Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 08 Feb 2015, 18:21:00

As the time for delivering the votes drew close, meta4 and Admetus eyed each other carefully. Admetus pulled the cape back of his "Vampire Skroob" outfit and menacingly patted the blaster pistol that was revealed there, but everyone yawned. Prop blasters were a dime a dozen at this party, it wasn't something they hadn't seen before.

But while meta4 was busy rolling his eyes, Admetus grabbed his shoulders and shoved him into the waiting arms of the guards. Too surprised to react to the turn of events, meta4 resigned himself to his fate and went without complaint. The guards seemed almost happy to haul him away, glad to finally have someone going quietly to their fate for a change.


Ryvvn was quietly contemplating his navel and awaiting the lights-out call for the night when three of the other party-goers approached him.

"Hey man, we've been bored silly all evening. Want to play a party game?", the one wearing the Spaceball officer uniform made out of duct tape asked.

"Sure! I've been bored to tears myself. What did you have in mind?" said Ryvvn, curious though somewhat wary.

"Well, if you've ever heard of the game 'Mafia' it's a lot like that. Our version of it is called 'Kill the Ryvvn'. "

"That's an odd name for the game, but I love 'Mafia'! How do you play?"

"Well, here's how it works..."

Several hours and several rounds of the game later, they all finally went their separate ways and headed to bed. As Ryvvn shut his eyes and drifted off to sleep, he reflected on how that really was a terrible name for the game. No Ryvvns died at all in the game!

That was the last thought on his mind as he drifted off to sleep. When a completely different person snuck up on him and smothered him with a pillow in the middle of the night nobody was awake (or alive) to appreciate the irony.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 08 Feb 2015, 18:24:18

meta4 - A regular guest (Human) - lynched
Ryvvn - A regular guest (Human) - mauled

meta4 : 4 : Smirker, Rictus, 7-zark-7, Admetus
Admetus : 3.5 : Ryvvn, Cam_Chase, King Roland, Clearasday
Cam_Chase : 2 : San, Visigoth
Smirker : 1 : meta4

No vote recorded (2) : BlindSniper83, sphenodont

[+] Vote History
meta4 voted for Smirker
Ryvvn voted for Admetus
San voted for Cam_Chase
Smirker voted for meta4
Admetus voted for Rictus (Retracted)
Visigoth voted for Cam_Chase
Cam_Chase voted for Admetus
King Roland voted for Admetus
Clearasday voted for Admetus
Rictus voted for meta4
7-zark-7 voted for meta4
Admetus voted for meta4


The guards glare menacingly at Blindsiper83 and sphenodont and make a big show of adding a voting slip for each of them into the collection bowl. They will each have a penalty vote today.



(Also, just to be absolutely clear: That flavor text is not meant as a comment/hint on any role claims. :P )
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 08 Feb 2015, 18:34:46

Looking at the first post, it *appears* that you are saying 3 people approached Ryvvn at night. And then a fourth person mauled him. Is this right?

I know you've been very clear on 5 wolves in the game, no secret twists, etc. So it caught my eye.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 08 Feb 2015, 18:38:41

Rictus wrote:Looking at the first post, it *appears* that you are saying 3 people approached Ryvvn at night. And then a fourth person mauled him. Is this right?

I know you've been very clear on 5 wolves in the game, no secret twists, etc. So it caught my eye.



Yes. Just an amusing use of expectations, not an actual comment/hint re: number of wolves. I don't intend to give a running count of the wolf population (aside from the traditional lynch-or-lose warning), but I did announce the number of actual wolves at the start of the game. You're all welcome to do the math from there. :)

And in anticipation of a possible follow-up: No, the mask accounts don't affect that number at all. They don't count for parity and thus do not count for that number in any way.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 08 Feb 2015, 18:42:42

BlindSniper83 : 1 : Penalty
sphenodont : 1 : Penalty
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3752
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Admetus » 08 Feb 2015, 18:48:35

Welp, I guess I'm still alive. Role claim still stands. I'm Lone Starr, you can counter claim if you don't mind a blaster in your face. Stop voting for me, jerks. This is like, my wedding party, isn't it?

