DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Day 2: Breaking Fast Bad

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Aug 2013, 20:20:20

They say that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. To anyone that actually understands how power works, that's utter rubbish. When the laws of physics are yours to bend at will, you stop focusing on the big things, and your mind regresses to the smallest slights, no matter how minor or imagined.

Unleash a room-full of wizards on one another, and you'll quickly see fireballs being launched over such fierce battle-cries as "You took the last chocolate eclair!" and "That corner office was rightfully mine!"

The Archchancellor nodded from the side of the room. Committee decisions were always interesting. But finally, a judgement had been reached. Ridcully counted out the votes from the official Sorting Fruit Bowl, and turned to the wizards.

"Well then, lads. Fireballs on three.

Rictus."

It may have seemed magical, but human nature created a sudden and intense vaccuum in the space occupied by the flailing wizard, as the others summoned up their best powers. Individually, the mages of Unseen University might squabble and squawk, but once they set their minds in a single direction, they could achieve intense results. Rictus' shielding spells quickly collapsed under the onslaught, and he disappeared beneath a barrage of flame.

Stibbons meekly wandered over to the remaining pile of ashes, and picked up a small emerald. The gem flashed green briefly before crumbling to dust in his hands.

"Stone"

The assembled wizards dispersed to their beds. It was odd how many of their paths took them past Rictus' office, and how many of their nighttime accoutrements included a measuring stick.

---

The next morning, a shriek emitted from the Banquet Hall. As wizards rushed in to check on the safety of the Sanctioned Gravy Bowl, they found Nitestorm lying facedown in the Breakfast Pudding**

Ridcully prodded him a few times, and then proceeded, in great wizardly fashion, to rifle through his pockets. He extracted a small saphhire token, which evaporated into the air as you watched.

"Ripples. What does that even mean?"

**Don't ask. Please don't ever ask.

Rictus: Wizard (Earth:Stone) - Lynched
Nitestorm: Wizard (Water: Ripples) - Mauled

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 2: Breaking Fast Bad

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Aug 2013, 20:22:06

Rictus - 7 - rekard, Iron Clad Burrito, Mortus, Blindsniper83, Hellheart, stigmata, FurinMirado
stigmata - 5 - RaveBomb, sphenodont, Ionitor, Rictus, Anzig
Ionitor - 3 - Wasabi, Omega, necklessone
FurinMirado - 3 - Visigoth, twdog, Smirker
RaveBomb - 2 - Nitestorm, 7-Zark-7
Iron Clad Burrito - 2 - Meta4, Mister E. Meat
San - 2 - Ryvvn, Aldax
Ryvvn - 1 - San
rekard - 1 - Anvilfang

Votes not submitted:

AugenVonSauron
Clearasday

[+] history
stigmata votes for Hellheart (retracted)
Nitestorm votes for RaveBomb
Ozymandias votes for stigmata (retracted)
rekard votes for Rictus
San votes for Ryvvn
Ionitor votes for Wasabi (retracted)
RaveBomb votes for stigmata
dferrantino votes for Ozymandias (retracted)
Wasabi votes for Ionitor
Omega votes for San (retracted)
twdog votes for RaveBomb (retracted)
Meta4 votes for Iron Clad Burrito
Ryvvn votes for San
stigmata votes for RaveBomb (retracted)
Iron Clad Burrito votes for Rictus
Mister E. Meat votes for Iron Clad Burrito
Aldax votes for San
sphenodont votes for stigmata
Anvilfang votes for rekard
Visigoth votes for FurinMirado
Ionitor votes for stigmata
7-Zark-7 votes for RaveBomb
Omega votes for Ionitor
Mortus votes for Rictus
twdog votes for FurinMirado
simple_simon votes for Ozymandias (retracted)
Blindsniper83 votes for Rictus
Anzig votes for Ozymandias (retracted)
Hellheart votes for Rictus
Rictus votes for Wasabi (retracted)
necklessone votes for Ionitor
Smirker votes for FurinMirado
FurinMirado votes for Ionitor
Rictus votes for stigmata
stigmata votes for Rictus
Anzig votes for stigmata

Power PMs will be coming out in the next ~30 minutes.

