but not if Visigoth dies as planned. Then at some point someone says "Hey Visigoth, you know what could totally carry you to a second sleeper wolf win in a row? If you land the killing swap on MEM and have a couple wolves on your train."

It's either that conspiracy theory, or Okaros and sphenodont both made really suspicious moves that would get them caught. Almost rookie mistakes, even.

I guess I'm talking myself into a Visigoth vote. I'll probably feel worse about it than normal if he's a human, though.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 22 Sep 2014, 13:46:27

Here's a couple things:

1) This would be an excellent time to look at the quiet players. As near as I can tell, these players haven't even gotten a SINGLE VOTE.

dferrantino

And these have only had a singleton:

Aldax
Iron Clad Burrito (human)
jokerfish
meta4
Ryvvn
San
Simple_Simon

We can't let them fly under the radar forever.

2) I'm pretty convinced that Ionitor and Visigoth are human. Probably 75%.

3) I'm looking at the bandwagon votes when Okaros was in trouble on days 3 and 4.

Assume: With a wolf up for lynch, we're going to see at least one wolf defend him on Day 3 by voting for Hellheart.
Assume: When Okaros comes up for the Day 4 lynch, the day 3 defending wolf will NOT want to be seen on him a second time. So new wolf comes in to vote for Ionitor.

Ryvvn, Meta4, Simple_Simon all voted for Hellheart (against wolf-Okaros) day 3. ALL of them threw away votes on Day 4 and stayed out of the two bandwagons.
Blindsniper, Ravebomb threw away votes on Day 3, but voted for Ionitor (against wolf-Okaros) day 4.

Cross reference those names with Day 2, where Anzig and Ionitor were up for lynch. 14 votes between the two bandwagons, but only 1 wolf identified so far. Ryvvn, Simple_Simon, and Ravebomb all turn up.

4) Ryvvn, unless Meta4 is a wolf, you've NEVER voted for a wolf. You've always been on a human. That terrible vote record almost makes you look human. :lol:
Charming, to the last.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 22 Sep 2014, 14:17:02

So people are honestly entertaining that as a wolf I intentionally killed Mister E. Meat as wolf when I could have easily stayed on Admetus and taken him down instead? Plus leaving Ionitor hanging out there with the human killing vote move at EOD? Really really? I guess it would be a fiendish plan to try and build human cred after winning the last one as a wolf and I don't deny that I will vote on a wolf or even work to get one lynched if that's what I believe human Visigoth would do, but intentionally losing a wolf on Day 1 has no upside if I'm a wolf. Maybe a teeny bit of cred by making the vote switch but it was purely defensive and would never claim anything otherwise with it.

Pretty much said why I voted on That PJ in my voting post. I would have been interested in looking elsewhere but the rout was on and honestly didn't want to give any chance for them to lynch Rictus. Not to say that I consider Rictus to be 100% human, but also not that interested in following the advice of a wolf. Yes, there's the whole he did it to make Rictus look totally human since why would an exposed wolf make such a display against another wolf and sure it's possible. It's no different than when an Alpha is exposed and they use that to try and sow confusion by accusing any and everyone and probably voting on human and wolf alike. You just have to ignore it. The only reason why I'm not totally ignoring it is that sphenodont had been on Rictus days before being outed as a wolf so feels less like trying to humanize a wolf and more trying to lynch some opposed secret role. Of course I could be wrong and it was all a long con.

For the group lock-up it almost feels like a wolf power. Well, at least it looks that way since not one of the confirmed humans were safely locked up for the day and night. Guess it could be something random with those voting on That PJ, but if it was the last X voting on him why'd it skip Omega and jokerfish. Shame since I was thinking about revisiting Blindsniper83 again.

