The Final Battle

Your bloody business is best not discussed in the house of the Lord.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

The Final Battle

Postby necklessone » 11 Mar 2015, 16:33:54

The village by Lake Wolvesyleetya is a smoldering pile of ash. The graveyard is full of freshly filled graves. Only the church stands; a fitting place for the final battle with evil.

The four remaining villagers are standing in a rough circle with whatever weapons they could find. That PJ wields his spent rifle like a club. Mister E. Meat has a sharp hoe. Crassus found a trident somewhere. And finally Cato has a shovel clutched nervously.

The standoff could have lasted for hours if not for a gust of wind (the departed Rev. Lessons would have said the Hand of the Lord). This fateful gust swirled around the rubble before blowing through the survivors. Coats were rustled, eyes were dried (and subsequently blinked), and all three men and one chicken had their hats knocked off.

"You!" yelled Mister E. Meat as puffs of flour blew off his stained pants.

"I knew it," lied Crassus.

"Get him!" screamed That PJ angrily.

"Bawk?," clucked Cato.

And it was all over but the bludgeoning. And stabbing.

Cato, Giant Chicken - Lynched

HUMANS WIN!

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: The Final Battle

Postby necklessone » 11 Mar 2015, 16:36:29

Thanks for playing, folks. I think I have things opened up.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 11 Mar 2015, 17:06:20

Yeah! Go team!

Thank you for putting my head back on straight and preventing me from steering us astray.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 11 Mar 2015, 17:20:45

Yay humans!

That PJ wrote:Thank you for putting my head back on straight and preventing me from steering us astray.

All credit for that goes to MEM. I'm pretty sure I was only hurting my case. And the worst part is, I can't even wolf nearly as convincingly as I human!

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 11 Mar 2015, 17:32:31

You really were, lol... ADMETUS!
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Cato
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Cato » 11 Mar 2015, 17:33:03

Good game all, that was an uphill battle for us from role-reveal day - think we had it until the combo Vig + GA, so all due credit to the specials this game.

Thanks for the game necklessone.
tiptoe softly down those corridors towards the Warehouse

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 11 Mar 2015, 21:08:58

Thanks necklessone for running the game. I'm glad I made the right call. Cato you definitely had me swindled until mid-Monday and you probably could have pulled it off if you had played less "I'll agree with whatever you say as long as it isn't my name," on Tuesday and Wednesday. Even going into today, I wasn't certain you were the last wolf and I locked because I wanted to see the game end. But then you replied with the list that waffled and Crassus just felt human in his own defense. I think you'd have been better off coming out swinging when you had two locked votes on you. A "this is going to cost us the game" instead of "I'm not sure who is the last wolf." Because a human knows that he's human but we're all not sure.

Reading this again, it sounds harsher than I mean it to. You definitely didn't throw the game or anything - you guys were dealt a tough hand in the second half of the game. On the one hand, you had all the seered and soft-claimed humans and on the other you had the GA hiding in the unclaimed roles.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 12 Mar 2015, 06:07:55

Yeah, Cato was very close to being convincing in the end there. Well done, DOM.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 12 Mar 2015, 06:59:07

Mister E. Meat wrote:Thanks necklessone for running the game. I'm glad I made the right call. Cato you definitely had me swindled until mid-Monday and you probably could have pulled it off if you had played less "I'll agree with whatever you say as long as it isn't my name," on Tuesday and Wednesday. Even going into today, I wasn't certain you were the last wolf and I locked because I wanted to see the game end. But then you replied with the list that waffled and Crassus just felt human in his own defense. I think you'd have been better off coming out swinging when you had two locked votes on you. A "this is going to cost us the game" instead of "I'm not sure who is the last wolf." Because a human knows that he's human but we're all not sure.

Reading this again, it sounds harsher than I mean it to. You definitely didn't throw the game or anything - you guys were dealt a tough hand in the second half of the game. On the one hand, you had all the seered and soft-claimed humans and on the other you had the GA hiding in the unclaimed roles.

Yeah, I never do well at the "this is going to cost us the game" approach - I can never get that to sound convincing.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 12 Mar 2015, 09:45:48

I would like to extend some thanks to my homies sphenodont, DOM, Omega, Clear and Snake for helping me enact some long awaited justice.

About the Miller t thing, I was unsure how to proceed because the rules contradicted my logic of why the Miller would be played so I couldn't go at full strength with why would I be the Miller which also made MEM vote for me.

But besides that small blunder (and lovers a bit), it was still a good closer game.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 12 Mar 2015, 19:09:07

Thanks again for running the game necklessone and the amusing theme and OPs. :)

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 16 Mar 2015, 08:43:35

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I never do well at the "this is going to cost us the game" approach - I can never get that to sound convincing.

I'd just like to point out that I really enjoyed the day 1 mechanic:

First off, it was interesting that this meant it was kind-of a conversion game:
Subject: Between Life and Death

Pompey wrote:Well... okay, then. I think it's only fair to get Caesar and Cato on board, since they've already got the plumage. rekard is already pure evil, so he's in. We'll bring his partner-in-crime Snake in, too. And we'll round out the party with our Bonus Bird: Omega.

And I admit, I enjoy conversion games more than is probably healthy.

Second, even with his mask, DOM's record of being picked in conversion games seems to be unbroken:

the masked chickens wrote:Pompey = sphendont
Cato = DastardlyOldMan (not a vote)
Crassus = Admetus
Caesar = Clearasday

Thank you again for the game Necklessone it was fun.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Mar 2015, 11:01:05

7-zark-7 wrote:Second, even with his mask, DOM's record of being picked in conversion games seems to be unbroken:
the masked chickens wrote:Pompey = sphendont
Cato = DastardlyOldMan (not a vote)
Crassus = Admetus
Caesar = Clearasday

Nooooo!! The curse was supposed to be broken with The World's End, when I ~pre-engineered my own lynching on Day 2 :lol:

Of course, two games later I became a Duck, and then Fenris at Ragnarok, and . . . . yeah, curse is still around :D

Return to “The Town Commons”