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3752
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Admetus » 08 Feb 2015, 18:51:08

Rictus. It was all in the last seconds of the day, so I couldn't completely react in time. Did you of all people ask why I wasn't shooting someone if I was expecting to be mauled? You, who seems to get quite annoyed at the traditional "Oops, guess I shot a human, but now at least you know I'm human" vigilante gig that happens around here?

User avatar
Smirker
Post Courtesan
Posts: 4302
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:56:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: CST - USA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Smirker » 08 Feb 2015, 19:01:14

Admetus wrote:Rictus. It was all in the last seconds of the day, so I couldn't completely react in time. Did you of all people ask why I wasn't shooting someone if I was expecting to be mauled? You, who seems to get quite annoyed at the traditional "Oops, guess I shot a human, but now at least you know I'm human" vigilante gig that happens around here?

Yea, I have to admit; (having just gotten caught up) - that did seem odd to me. We're doing well on having taken out two spaceballs; but that's no reason to start shooting semi-randomly. Besides, it wouldn't be a 100 % assurance of humanity unless it states it during the vigi attack or afterwords when mentioned by the GM.

[E: hmm double-checked the player list. we are down to 10 players now. But, I'd probably hold off on using it to save your own butt if possible if I was you. *shrug* I just feel you've been gathering far too much heat IMO. ]]

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4818
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby 7-zark-7 » 08 Feb 2015, 19:39:10

Admetus wrote:Welp, I guess I'm still alive.


Didn't we just have this conversation yesterday?

Quiet - we're rolling in 3.. 2..

Rita mouths the word one, and Phil's demeanor changes. They're filming out of order - they'll catch the local color later in the day - right now, it's all about the animal before them. Rita doesn't know quite how to react when he grabs the camera & starts addressing one viewer by name.

Admetus, I didn't expect you to be here when the clock reset. We can (and should) speculate on the reasons for this. Perhaps you're caught up in this weird loop, or maybe those Spaceballs weren't paying enough attention near the end of day to change their plans from suck to blow.

If the latter, it might tell us something. If the former, well, I've got you babe.


More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 08 Feb 2015, 19:48:54

Admetus wrote:Rictus. It was all in the last seconds of the day, so I couldn't completely react in time. Did you of all people ask why I wasn't shooting someone if I was expecting to be mauled? You, who seems to get quite annoyed at the traditional "Oops, guess I shot a human, but now at least you know I'm human" vigilante gig that happens around here?


Yes, that absolutely annoys me. Fortunately (unfortunately?) Okaros handled that quite nicely in this game with his "I'm not saying there's a wolf-vig. But I'm not saying there isn't.... " Otherwise, I suspect the vigilante(s) would have just started firing at random.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3752
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Admetus » 08 Feb 2015, 19:57:41

With two known human vigilantes, I'm expecting one wolf vigilante. Of course there could be more on each side. And if anyone would have thought Princess Vespa would be a vig but Lone Starr wouldn't, you'd have to go back and watch more Spaceballs.

Zark, the reason I'm voting for Rictus is related to that. You're saying "maybe they weren't around to change the target." Rictus's comment was so out of character, it sounded to me like a wolf saying "I'm here and since you're not getting mauled tonight, surely you'll think I'm not a wolf, because I could have mauled you!"

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 08 Feb 2015, 20:18:28

Day 1 wrote:dferrantino : 4 : rekard, Admetus, Smirker, Snake
BlindSniper83 : 3 : sphenodont, stigmata, dferrantino
Mister E. Meat : 2 : 7-Zark-7, Cam_Chase
Snake : 2 : That PJ, DastardlyOldMan
Admetus : 1 : Mister E. Meat
Cam_Chase : 1 : BlindSniper83
Clearasday : 1 : Omega
meta4 : 1 : Visigoth
Omega : 1 : Clearasday
rekard : 1 : meta4
San : 1 : Ryvvn
Smirker : 1 : San
Visigoth : 1 : Rictus


Day 2 wrote:Snake : 5 : rekard, meta4, Admetus, BlindSniper83, Smirker
Smirker : 3 : Snake, sphenodont, Cam_Chase
Clearasday : 2 : That PJ, stigmata
meta4 : 2 : Mister E. Meat, Visigoth
Rictus : 2 : DastardlyOldMan, Clearasday
DastardlyOldMan : 1 : Ryvvn
sphenodont : 1 : 7-zark-7
That PJ : 1 : San

