Day 4: The Second Tuesday

Your bloody business is best not discussed in the house of the Lord.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 4: The Second Tuesday

Postby necklessone » 04 Mar 2015, 18:08:28

"I'm one of you," Meta4 screams as the torches approach. In the absence of Rev. Lesson's guidance the town has decided to stay the course. The Lord's fire will purge this evil...

Meta4 - Villager, Lynched

Meanwhile, in the dark of night.....

Iron Clad Burrito knew an opportunity when he saw one. While the rest of the town tended to the night's pyre, he was sneaking through the apple orchards and pastures of the town's only pony farmer. It was well known to all in town that RaveBomb's love of all things equine was second only to his forbidden love for armored foodstuffs, though everyone kept pretending that their relationship was a total secret.

"After tonight, we'll tell them all," thought ICB as he patted a pony on the head. "Surely the Lord can't be against a love he himself instilled in us." With his heart fluttering and a stupid grin plastered on his face, he threw open the door to RaveBomb's house and said...

...nothing. His voice caught in his throat as he observed five dark shapes clustered around RaveBomb's body. When they heard the door slam, they burst through the back door, leaving clawed footprints and giant white and brown feathers in their wake. Beyond caring about the monsters, Iron Clad Burrito ran to his fallen lover and fell to his knees weeping. The townsfolk found him there in the morning, unwounded and unmoving.

RaveBomb - Villager, Lover, Mauled
Iron Clad Burrito, Villager, Lover, Broken Heart

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 4: The Second Tuesday

Postby necklessone » 04 Mar 2015, 18:11:33

Meta4 : 4 : RaveBomb, Omega, Crassus, Cam_Chase
Rekard : 2 : Smirker, Rictus
Rictus : 2 : Cato, Mister E. Meat
Smirker : 2 : Iron Clad Burrito, Blindsniper83
Caesar : 1 : Visigoth
Cam_Chase : 1 : Snake
Crassus : 1 : That PJ
Mister E. Meat : 1 : Okaros
Okaros : 1 : Caesar
Visigoth : 1 : rekard

No vote recorded (1) : Meta4

[+] Vote History
rekard voted for Visigoth
Okaros voted for Mister E. Meat
Iron Clad Burrito voted for Smirker
Cato voted for Rictus
Crassus voted for That PJ (Retracted)
RaveBomb voted for Meta4
Smirker voted for Rictus (Retracted)
Blindsniper83 voted for Smirker
Snake voted for Cam_Chase
Omega voted for Meta4
Visigoth voted for Caesar
Caesar voted for Okaros
Crassus voted for Meta4
Cam_Chase voted for Meta4
That PJ voted for Crassus
Mister E. Meat voted for Rictus
Smirker voted for Rekard
Rictus voted for Rekard

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 04 Mar 2015, 18:34:00

That is hilarious. Truly, these two star-crossed lovers will meet again in another life.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 04 Mar 2015, 18:41:13

Alas, that they were taken from this world too soon.

{{Sidenote, Am i mistaken or wasn't this Rave's first game in a while? If so, and you mauled him on second chance.. that seems a bit rude. Ah well, nice to see you again for a bit RB. May you and ICB enjoy each other more in the next life than you did in this one. ]]

[[This post is mainly a marker for me to return to the thread later. ]]

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 04 Mar 2015, 18:43:39

Subject: Day 3: The Second Monday

That PJ wrote:That's the second time in as many days that Crassus has had odd voting behavior. I expect it's too late to build any meaningful heat on him, but that's where my suspicions lie.

Anyone want to explain why they're piling on Meta4, or is it just fickle randomness? I mean, Hellheart's not even here, guys (OR IS HE?)

What fun! I'm curious about what strikes you as odd from Day 2. If it's merely that I placed a second vote in a row on Meta4, and was then followed by another, well, that's not my odd voting behavior. It's just what happened when I came to post.

Perhaps it has occurred to you that one might use a mask account specifically to try a few interesting things out? See some reactions that aren't entirely based on "this person doesn't usually do this kind of thing?" Or maybe it has not.

