Day 3: Mud & Custard

The wizard's natural habitat.
User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4070
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 09 Aug 2013, 20:23:25

After seeing Nitestorm's corpse this morning, the wizards were beginning to realize that the stakes had been raised. It was almost time for them to activate the second level of Committeeism: the Coloured Charte. Even the Bursar was taking measures; he had carefully drawn a circle in chalk, labelling "ME" on the inside, and "OTHERS" on the outside. True to form, of course, he had drawn it around a cake knife.

The muttering and cursing flowed one way and another, before it seemed to focus on two targets. Mister E. Meat was certain he was backed into a corner as the end of the day drew near. It came as quite the surprise, then, when Ridcully carefully counted out the votes.

"Could someone remind the Bursar that we vote with paper, not with desserts, please? Still --" and here, the Archchancellor extracted several scraps of sticky parchment -- "it appears that we have quite the, well, landslide. Never say never, lads!

Assembled wizards - twister time for Blindsniper."

Blindsniper looked left, and he looked right, and then he bolted for the door. He only made it three steps before a gust of wind caught him up and threw him high into the air. A second gust caught him and threw him back to the floor with gale-like force. A third, fourth - now they were too many to count, as the wizard's levelled their collective powers once more. By the time it was over, Blindsniper's wizard hat floated gently to rest upon the ground next to his rended corpse.

Stibbons muttered to himself, and walked over. Another small emerald came from the depths of the dead wizard's robes. As Stibbons read the word aloud, the emerald flashed brightly and then melted in his hand.

"Mud"

--

Cheese. It had been on twdog's mind a lot, lately. A good, rich, creamy cheese. He wasn't sure if he'd really done anything useful with it, but it certainly seemed that cheese was being talked about an awful lot. It made him feel important, being talked about.

"I feel important!" he said, to no one in particular, safe within the privacy of his own room. "I've waited my whole life to get to this moment!"

THAT IS CORRECT.

twdog looked down at himself. The last thing he saw before he followed the hooded, skeletal figure was that small cube of cheese, etched with that single word.

"Custard"

((For those not familiar with Discworld, Death is a pivotal character, and he is mainly recognizable for only speaking in CAPITALS.))

--

Blindsniper83: Wizard (Earth: Mud) - Lynched
twdog: Wizard (Cheese: Custard) - Mauled

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4070
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 09 Aug 2013, 20:23:34

Blindsniper83 - 14 - Mister E. Meat, twdog, AugenVonSauron, FurinMirado, Hellheart, Ryvvn, RaveBomb, Power-Related Votes +7
Mister E. Meat - 8 - Meta4, Iron Clad Burrito, necklessone, Omega, Blindsniper83, Ozymandias, Ionitor, Power-Related Votes +1
Ionitor - 4 - Aldax, simple_simon, Mortus, stigmata
twdog - 2 - dferrantino, sphenodont
Omega - 2 - Visigoth, rekard
Smirker - 2 - San, Anvilfang
FurinMirado - 1 - Anzig
dferrantino - 1 - Smirker
Ozymandias - 1 - 7-Zark-7
Anvilfang - 1 - Wasabi
Clearasday - 1 - Penalty x1

Missing Votes: Clearasday

[+] Vote History
rekard votes for FurinMirado (retracted)
Ozymandias votes for stigmata (retracted)
Ryvvn votes for rekard (retracted)
Hellheart votes for Ozymandias (retracted)
RaveBomb votes for Ozymandias (retracted)
Meta4 votes for Mister E. Meat
Ionitor votes for Aldax (retracted)
stigmata votes for Ozymandias (retracted)
Mister E. Meat votes for Blindsniper83
dferrantino votes for twdog
Anzig votes for FurinMirado
Aldax votes for Ionitor
Iron Clad Burrito votes for Mister E. Meat
twdog votes for Blindsniper83
Omega votes for Ionitor (retracted)
Visigoth votes for Omega
sphenodont votes for twdog
Smirker votes for dferrantino
rekard votes for Omega
necklessone votes for Mister E. Meat
simple_simon votes for Ionitor
AugenVonSauron votes for Blindsniper83
RaveBomb votes for Mister E. Meat (retracted)
7-Zark-7 votes for Ozymandias
San votes for Smirker
Anvilfang votes for Smirker
Wasabi votes for Ionitor (retracted)
FurinMirado votes for Blindsniper83
Blindsniper83 votes for Ozymandias (retracted)
Ozymandias votes for Blindsniper83 (retracted)
Ionitor votes for Blindsniper83 (retracted)
Mortus votes for Ionitor
Hellheart votes for Ionitor (retracted)
Wasabi votes for Anvilfang
Omega votes for Mister E. Meat
Hellheart votes for Mister E. Meat (retracted)
stigmata votes for Ionitor
Blindsniper83 votes for Mister E. Meat
Hellheart votes for Blindsniper83
Ryvvn votes for Blindsniper83
Ozymandias votes for Mister E. Meat
Ionitor votes for Mister E. Meat
RaveBomb votes for Blindsniper83