No vote recorded (1) : Rictus


Day 3 wrote:Smirker : 5 : meta4, That PJ, sphenodont, Visigoth, Cam_Chase
That PJ : 5 : Clearasday, 7-zark-7, Admetus, Smirker, BlindSniper83
Admetus : 1 : Ryvvn
Clearasday : 1 : rekard
meta4 : 1 : San
rekard : 1 : Rictus
Rictus : 1 : Penalty
Visigoth : 1 : DastardlyOldMan

No vote recorded (1) : Mister E. Meat


Day 4 wrote:DastardlyOldMan : 4.5 : rekard, Admetus, meta4, sphenodont, PresidentSkroob
Admetus : 4 : Ryvvn, 7-zark-7, Visigoth, DastardlyOldMan
sphenodont : 3 : San, Cam_Chase, Smirker
meta4 : 1 : BlindSniper83
rekard : 1 : Clearasday
Visigoth : 1 : Rictus


Day 5 wrote:meta4 : 4 : Smirker, Rictus, 7-zark-7, Admetus
Admetus : 3.5 : Ryvvn, Cam_Chase, King Roland, Clearasday
Cam_Chase : 2 : San, Visigoth
Smirker : 1 : meta4

No vote recorded (2) : BlindSniper83, sphenodont
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4818
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby 7-zark-7 » 08 Feb 2015, 21:24:33

Rictus wrote:Fruit Rollup for a Very Quiet Evening


Determining if Rictus sees his shadow or not won't answer as many questions as I'd like ((although for the record, I'll state that resolved humans are green, not blue. This isn't Halo, & you're changing the subject)). My focus thus far has been on the large blanks in the Day 2/Day 3 bandwagons, but looking at yonder Fruit Rollup makes me think:

Day 1 throwaway: Visigoth : 1 : Rictus
Day 2 No vote recorded (1)
Day 3 throwaway: rekard: 1 : Rictus
Day 4 throwaway: Visigoth : 1 : Rictus
Day 5 Lynch bandwagon: meta4 : 4 : Smirker, Rictus, 7-zark-7, Admetus

I might move this tomorrow - ((I don't want our lovely and talented GM to have to poke me again - he's been increasingly aggressive ever since rekard stopped punching him on a daily basis)). But for now, consider this poke a request for information: Rictus, what in particular had you on Visigoth day 1 & day 4? I get his late day 4 action, but your vote proceeded his & specifically references his day 3 vote (not liking his vote on Smirker). Can you elaborate?

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 08 Feb 2015, 21:37:16

Here's a tally before I head to bed:

Rictus : 2 : Admetus, 7-zark-7
BlindSniper83 : 1 : Penalty
sphenodont : 1 : Penalty
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 08 Feb 2015, 23:30:53

It's late, and I'm off to bed. But here are my votes:

[+] My Votes
Day 1: meaningless vote, but I chose among the four who lived the longest from the last game: Snake, Omega, Visigoth, and CAD.
Day 2: A quick vote on smirker early in the day. At the end of the day, I was convinced by smirker's explanaition and retracted. I was confused about the EOD (as was Snake). I was going to vote for stigmata or DOM.
Day 3: I voted for rekard because he had the first vote on Dferrantion (day 1) and Snake (day 2). Not a big reason, but it was very early in the day.
Day 4:
Back on Day 3, before Visigoth posted, the votes were:
Smirker : 3 : meta4, That PJ, sphenodont
Clearasday : 2 : rekard, 7-zark-7
Admetus : 1 : Ryvvn
meta4 : 1 : San
rekard : 1 : Rictus
Rictus : 1 : Penalty
That PJ : 1 : Clearasday
Visigoth : 1 : DastardlyOldMan

Visigoth pushed Smirker up to 4, plus he listed me as his second choice for a bandwagon based on some weird blindsniper/snake/rictus/smirker logic puzzle from our votes on day 2. Instead of pursuing a two- or three-way tie, he pushed the leader further out.

Day 5: I voted for one of the three unknowns on DOM's bandwagon: Admetus, Meta4, Sphenodont. Since Meta4 is human and Admetus has claimed Human Vigilante, that leaves sphenodont as mighty suspicious.


