Page 1 of 1

The Final Battle

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 16:33:54
by necklessone
The village by Lake Wolvesyleetya is a smoldering pile of ash. The graveyard is full of freshly filled graves. Only the church stands; a fitting place for the final battle with evil.

The four remaining villagers are standing in a rough circle with whatever weapons they could find. That PJ wields his spent rifle like a club. Mister E. Meat has a sharp hoe. Crassus found a trident somewhere. And finally Cato has a shovel clutched nervously.

The standoff could have lasted for hours if not for a gust of wind (the departed Rev. Lessons would have said the Hand of the Lord). This fateful gust swirled around the rubble before blowing through the survivors. Coats were rustled, eyes were dried (and subsequently blinked), and all three men and one chicken had their hats knocked off.

"You!" yelled Mister E. Meat as puffs of flour blew off his stained pants.

"I knew it," lied Crassus.

"Get him!" screamed That PJ angrily.

"Bawk?," clucked Cato.

And it was all over but the bludgeoning. And stabbing.

Cato, Giant Chicken - Lynched

HUMANS WIN!

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 16:36:29
by necklessone
Thanks for playing, folks. I think I have things opened up.

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 17:06:20
by That PJ
Yeah! Go team!

Thank you for putting my head back on straight and preventing me from steering us astray.

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 17:20:45
by Crassus
Yay humans!

That PJ wrote:Thank you for putting my head back on straight and preventing me from steering us astray.

All credit for that goes to MEM. I'm pretty sure I was only hurting my case. And the worst part is, I can't even wolf nearly as convincingly as I human!

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 17:32:31
by That PJ
You really were, lol... ADMETUS!

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 17:33:03
by Cato
Good game all, that was an uphill battle for us from role-reveal day - think we had it until the combo Vig + GA, so all due credit to the specials this game.

Thanks for the game necklessone.

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 21:08:58
by Mister E. Meat
Thanks necklessone for running the game. I'm glad I made the right call. Cato you definitely had me swindled until mid-Monday and you probably could have pulled it off if you had played less "I'll agree with whatever you say as long as it isn't my name," on Tuesday and Wednesday. Even going into today, I wasn't certain you were the last wolf and I locked because I wanted to see the game end. But then you replied with the list that waffled and Crassus just felt human in his own defense. I think you'd have been better off coming out swinging when you had two locked votes on you. A "this is going to cost us the game" instead of "I'm not sure who is the last wolf." Because a human knows that he's human but we're all not sure.

Reading this again, it sounds harsher than I mean it to. You definitely didn't throw the game or anything - you guys were dealt a tough hand in the second half of the game. On the one hand, you had all the seered and soft-claimed humans and on the other you had the GA hiding in the unclaimed roles.

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 06:07:55
by That PJ
Yeah, Cato was very close to being convincing in the end there. Well done, DOM.

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 06:59:07
by DastardlyOldMan
Mister E. Meat wrote:Thanks necklessone for running the game. I'm glad I made the right call. Cato you definitely had me swindled until mid-Monday and you probably could have pulled it off if you had played less "I'll agree with whatever you say as long as it isn't my name," on Tuesday and Wednesday. Even going into today, I wasn't certain you were the last wolf and I locked because I wanted to see the game end. But then you replied with the list that waffled and Crassus just felt human in his own defense. I think you'd have been better off coming out swinging when you had two locked votes on you. A "this is going to cost us the game" instead of "I'm not sure who is the last wolf." Because a human knows that he's human but we're all not sure.

Reading this again, it sounds harsher than I mean it to. You definitely didn't throw the game or anything - you guys were dealt a tough hand in the second half of the game. On the one hand, you had all the seered and soft-claimed humans and on the other you had the GA hiding in the unclaimed roles.

Yeah, I never do well at the "this is going to cost us the game" approach - I can never get that to sound convincing.

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 09:45:48
by rekard
I would like to extend some thanks to my homies sphenodont, DOM, Omega, Clear and Snake for helping me enact some long awaited justice.

About the Miller t thing, I was unsure how to proceed because the rules contradicted my logic of why the Miller would be played so I couldn't go at full strength with why would I be the Miller which also made MEM vote for me.

But besides that small blunder (and lovers a bit), it was still a good closer game.

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 19:09:07
by Smirker
Thanks again for running the game necklessone and the amusing theme and OPs. :)

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 16 Mar 2015, 08:43:35
by 7-zark-7
DastardlyOldMan wrote:I never do well at the "this is going to cost us the game" approach - I can never get that to sound convincing.


I'd just like to point out that I really enjoyed the day 1 mechanic:
Image

First off, it was interesting that this meant it was kind-of a conversion game:
Subject: Between Life and Death

Pompey wrote:Well... okay, then. I think it's only fair to get Caesar and Cato on board, since they've already got the plumage. rekard is already pure evil, so he's in. We'll bring his partner-in-crime Snake in, too. And we'll round out the party with our Bonus Bird: Omega.


And I admit, I enjoy conversion games more than is probably healthy.

Second, even with his mask, DOM's record of being picked in conversion games seems to be unbroken:

the masked chickens wrote:Pompey = sphendont
Cato = DastardlyOldMan (not a vote)
Crassus = Admetus
Caesar = Clearasday


Thank you again for the game Necklessone it was fun.

More in a bit,

7z7

Re: The Final Battle

Posted: 16 Mar 2015, 11:01:05
by DastardlyOldMan
7-zark-7 wrote:Second, even with his mask, DOM's record of being picked in conversion games seems to be unbroken:
the masked chickens wrote:Pompey = sphendont
Cato = DastardlyOldMan (not a vote)
Crassus = Admetus
Caesar = Clearasday


Nooooo!! The curse was supposed to be broken with The World's End, when I ~pre-engineered my own lynching on Day 2 :lol:

Of course, two games later I became a Duck, and then Fenris at Ragnarok, and . . . . yeah, curse is still around :D