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3830
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby RaveBomb » 09 Aug 2013, 20:29:01

Power-Related Votes +7


Somebody did NOT like him... :flail:
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Simple_Simon » 09 Aug 2013, 20:38:27

RaveBomb wrote:
Power-Related Votes +7


Somebody did NOT like him... :flail:


Holy shit no ... :shock:

Who could be that angry?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby necklessone » 09 Aug 2013, 20:48:34

Corrupted power, maybe? Cancel all votes becomes double all votes?

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4070
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 09 Aug 2013, 21:22:30

((I'm stymied tonight - power PMs are going to wait until morning, but I will notify people now that they are getting them. The hamster wheel isn't spinning.))

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Hellheart » 09 Aug 2013, 22:08:07

necklessone wrote:Corrupted power, maybe? Cancel all votes becomes double all votes?

The vote happened to draw out powers going towards both sides. Between the powers and the voting, yesterday certainly gave us an awful lot of information to work with.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3452
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Aug 2013, 22:39:34

twdog wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:In fact, I wonder if "Cheese" might not really exist, and instead is simply a code-word for "Shadow"? Hmm, I suppose we'll get confirmation that "Cheese" actually is real once a Human Cheese Elemental dies.

I've debated about coming out with this, but it seems safe and useful at this junction. I received a cheesy "power" last night. I use quotation marks because the "power" is that for this day only I'll survive the lynch if I'm in a tie. The PM only made a reference to cheese, and not to any other element.

Obviously, I have no real idea what cheese does as I don't know how many cheese caster there were, or if any non-cheese power targeted me. Although this means that in principal the person\people that targeted me last night could keep me safe from tied lynches for the rest of the game, I honestly don't think that's a good use of their power because its benefit is very situational. The cheese may have better use elsewhere.

The point of this reveal is that it's my belief is that there is a cheese element and it isn't a code for shadow.


Shame twdog is no longer in a state to answer some further questions regarding his "cheesy" power and if he used it.

I'm wondering not if cheese could have been a code-word for Shadow--refuted through twdog's own demise--but rather if it just introduces a random, chaotic, "cheesy" element to any power it gets stacked on top of. So perhaps twdog did not need to choose to activate his tie breaker power, but since he was involved in a lynch vote that ultimately tied, maybe his power was set off... it sure would be cheesy if you thought tie breaker meant cancelling the votes but instead they doubled.

*edited to correct the erroneous spelling of the recently deceased's name

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6279
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby rekard » 09 Aug 2013, 22:48:07

It is very likely that twdog died because he revealed his power and probably was lying about how it was implemented. It could seem possible that he got mauled AND sabotaged since DOM said powers are effective before the maul. So if twdog was around and cast the lynch win power on blind, he would be sabotaged and mauled, if I understand orrectly the flow of powers. I would say that unless you really need to, don't say which power you have if you haven't used it.

Something that worries me is that Ionitor and Ozymandias confessed to be lovers to early. If they have a synergy, then wolves are very likely to maul any of them, because it's better to maul the known than the unknown.

But now, let's shoot for Mortus to start.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6279
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby rekard » 09 Aug 2013, 22:49:34

Ryvyyn. An unreliable power like that just degrades the game, so maybe twdog just got Shadowed by a wolf yesterday without him knowing.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3452
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Aug 2013, 23:25:08

rekard wrote:Ryvyyn.


