7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 6

Postby 7-zark-7 » 15 Jun 2015, 05:02:06

I support the ice cream initiative. Bring on the seer
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 6

Postby 7-zark-7 » 15 Jun 2015, 05:09:16

Admetus wrote:Why has nobody proposed any seer-related constitutions? That's what I'd rather.

Zark, I didn't much care if the wolves handed off to wolves preferentially. I just wanted more information than the monarchy style was providing. At least with three judges you'd get their thoughts on two people per day. Also, there were limits built in to prevent a group from keeping power, they had to pick from among the people that hadn't gone yet. Also, if they were spacing out their people to constantly influence the council, that means they would never have controlled it.

Also, constitutions don't last that long here, so it could have been changed in a day.

You might as well say "in a democracy, the wolves vote, too." Well, yeah.

I agree with the desire for more information. I think it's incredibly myopic to think that the triumvirate doesn't favor the wolves as proposed.

To have a perpetual swing vote (best 2 out of three) where the judges appoint their own successors means that controlling the lynch doesn't require multiple players, or even a train of wolves specifically. It just requires one wolf at the right time to swing the game by choosing a human and appointing someone sympathetic to his successor. If wolf 1 is outed, it's actually favorable to appoint a human as next judge, given he will only serve for a day and will likely get killed for information. That all judges have to pick from successors who haven't held office means it was inevitable the wolves would make the short list, as they hadn't held any office yet.

The thought that "constitutions don't last long" still doesn't incline me to vote for a ill-conceived one. (Forgive the brashness)

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Return to “Paris”