Instead I'm going with my second choice of Meta4. First he was another follower of the lynch Rictus group and one of the few to repeatedly vote on him along with sphenodont. Second today's vote on a confirmed human, even if just a "placeholder", is just silly. Granted you can be pretty darn sure Iron Clad Burrito won't be picking up any additional votes so safe from accidentally lynching a confirmed human so I can kinda see the logic in it. Guess I'm more neutral on the voting on a confirmed human as a placeholder as a sign, but still I'd rather someone take a missed vote instead some madness taking hold and a confirmed human somehow getting lynched. Sure it's a long shot, but I never though an outed Seer could be lynched either... The third reason is defensive seeing as I'm picking up votes again so voting on him gets me into a tie.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Sep 2014, 14:22:06

Rictus, there's also you and Omega that are unknown. In reality I've only been on two known human kills out of 6 lynches, so the question is why are you straining to force attention my way? I'm gonna guess you're not a wolf, because you'd know I'm human, so I do think you are whatever other faction that spheno wanted to die; but since we verifiably no longer need to worry about anything other than wolves, I'm going to ignore your fruitless poking at me.

I'm going back to Omega (RETRACTED) for now for avoiding my question the other day.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 22 Sep 2014, 14:28:28

Ryvvn wrote:I'm going back to Omega for now for avoiding my question the other day.

What question?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Sep 2014, 14:41:32

Omega wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:I'm going back to Omega for now for avoiding my question the other day.

What question?

Sorry at work, I can pull the quote later or it's just somewhere in day 5.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 22 Sep 2014, 14:58:37

I assume you mean your post here, if that's not the one, please let me know.

Ryvvn wrote:Omega, I'm curious about your votes:
  • Theoretically random vote on Okaros D1
  • Late jumps on human kill wagons D2 & D3
  • D3 allowed your random D1, Okaros, who was in D3 lynch trouble at the time, to subsequently follow you and bring the human wagon into a tie
  • Return to Okaros on D4
  • You, Ionitor, and Okaros have interesting placements in relation to each other which keeps drawing my eye

Day 1 - Okaros was a random vote, it was Day 1.
Day 2 - Anzig or Ionitor were the only two meaningful votes. Work was hell last week, so in hindsight I should have gone with Ionitor as the wolves wouldn't put two wolves on the same vote day 1, and Anzig voted with MEM. That was a screw up on my part.
Day 3 - Hellheart to maintain the tie, as noted, should have gone Okaros, which Hellheart's humanity affirmed for me, leading to...
Day 4 - Okaros.
Day 5 - sphenodont.
Day 6 - That PJ, was a mistake. But, his death did help fill in some blanks on the early days.

Honestly, Ryvvn, you ask me who I think is a wolf? I would say YOU.

Are we really to believe there wasn't a single wolf on Anzig? You could fit that fury bill nicely. I firmly believe there is another wolf on Hellheart on Day 3. Between you and dferrantino, I think there's some fur. dferrantino has at least voted for a wolf, so there's that.

I'm not certain enough, yet, to throw my vote at you, but something is certainly amiss.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 22 Sep 2014, 15:09:34

Ryvvn wrote:Rictus, there's also you and Omega that are unknown. In reality I've only been on two known human kills out of 6 lynches, so the question is why are you straining to force attention my way? I'm gonna guess you're not a wolf, because you'd know I'm human, so I do think you are whatever other faction that spheno wanted to die; but since we verifiably no longer need to worry about anything other than wolves, I'm going to ignore your fruitless poking at me.

I'm going back to Omega for now for avoiding my question the other day.

Weak.

I didn't start with a name in mind and work backwards from there. I started with a couple of assumptions and YOUR name showed up at the bottom of my logic puzzle.

Omega voted for Hellheart on Day 3, but then voted to lynch Okaros on Day 4. So he was ruled out. Not saying he's human, but he wasn't who I was looking for. I wanted to find a wolf who defended Okaros and then laid low. Ryvvn, Meta4, and Simple_Simon fit the bill.
Charming, to the last.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 22 Sep 2014, 15:12:49

meta4 : 3 : Ionitor, Rictus, Visigoth
Visigoth : 3 : Simple_Simon, dferrantino, Admetus
Omega: 1 : Ryvvn

No vote recorded (5) : Aldax, BlindSniper83, Iron Clad Burrito, jokerfish, Omega
Charming, to the last.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 22 Sep 2014, 15:38:05

let's see if meta4 fits that bill, Rictus
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Sep 2014, 15:38:56

I'm looking over and over ICB's previous vote tallies above, and this is hard without being home and having my own stuff to look at, but I'm actually seeing dferr as more suspicious than Omega now (though certainly not discounting him yet, despite his response above); gonna go back to look over dferr's (likely brief) posts for the previous days....