:roll:
...sigh, okay, starting my vote with rekard again.

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4213
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 09 Aug 2013, 23:39:15

rekard wrote:Something that worries me is that Ionitor and Ozymandias confessed to be lovers to early. If they have a synergy, then wolves are very likely to maul any of them, because it's better to maul the known than the unknown


You're right, but I think Ionitor made the right move. He picked up on Ozy's hint (as did I -- which means it was about as subtle as a sledgehammer :) ) on Day 1. When Ozy took an early lead on Day 2, Ionitor tried to derail the train; somehow Ionitor started picking up votes of his own. He had to come completely clean to save 2 hides -- unless there's a ruse involved (which you should NEVER count out with either of the pair), Ozy didn't know who his counterpart was and couldn't dissuade the populace from voting Ionitor. The only thing he (Ionitor) could do is come clean and bank on (a) the wolves not having enough time to react -- the infodump came with 66 minutes remaining -- or (b) a protection in place for one or both of them.

Death is probably giving knowing nods to them right now, looking at his little hourglass and back to them... but they get another chance to analyze and hopefully find something for us to go on.

User avatar
dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5540
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:37:12
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: NYC (EST/GMT-5)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby dferrantino » 10 Aug 2013, 01:04:27

Traditionally, one of the lovers is a wolf, so if it's between Ozy and Ionitor I'm pretty sure both of them should die.

User avatar
Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2925
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:15:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Minnesota (Central Time)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ionitor » 10 Aug 2013, 05:26:32

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
rekard wrote:Something that worries me is that Ionitor and Ozymandias confessed to be lovers to early. If they have a synergy, then wolves are very likely to maul any of them, because it's better to maul the known than the unknown


You're right, but I think Ionitor made the right move. He picked up on Ozy's hint (as did I -- which means it was about as subtle as a sledgehammer :) ) on Day 1. When Ozy took an early lead on Day 2, Ionitor tried to derail the train; somehow Ionitor started picking up votes of his own. He had to come completely clean to save 2 hides -- unless there's a ruse involved (which you should NEVER count out with either of the pair), Ozy didn't know who his counterpart was and couldn't dissuade the populace from voting Ionitor. The only thing he (Ionitor) could do is come clean and bank on (a) the wolves not having enough time to react -- the infodump came with 66 minutes remaining -- or (b) a protection in place for one or both of them.

Death is probably giving knowing nods to them right now, looking at his little hourglass and back to them... but they get another chance to analyze and hopefully find something for us to go on.

Or, more likely, the wolves didn't feel it was necessary to take us out, since we don't have elemental words. The biggest aspect of our powers were revealed last night, when Ozy and I combined our votes and... added a bonus vote for MEM. Which, clearly, was swamped by someone with a "real" power. Oh, and one of us votes for the other, it doesn't count. In my mind, that would be a rather odd/pointless power if one of us was a wolf. Also, though dfer points out that one of the lovers is often a wolf, as I mentioned last night, the fact that we have no "third faction" win makes it much less likely.

User avatar
Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2925
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:15:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Minnesota (Central Time)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ionitor » 10 Aug 2013, 05:47:14

By the way, the person responsible for the doubled-vote on blindsniper should come out. Even if the power is permanent/repeatable, vote manipulation isn't particularly helpful on the human side.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4070
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 10 Aug 2013, 06:29:18

((Final power PMs have gone out - if you're expecting something from me and didn't get it, let me know. Also, we had 100% word-usage last night (barring CAD), so I think everyone's getting the hang of this now (except maybe me!)

CAD has not picked up his role PM yet; if he does not check in by the end of the weekend, he will be removed from the game and forced to watch Ryan Gosling movies until he atones by running another Mayhem game.))

User avatar
Smirker
Post Courtesan
Posts: 4302
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:56:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: CST - USA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Smirker » 10 Aug 2013, 06:41:17

RaveBomb wrote:
Power-Related Votes +7


Somebody did NOT like him... :flail:

Holy (or considering the venue -- Holey?) Shit! I was thinking the same and that it might be multiple effects on him. Or perhaps a multiplicative effect with cheese?

[e]: After reading the subsequent posts after the one I replied to; I will say this once again. I fucking HATE vote manip powers. Ah well, whatch'a gonna do?