I do think it's curious to see you latch on so eagerly, though, That PJ.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 05 Mar 2015, 08:04:08

necklessone wrote:Meta4 : 4 : RaveBomb, Omega, Crassus, Cam_Chase
Rekard : 2 : Smirker , Rictus
Rictus : 2 : Cato, Smirker
Smirker : 2 : Iron Clad Burrito, Blindsniper83
Rictus : 1 : Mister E. Meat
That PJ : 1 : Crassus

No vote recorded (1) : Meta4

Mister E. Meat voted for Rictus

Just curious if this was an oversight not adding them up or somehow my vote didn't really count on Rictus?

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 05 Mar 2015, 08:10:42

[[working from home today due to the lovely weather (fears)]]

I suspect it was he just did a manual edit on the fly. I'm actually noted as still voting on rictus as well . so you can pur your name in my spot on that line.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 05 Mar 2015, 08:38:29

No, just me trying to run the game from my phone and it not working so well. Should be corrected now.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2015, 09:13:23

Let's see. Retracted. Was Smirker. The vote for Ryvvn on day 2 could be protecting a sniper wolf.

I would like Snake to say something.

Visigoth has my eye.

Cam_Chase again voting at the end of a wagon. It seems like a normal modus operandi for him but it never stops being suspicious.
Last edited by rekard on 05 Mar 2015, 17:36:35, edited 2 times in total.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 05 Mar 2015, 09:21:54

rekard wrote:Let's see. Smirker. The vote for Ryvvn on day 1 could be protecting a sniper wolf.

I would like Snake to say something.

Visigoth has my eye.

Cam_Chase again voting at the end of a wagon. It seems like a normal modus operandi for him but it never stops being suspicious.

Really now rekard? I'm used to you paying more attention to the rules and such than that. Apparently, roles weren't handed out until D2; which makes all the D1 voting little more than fluff IMO.

[e]: I've gone ahead and edited my quotation here for clarity's sake... besides it was annoying me anyway. ;)
Last edited by Smirker on 05 Mar 2015, 09:37:06, edited 1 time in total.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2015, 09:30:18

Near the end of day 2, you voted for Ryvvn tying him to blindsniper, hence causing Ryvvn to die (as he lost the coin flip) from the lynch. You voted for sniper on day 1 which is not related to my vote cuz it was day 1.

Ohhhh! I see. I made a typo. I wrote day 1 instead of 2. Corrected.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 05 Mar 2015, 09:35:19

Ah, i was about to point out that you must be referring to the days differently than their actual order (like the thread titles of today being the second tuesday).

So, your speculation is that I was trying to protect a sniper? The best I could do in the situation was either tie up the vote to actually try and be useful later for analysis or to push a secondary or tertiary candidate. A sniper to presumably protect the other primary lynch candidate of blindsniper83?

Interesting that if you think he's a wolf that you didn't include him in your post where you voted on me; yet named a couple of others you suspect.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 10:49:56

After much deliberatin', I think That PJ - retracted should be the one to burn today. His reasonin' for his throaway vote yesterday just doesn't square up. If he thought Meta4 was a beast and no other choice would do, surely he would have cast his vote there. If he wasn't sure, why not cast the weight of his vote behind Smirker and help drive that wagon up for a tie? His actions bespeak loudly of a knowledge of things no pure-hearted man of this congregation should know, whlie his words try to say otherwise. Whatever Smirker may be, I think That PJ is the most likely to be carrying the Mark of the Beast.

And all ye heed this warnin' well: It looks like if we don't find one of the beasts today we'll only have one more chance. Choose well where you cast your votes this day!

Edit: Spelling.
Last edited by Okaros on 05 Mar 2015, 16:27:39, edited 2 times in total.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 05 Mar 2015, 10:54:19

Crassus wrote:What fun! I'm curious about what strikes you as odd from Day 2. If it's merely that I placed a second vote in a row on Meta4, and was then followed by another, well, that's not my odd voting behavior. It's just what happened when I came to post.