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Sep 2014, 15:55:42

JFC! dferrantino

I'm at work, on my phone, and won't be home until after EoD, so this'll be hard to do, but I'll try to gather his posts and my assessment of them to show why I'm switching my vote. If you want to view them yourself, he's had all of 7 game posts over the past 6 days (with an 8th post today).

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 22 Sep 2014, 16:19:10

I like dferrantino or meta4 today.

meta4 for now, happy to swap to dferr.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 22 Sep 2014, 16:34:54

Admetus wrote:(pre-post-edit: I didn't actually make this post in response to Ionitor's, but it does kind of address it.)

I'm split between Visigoth and jokerfish for the vote today. Not sure we get any information out of a jokerfish lynch, and Visigoth could still be a human.

But it's just such a believable narrative: Visigoth draws wolf again after saying he fully expects to be a Day 1 lynch. He tells the wolves to take advantage of it - pile on and bury me for human cred! Okaros agrees, he moves his early vote, something that will later draw attention. Wolf-MEM is also gathering votes, probably not something the wolves expected. Sphenodont jumps on Visigoth when there's a tie at 3. This would gather a huge amount of attention in the long run normally, but not if Visigoth dies as planned. Then at some point someone says "Hey Visigoth, you know what could totally carry you to a second sleeper wolf win in a row? If you land the killing swap on MEM and have a couple wolves on your train."

It's either that conspiracy theory, or Okaros and sphenodont both made really suspicious moves that would get them caught. Almost rookie mistakes, even.

I guess I'm talking myself into a Visigoth vote. I'll probably feel worse about it than normal if he's a human, though.

So it's plausible that 2/4 votes on a wolfy Visigoth were wolves, but unlikely at all that 1/5 of MEM's votes would be wolven, as I was thinking this time last week. Ho-kay then. Y'all silly. :p

I'm reading again. Back in a bit.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 22 Sep 2014, 16:39:04

Quick phone response to Visigoth. I'm voting for you because Okaros and sphenodont look so poorly hidden. And given your expectation of an early lynch, Day 1 wouldn't be too early.

(Ppe for ICB: it's mainly because it's Visigoth. But if he flips wolf I'd be willing to consider a wolf on MEM, though that's still unnecessary.)

Without knowing spheno and Okaros, a day 1 sacrifice looks less likely.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 22 Sep 2014, 16:43:19

meta4 : 5 : Ionitor, Rictus, Visigoth, Aldax, Omega
Visigoth : 3 : Simple_Simon, dferrantino, Admetus
dferrantino : 1 : Ryvvn

No vote recorded (3) : BlindSniper83, Iron Clad Burrito, jokerfish

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 22 Sep 2014, 16:57:55

I am 50/50 on Visigoth.

I still don't like the looks of Ionitor, at all.

It may be that I know what they're both capable of, and my respect for their level of play just prevents me from trusting them.

But I can't vote for Ionitor. I can't vote for Ravebomb (which might tell me something about Ionitor, and then again it might not).

Looking at Day 1, and trying to envision a wolf spread. Two of the three dead piled up on Visigoth. The other had an early vote on DOM. Aldax is looking pretty human, though very much a follower over the last few days.

If I had to place 3 wolves, I think I'd go:
[Jokerfish or Ionitor]
As the people who silently vote random, [San OR Blindsniper]
Assuming Visigoth is human, [Ravebomb OR Rictus]

Another possibility: Dferrantino has had a perfect record Days 2-5. We might test his luck on Omega (day 1), and then either marvel at how awesome he is, or lynch him for having perfect knowledge. :)

But supplies are limited today, so jokerfish, because I can't test out Ionitor.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Sep 2014, 17:09:27

fuck, one accidental swipe and I lost all I typed

Quick version:

Subject: Day 1: Our Rides!

dferrantino wrote:Omega.

Makes me less suspicious of Omega.

Subject: Day 2: Watch the Eyebrows!

dferrantino wrote:So, options are Ionitor, sphenodont, and anyone not voting on either one of them right now. My gut says sphenodont.

The "only" options are this wolf and this unknown and he happens to guess right on the wolf.