[e2]: For those even less versed on the setting for this textual adventure of suspicion, murder and mayhem... One of the main things I recall about Discworld (and terry Pratchett writing in general) was that he loved puns, and so the world was FULL to bursting with delicious puns. Thus, my comment on the 'holey' aspect.
Last edited by Smirker on 10 Aug 2013, 07:16:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smirker
Post Courtesan
Posts: 4302
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:56:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: CST - USA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Smirker » 10 Aug 2013, 07:13:38

I know this has already been mentioned, but I can't recall of an instance where Lovers don't have them as opposing factions.. (works in the whole star-crossed lovers angle). And since they both claim they are element-less, that would make me think that one of them is a shadow.

*loads up a breakfast plate of sugar-frosted chocolate bombs, a hippogriff omelette and hearty serving of bacon.*
"Wait, normal bacon? What the hell is this doing here?"
Smirker peers a bit more closely and says "You bastards, you killed Hen-Wen!"
After taking a bite of the bacon he grudgingly admits "But, she is quite delicious..."

In the meantime, I'm still suspicious of Dferrantino; so will stick to my guns on him.

[[ {e]: :lol: I see my post count has increased a bit. It was amusing to me to see that I had the title of 'Post Courtesan' with a whole post count of 4 yesterday. ;) And sorry I couldn't participate in the game more yesterday, but I was playing Pathfinder again last night, so just ran through the house after work. Been doing the Pathfinder Society for several months now and Friday night is my usual night for it. I might be doing it Sunday as well, but even if I do, I should stil be able to be back in time for EOD shenanigans.

Also, the lack of a search option for user posts is seriously weirding me out, i used to double-check people's claims that way. But, probably for the best that it is gone -- that behavior is what lead up to me doing some (massively off) metagaming in the past. Of course, having 'massively off' and 'metagaming' in the same sentence is redundant, i know. ;) ]]

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1720
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Visigoth » 10 Aug 2013, 08:43:46

Smirker wrote:Also, the lack of a search option for user posts is seriously weirding me out, i used to double-check people's claims that way. But, probably for the best that it is gone -- that behavior is what lead up to me doing some (massively off) metagaming in the past. Of course, having 'massively off' and 'metagaming' in the same sentence is redundant, i know. ;) ]]
Just use the Advanced Search and put the person's name in for the Author. I actually prefer this version of the post search to the other one.

User avatar
Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1014
Joined: 27 Jul 2013, 18:46:43
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: San Diego, CA, USA, Earth

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Augenvonsauron » 10 Aug 2013, 09:05:30

Red was fairly impressed with the spectacle of power unleashed on blind sniper. It was worth at least one more mojito. She had apparently been losing track because it was actually two more. What the hell, these conventions got kind of lame anyways. Lots of panels on harvesting the newest elementals, proper drying of entrails, and the amazing power of blue. She was getting bored. Being the only one here wearing a skirt, she lifted her feet up onto the banquet table letting her long pale legs be visible to all. Why spend thousands of coins on beauty potions if you don't make yourself get noticed. She bounced another olive off Zark to get his attention.

User avatar
Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1479
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 17:00:20
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Maine

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Wasabi » 10 Aug 2013, 09:59:17

Augenvonsauron wrote:long pale legs


<Collapses>

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 660
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Meta4 » 10 Aug 2013, 10:07:18

Since BlindSniper had seven votes and an additional seven from one or more powers, I'm guessing somebody had an amazing power that allowed them to double-down on the legitimate votes against the victim. That's pretty much a vig-kill for anyone that has more than three or four legitimate votes. It almost feels like a waste, though, considering BlindSniper was damn near the top vote-getter even without the power. In fact, if you were to ignore all the powers, he would have been tied with MEM (a dubious honor to be sure).

I think MEM missed an excellent opportunity to bite the proverbial cheese yesterday. Mister E. Meat, why don't you have a seat over here?
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Anvilfang » 10 Aug 2013, 10:12:16

Alright a couple of thoughts:

1) Ozymandias is still alive for one of two reasons (in my opinion) - a) His analysis is completely wrong and the wolves see no threat in keeping him alive, b) He is a wolf
2) Wasabi had a sort of late game vote switch from Ionitor (when it was between Ionitor and MEM) and jumped OFF Ionitor onto me - for a complete wasted vote
3) Ravebomb had a very late game switch OFF of MEM and jumped ONTO Blindsniper
4) I understand that everyone loves ties, especially close to the end of the day, but yesterdays seemed fishy from the get go - am I the only one who has this gut feeling? A lot of manipulation and vote shuffling. It's been a while since I've played this game but I don't remember being so suspicious...
5) Who the FUCK has a power to add 7 votes onto a player? Is that a rechargeable or one time use power?

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3830
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby RaveBomb » 10 Aug 2013, 10:20:25

Anvilfang wrote:3) Ravebomb had a very late game switch OFF of MEM and jumped ONTO Blindsniper


In response to Ioniter trying to save himself. That wouldn't have been funny. What was funny was a tie.

It's in the 107 Hilarious Things To Do WIth Votes Manual. #28 - Tie Them Up.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Hellheart » 10 Aug 2013, 10:29:54

Meta4 wrote:Since BlindSniper had seven votes and an additional seven from one or more powers, I'm guessing somebody had an amazing power that allowed them to double-down on the legitimate votes against the victim. That's pretty much a vig-kill for anyone that has more than three or four legitimate votes. It almost feels like a waste, though, considering BlindSniper was damn near the top vote-getter even without the power. In fact, if you were to ignore all the powers, he would have been tied with MEM (a dubious honor to be sure).

I don't think it was a double-down power, I think that (as mentioned before) it was a vote-canceling power that backfired.

If somebody had a double-down power, they could have targeted Ionitor and almost certainly had a coinflip between him and one of the two top ones in the expected worst case.

Of course, this only makes sense if Ionitor is not a wolf ;)

User avatar
Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2925
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:15:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Minnesota (Central Time)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ionitor » 10 Aug 2013, 10:35:42

The 7-vote manipulation could have been something that backfired, the wolves trying to protect someone, or someone just wanting to use a power. Even if it turns out MEM is a wolf and someone purposefully saved him by doubling blindsniper's votes, it doesn't mean that it was a wolf power. But it needs to be public.

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby necklessone » 10 Aug 2013, 10:44:09

Anvilfang wrote:5) Who the FUCK has a power to add 7 votes onto a player? Is that a rechargeable or one time use power?

The vast majority of powers are going to be one use in this game. I have another theory about the doubled votes: it might not have been a voluntary power. Someone might have been forced to release it.

After three days, we should revisit if continuing Ozy's plan to generate powers as frequently as possible is the right course of action. The wolves will be recipients of useful powers in a slightly higher proportion than the rest of us if all targeting except their shadow powers is done equally. I'm still game for it, but it wouldn't be a bad conversation to have this weekend.

edit: corrected typo.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Simple_Simon » 10 Aug 2013, 11:16:41

If we're still talking about the vote cannon, I'd like to weigh in with my thoughts. Firstly assuming anyone had any idea that was going to happen is pretty laughable. We know there is all sorts of chicanery with the powers going on. I sincerely don't believe someone would waste a vote power that large on someone in that situation. No doubt ANYONE of us would have blapped someone else. What I'm basically saying is immediately assuming that malicious or defensive intent was the case last night is entirely illogical. Something must have gone horribly awry for someone in my opinion.

I have some more thoughts and opinions, but that's all I feel like sharing for the moment.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 11:30:25

Ryvvn wrote:
twdog wrote:I've debated about coming out with this, but it seems safe and useful at this junction. I received a cheesy "power" last night. I use quotation marks because the "power" is that for this day only I'll survive the lynch if I'm in a tie. The PM only made a reference to cheese, and not to any other element ... The point of this reveal is that it's my belief is that there is a cheese element and it isn't a code for shadow.

I'm wondering not if cheese could have been a code-word for Shadow--refuted through twdog's own demise--but rather if it just introduces a random, chaotic, "cheesy" element to any power it gets stacked on top of. So perhaps twdog did not need to choose to activate his tie breaker power, but since he was involved in a lynch vote that ultimately tied, maybe his power was set off... it sure would be cheesy if you thought tie breaker meant cancelling the votes but instead they doubled.

I think it's highly unlikely that twdog really had a tie-breaking power, since that would mean two of the other three Cheese Elementals targeted him.

I think after my paranoid Cheese = Shadow speculation, he just wanted to let everyone know that Cheese was in fact an element, but he didn't want to directly reveal that he was a Cheese Elemental, so he came up with that cover story.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 11:38:27

rekard wrote:So if twdog was around and cast the lynch win power on blind, he would be sabotaged and mauled, if I understand correctly the flow of powers.

That doesn't make any sense-- why would using a power result in getting mauled?

I doubt that the GM would change whomever the Wolves select as their maul victim just because a player uses a power.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Simple_Simon » 10 Aug 2013, 11:43:37

Ozymandias wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:
twdog wrote:I've debated about coming out with this, but it seems safe and useful at this junction. I received a cheesy "power" last night. I use quotation marks because the "power" is that for this day only I'll survive the lynch if I'm in a tie. The PM only made a reference to cheese, and not to any other element ... The point of this reveal is that it's my belief is that there is a cheese element and it isn't a code for shadow.

I'm wondering not if cheese could have been a code-word for Shadow--refuted through twdog's own demise--but rather if it just introduces a random, chaotic, "cheesy" element to any power it gets stacked on top of. So perhaps twdog did not need to choose to activate his tie breaker power, but since he was involved in a lynch vote that ultimately tied, maybe his power was set off... it sure would be cheesy if you thought tie breaker meant cancelling the votes but instead they doubled.

I think it's highly unlikely that twdog really had a tie-breaking power, since that would mean two of the other three Cheese Elementals targeted him.

I think after my paranoid Cheese = Shadow speculation, he just wanted to let everyone know that Cheese was in fact an element, but he didn't want to directly reveal that he was a Cheese Elemental, so he came up with that cover story.


I'm sorry but that is so far fetched. What was stopping anyone at anytime from just asking DOM if cheese was one of the 5 elements. I can't see a problem with that. So there is no reason to come up with some story to verify your element is real. That being said this is an interesting post.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 11:48:09

rekard wrote:Something that worries me is that Ionitor and Ozymandias confessed to be lovers to early. If they have a synergy, then wolves are very likely to maul any of them, because it's better to maul the known than the unknown.

I don't think this is something to be particularly worried about.

Ionitor and I have what I'm guessing are the two weakest powers in the game.

That's why I didn't see any downside to effectively announcing my role on Day 1 (and the upside, of course, is that it let me find the man I've been looking for all my life :eyebrow: ).

So anyway, if the Wolves decide to maul one of us, that means they're not mauling an Elemental, which is a good thing for the Humans.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 10 Aug 2013, 14:52:31, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 11:51:57

Simple_Simon wrote:I'm sorry but that is so far fetched. What was stopping anyone at anytime from just asking DOM if cheese was one of the 5 elements. I can't see a problem with that. So there is no reason to come up with some story to verify your element is real.

Actually, there would, because if my theory were in fact correct, then the GM would not have confirmed, because that would defeat the point of having a secret code word. Much like rekard didn't confirm that "The Wolfhood" was the secret name of one of the teams in the game he ran.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 11:53:30

btw, simon, I have a question for you: since you and blindsniper are buddies, why didn't you switch your vote off of Ionitor to help him out?

Didn't you believe him?

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Simple_Simon » 10 Aug 2013, 11:54:08

Ozymandias wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:I'm sorry but that is so far fetched. What was stopping anyone at anytime from just asking DOM if cheese was one of the 5 elements. I can't see a problem with that. So there is no reason to come up with some story to verify your element is real.

Actually, there would, because if my theory were in fact correct, then the GM would not have confirmed, because that would defeat the point of having a secret code word. Much like rekard didn't confirm that "The Wolfhood" was the secret name of one of the teams in the game he ran.


huh? Why wouldn't he? He said there may be 5 elements ... we know that Air, Earth, Fire and Water are elements so why not confirm that cheese is infact an element? There is literally no harm in that anymore than everyone knowing that Air, Earth, Fire and Water are proper elements.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Simple_Simon » 10 Aug 2013, 11:57:13

Ozymandias wrote:btw, simon, I have a question for you: since you and blindsniper are buddies, why didn't you switch your vote off of Ionitor to help him out?