PS - I still suspect Visigoth. This post on Day 4:
Well, that escalated quickly.
Pauses video tape of Anchorman
I'd love to know why people were voting on That PJ since other than the defensive vote from Smirker and the tying vote from Blindsniper83 there's not much meat to work with from the others.

Could certainly take the delayed revenge vote on DastardlyOldMan, but the Day 1 vote gives me pause. Since if he's a wolf that puts two on them on Snake where there were plenty of other places (which he complained about in fact) he could have placed a second vote on. So why group up with another wolf.

Instead I'm going with Admetus. I admit it's an odd vote since he was part of the pile-on of That PJ, but just how he did it makes me wonder. His vote was just that and nothing else. And after poking a couple of people for reason's for their vote to just do a vote only post seemed odd to me.


sounds an awful lot like this post from DastardlyOldMan:
Correct me on that, would you? I was just trying to identify where singletons were being generated, and not noting people who later followed onto those singletons. I'll double-check my work, but if I blatantly missed one, by all means, let me know (I just built a list using Textpad manually, not burning up the spreadsheets).

Was trying to figure out where you were going to move to (once you retracted, Snake was pretty much a foregone conclusion), but then reread your last post of yesterday, and it was more of a move ~from Smirker than a move ~to anyone.

MEM - could you explain the blindsniper/Snake thing to me? Not really seeing it.

Visigoth is breaking pattern, two votes for the same target on the first two days.


Both sound like "Gee, can't really see what is going on here." Plus Visigoth's post seems like an indirect defense of DOM.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3752
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Admetus » 09 Feb 2015, 07:45:55

I also find Visigoth suspicious, more for the things he seems to be missing/ignoring. I'm not sure, though, because that would mean he defended wolves in a close vote. That's pretty out of character.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Visigoth » 09 Feb 2015, 10:34:35

Well, seeing as I posted exactly what I meant and there's not much ambiguity in it I'm not sure how you're reading it as "not understanding what is going on".  The only thing I didn't understand is why That PJ picked up the votes and was hoping that some of those people that voted on them would explain it.  Clearasday started it with what appears to be a gut feel, then 7-Zark-7 with no reason, Admetus is next with just a vote post, next a defensive vote from Smirker so no real explanation needed, and finally the tying vote from Blindsniper83 with that being the reason.  So other than the last two there's really no stated reason for them which is why I was asking if some of those that did vote on him could state why.

And yes Admetus I did read your posts, multiple times even, and none of them really give a direct reason for you voting on That PJ.  Your second post on Day 3 confronts Ryvvn for his vote on you, third following up in regards to rekard's response, forth confronting Meta4 over his thoughts on you rekard and Smirker, fifth confronting Cam_Chase about his vote to push Smirker to five votes and making your statement about giving the wolves more open voting paths, six your vote on That PJ.  So the entire reason you voted on That PJ was because he was at two votes whereas everyone else was at one vote to try and close the gap?

As for me "defending" DastardlyOldMan you again appear to be reading more into my post that there's there to read.  I made that comment as a way to say why I was not voting on DastardlyOldMan.  That is all.  If people wanted to take that as defending him so be it, but I wrote that to show why I was not voting on him.

If you suspect me, vote on me and get it over with or go and shoot me.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3752
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Admetus » 09 Feb 2015, 11:15:36

Visigoth wrote:And yes Admetus I did read your posts, multiple times even, and none of them really give a direct reason for you voting on That PJ.


Subject: Day 4 - A terrible fate for two

Admetus wrote:Nice. I'm not jumping to any conclusions here, but I had a faint hope something like that might happen when I realized I was writing about how the wolves could vote anywhere they wanted after Cam's vote. I'm not sure we can stretch the conclusion this far, but DastardlyOldMan's waffling sounded a tiny bit wolfy to me. Just a bit.


What I was saying was that while I was trying to explain to Cam why we don't vote like that 'round here, I realized it might have opened the door for wolves to be bold and make nice looking but ultimately futile trains on fellow wolves. I decided I would back up whatever halfway-decent train next developed, both as a protest of the situation we were in as well as a dim hope that it might be more likely than usual to be a wolf that was pushed up. (edit- and of course I couldn't exactly talk about this on Day 3, could I? so I mentioned it on Day 4.)