Subject: Day 3: Sink or Swim

dferrantino wrote:Still sphenodont for now for the Day 1 shenanigans. Is it weird that I feel yesterday makes Ionitor look even more human?

Stealing Hellheart's breakdown since it's exactly what I've been trying to put together for ages. These two blocks of votes look funky:

[12:56] dferrantino for sphenodont ( 1 )
[13:17] Ravebomb for Visigoth ( 2 )
[13:20] Meta4 for Visigoth ( 3 )
[13:47] Okaros for Ionitor ( 3 )
[17:21] DOM for Anzig ( 3 )
[17:35] Hellheart for Anzig ( 4 )

I'm including my and Rave's votes for completion's sake due to the timeframe, but analytically, Okaros' vote looks like an attempt to protect Visigoth, and Hellheart's looks like a vote of opportunity. Depends on a bunch of outside factors (namely the status of Visi and Ionitor) but I'm certain at least one of those last 4 is a wolf, and leaning heavily on either Okaros or Hellheart.

No, not weird for you to provide cred cover either way since I bet Ionitor will turn up human now. Including self in vote chart sample to subtly remind he voted for spheno day before for when spheno does turn up wolf. Ends by submitting another wolf/human pair, setting up for....

Subject: Day 4: I guess he didn't really need the eye

dferrantino wrote:Okaros, then. For the reasoning I outlined yesterday. Given what happened yesterday his result should give us plenty of information, regardless of what he turns out to be.

Side note, and I really should have thought of this before I signed up for this game: I'm leaving for my annual cabin-in-the-woods trip in a half hour. Funny that it's happening at the same time as a cabin-in-the-woods game but it still means I'll be mostly MIA for the next 4 days. Should pop out of my drunken haze long enough to make a vote, but I can't guarantee the vote will be useful.

Time to claim some cred on today's easy to snowball wolf. And while cabin trip is true, also provides a convenient excuse for an actual non-wolf kill soon.

Subject: Day 5: Maybe more nails next time and less duct tape?

dferrantino wrote:
sphenodont wrote: Sexy witches, I hope?

Best witches.

*brought to you by drunkasfuck dferr

Only non-vote post all game, and not-so-subtle reminder he's drunk, so please excuse any upcoming poor choices/actions.

Subject: Day 5: Maybe more nails next time and less duct tape?

dferrantino wrote:Sphenodont, then. It's nice having my initial suspicion validated.

Not too drunk for a slightly arrogant, "I told ya so."

Subject: Day 6: Coming Soon

dferrantino wrote:Still need to catch up on exactly what's been going on, but why would anyone follow sphenodont? We've seen nothing so far that indicates that the game isn't actually vanilla aside from necklessone being necklessone.

That PJ

Now, buried under layers of cred and a clearly established drunk excuse, it's time to finally get in on a human kill.

I had much better formatting and a bit more detailed post examinations before I lost the post (shoulda been using save draft function), but this was the general gist: seemingly exceptional wolf hunting for such lack of involvement.

Edit: accidentally quoted day 7 where 6 should be, he voted PJ day 6, will try to correct if I have time before EoD.
Fixed.

jokerfish
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby jokerfish » 22 Sep 2014, 17:32:28

Sorry, but I have to run. No real time for analysis. For those of you playing at home: JokerFish = vanilla human

Total shot in the dark at Rictus.
http://flic.kr/mylesmartinez/

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 22 Sep 2014, 17:36:07

Simple Simon, while i try to read these off my Phone screen

(OOC: with how much the pregnant wife has wanting to be up with her grandfather, most posts will likely be from phone from now on, will make an f5 thread post incoming explaining why{Simple Simon knows already, RL phone call explaining to him, needed a friends ear to talk with})

edit : viewtopic.php?p=33909#p33909 link to f5 thread, page 19 if it doesnt go to last post
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 22 Sep 2014, 17:57:46

Don't like the voting trends, so I think Jokerfish is a better choice. I'm ready to switch back to save Visi, though.

Edit: And I'm quite aware that I'm still "responsible" for meta4's lynch if it happens, not trying to disclaim that.

Return to “Fred's Dad's Dentist's Cabin”