Didn't you believe him?


Did you see that clusterfuck? I wanted no part of that. With an hour and half to go there was almost no logical pattern to the voting, no particular reason why people were being voted on. I saw absolutely no reason to join in on a feeding frenzy.

Edit: Besides what the fuck does being buddies have to do with anything? He dug his grave and I watched. All I was involved in was trying to figure out what element he touched me with. I have no inclination to save friends over anyone else in this game. I may have a slight inclination not to pick on him in the first few days, but his survival means no more to me than yours, mine, etc. So to answer your question, believe him or not personally I had no vested interest in his survival over anyone else's.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 12:02:42

Simple_Simon wrote:huh? Why wouldn't he? He said there may be 5 elements ... we know that Air, Earth, Fire and Water are elements so why not confirm that cheese is infact an element? There is literally no harm in that anymore than everyone knowing that Air, Earth, Fire and Water are proper elements.

What I'm saying is that IF the GM had decided to lie about the existence of Cheese, then he wouldn't simply admit it, would he? That would defeat the purpose.

Anyway, this argument is moot.

twdog clearly came forward because he thought we couldn't simply ask DOM to verify the existence of Cheese.

The question is, did he do so because he himself was a Cheese Elemental, or because he happened to be targeted by two other Cheese Elementals and had a Cheese-only power?

I think the answer is pretty obviously the former.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Simple_Simon » 10 Aug 2013, 12:06:52

Ozymandias wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:huh? Why wouldn't he? He said there may be 5 elements ... we know that Air, Earth, Fire and Water are elements so why not confirm that cheese is infact an element? There is literally no harm in that anymore than everyone knowing that Air, Earth, Fire and Water are proper elements.

What I'm saying is that IF the GM had decided to lie about the existence of Cheese, then he wouldn't simply admit it, would he? That would defeat the purpose.

Anyway, this argument is moot.

twdog clearly came forward because he thought we couldn't simply ask DOM to verify the existence of Cheese.

The question is, did he do so because he himself was a Cheese Elemental, or because he happened to be targeted by two other Cheese Elementals and had a Cheese-only power?

I think the answer is pretty obviously the former.


ɐup I ʇɥıuʞ ʎon ɯıƃɥʇ qǝ ɔɹɐzʎ˙
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 12:09:28

Simple_Simon wrote:ɐup I ʇɥıuʞ ʎon ɯıƃɥʇ qǝ ɔɹɐzʎ˙

Simon, what else can I say?

Your logic is pretty clearly backwards ...

(FEATURE REQUEST: Rimshot smilie)

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Simple_Simon » 10 Aug 2013, 12:18:38

Ozymandias wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:ɐup I ʇɥıuʞ ʎon ɯıƃɥʇ qǝ ɔɹɐzʎ˙

Simon, what else can I say?

Your logic is pretty clearly backwards ...

(FEATURE REQUEST: Rimshot smilie)


Not to press the issue but I'm going to have to say it's the other way around

No secret rules or factions - WYSIWYG.
(link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26#p91)

So there is no reason why anyone at anytime couldn't ask if cheese was a valid element, just like air, earth, water, fire. So there is no reason to come up with a cover story to, what the hell did you say?

Anyway, also they do say the simplest answer is usually the right one. The simplest answer is he had a power, and it went boom in an unexpected (edit: and hilarious if I might add) way.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 15:57:05

Smirker wrote:I know this has already been mentioned, but I can't recall of an instance where Lovers don't have them as opposing factions.

I believe that's only true for multi-faction teams games (Navy+Rictus in CAD's last Mayhem game) or equal-faction games (Omega+Meta4 in Shelbyville vs. Springfield). And it looks like DOM+dferr were Lovers in the last game but apparently they shared the same masked account so I have no idea how that worked and whether or not they were on opposing sides.

The Lovers isn't that common of a mechanic-- the only "Lovers"-like dynamic in a more standard skin (i.e., majority Villager, minority Wolf) that I can recall playing in was the two "Best Friends" in Game VIII (Stepenpit+Bolero), both of whom were Human.