Another thing I was saying you were missing was your attack on Cam for wolfy behavior. We went over that at length last game. Lynching him didn't turn out any better then. It seems like you were behaving as if this wasn't expected from him, but you lived to the end in that game. It's not like you weren't around for it.

Visigoth wrote:If you suspect me, vote on me and get it over with or go and shoot me.

Busy with this other suspect here. But you can rest assured, my pre-prepared contingency snipe vigs have included you. I haven't needed to pull the trigger yet.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4391
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby sphenodont » 09 Feb 2015, 11:57:30

Crap. Sorry that I missed the weekend, folks. Ended up going out of town and forgot to hop online to help hunt Spaceballs.

I'll have to read the previous thread, but mauling Ryvvn seems an odd choice. I do have to wonder if meta4 was onto something (which jibes with my current/on-going suspicions), so for now I'm going to put in a placeholder on Smirker.

User avatar
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3814
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 05:14:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: An England near you!

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Clearasday » 09 Feb 2015, 12:44:52

Hey Sphenodont just so you know I think commenting on the nights kill is a really big wolf indicator.

Anyway, lets get the Visigoth train rolling for now.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 09 Feb 2015, 13:42:04

Rictus : 2 : Admetus, 7-zark-7
BlindSniper83 : 1 : Penalty
Smirker : 1 : sphenodont
sphenodont : 1 : Penalty
Visigoth : 1 : Clearasday

No vote recorded (6) : BlindSniper83, Cam_Chase, Rictus, San, Smirker, Visigoth
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3752
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Admetus » 09 Feb 2015, 13:49:30

Clearasday wrote:Hey Sphenodont just so you know I think commenting on the nights kill is a really big wolf indicator.

Funny you say that. I do that a bunch as a human if I think I can fit it into my current theory. In this case it's not an odd choice. I was likely going to survive even as a non-special, but killing Ryvvn -- who'd voted for only me over the last three days -- made sure I kept looking suspicious. Without a reasonable role claim, I'd have probably been lynched easily today with only a little wolf prompting.

---

So, I've spent a bit of time re-reading Rictus's posts and trying to get any information from Hellheart's "how to read Rictus" posts from a few games back. (This was that time I horribly mislynched Rictus.) It's made me less confident we're 100% going to find a wolf, but I remain suspicious because of the odd post from yesterday's deadline. (Mainly I'm just more sure that I don't understand what Hellheart thought was so obvious back then.) I'm going to leave it to the village to decide rather than taking any shots here.

In case I die, let me get a few notes down, since Monday nights I'm usually too busy to contribute much.

It's 3 wolves in 10 players, and most likely there is a wolf vigilante. With a wolf vig firing before getting lynched in almost every case, that means it's effectively 3 wolves to 6 humans. A human vig like me missing is pretty awful, shortening our allowed lynch misses from 2 to 1, so I'm not likely to take a gamble here.

Most especially, be aware that if it's gotten to Lynch or Lose and no wolf vigilante has fired, that could tip a close vote to the wolves for the game. Please don't be scattered when voting at LOL, and talk it out. The game has been pretty quiet so far, I'm a bit worried about that one.

I've mentioned Rictus and Visigoth, but it's also worth mentioning that some people are starting to stick out on those vote tallies. So if Rictus turns out to be human, some of them will be looking more wolfy. If Rictus is a wolf, I'd be less sure. It'd be worth noting that Rictus's vote tallies went away for a bit when we started getting good data in red.

User avatar
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3814
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 05:14:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: An England near you!

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Clearasday » 09 Feb 2015, 14:01:53

Admetus wrote:
Clearasday wrote:Hey Sphenodont just so you know I think commenting on the nights kill is a really big wolf indicator.

Funny you say that. I do that a bunch as a human if I think I can fit it into my current theory.

It depends on context of the comments on the dead. For example, I can happily point out that the wolves through the first two days mauled everyone that voted for me. Thank you wolves for doing that and helping me out.