Perhaps it has occurred to you that one might use a mask account specifically to try a few interesting things out? See some reactions that aren't entirely based on "this person doesn't usually do this kind of thing?" Or maybe it has not.

I do think it's curious to see you latch on so eagerly, though, That PJ.

I don't know that it's latching on so much as picking the only somewhat suspicious candidate. Not much to go on yesterday. Despite a pretty decisive lynch of Meta4.

Yesterday you voted for me (for no apparent reason), dropped the vote (for no apparent reason), and switched to Meta4 (for no apparent reason), and were immediately followed by Cam Chase, who does tend to have a nasty habit of immediately voting after other wolves when he's a wolf. This is after Day 2 when you also pushed up Meta4, only then you were the second part of a double vote.

It's unusual, and unexplained. I thought it was worth drawing attention to.

Pointing out the abundantly obvious reasons for using a mask account doesn't do you any particular favors in my book, either, Crassus RETRACTED. I don't know why you bothered to bring it up.
Last edited by That PJ on 05 Mar 2015, 17:56:05, edited 1 time in total.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 05 Mar 2015, 10:59:30

Okaros wrote:After much deliberatin', I think That PJ should be the one to burn today. His reasonin' for his throaway vote yesterday just doesn't square up. If he thought Meta4 was a beast and no other choice would do, surely he would have cast his vote there. If he wasn't sure, why not cast the weight of his vote behind Smirker and help drive that wagon up for a tie? His actions bespeak loudly of a knowledge of things no pure-hearted man of this congregation should know, whlie his words try to say otherwise. Whatever Smirker may be, I think That PJ is the most likely to be carrying the Mark of the Beast.

And all ye heed this warnin' well: It look like if we don't find one of the beasts today we'll only have one more chance. Choose well where you cast your votes this day!

You keep thinking that, good buddy.

I had a vote ready to tie after drawing attention to Crassus, but there was no tie to be made once Smirker backed off Rictus. Voting on Smirker at that point defied all logic (he made it easier to lynch himself), and I saw no reason to continue pushing Meta4 further into the lead. So the vote stayed on Crassus.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 11:27:17

So, your complaint with me is that I voted for someone, and also I switched my vote. Clearly these are the acts of an evil mastermind - no normal villager would vote, and only the truly demented would switch their vote!

Snake
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Snake » 05 Mar 2015, 11:54:17

Rekard

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 05 Mar 2015, 12:17:29

Crassus wrote:So, your complaint with me is that I voted for someone, and also I switched my vote. Clearly these are the acts of an evil mastermind - no normal villager would vote, and only the truly demented would switch their vote!

Don't be deliberately obtuse. In a field of bland behavior, unusual behavior stands out.

Most wolves aren't masterminds, anyway.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 05 Mar 2015, 12:40:13

Cato
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Cato » 05 Mar 2015, 13:15:05

Cato watches. Cato sees Crassus trying to save someone from the lynch. Cato thinks Crassus protects Smirker or Rictus.
tiptoe softly down those corridors towards the Warehouse

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 13:36:25

That PJ wrote:
Crassus wrote:So, your complaint with me is that I voted for someone, and also I switched my vote. Clearly these are the acts of an evil mastermind - no normal villager would vote, and only the truly demented would switch their vote!

Don't be deliberately obtuse. In a field of bland behavior, unusual behavior stands out.

Most wolves aren't masterminds, anyway.

I'll pull it back a notch or two, because it looks like I'm actually really getting on your nerves. I only really meant to poke a bit.

But to be serious for a moment, many noticeable things can be "wolfy," but I don't find it's common for wolves to often go for unusual behavior in a field of bland. What I do often see is wolves feeling like they have to give reasons for their votes more often than villagers.

Caesar
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Caesar » 05 Mar 2015, 15:15:20

That PJ has the ears of the Iulii, as does Rekard. Crassus can be given one day pass today, for it is Smirker that the people want, our fallen tribune Smirkulus Maximus Wolfimus. Please join me in sending him on a most excellent retirement.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 05 Mar 2015, 15:36:46

Cam-chase

(I'm headed out to drink with some British officers, they said something about a pint. Doubt I'll be back before EOD.)
Charming, to the last.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 16:05:41

I show:

Cam_Chase : 2 : Visigoth, Rictus
Crassus : 2 : That PJ, Cato
rekard : 2 : Smirker, Snake
Smirker : 2 : rekard, Caesar
That PJ : 2 : Crassus, Okaros

No vote recorded (4) : blindsniper83, Cam_Chase, Mister E. Meat, Omega

Cam_Chase
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Cam_Chase » 05 Mar 2015, 16:18:25

Crassus

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 05 Mar 2015, 16:18:50

[[damn working from home. I have to do a lot more than eleven in the office.]

I'll go ahead and call me clean with you all . Rekard is an enemy of the town. He absolutely must be lynched today. I was going to wait another day before stating this, but if we only have a couple of misses left before the enemies win; it'd be better to try and get the only enemy I've found so far. I unfortunately prayed to the lord (seered) for clarity on ICB; but the information came slightly too late.

It seems selfish, but I'd ask for the guardian angel to watch over me tonight while I pray.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 16:27:15

Interesting. Mr. Smirker claims divine inspiration? Let us see whether he plays us false or true.

rekard.

(( My count of two mislynches left is based on the fact that there are 14 of us and Neckless had five beasts in the opening post today. Barring inevitable surprises, that puts us two mislynches from parity. ))

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 16:29:06

Ouch, I think that reveal was too early, Smirker. We have two misses before Lynch or Lose. (You weren't saying you were doing it because you worried about being in danger, but that isn't a concern either since I was likely to switch to Cam here.)

Rekard.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 16:30:58

Crassus wrote:Ouch, I think that reveal was too early, Smirker. We have two misses before Lynch or Lose.

((No, we're two misses from parity and a loss. With 5 wolves, we're at 9 humans 5 wolves right now. If 2 humans die tonight, that puts us at lynch or lose tomorrow with 7 v 5. ))

Edit: We do need to be aware of the possibility that the Miller is in play, which is why I think it's good that Smirker revealed a day "early". At lynch-or-lose the Miller could lose the game for us.

This also means that if Smirker's pulling a fake seer claim it's super-important for the real seer to counter-claim today.
Last edited by Okaros on 05 Mar 2015, 16:37:54, edited 1 time in total.

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 16:37:37

Mmmmmmm...

Yes I think that's right. I took 3 off the player list for today's deaths, but I didn't account for Ryvvn+Zark. I blame Necklessone. I had to go over it like 4 times before I figured out what I missed.

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 16:38:55

If there's a counter claim, it can come tomorrow, too. We'd be just as stuck trying to decide which one is real.

-edit-
Not saying it *should* come tomorrow. Just that participation near the deadline hasn't been what it once was around here.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 16:44:21

We should also appeal to our Lord for guidance from the spirit of Reverend Lesson.

Lord, grant us your divine wisdom in the form of a message from our dearly departed Reverend. Are there any powers that have been kept from our town?

The Rules Thread wrote:Starting on Day 3, information will be provided on what roles are not present.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 05 Mar 2015, 16:44:58

Crassus wrote:I blame Necklessone.

I'd blame on the fact that running the game from a tablet has been more difficult than anticipated, but I've always been bad at updating the player list.

And Okaros, I just answered your prayers in the rules thread.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 05 Mar 2015, 16:48:02

rekard : 4 : Smirker, Snake, Okaros, Crassus
Crassus : 3 : That PJ, Cato, Cam_Chase
Smirker : 2 : rekard, Caesar

No vote recorded (3) : Omega, blindsniper83, Mister E. Meat

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 16:49:45

Hallelujah! Our prayers are answered!

(( Interesting that we haven't seen any vote manipulations yet, assuming they'd show up in the tally in some fashion. Sad that we have a Miller in play. :flail: ))

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 05 Mar 2015, 16:54:45

Vote manipulations will be in the tally.