Smirker
Post Courtesan
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Smirker » 08 Aug 2013, 20:39:02

Nitestorm? They took out Nitestorm "Ripples" Foxglove? Kind of seems like a rude move on the first night. [[IIRC and he stated that he was hoping that he'd not be instakilled this time.]]

[[Love the write-up DOM, I've only read two Discworld books and they were the Color of Magic and.. the one after that.. But, it's coming back to me very dimly on the setting.]]

Well, I'll just start off with a hearty breakfast of beer-battered briscuts and some tapioca pudding.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 08 Aug 2013, 21:01:17

OOC: Sorry to be late to the Party, Very busy days plus Omega just told me about it last night.

Red did not like listening to her fellow wizards squabble so much. She couldn't blame them, after all, if you've got power, use it. If you use it, well that just makes you a bit more special. While it might be true that not everyone is special, this crew seemed to be lining up to have attention paid to them. Red couldn't care less. She needed them to pay attention to her. Her staff glowed in a brilliant crimson hue as she floated into the banquet chamber, one that flushed her hair even more scarlet. As she was late to this sware, she was going to sit back and listen before deciding who deserved to meed her little friend.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Aug 2013, 21:05:31

((All power PMs have been sent.))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 08 Aug 2013, 21:33:46

With a tablet here, so I can't make too many arguments. Redacted. Was Furinmirado it is for now for final vote. Let's poke on that for a second.
Last edited by rekard on 09 Aug 2013, 15:43:34, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 01:35:15

There were TWO voting-related shenanigans at the end of yesterday:

(1) Someone knocked me unconscious, making all votes for and by me invalid. This helped two people:

(a) Me, because I couldn't be lynched. But Rictus had three more votes than me at the time, so I really wasn't in much danger.

(b) Stigmata, because my vote for him no longer counted.

(2) Someone switched FurinMirado's vote from Ionitor to Rictus. This also helped two people:

(a) Ionitor, who was in third place yesterday. But if he made the switch, why not transfer Furin's vote to Stigmata, which is who Ionitor voted for?

(b) Stigmata, who was in 2nd place at the time.

Which means there's a good chance that TWO separate players used powers to help stigmata-- but why would two Humans want to do that? After all, they would have no way of knowing whether stigmata is Human.

Two wolves, on the other hand, would have every reason to try to help stigmata if he were a fellow Wolf.

So for now, I'm going to vote for stigmata, because I think there's a much better than average chance that he's a Wolf.

But if any Human used one of the above two powers, please come forward.

I don't think either of those powers are so great that you have to worry about the Wolves mauling you tonight (out of fear that whichever Elementals targeted you on Night 0 will do so again tonight), so you should be able to reveal your power safely.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 09 Aug 2013, 11:49:50, edited 1 time in total.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 09 Aug 2013, 01:42:39

Ook.

Subtitle: I administered the beating in self defence, because I expected more vote-rigging shenanigans that would make life really difficult because they're so unpredictable on day one. If I wanted you dead, and I were a wolf, I'd have mauled you. The only thing more obvious would be to leave a banana at the scene of the crime.

Seriously, a banana.

Ook.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 01:50:14

stigmata wrote:Ook.

Subtitle: I administered the beating in self defence, because I expected more vote-rigging shenanigans that would make life really difficult because they're so unpredictable on day one. If I wanted you dead, and I were a wolf, I'd have mauled you. The only thing more obvious would be to leave a banana at the scene of the crime.

Seriously, a banana.

Ook.

Interesting. Because yesterday you specifically said you were NOT responsible for my beating:

stigmata wrote:Ook!

Subtitle: Oh shit! I've been framed!

So clearly you were either lying then or you're lying now.

