Day 8: The Final Sacrifice (also, Tuesday)

Your bloody business is best not discussed in the house of the Lord.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 8: The Final Sacrifice (also, Tuesday)

Postby necklessone » 09 Mar 2015, 18:12:48

The town by the edge of Lake Wolveslyeetya is beginning to feel like a ghost town. So many have been lost to the fowl menace or the purifying flames in the past day. Mass burnings seemed like a good idea at first. More efficient. But also sloppy. Cam_chase was actually able to break his bonds and fled screaming into the lake. He was never seen again.

Cam_chase - Villager, Lynched

The chickens have also grown bolder. Rictus was taken in broad daylight. When asked what happened, all witnesses could remember was two tall men in hats walking arm in wing with him.

Rictus - Human Liar, Mauled

The villagers could lose today.

Cam_Chase : 5 : Crassus, That PJ, Cato, Rictus, Visigoth
Cato : 2 : Omega, Cam_Chase

No vote recorded (1) : Mister E. Meat

Crassus voted for Cam_Chase
That PJ voted for Cam_Chase
Cato voted for Cam_Chase
Omega voted for Cato
Rictus voted for Cam_Chase
Visigoth voted for Cam_Chase
Cam_Chase voted for Cato

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Re: Day 8: The Final Sacrifice (also, Tuesday)

Postby Crassus » 09 Mar 2015, 19:50:37

Well, poop.

On the topic of me, I'm not sure why people are treating my role claim as something I'm hanging a "that's why I must be human" sign on. I never claimed that my being a Liar meant I couldn't be a wolf, though it is true that I'm human. I was just laying it out because from my point of view I was treating Rictus as most-likely-a-human because I expected the roles needed to be human-slanted with the number of wolves we had. Which is 5 wolves in 19 people. 20 started the game Day 1, but the game didn't really start until Day 2.

And now as I said before, I had been putting a lot of my reputation on Cam being a wolf. I've chased him for several days, and lo, it was not correct. I was almost swayed by his human sounding defeatism towards the end, but then I remembered we'd never really seen Cam pushed to defend himself as a wolf, so I let it ride. If this gets me killed, I figure I'll own a healthy chunk of the human loss personally.

My second place wolf candidate from yesterday was Omega, and I don't see a reason to not go with that. There is the significant chance that we're missing something important, like for instance the Miller wasn't informed of their role so MEM's claim is wrong, or something on that order. But for me, I'm going with the more likely "ordinary" wolf candidate.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 09 Mar 2015, 20:09:07

I'm sorry I missed the vote all. In my mind, Omega is the only logical choice as I can't imagine they wouldn't have put someone on Cato for the late push unless of course we had two wolves up for lynch in which case all my reasoning goes out the window.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 10 Mar 2015, 07:14:04

Put me down for Omega as well.

I do think Cato and Omega are the most likely final wolves, though.

Also, the mauling of Rictus seems like a really, really odd move. We have Visigoth, who's a confirmed human, and me, who I feel (in biased fashion) is pretty clearly human. Why not kill one of us? Especially after a missed maul, they should know who the GA was protecting that night. Did they want to remove the human Liar because they've got more vote-manipulation up their sleeve? Is that an attempt to cast doubt on Crassus? Was it an actual Crassus move (seems too obvious)?

These are things that bother me but haven't given me cause to alter course so far.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 10 Mar 2015, 08:41:46

My guess is that Rictus had been their blocked target. That's good news for us because it means they weren't mauling the GA at the time, and they don't know who he is yet.

Cato
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Cato » 10 Mar 2015, 11:24:34

Cato feels like Cato is missing something, somewhere. Cato was certain that Cam_Chase was a wolf. By process of elimination, Cato is certain that retracted-for-science-was-Omega is a wolf, but Cato's certainty is less certain now.
Last edited by Cato on 10 Mar 2015, 17:36:07, edited 1 time in total.
tiptoe softly down those corridors towards the Warehouse

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 10 Mar 2015, 13:15:25

Well, that Omega fellow seems to be a foul actor.

:roll:

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 10 Mar 2015, 13:48:07

I had some doubts but now I don't. I get the frustration when you're bandwagonned on. And if we lose, I take a non-trivial amount of responsibility. But the only way we lose is if Cato is a wolf too and we had two wolves up for lynch AND all the late votes that came to put Cato in a tie were human which seems rather unlikely.

Crassus
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Crassus » 10 Mar 2015, 14:02:03

What day are you talking about, MEM? I'm having a hard time parsing that post.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 10 Mar 2015, 14:10:14

Well, that is a convincing argument against lynching you. I'll have to think about it some more to decide which way to go now.

I've decided to stick with Omega. I'll simply blame everyone else if we lose.

Mister E. Meat, what late votes? Are you talking about yesterday since Cato only got 2 votes, Omega and Cam_Chase. Cam_Chase's vote seems rather obvious a vote and Omega voted on him after Cam_Chase already had three votes and was likely to pick-up more. So a pretty safe vote there. Or are you talking about Day 6 in which Cato did pick-up some late votes which put him at risk. Well we already know that Snake was a wolf and seeing as he was getting votes him voting on Cato made sense since the only other person with votes was That PJ and he'd just shot a wolf. Wouldn't be a wise move for a wolf to vote on the Vig so he was pretty much stuck with Cato. Cam_Chase was the third vote on Cato and we know he was a human. So if Omega is a wolf does it explain away Cato, I don't think so, but it might help his argument.

Of course if we lean towards Cato being a human the only people left are those that have soft-claimed. We know a Miller is in the game which you've claimed which is a human role so let's move you to that side since no one has counterclaimed you. That leaves Crassus as a Liar and That PJ as the Vig. Now it's possible that either one of them could be a wolf, but the odds of That PJ being a wolf is very low since why kill a wolf when they could have easily pushed it over to a wolf win so let's put him in the human column. That leaves Crassus which could be even lying about being a Liar since there's no one left to verify it. Now looking at the votes if Omega does flip wolf I think Cato's votes look a bit more wolfy due to position and who was voting on who than Crassus. Also his recent posts have felt a bit like wanting to make everyone happy and agreeing with how everyone else was voting which a wolf might do as a way to gain favor and be taken to the end by the humans.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 10 Mar 2015, 16:21:57

I'm talking about Sunday when Cato went from one vote from me to having 4 votes all in the course of about 2 hours. Like I said, it's entirely possible that it was coincidence or that Cato is a chicken (but if so, why push snake instead of another person?) but it seems more likely to me there was some post in the wolf forum from Snake to try to save him.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 10 Mar 2015, 16:27:26

That PJ being a wolf is very low since why kill a wolf when they could have easily pushed it over to a wolf win so let's put him in the human column.

Agreed. I mean, it's theoretically possible if he thought he was near being lynched that he would do it to gain cred but incredibly unlikely given he was at 1 vote at the time of the shot.

I'm human. I know you're human. I think Crassus is but I also agree that it is Omega->Cato->Crassus in terms of suspicion. I am upset about the missed vote on my part yesterday but I don't know if I would have pushed off of cam_chase and even if I did if it would have changed anything. I feel like I might have said something but still voted cam in the end.

Cato
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Cato » 10 Mar 2015, 17:35:36

Cato has been thinking about who is lying about role. Cato is not wolf. Cato knows who Guardian is. If Cato was wolf, only one person could be Guardian, Guardian would be dead. Cato has known this since everyone tells roles.

Crassus could be Liar, could be not. Cato thinks he will move vote to Crassus, hopes Crassus might be here. If Crassus is Liar, he can prove easily. May still be wolf Liar, Cato is unsure. Cato wishes he had thought of this earlier.

ThatPJ could be wolf, but Cato is not Vigilante. Cato thinks it odd that only Vigilante is wolf. Cato thinks ThatPJ speaks truth.

MEM could be wolf, but that means that Cato would be Miller. Cato is unsure if Miller would know he is Miller. Rules seem to say yes, but Cato thinks that odd.
tiptoe softly down those corridors towards the Warehouse

Return to “The Town Commons”