Then there's the classic 'that maul seems an odd choice, it tells me things. Let's not say those things and let's just vote and leave'. That's what I was getting at. That's wolfy to me. Sphenodont will have to die at some point now.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

User avatar
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3814
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 05:14:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: An England near you!

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Clearasday » 09 Feb 2015, 14:04:35

Anyway back on topic I'd love a Visigoth sandwich with light Sphenodont seasoning at the moment. Anyone fancy making me one? Remember the age old rule please, chant after me:

"I shall not let Visigoth survive to Day 7".
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4818
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby 7-zark-7 » 09 Feb 2015, 14:20:52

((regarding day 3 votes on That PJ))
Visigoth wrote:there's really no stated reason for them which is why I was asking if some of those that did vote on him could state why.

Phil looks at Visigoth, raising his eyebrow slightly. this feels... off.

As I don't generally step out of character, I will answer in the spirit I think this was given: Have you noticed Emily Dickinson poems can be sung to "Yellow Rose of Texas?" They also lend themselves to the theme of "Gilligan's Island", but you're changing the subject.

Phil, I think he wanted to know your justification for moving a vote off of CAD & onto That PJ.

For that, I'd suggest that he read the entire Dr Who game (to whatever tune he prefers). I was a wolf, and CAD was a Dalek, but, and this is an important point, he was a Special Weapons Dalek. Many Stairs and Doors knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Kallisti that day. Augie played a redhead, floating in the zero G shower. Wonder Years learned some important life lessons and Wasabi knew where his towel was. All was right with the universe, or at least our portion of it. We even had a giant crate of socks...

And this is relevant because?

Because I get my read for CAD from RP, & its a pretty good example of the interplay. Specifically, if he draws my attention, I poke & read his reaction.

So, this time around, I started off late on day 2 poking at CAD, & reinforcing that on day 3. I may have pushed things by stating he makes noises like a chipmunk when really excited. ((CAD, you know I love you. It's because you sleep above the covers... four feet above the covers))

When poking CAD satisfied my curiosity, I moved off of him, but I didn't want to sheep onto the smirker-wagon. That PJ happened to be my target, & it was serendipitous given how he rolled wolf - I'd love to take credit, but it would read false


More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Cam_Chase
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 41
Joined: 19 Dec 2014, 15:31:27
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Eastern Time

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Cam_Chase » 09 Feb 2015, 14:55:31

Rictus still don't have much of an opinion and but I fear he may be a wolf

User avatar
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3814
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 05:14:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: An England near you!

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Clearasday » 09 Feb 2015, 15:00:37

7-zark-7 wrote:For that, I'd suggest that he read the entire Dr Who game (to whatever tune he prefers). I was a wolf, and CAD was a Dalek, but, and this is an important point, he was a Special Weapons Dalek. Many Stairs and Doors knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Kallisti that day.

One must be careful when mentioning *Doors* too loudly around these parts.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

User avatar
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3814
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 05:14:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: An England near you!

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Clearasday » 09 Feb 2015, 15:03:19

Seriously though I feel like the line of questioning of 'Why did we kill That PJ' is stupid and a distraction. Let's keep this discussion on topic. The chosen topic for today is who are you voting for and why is it Visigoth or Sphenodont or Rictus?
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 09 Feb 2015, 15:06:47

Admetus wrote:
So, I've spent a bit of time re-reading Rictus's posts and trying to get any information from Hellheart's "how to read Rictus" posts from a few games back. (This was that time I horribly mislynched Rictus.) It's made me less confident we're 100% going to find a wolf, but I remain suspicious because of the odd post from yesterday's deadline. (Mainly I'm just more sure that I don't understand what Hellheart thought was so obvious back then.) I'm going to leave it to the village to decide rather than taking any shots here.


This is getting very meta-game, but I think what Hellheart is referring to is that I have two human tells:
1) I'm distrustful / paranoid, especially when I have special role (among other people, rekard can vouch for this). This manifests as being abrasive and combative, especially if I think I've located a wolf.
2) Once I construct a reality, I stick with it, even if it doesn't match the rest of the humans.

Example: In game 54 (Rise and Fall of Draker) I had decided that so-and-so was a wolf based on my own determination of how one of the mini-games would play out. Even when everyone had 'soft' cleared that person, I felt they were a wolf. It ended up getting me lynched. And this was where I reflected a bit and tried to change my approach.