But okay I'll play along: do you still have the ability to knock people unconscious, or was that just a one-shot power that you gained yesterday?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Aug 2013, 01:51:50

Once again Ozy's reasonings appear sound, and likely trustworthy (at least to a newcomer); but while I consider stigmata, I'll start by putting up Rekard, purely for the slight of mispronouncing my name yesterday.
Last edited by Ryvvn on 09 Aug 2013, 19:45:10, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 02:20:03

Two questions for the GM:

(1) Can Elementals PM you with a "perpetual" target-- i.e., they tell you they want to keep targeting a player every night unless they send you a different target? That way, if players forget to PM you on a particular day, they'd still be targeting someone that night.

(2) What's the nighttime order of operations vis-a-vis Elemental targeting and mauls? If Nitestorm tried to target someone last night, would that have been successful?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 03:07:41

So I missed this post from right before DOM announced I got knocked out:

stigmata wrote:*plucks a wayward student from a nearby desk and begins to swing him in a wide, slow arc*

Ook!

Subtitle: Rictus

*hurls the student with all the force an orangutan with an oversensitive survival instinct can muster, producing a small but distinct sonic boom*

and thus now see that stigmata's "I've been framed" comment was obviously a joke.

But I still would like to know:

stigmata, do you still have the ability to knock people unconscious, or was that just a one-shot power that you gained yesterday due to elemental targeting?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 09 Aug 2013, 03:57:28

Yesterday I was given the power to switch a vote. I figured the best course of action was to not use it all unless in self defense and then come clean about it the following day. So for the sake of a clean(er) vote history here is what happened:

I get online late in the day and see that I have acquired 3 votes putting me in 3rd place. I then send a PM to DOM to switch Ryvvn's vote from San to Rictus, the current vote leader. So in the event that I acquire 2 more votes to "tie" with Rictus, he will actually be one vote ahead of me. I figure I'm safe at this point. I publicly vote for Ionitor and went to bed.

However, it was my vote that was switched to Rictus and Ryvvn's vote remained on San. I can only assume I was not only targeted by Earth (and Cheese) but also Shadow.

Also, before you can ask, yes my power was temporary.

Any questions?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 09 Aug 2013, 04:10:41

Ryvvn wrote:Once again Ozy's reasonings appear sound, and likely trustworthy (at least to a newcomer); but while I consider stigmata, I'll start by putting up Rekard, purely for the slight of mispronouncing my name yesterday.

Ryvvn, meet Ozy.

He's an expert manipulator, no matter what team he's on.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 04:27:54

FurinMirado wrote:Yesterday I was given the power to switch a vote. I figured the best course of action was to not use it all unless in self defense and then come clean about it the following day. So for the sake of a clean(er) vote history here is what happened:

I get online late in the day and see that I have acquired 3 votes putting me in 3rd place. I then send a PM to DOM to switch Ryvvn's vote from San to Rictus, the current vote leader. So in the event that I acquire 2 more votes to "tie" with Rictus, he will actually be one vote ahead of me. I figure I'm safe at this point. I publicly vote for Ionitor and went to bed.

However, it was my vote that was switched to Rictus and Ryvvn's vote remained on San. I can only assume I was not only targeted by Earth (and Cheese) but also Shadow.

Any questions?

Thanks for coming forward. The one thing that doesn't quite track for me is, if you felt threatened because you had three votes, why wouldn't you put the fifth vote on stigmata (to create a two-way tie for first) instead of putting the fourth vote on Ionitor?

So that's somewhat suspicious, though I admit it's only incriminating if stigmata turns out to be a Wolf.

I also have a couple of other questions:

(a) Why do you think Earth was involved instead of Water (which DOM specifically associated with vote manipulation in the rules)?

(b) Why do you think Cheese was the second Element (as opposed to say, Water and Earth)?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 09 Aug 2013, 04:28:45

dferrantino wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Once again Ozy's reasonings appear sound, and likely trustworthy (at least to a newcomer); but while I consider stigmata, I'll start by putting up Rekard, purely for the slight of mispronouncing my name yesterday.

Ryvvn, meet Ozy.

He's an expert manipulator, no matter what team he's on.

