Day 4

The masses are getting restless
Dystopia
Overlord Emeritus

Day 4

Postby Dystopia » 11 Jun 2015, 06:03:59

It's an exciting day today in the young democracy, for today is election day.

*15 solid minutes of gunfire*

We really should stop using rifle ranges as polling places. What's that? We didn't? I see...

...Anyway. Here's the returning officer now.

"RaveBomb, Bunga-bunga and Pancake party: no votes"

That was to be expected given the assassination.

"Admetus, Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid party: no votes"

*blows raspberry and cackles stupidly*

"rekard the Toddler, Whig: No votes"

Oooh, now there's a shock.

"Aldax, Inedible Turnip party: 1 vote"

His mother always votes for him, even though she's not registered. It's very sad the way the police always have to drag her out.

"ICB, Burrito party: 16,586 votes"

And lets have a word with the voter. Wait, you're the voter as well?

"And a very busy one at that"

1 voter, 16,587 votes. Bit of a discrepancy, no?

"Not at all. The large number of votes reflects the quality of the candidates. This used to be a rotten borough, but as you can see it's clean now"

So what does the 'B' stand for anyway?

"Bugger off"

Well none of my business I suppose. And there you have it. I think I speak for all of us when I say I hope this result truly reflects the will of the electorate.

Results

The Term Limits and Official Powers Amendment:
1) Instead of a King, we shall have a democratically elected President with a 2 day term limit - to be elected via traditional vote
2) The second runner up of this initial vote will be the Vice President.
3) Should the President be unable to complete their term (there are a lot of guns out there) The Vice President will complete the original term.
4) The president will decide who is executed, and must do so at least once during their 2 day term.
5) The Vice President will decide ties facing any amendments proposed
6) The Vice President may pardon the president should he feel the need to choose himself for execution
7) At the end of the 2 day term, neither party is eligible for re-election
8) After their terms are served, both President & Vice President will have their avatars emblazoned upon commemorative plates available through exclusive television offers.

Admetus - imprisoned (radical 60%)
That PJ - mauled (peasant)
ICB - elected President
Aldax - elected Vice President

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 4

Postby Clearasday » 11 Jun 2015, 06:07:36

Maul likes this new president. Maul approves of very obvious and open voter-fraud. Now tell Maul, what policies will you enact that will bring chaos and death to the galaxy?
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 11 Jun 2015, 08:44:19

First of all, I just wanna say

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

I mean, I knew that I piss excellence. I didn't know if y'all knew what I know, though. You know?

Second...

Clearasday wrote:Maul likes this new president. Maul approves of very obvious and open voter-fraud. Now tell Maul, what policies will you enact that will bring chaos and death to the galaxy?

three words: Taco Bell strategery.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 11 Jun 2015, 08:53:56

The policies of the previous failed administration seem to be radicalizing me. About 60%, it appears.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 11 Jun 2015, 09:36:25

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:First of all, I just wanna say

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

I mean, I knew that I piss excellence. I didn't know if y'all knew what I know, though. You know?

Second...

Clearasday wrote:Maul likes this new president. Maul approves of very obvious and open voter-fraud. Now tell Maul, what policies will you enact that will bring chaos and death to the galaxy?

three words: Taco Bell strategery.

tacos?

i will agree to this, only if taco bell fire sauce is imported in
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 11 Jun 2015, 12:55:37

Not a lot of activity today. Who's getting executed? Are there any more proposals for government?

I guess I'll reintroduce mine from yesterday?

Subject: Day 3

Admetus wrote:Constitutional Proposal - Civic Duty
There will be no more kings.
Three people are chosen to be Judges by drawing straws when this Constitution passes. Judges have two things to do:
1: Pick a successor. A Judge serves only one day, but he can pick his successor from among those that have served the fewest terms in office.
2: Vote for an execution. Each Judge picks one person. If any person receives two votes in a day, he's executed.
If a Judge doesn't pick his successor, or picks the same person as another Judge, he will be succeeded by a citizen chosen randomly from among those that have served the fewest terms. If a Judge doesn't vote for a person to execute, he is assumed to have voted for himself.

And as a tag-on rider: Anyone that vigilante shoots a Peasant is sent to jail immediately.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 11 Jun 2015, 17:27:19

Hi, folks, President Ricky Burrito here.

Man, this place is GREAT. Just as nice as my mansion in Slapout, Alabama. And these CARDIGANS. man, I tell you what, I wasn't too sure about them, but they are all warm and make me kinda Presidential-lookin', knowhatimean? I mean, look me in the eye and TELL me that you don't just wanna say "Mister PRESIDENT, SIR!"

Right, so. I promised bigass flamethrowers. See, though, the problem is, I didn't think I'd get elected, and ended up spending the money on oysters. Man alive. Don't ever trust a sign that says "Fresh Oysters" when you're in Bristol. I'm not sure what ocean's near Bristol, but I ain't never been to the beach there. I ended up spending the rest of the money on pepto and gatorade. And Mountain Dew, 'cause it's got that flavor.

But my Veep, Aldax Cheney, has told me that I have to decide on an execution. That sounds like fun, but I'm a little short on time. He's scheduled me to leave tomorrow to go visit ISIS. I've been told that's a spy agency, and I tell you, I'm looking forward to meeting that Pam chick, WOO! She sounds like a hoot and a HALF, let me tell you WHAT, Brother! I'm a little confused, though, I thought they were in New York, but my flight's takin' me to a place called Guitar, or Banjo or somethin' like it.

So I have to kill someone today. Wanna help me choose? I got just the perfect someone in mind, but while everything I touch turns to gold, I kinda figure I'm a man of the people and thought I'd let you suggest somethin'. So LAY IT ON ME! That's what she said! HAHHAAHAHAHAHA!

To me.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH, CAL!

((OOC: I am gonna be out of town tomorrow for most of the day, and could very well decide shooting tonight (my time) is in everyone's best interest since apparently a shot must be taken. Have ideas, but want suggestions with reasons.))

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 11 Jun 2015, 18:03:01

I don't think you have to execute, by law. But I'd appreciate it since the foreigners have three kills and we have none. (Not counting the deaths to sudden lead poisoning.)

If I had a strong idea of who needed killing, I would have shot them myself. You'll have to take your best ... guess.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 11 Jun 2015, 20:17:07

4) The president will decide who is executed, and must do so at least once during their 2 day term.

I think he does have to execute at least once during his term, by law.

Don't look to me to tell you who, though.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 11 Jun 2015, 21:48:59

Man, this makes me remember that time with Raúl and his brother. Now that I have the power I can actually make changes via dialogue, not bullets. The thing is I do not know what to propose to the people.

In the meantime: Civic Duty: NAY
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 11 Jun 2015, 22:26:39

You realize you can't be in power again under this current constitution? I mean, for all the power you seem to have right now anyways.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Jun 2015, 00:15:52

Ryvvn wrote:Yay to Admetus' proposal

Again.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 12 Jun 2015, 02:25:47

I'm just popping in to vote nay on Admetus' Constitutional Proposal - Civic Duty

((Also, I can't sleep, mostly work stuff, and my youngest has been keeping us all up as well)

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 12 Jun 2015, 04:15:46

Hell naw to the proposed stuff. I ain't about changing rules, especially if they're rules that keep me out of power.

There ain't been enough wrecks in Nascar lately, and I know the carnage is what y'all are here for.

We're gonna go ahead and line Clearasday up against the wall, cause we're about the revolution (right?) and Prince ain't here, and that little red glowy sword looks like it could hurt me. And we ain't gonna do that.

(This is the mandatory execution for my term)

Return to “Paris”