Another example might be game 76 (Asgard) when I was also a special and determined that, paradoxically, I needed to be lynched (to avoid giving Loki another power-gem). So I moved the lynch-votes to break the tie and lose.

In the doctor game (game 75), I was a special and my internal reality said "Spheno is a wolf because he role-claimed and said the wrong thing" (or something like that). Everyone else said "Humans should claim early" but I disagreed based on my own narrative, so I didn't. When I role claimed, I *think* Hellheart said "Ok, that's why Rictus is being so stubborn... he's not a wolf making a false claim, he's a human sticking to his internal narrative."

TLDR: As a human I'm internally consistent, even when I'm not aligned with the game.

Of course, maybe I'm completely wrong and everyone else can tell me what my human tells are so I can work on replicating them as a wolf. ;)
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Visigoth » 09 Feb 2015, 15:26:14

Wonders if 7-Zark-7 has had a little too much Carl Spackler's Bent. Don't forget to cannonball it.

Admetus wrote:Another thing I was saying you were missing was your attack on Cam for wolfy behavior. We went over that at length last game. Lynching him didn't turn out any better then. It seems like you were behaving as if this wasn't expected from him, but you lived to the end in that game. It's not like you weren't around for it.
So he gets a pass because of how he posts? And could it be that I'm poking him in order to try and get him more involved and putting some thoughts out along with his vote. I realize that I'm considered a quiet player by most since I tend to just post once a day, but at least I try to put my thoughts out there in that one post. Just votes gives no information about what they are thinking and in turn nothing for us to use to really try to determine which side they are on. I'm not even looking for some grand posts about why they are voting the way but just a little bit of a why would be nice. It's similar to the pattern that after so many days and if there are no good leads then it's time to lynch San.

Going with Rictus today. I'm sure that since I'm pushing him out to two (correction: 3 now that Cam_Chase has voted while I was writing this) ahead of everyone else that this will be seen as wolf-sign but so be it. If anything he's my best bet right now in case things do spiral and I pick-up silly votes. Or maybe I'll get a bullet to the head before EOD at which point my vote will be both mute and moot. Though I'm still curious who he was going to switch to if he hadn't been late in his vote. Perhaps it might make a difference in voting for him. Or maybe not. Who's to say. To answer Clearasday's question about why you can look back to Day 3 for my reason. Yes, it's convoluted and possibly wrong, but it's what I got.

Might be open for a switch though my other suspects have penalty votes against them and I just have an issue with using those against people. Well, if I'm a wolf I'll abuse the hell out of them if it works in my favor, but as a human it just doesn't feel right unless I have a real solid belief that they are a wolf. And in this case neither of them are at that point where I'd feel good about taking advantage of those penalty votes.

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 09 Feb 2015, 15:35:07

With me being up at 4 I'm defiantly going to defensive vote. Visigoth

Even though I suspect you, I also agree with your comment about Admetus and Cam_chase.

Edit: and I give you an Internet cookie for using moot and mute.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Smirker
Post Courtesan
Posts: 4302
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:56:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: CST - USA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Smirker » 09 Feb 2015, 15:58:48

I think both bandwagons are very likely.. but i'll throw my vote behind the Visigoth group to get it closer to a tie.

And i'm trying not to let sphenodont's true throwaway vote on me effect me; but that just makes him the highest on my suspicion list.


{{i'll be back, but have to see about dinner for kids. Thanks to the Anthem hack i've been spending the last near hour on the phone making sure our primary bank account is locked up without express authorization.. and the credit being frozen. Some ass reset a password to the account while I was driving home. :P Looks like we locked it down before they could do anything other than change the password and pin. more damage control will follow tonight. :P ]]

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 09 Feb 2015, 16:32:05

Rictus : 4 : Admetus, 7-zark-7, Cam_Chase, Visigoth
Visigoth : 3 : Clearasday, Rictus, Smirker
BlindSniper83 : 1 : Penalty
Smirker : 1 : sphenodont
sphenodont : 1 : Penalty

No vote recorded (2) : BlindSniper83, San
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Smirker
Post Courtesan
Posts: 4302
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:56:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: CST - USA

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Smirker » 09 Feb 2015, 16:38:12

Thanks Okaros. I appreciate the running total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4391
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby sphenodont » 09 Feb 2015, 17:16:35

Clearasday wrote:Then there's the classic 'that maul seems an odd choice, it tells me things. Let's not say those things and let's just vote and leave'. That's what I was getting at. That's wolfy to me. Sphenodont will have to die at some point now.