He doesn't even have to choose to play. Poor twdog had to process several dozen Ozymandias notes in the Innsmouth TWG :P

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 09 Aug 2013, 05:17:38

Ozymandias wrote:
Subtitle: Oh shit! I've been framed!

So clearly you were either lying then or you're lying now.

Ook. Yes.

But okay I'll play along: do you still have the ability to knock people unconscious, or was that just a one-shot power that you gained yesterday?

Ook ook. I'm a freakin' orangutan, dude, occasionally I toss students and Bursars around the place. I can't kill people, though, because I have a strong moral backbone and am easily distracted.
Last edited by stigmata on 09 Aug 2013, 05:20:43, edited 1 time in total.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 09 Aug 2013, 05:20:28

Ozymandias wrote:Two questions for the GM:

(1) Can Elementals PM you with a "perpetual" target-- i.e., they tell you they want to keep targeting a player every night unless they send you a different target? That way, if players forget to PM you on a particular day, they'd still be targeting someone that night.

(2) What's the nighttime order of operations vis-a-vis Elemental targeting and mauls? If Nitestorm tried to target someone last night, would that have been successful?

(1) I would not be opposed to a "perpetual" targetting.

(2) Words go out before the maul, so Nitestorm's word-ing would have been successful.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 09 Aug 2013, 05:22:57

rolls out from under a table, shivering and soaked in his own tears

I thought we were voting for a-a-a party game, or a trick, or an impression, maybe even some sort of spell. Then after all the votes are tallied, I find out that Rictus is a wizard, and then I find out that Rictus is...is...

watches mournfully as a handful of ashes slowly sifts from his hands to the floor

And then another wizard dies this morning and they all say it's a night storm but I was up all night and there wasn't even any rain and I'm sure if there had been rain I would've heard it so something else must have done it but everybody just gives each other knowing looks and won't tell me what's going on I can still understand most things even though I'm not really a wizard so I don't know why they

bends over and gasps for breath, then swings around and glares at Ozymandias

And then YOU come in and start talking, and talking, and talking. Why do you need to know whether the mo...whisperwhisperwhisper...orangutan can beat up more than one person in a week? Then you go and accuse an orangutan of being a wolf, which is the most absurd thing I've ever heard in my life. Then you want everyone who used a power to come forward, and everytime anybody answers anything there's more and more questions.

Two people DIED in the last 12 hours and you come in here without giving either of them a second glance and start acting like this is some sort of...of...game!

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 05:39:32

stigmata wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:But okay I'll play along: do you still have the ability to knock people unconscious, or was that just a one-shot power that you gained yesterday?

Ook ook. I'm a freakin' orangutan, dude, occasionally I toss students and Bursars around the place.

So based on this response, stigmata is clearly claiming to be the Non-Elemental role of the Librarian.

Here's what DOM said about these roles in the rules:

DastardlyOldMan wrote:If there are an odd number of players to fit the elemental scheme, there will be some ~special roles ... The Librarian, CMOT Dibbler, Rincewind, and the Luggage are being entertained at this point, but I'll define those as the need arises.

What's interesting about this quote is that I also have a Non-Elemental Role, but I am not one of the above four.

I am Mrs. Whitlow, Head Housekeeper/Cook of Unseen University.

Which means there are probably at least three other Non-Elemental Roles: Dibbler, Rincewind, and the Luggage.

I think it might be a good idea for all other Non-Elementals to role-claim today, because this will make it harder for the four or five Shadow Elemental Wolves to role claim as Non-Elementals later in the game.

It's actually kind of in your own self-interest to role claim, because the Wolves will likely only want to maul Elementals.

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 09 Aug 2013, 06:08:16

Ozymandias wrote:It's actually kind of in your own self-interest to role claim, because the Wolves will likely only want to maul Elementals.

Which is why those that haven't come out should probably not do so. There may be specific cases where it makes sense, but for the most part, dropping breadcrumbs (for the newbies, disguised hints to your role) is more appropriate. It keeps the wolves guessing, and since the role may imply a power, it also keeps people with potentially important powers safer.

Also, I will say that I was uninvolved in the vote manipulation last night, so Furin's power claim makes sense to me.

Your lucky numbers: 48, 44, 13, 16, 79

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 09 Aug 2013, 06:15:41

Hmmm why don't martians get a vote? Do they not count if the Voteplacematron™ places them?

You know I blew that damn trumpet 2 days ago, where's K-9?

((reading up on what I missed))

Edit: Okay I get it now, someone "knocked" Ozy out and made him safe for the day. Interesting that. I'm going to mull over the possible reasons for this, but anything that makes Ozy "safe" this early, when he's taken this kind of control of the game early is quite interesting indeed. Why would someone fight to protect Ozy? I'll be honest I had no real beef with him yesterday, with the exception that he's been controlling the game since the wee hours of day 0. My vote was actually a RND (with some names removed for the sake of fair play).

Anyway I'm not going to pile on you right now, but you're going to need more than Ravebomb to convince me you weren't taken out of the running by your team.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 09 Aug 2013, 06:22:05, edited 1 time in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 09 Aug 2013, 06:19:23

Ozymandias wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:Yesterday I was given the power to switch a vote. I figured the best course of action was to not use it all unless in self defense and then come clean about it the following day. So for the sake of a clean(er) vote history here is what happened:

Any questions?

Thanks for coming forward. The one thing that doesn't quite track for me is, if you felt threatened because you had three votes, why wouldn't you put the fifth vote on stigmata (to create a two-way tie for first) instead of putting the fourth vote on Ionitor?

So that's somewhat suspicious, though I admit it's only incriminating if stigmata turns out to be a Wolf.

I also have a couple of other questions:

(a) Why do you think Earth was involved instead of Water (which DOM specifically associated with vote manipulation in the rules)?

(b) Why do you think Cheese was the second Element (as opposed to say, Water and Earth)?

I voted for Ionitor last night because multiple bandwagons would increase my survival more than trying to tie two bandwagons. I may be wrong, or just tired. We can debate that theory when I'm not preparing for an important business meeting that starts in 30 minutes.

Now to answer:

(A) DOM's flavortext led me to believe my ability was at least partially earth-based. I'm assuming I'm forbidden from quoting that PM, even partially.

(B) See above, but substitute in "cheese-based". I believe brie was specifically mentioned.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 06:43:41

FurinMirado wrote:(A) DOM's flavortext led me to believe my ability was at least partially earth-based. I'm assuming I'm forbidden from quoting that PM, even partially.

(B) See above, but substitute in "cheese-based". I believe brie was specifically mentioned.

Thanks for promptly responding again-- this is really interesting!

By a strange coincidence, I was ALSO targeted by both Earth and Cheese on Night 0 (like Furin, both Elements were mentioned in the PM flavor text).

And I ALSO gained a vote-altering power-- the ability to dole out penalty votes to any or all of the players who voted for me.

Unfortunately, I got knocked unconscious before this power could manifest :flail:

But I think we can now reasonably conclude that Earth is more strongly linked with vote manipulation than Water (despite what the rules originally said).

Also, I wonder if instead of you simultaneously being targeted by Shadow Earth or Shadow Cheese (which seems a bit unlikely), perhaps the Cheese Element itself is what caused your power to go askew?

In fact, I wonder if "Cheese" might not really exist, and instead is simply a code-word for "Shadow"? Hmm, I suppose we'll get confirmation that "Cheese" actually is real once a Human Cheese Elemental dies.

Anyway, just a little bit of paranoia for those of you who get a Cheese-enabled power ...
Last edited by Ozymandias on 09 Aug 2013, 06:48:24, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 06:47:00

Simple_Simon wrote:Why would someone fight to protect Ozy?

stigmata has admitted that he knocked me out for self-defense reasons so that my vote for him wouldn't count.

Simple_Simon wrote:Anyway I'm not going to pile on you right now, but you're going to need more than Ravebomb to convince me you weren't taken out of the running by your team.

What does Rave have to do with it?

Anyway, as I said earlier, Rictus was ahead of me by three votes when I got knocked out, so I really wasn't in much danger.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 09 Aug 2013, 07:00:38, edited 3 times in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 09 Aug 2013, 06:49:54

Ozymandias wrote:Here's what DOM said about these roles in the rules:

DastardlyOldMan wrote:If there are an odd number of players to fit the elemental scheme, there will be some ~special roles ... The Librarian, CMOT Dibbler, Rincewind, and the Luggage are being entertained at this point, but I'll define those as the need arises.

Which means there are probably at least three other Non-Elemental Roles: Dibbler, Rincewind, and the Luggage.

I think it might be a good idea for all other Non-Elementals to role-claim today, because this will make it harder for the four or five Shadow Elemental Wolves to role claim as Non-Elementals later in the game.

I'm not necessarily questioning the wisdom of your request, but you might not get as many takers as you like. You left out DOM's quote before that line, which was

They will mainly be aligned with the rest of the villagers (no sociopaths), although there might be also be a wolf without elemental affiliation, if necessary.

To me, that says that there is likely a wolf non-elemental, if not two. (I'm assuming five players of each element for twenty-five, plus six non-elementals to get us up to thirty-one.)

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 06:56:49

Current Vote Tally:
FurinMirado - 1 - rekard
Stigmata - 1 - Ozy
rekard - 1 - Ryvvn
Ozymandias - 1 - Hellheart

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 09 Aug 2013, 07:23:34

Ozymandias wrote:There were TWO voting-related shenanigans at the end of yesterday

Would you go so far as to say there was monkey-business?

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 09 Aug 2013, 07:24:52

That is bad comedy for Nitestorm to go out like that. A cream pie would have been MUCH more humorous. You people have no soul.

Redacted (was Ozymandias) you talk to much, and what you say isn't funny. Work on it.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 07:29:47

sphenodont wrote:To me, that says that there is likely a wolf non-elemental, if not two. (I'm assuming five players of each element for twenty-five, plus six non-elementals to get us up to thirty-one.)

Agreed. I think the most likely distribution of players is:

(1) Four Elementals for each of the five Elements = 20 Villagers total
(2) Five Shadow Elementals = 5 Wolves
(3) Six Non-Elementals, one of which is a Wolf.

For a total of Six Wolves.

It's possible that there are two Non-Elemental Wolves, and thus Seven Wolves total, but note that DOM wrote in the rules:

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Given no normal seer / vig / GA, and the level of coincidence required to grant powers, the number of wolves will be slightly lower than normal.

This is clearly subjective, but I feel like 7 Wolves out of 31 total players is is not sufficiently lower than normal (8 wolves) to be worth mentioning, which is why I think 6 Wolves is most likely.

So if there is in fact only 1 Wolf among 6 Non-Elementals, then that would mean that Non-Elementals are less likely than Elementals to be Wolves (since if you count Shadows, 1 in 5 Elementals are Wolves), so I think even a Wolf would find it advantageous to reveal that they are a Non-Elemental.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 09 Aug 2013, 07:41:53, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 09 Aug 2013, 07:40:37

RaveBomb wrote:Ozymandias you talk to much, and what you say isn't funny. Work on it.

This coming from someone who used my joke in his sig for the better part of a year ...

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 09 Aug 2013, 08:05:46

Mister E. Meat voted for the same bloke I did, which seems odd because I had absolutely no basis for voting for Ice Cold Burrito.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 09 Aug 2013, 08:08:51

Ozymandias wrote:
sphenodont wrote:So if there is in fact only 1 Wolf among 6 Non-Elementals, then that would mean that Non-Elementals are less likely than Elementals to be Wolves (since if you count Shadows, 1 in 5 Elementals are Wolves), so I think even a Wolf would find it advantageous to role claim as a Non-Elemental.

I think that's close enough that false claims are fairly unlikely. That said, it does point out that everyone should be dropping breadcrumbs. While I'm not a fan of it in most games, I think the right move as we approach the end-game will be for everyone to mass role-claim, since it should drastically narrow down the possible wolf teams. Leaving small hints (encoded in first letters, other allusions) will make it harder for the shadow elements to claim a more convenient element later on.

I don't think Ozy is a wolf. He's tossing off a pretty serious human vibe to me, so we may as just let him get mauled on night 4 or so.

For now, I'd like to see what Aldax has to say.

Today's Poem:
Cannibal Horner
Sat ine a corner
Eating a people potpie.
He bit his own thumbe
And cried, “Oh, yum, yum,
A tastye young morsel am I!”
Last edited by Ionitor on 09 Aug 2013, 18:39:36, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 09 Aug 2013, 08:20:32

Ionitor wrote:I don't think Ozy is a wolf. He's tossing off a pretty serious human vibe to me, so we may as just let him get mauled on night 4 or so.

(OOC): I just get very suspicious when somebody takes it upon themselves to immediately stir up doubt about multiple players on Day 2.

Edit: That's not enough to vote someone, but it was enough to look closely at what he's doing. He opens up Day 2 trying to steer the discussion, attempts to get the Librarian to reveal how strong his powers are (after being the first one to vote for Stigmata for the second consecutive day for perfectly viable reasons both times...although Stigmata effectively declared Librarian on Day 0 so his being near the top of the lynch votes was worrying regardless of his voting for a newbie), encourages the special roles to reveal themselves, and then declares a previously-unannounced special role.

He may not be a wolf, but I prefer that the players have the ability to reason among themselves rather than have someone covertly and overtly steer the discussion wherever he/she sees fit.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 09 Aug 2013, 08:37:02

Ozymandias wrote:
RaveBomb wrote:Ozymandias you talk to much, and what you say isn't funny. Work on it.

This coming from someone who used my joke in his sig for the better part of a year ...

And where is that joke now? Gone, lost to the whims of time and history.

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 09 Aug 2013, 09:10:24

Hellheart wrote:
Ionitor wrote:I don't think Ozy is a wolf. He's tossing off a pretty serious human vibe to me, so we may as just let him get mauled on night 4 or so.

(OOC): I just get very suspicious when somebody takes it upon themselves to immediately stir up doubt about multiple players on Day 2.

Edit: That's not enough to vote someone, but it was enough to look closely at what he's doing. He opens up Day 2 trying to steer the discussion, attempts to get the Librarian to reveal how strong his powers are (after being the first one to vote for Stigmata for the second consecutive day for perfectly viable reasons both times...although Stigmata effectively declared Librarian on Day 0 so his being near the top of the lynch votes was worrying regardless of his voting for a newbie), encourages the special roles to reveal themselves, and then declares a previously-unannounced special role.

He may not be a wolf, but I prefer that the players have the ability to reason among themselves rather than have someone covertly and overtly steer the discussion wherever he/she sees fit.

You've described Ozy's play-style quite well (at least in games where he's not holding back). It's often the same regardless of the side he's on. Most people keep him from controlling the conversation by just not believing anything he says until he's been proven right several days in a row, but it is possible to pick up his wolf and human tells given experience. I certainly don't think he's lying about his role, as it's too early for that.

The Word of the Day: Metamorphisis

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 09 Aug 2013, 09:42:41

Despite what Ozy said about non-Elemental role claiming, there's no reason to suppose anyone's being remotely truthful when they do so. So I'm suspicious of him asking people to do that already, even though I know he tends to try and control the game.

Oook ook ook.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 09 Aug 2013, 09:53:42

If Hellheart weren't brand new, I'd think he was trying to spread FUD on Ozy simply because Ozy is doing what he always does. I agree with Ionitor that our best course of action is to just let Ozy be and just take everything he says with a grain of salt. Even if he's a baddie, experience has shown that he'll tip us enough data to be useful.

I'm sympathetic to Ozy's suspicion of stigmata, but I also think that stigmata's explanation is reasonable, so I'm going to go in a third direction. Blindsniper83, your avatar is creeping me out.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 09 Aug 2013, 09:59:09

Ionitor wrote:You've described Ozy's play-style quite well (at least in games where he's not holding back). It's often the same regardless of the side he's on.

(Still OOC): I certainly wouldn't mind it in some game formats, particularly in formats that I would be hopelessly lost in because I don't have experience. I wouldn't have said a peep about Ozy's behavior in the Innsmouth TWG, for example. I don't like how it feels with this particular setup, where the rules are quite straightforward and mass participation in the threads seems to be the way to go.

There is also, as Ravebomb mentioned, something special about the Discworld that really should be given proper respect. There's nothing wrong with strategizing and contribution, but high-volume/no-humor posts feel out of place here because they are. It's hard to be funny when you spend most of the time discussing serious strategy and battling humorless accusations :(

I'll get off his back if he reduces the volume of his posts and/or (preferably and) gets a bit into the flavor of the world and starts trying to be humorous. I think several other players may feel the same way.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 09 Aug 2013, 10:15:00

Look, no one thinks it is a good idea to lynch Ozy more than me, but, I have to agree with the previous posters here that so far, he hasn't felt very wolfy to me.

(I mean, he'll probably be converted by the Vampire faction later, but until then...)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 09 Aug 2013, 10:19:38

Since I have absolutely nothing else to go on, I'm going to take this as true:
Omega wrote:(I mean, he'll probably be converted by the Vampire faction later, but until then...)

so twdog it is.

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 09 Aug 2013, 10:27:03

Hellheart wrote:I wouldn't have said a peep about Ozy's behavior in the Innsmouth TWG, for example

You may be thinking of another game, Ozy wasn't at Innsmouth. Unless you mean Nitestorm trying summon him by way of notes ... oh, so many many notes :cry:
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anvilfang » 09 Aug 2013, 10:34:01

The only thing is Ozy's proclaimed non-powers on day zero. I can't think of any reason why he should wait to tell us he doesn't have any powers, but my gut is still telling me somethings fishy, now more so since he was knocked unconcious yesterday...

he's not worthy of a vote just yet though...

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 09 Aug 2013, 10:36:20

twdog wrote:
Hellheart wrote:I wouldn't have said a peep about Ozy's behavior in the Innsmouth TWG, for example

You may be thinking of another game, Ozy wasn't at Innsmouth. Unless you mean Nitestorm trying summon him by way of notes ... oh, so many many notes :cry:

Is Ozy the nightmare story that little wolf pups tell each other at wolf school?

Look into the mirror and say "Ozymandias" five times
Then run to the tallest tree in the forest
He'll be there to analyze you to death

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 09 Aug 2013, 11:00:26

Omega wrote:
twdog wrote:

Is Ozy the nightmare story that little wolf pups tell each other at wolf school?

Look into the mirror and say "Ozymandias" five times
Then run to the tallest tree in the forest
He'll be there to analyze you to death

OOC: where is the +rep button?

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 09 Aug 2013, 11:28:38

This is simply not acceptable. Not only did we forget marshmallows last night when we really roasted Rictus, but now Nitestorm ended up neck deep in the nectar that was the nifty Bread Pudding!

Truly, these are desperate times for the snack impaired.

I myself, find FurinMirado's vote fuzzing last night to be faithful and fully in the spirit of Fluffy the Holy Vote Counting Cat (not).

Isn't that right Fluffy?

***Fluffy purrs***

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 09 Aug 2013, 11:30:32

In a couple days when it is revealed that Ozy is a shadow-wizard, and all you defenders are his minions, it's going to be a real gas.

In the meantime, would it kill you to crack a smile?

*RaveBomb casts Gretorp's Generous Gas Evaluator.

It would, wouldn't it?

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 09 Aug 2013, 11:34:31

stigmata wrote:
OOC: where is the +rep button?

OOC: RaveBomb didn't like that he was being kept at +x/-x so he's fought implementation of a karma mod.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 09 Aug 2013, 11:37:53

OOC: RaveBomb didn't like that he was being kept at +x/-x so he's fought implementation of a karma mod.

Wait... I ... WHAT?

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 09 Aug 2013, 11:39:36

RaveBomb wrote:

Wait... I ... WHAT?

-rep

Return to “The Banquet Hall”