Cam_Chase
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Cam_Chase » 05 Mar 2015, 16:56:28

vote manipulation? False voting to change someones vote.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 05 Mar 2015, 17:00:45

More basic. Doubling the worth of their vote or reducing votes on them by one. Always one or the other; criteria for which they can use may change from Liar to Liar.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 05 Mar 2015, 17:01:32

Crassus for meow, cause ties look great
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 17:03:05

Blindsniper83 wrote:Crassus for meow, cause ties look great

With Smirker's divine guidance assisting us is this really the vote you wish to cast?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 17:04:17

(( Working these up now. I've colored rekard purpleypink and Smirker orange to indicate their probable-but-not-yet-confirmed states. Confirmed humans are colored blue. ))

[+] Day Two Colored Vote Chart
blindsniper83 : 4 : Ryvvn, That PJ, Cato, Cam_Chase
Ryvvn : 4 : Snake, blindsniper83, Omega, Smirker
Cam_Chase : 3 : Okaros, Rictus, 7-zark-7
Meta4 : 3 : RaveBomb, Crassus, Visigoth
Crassus : 2 : rekard, Caesar
Mister E. Meat : 1 : Meta4
Omega : 1 : Iron Clad Burrito
RaveBomb : 1 : Mister E. Meat

[+] Day Three Colored Vote Chart
Meta4 : 4 : RaveBomb, Omega, Crassus, Cam_Chase
rekard : 2 : Smirker, Rictus
Rictus : 2 : Cato, Mister E. Meat
Smirker : 2 : Iron Clad Burrito, blindsniper83

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2015, 17:32:09

Then this means I'm the miller or Smirker is trying to pull some fake seer ploy because I am human. I think it's the first because doing a fake seer at this moment is pretty unlikely since it would mean killing a human and revealing himself to die the next day. Only reason for pulling a wolf seer ploy is if Crassus were a wolf along with Smirker to protect him but that just sounds extreme.

Only thing I know is that I'm merely a human.

I'll switch to Crassus

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 05 Mar 2015, 17:38:27

My tally:

Crassus : 5 : That PJ, Cato, Cam_Chase, blindsniper83, rekard
rekard : 4 : Smirker, Snake, Okaros, Crassus
Smirker : 1 : Caesar

No vote recorded (2) : Mister E. Meat, Omega

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 17:39:21

Wow, if I get actively killed while a seer has claimed without counter, y'all will deserve to lose.

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 17:46:53

Hey, do us a favor, and after you've cleared out rekard, get rid of Blindsniper, will you? I don't think he's got any excuse for this blatant wolf move.

Note to vigilantes: I think your shot doesn't change parity unless there's also a wolf vig and you miss. Killing rekard would be pretty bad right now, because there's no time to put a second up that isn't human, but hopefully the targets are more clear tomorrow. And if I'm dead as it looks like, shoot rekard tomorrow, pretty please. Early enough that you can get back to voting.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 05 Mar 2015, 17:48:41

rekard as I almost believe Crassus although it's pretty ballsy.

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 17:50:21

I'm not sure why believing me is even necessary.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 05 Mar 2015, 17:52:30

with vote manipulation potential, we need to scale the vote on rekard accordingly. While i was tenative on reporting it due to the 9at the time ) potential Miller role being in play -- i find it very unlikley a miller wouldn't have been informed of their role, thus alleviating that concern from my mind.

Regardless, it's late and hopefully things will work out for the town's favor.

[e: edited an egregious typo]
Last edited by Smirker on 05 Mar 2015, 17:59:35, edited 1 time in total.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 05 Mar 2015, 17:55:37

rekard

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 05 Mar 2015, 17:56:19

I think we can eliminate the possibility that rekard is the Miller without having been told it.

Subject: Rules and Questions
necklessone wrote:All special players received a PM entitled "A funny thing happened last night" early in Day 2 describing their power. The following specials are/were in play:

Return to “The Town Commons”