You know, you strike me as very human this game, so I'm almost willing to take you up on that.

If the vig will shoot Smirker, I'll happily be lynched, but then I want people to look at San or Cam as one (or both) of the remaining wolves.

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 09 Feb 2015, 17:45:45

Well,

with 215 mins left I will role claim. I'm Barf, sidekick to Captain Lonestar.


You might think that a kick ass mawg like me might be a guardian angel or something, but all I have is this crappy blaster.

So Vig-shot on Sphenodont.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 09 Feb 2015, 17:48:04

Rictus was frustrated. Why couldn't anyone else see the alien menace in their midst? It was just sitting there, in plain sight, waiting for its chance to strike.

He knew the solution to the problem could only end in one way, and if nobody else wouldn't help he'd just have to take matters into his own hands. He'd prepared for this situation, after all.

The first blaster shot disintegrated most of sphenodont's tiny body. The second was just to be sure.

"NO BLASTERS! NO BLASTERS!" scream the security guards as they spring to full alert. They quickly tackle Rictus, remove his blaster and begin roughly searching him. Several loud claims of "Right to Bear Arms!" and an otherwise empty-handed search later, they shove Rictus roughly back into the crowd. He won't be shooting anyone else now, not that that's much consolation to sphenodont and his family of 2,354 child-spawn.



sphenodont - A regular guest (Human) - vigged
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 09 Feb 2015, 17:49:04

Rictus : 4 : Admetus, 7-zark-7, Cam_Chase, Visigoth
Visigoth : 3 : Clearasday, Rictus, Smirker
BlindSniper83 : 1 : Penalty


No vote recorded (2) : BlindSniper83, San
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Visigoth » 09 Feb 2015, 17:49:16

How many Vigs we got up in this place? This would make 3 Vigs which I can't believe there would be this many human ones so either Rictus or Admetus are likely to be a wolf Vig. At least that's would be my guess.

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 09 Feb 2015, 17:52:22

Okaros wrote:( Legitimate vig shot on Sphenodont. This text will be replaced by a proper RP writeup shortly. )

sphenodont - A regular guest (Human) - vigged



This is terrible. I'm sorry Sphenodont.

I expect to get lynched, and as Visigoth mentions, that puts THREE vigs on the board.

I've suspected Admetus all along, but with his role claim as LONE STARR means I couldn't be sure. Admetus is the last person on the DOM bandwagon day 3, so if he's not mauled tonight please lynch him.

Edit: Visi I would have shot you but you were the alternate bandwagon. So lucky you, I guess.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Visigoth » 09 Feb 2015, 17:55:01

I await Admetus's shot now. Unless he plans to go down with his Vig shot intact. And if he lives he's getting my vote tomorrow.

Well, trading one human for another wouldn't have helped your case.
Last edited by Visigoth on 09 Feb 2015, 17:55:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Rictus » 09 Feb 2015, 17:55:17

sphenodont wrote:
Clearasday wrote:Then there's the classic 'that maul seems an odd choice, it tells me things. Let's not say those things and let's just vote and leave'. That's what I was getting at. That's wolfy to me. Sphenodont will have to die at some point now.


You know, you strike me as very human this game, so I'm almost willing to take you up on that.

If the vig will shoot Smirker, I'll happily be lynched, but then I want people to look at San or Cam as one (or both) of the remaining wolves.



Since Spheno turned up human I wanted to point this out. Don't let my mistake overshadow his comments here.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Day 6 - A Very Quiet Evening

Postby Okaros » 09 Feb 2015, 18:00:56

Final Tally:

Rictus : 4 : Admetus, 7-zark-7, Cam_Chase, Visigoth
Visigoth : 3 : Clearasday, Rictus, Smirker
BlindSniper83 : 1 : Penalty

No vote recorded (2) : BlindSniper83, San
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM


Return to “The Royal Reception Hall”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest