Day 2

The masses are getting restless
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 2

Postby Clearasday » 09 Jun 2015, 17:39:37

Maul is especially disdainful of the Robin costume. Is it just because of his deep-seated hatred for the colours yellow and green and/or birds in general? Or is it because he's a little bit jealous? We'll likely never know.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Jun 2015, 17:42:55

Yay to Lax Gun Control

Nay to all other current proposals (because they are many and long winded and don't sound like a particularly good time)

Nay to overthrowing King RaveBomb!

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 09 Jun 2015, 17:44:40

Holy shit is the a bad game to try and play on a tablet. Need a keyboard and notepad to keep track of all of this.

Bat Rekard for King: Nay
Arm the citizenry!: Nay, too insane.
Simplified Amendments: Nay. Would have been in favor, but I love the idea of riders.
Let's get some executions up in here: Nay.
The Batman Amendment: Nay.

Vigilante restrictions: Yay.
Simpler succession: Yay.
The 'Anti-Admetus' Proposal: Yay. Put it all out there at once.
The No Paperwork or Children Left Behind Amendment: Yay.

Still working on getting caught up. Don't think I have anything to propose today.

Edit: So lets see. I'm anti gun, pro big government pork, against the death penalty, and pro social services. Guess I need a donkey avatar.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 09 Jun 2015, 18:11:16

Yeah, there's too many words for me to understand here.

I saw something about guns, though. I like guns. So yes to whatever that one guy said about givin' guns to everyone.

A big'ol HELL NAW to all the other words, cuz I don't know what they mean.

Guys, Ricky Burrito should be the king. I have my roots whee Elvis did. Elvis! Y'all can't tell Ricky Burrito that that doesn't give me some kind of royal blood. 'Sides, I heard Rekard liked crepes. I don't like that stuff. This is Murica, these colors don't run!

If I'm king, I'll give all y'all t-shirts, like that one where the flag is in the background and the eagle is sheddin' a tear. Or that one where the wolves are howling at the moon. Wolves are badass. Or maybe Ed Hardy shirts. He makes badass designs. And his brothers Matt and Jeff are excellent pro wrasslers. Also if I'm president... two words. Bigass flamethrowers.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 09 Jun 2015, 18:13:25

necklessone wrote:*eep* Sorry I missed day 1; I hadn't checked in in a few days and I guess PM reminders remain broken?

((Seems that way. I'll do some looking and yank Computer's chain if I find anything. Sorry about that. It's odd, because we've proven the mass email system works, just the PM notifications are failing.))

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 09 Jun 2015, 19:07:25

CAD wrote:Actually Maul also wants to vote yes on Simplify Amendments and didn't want to make a new post about it. Because he's not Admetus.

Slow down there, LEGO man. That was way too many posts for me to read through! I'm just a simple peasant, we're not known for our literacy. Or our strong grasp of policy making.

ICB wrote:Guys, Ricky Burrito should be the king. I have my roots whee Elvis did. Elvis! Y'all can't tell Ricky Burrito that that doesn't give me some kind of royal blood. 'Sides, I heard Rekard liked crepes. I don't like that stuff. This is Murica, these colors don't run!

If I'm king, I'll give all y'all t-shirts, like that one where the flag is in the background and the eagle is sheddin' a tear. Or that one where the wolves are howling at the moon. Wolves are badass. Or maybe Ed Hardy shirts. He makes badass designs. And his brothers Matt and Jeff are excellent pro wrasslers. Also if I'm president... two words. Bigass flamethrowers.

I also vote ICB for King! I can vote for more than one king, right? I'd like to vote for both!

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 09 Jun 2015, 19:15:39

So I was just re-reading the rules in the signup thread (for like the fifth time today), and I'm wondering if Dystopia would mind clarifying something.

If we pass, say for instance, the everyone's a vigilante thing. That "replaces the existing constitution," meaning there would be no king at all, and no imprisonment/execution at all? Just vigilantes?

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 09 Jun 2015, 19:24:05

Clearasday wrote:
rekard wrote:You only had to ask.Vote for Batman and you will be rewarded.

Maul did ask. Yesterday. Explicitly. And he voted for you. And in return you said you'd name MEM to Maul's coveted position. BETRAYAL MOST FOUL.

Were Maul's words not clear Jedi-pigdog?

Maul does not forgive, Maul does not forget. If you want this Sith's help its your turn to do something.

I'm just saying that microscopic creatures distributing swords or sabres or some sort of strange staff/sword hybrid is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical youngling ceremony.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 09 Jun 2015, 19:34:49

Admetus wrote:So I was just re-reading the rules in the signup thread (for like the fifth time today), and I'm wondering if Dystopia would mind clarifying something.

If we pass, say for instance, the everyone's a vigilante thing. That "replaces the existing constitution," meaning there would be no king at all, and no imprisonment/execution at all? Just vigilantes?

I believe it's (and all rekard's ideas) listed as an amendment right now, not as a replacement constitution.

Bat rekard for king? I'll allow it - YEA with the caveat that I'm Nightwing, not some tiny Dick.
Simplified amendments: I do not eat pork. YEA
Losing ones head sponsored by Guy O'Tine? YEA
Simpler succession? Plurality means we're all equally unhappy YEA
Anti-Admetus? You know it. YEA
The No Paperwork or Children Left Behind Amendment: YEA

Arm everyone? Only with Nightwingarangs - NAY

The Batman Amendment: Don't care.

Does anyone else find it odd we have a Dark Knight and a Michael Knight but not a regular night?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 09 Jun 2015, 20:24:15

Mister E. Meat wrote:Does anyone else find it odd we have a Dark Knight and a Michael Knight but not a regular night?

Ni
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 09 Jun 2015, 21:49:10

I'm thinking the nay votes for king don't count but would need Dystopia to say what's what

Dystopia
Overlord Emeritus

Postby Dystopia » 09 Jun 2015, 22:02:42

Admetus wrote:So I was just re-reading the rules in the signup thread (for like the fifth time today), and I'm wondering if Dystopia would mind clarifying something.

Yeah, that was an oversight on my part. I'm going to make a rule on the fly and say that it replaces the existing constitution to the extent that it conflicts with it. After all everyone is a vigilante doesn't mean there can't also be a king and executions and stuff.

rekard wrote:I'm thinking the nay votes for king don't count but would need Dystopia to say what's what

I'm going to count them as votes for the incumbent, but in future no nay votes for public office. You're electing a person, not voting down a bill, so voting nay doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 09 Jun 2015, 22:03:33

arming the population? now we're talking revolutions, I heard it can help, according to my mate Marcos. Yay to the "arm the citizens" proposal. Nay to everything else

EDIT:stupid phone
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 10 Jun 2015, 01:28:02

Anti-Admetus - Yay
All other - Nay

Return to “Paris”