Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Proper Observance of Saint Snausage Day

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 04 Aug 2013, 20:31:27

Rules & Clarifications:

Day votes should be bolded and colored.

Night actions, which almost everyone will have, should be submitted via PM to me. In order to make my life easier, I'd prefer something along the lines of Night 1 Target: <name>. If you wish to change targets, please let me know that you're retracting for ease of sorting - I'll take the latest target, but it's theoretically easier on me if I can get everything in one place.

Day will end at 11pm EDT (GMT-4).

The wolves will have ~15 minutes extra in the Night Forum to react to late-day events.

Copying minutiae from the signup thread:
  • No self-targeting. Self-targets will simply be ignored.
  • Regular powers must be used in the next 24-hour cycle. If you get a vig shot, you either take it or lose it. If you get a seering or PM capability, use it or lose it.
  • The GM will not be a targetable entity at any point in the game.
  • No secret rules or factions - WYSIWYG.
  • I am not coming up with a predefined list of 625+ combinations of powers. I have predefined interactions for the various elements, but there will be some subjectivity in the actual powers based on the words used, and I will use that to balance the game if necessary.
  • Being targeted by all words of a particular element, or by one word of each element, will result in enhanced capabilities, potentially non-temporary.
  • Targets will only know what their gained powers are, not necessarily what words were used. This is to prevent "testing" players on who-did-you-target questions that wolves would not be able to answer.
  • The wolves will have cover words.
  • Missing a vote will result in a loss of both word-targetting and powers for the next 24-hour cycle. Multiple missed votes may result in further penalties, up to and including the Wrath of DOM.
  • PMs may be granted by powers, but will not be available normally.

Feel free to ask further questions, either here or in PM.

e1: PM clarification

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Proper Observance of Saint Snausage Day

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 06 Aug 2013, 19:51:54

Due to the number of players, some small changes - there are now five elements involved in the renewal ritual:

Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Cheese.

Blind Io have mercy on our souls.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Aug 2013, 20:24:36

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Due to the number of players, some small changes - there are now five elements involved in the renewal ritual:

I assume Earth & Air and Fire & Water are still opposed to one another, and that Cheese has no natural opponent amongst the other four?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Aug 2013, 20:29:25

Also, DOM, now that the game's started you should probably unhide yourself.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 06 Aug 2013, 20:29:39

Ozymandias wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:Due to the number of players, some small changes - there are now five elements involved in the renewal ritual:

I assume Earth & Air and Fire & Water are still opposed to one another, and that Cheese has no natural opponent amongst the other four?

Everyone likes Cheese! That is correct, although certain Cheese words may have a ~tendency toward one of the other elements.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Aug 2013, 20:06:12

Rules question: I saw DOM say in the final post for Day 2 that Day 3 will span 48 hours, is that standard for a day cycle falling on a weekend?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 09 Aug 2013, 20:07:43

Ryvvn wrote:Rules question: I saw DOM say in the final post for Day 2 that Day 3 will span 48 hours, is that standard for a day cycle falling on a weekend?

Yeah - we tend to become a ghost town over the weekend. That's very much our standard.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 09 Aug 2013, 20:08:10

Ryvvn wrote:Rules question: I saw DOM say in the final post for Day 2 that Day 3 will span 48 hours, is that standard for a day cycle falling on a weekend?

Yep. Since it's the weekend people are likely doing other things (what I have no idea) than being available to play. So it gives people a little more time to participate.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Aug 2013, 20:10:34

Visigoth wrote:

Yep. Since it's the weekend people are likely doing other things (what I have no idea) than being available to play. So it gives people a little more time to participate.

Actually, I will be away this weekend, so that helps a lot! Although, I would have just kept up to date and continued to play from my phone.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 11 Aug 2013, 20:55:33

Regarding PMs:

Note that PMs cannot be used to establish a means of ~semi-private communication beyond the day in which they are temporarily granted. No code words, hashes, or the like. You or the recipient can certainly drop references to the contents publicly, but you cannot coordinate those references ahead of time. "I agree" or "To the person who sent me the PM: Go to Hell" are valid; "Use the word "cheese" if you want to me to target the fifth player alphabetically" is not.

Unless you are explicitly told that you can reply to a PM, please assume that they are one-way. Any PM-communication should be limited to the day in which it is granted, unless you are explicitly told otherwise.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 12 Aug 2013, 21:17:06

To restate from the Day Thread: The wolves can forgo the maul to more fully utilize their corruption abilities. A subset of wolves can still corrupt while the maul occurs.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 19:56:42

I have a two-part question about the rules, the current state of which I've lost track of:

(1A) Is Conversion of a Human to Wolf still a possible power manifestation for a Wolf?

(1B) If so, would activation of such a conversion power be an example of the type of power that Wolves could not use while simultaneously mauling?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Aug 2013, 19:58:34

Ozymandias wrote:I have a two-part question about the rules, the current state of which I've lost track of:

(1A) Is Conversion of a Human to Wolf still a possible power manifestation for a Wolf?

(1B) If so, would activation of such a conversion power be an example of the type of power that Wolves could not use while simultaneously mauling?

There is the potential for a wolf conversion. It would be a normal power, and could be used while simultaneously mauling.

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 15 Aug 2013, 09:36:13

Rules question: If a player gets lynched or mauled, does his nightly-elemental-PM-power still go into the mix?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Aug 2013, 09:52:41

Anzig wrote:Rules question: If a player gets lynched or mauled, does his nightly-elemental-PM-power still go into the mix?

Lynch no. Maul yes. Words go out before the maul.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 16 Aug 2013, 03:44:09

What amount of missed votes will results in a WoG?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Aug 2013, 05:50:42

((I had been looking at consecutive missed votes, but looking at the overall history - yes, I will give CAD the official WOG'ing when I can snag a bit of time today.))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 18 Aug 2013, 16:47:59

I haven't done so yet, but is it against the rules for me to contact another player out of game to let them know there was a vig shot and they should revote?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Aug 2013, 18:00:05

Ryvvn wrote:I haven't done so yet, but is it against the rules for me to contact another player out of game to let them know there was a vig shot and they should revote?

I'm neutral on it - I don't want out-of-game communications to go too wild, but there's plenty of us that are roommates / RL friends / whatever. No WoG/penalty for not re-voting after a vig kill, of course.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 18 Aug 2013, 18:01:29

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:I haven't done so yet, but is it against the rules for me to contact another player out of game to let them know there was a vig shot and they should revote?

I'm neutral on it - I don't want out-of-game communications to go too wild, but there's plenty of us that are roommates / RL friends / whatever. No WoG/penalty for not re-voting after a vig kill, of course.

I just felt I should give dferr a nudge to check back, is all

Return to “The Banquet Hall”