Smirker wrote:And since they both claim they are element-less, that would make me think that one of them is a shadow.

Well, one of us could be a Non-Elemental Wolf, but we can't be Shadow Elementals because our power appears to have worked-- note that MEM did receive a +1 "Power-Related Vote."

Presumably, that's the power of love ...

User avatar
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4639
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:13:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Somerville, NJ (US Eastern Time Zone)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby necklessone » 10 Aug 2013, 16:06:59

Fuck you, that's going to be in my head all night now.

User avatar
Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
Posts: 648
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:32:16
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo León, México

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Aldax » 10 Aug 2013, 16:15:09

Skrutni vol signidiri ku tratiru cheesna surtkuto...kurtoskurni wulovu twdogge sku (prosbili) bruciscu hi hub sunthemin tu de wilks cheesny wizards, wulovu's guldo muvy krust verty umle cheesna elutrumu, porbu, sor mak wort, cheesna>shude...

Crult, fundue strom mi estu


(I think the addition of the cheese element is a bit shady... also the way the wolves mauled twdog so fast was (probably) because he had something to do with the cheesy side of the wizardry, so maybe one of the wolves' goals is to kill every single cheese elemental, because, as we know, cheese>shadow...

Damn, now I want some fondue)
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

User avatar
stigmata
ass triaging people
Posts: 564
Joined: 31 Jul 2013, 19:23:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: BLARDY STRAYA MAYTE

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby stigmata » 10 Aug 2013, 17:02:47

Realistically, we still don't really have anything to go by at all.

Ook.

*knuckles off to check what the Necronomnicon has to say about this*

User avatar
Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2456
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 18:24:17
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Mister E. Meat » 10 Aug 2013, 19:28:15

So, I hope I can provide some clarity on what happened with blindsniper yesterday. I received a power yesterday that put any votes on me and added that to my vote. I didn't mention it because at the time I last checked yesterday, I wasn't in any real danger with only a few votes. Obviously if I had been online later in the evening, I would have said something so that people's wasted votes on me wouldn't have been essentially wasted.

I guess the good news is that no one knew about the power so the movements themselves can still be mined for data. I just don't want to derail the whole days discussion with speculation about what happened. And for the record, my power was a cheesy one too which supports twdog's theory that cheese related powers have something to do with votes.

I'm actually a little more concerned about the whole Ionitor+Ozy love bomb that would have killed me except for the power. It seems rather disingenuous to put someone up for a tie when you actually control the lynch.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 5770
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 20:28:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Aug 2013, 19:52:09

Mister E. Meat wrote:So, I hope I can provide some clarity on what happened with blindsniper yesterday. I received a power yesterday that put any votes on me and added that to my vote.

Mister E. Meat wrote:I guess the good news is that no one knew about the power so the movements themselves can still be mined for data.

That is good to know-- thanks for coming forward.

Mister E. Meat wrote:And for the record, my power was a cheesy one too which supports twdog's theory that cheese related powers have something to do with votes.

Interesting-- was it just cheese, or was some other element involved? (btw, cheese = votes manipulation was actually my theory.)

Mister E. Meat wrote:I'm actually a little more concerned about the whole Ionitor+Ozy love bomb that would have killed me except for the power. It seems rather disingenuous to put someone up for a tie when you actually control the lynch.

I never mentioned trying to create a tie, so I don't think I was being disingenous-- I wanted you lynched instead of blindsniper, for two reasons:

(a) I thought he was slightly more likely to be a Human, and
(b) I was pretty sure he was an Elemental, and figured you might not be.

Having said that, I have no reason to think you're a Wolf-- in fact, you're not even one of my top ten suspects.

User avatar
Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2925
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:15:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Minnesota (Central Time)

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby Ionitor » 11 Aug 2013, 04:11:38

I agree with Ozy -- I had no intention of making a tie; in the match-up of "MEM vs. blindsniper", I felt blindsniper should survive. In the case that you are a wolf, no sense in telling you/everyone that you have an extra vote.

Yesterday, sphenodont made his vote in a very "oh this vote isn't real please look the other way" manner, and on the player that was eventually mauled. He was then apparently around when the voting heated up a little more and chose to keep his vote on twdog.

User avatar
San
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 583
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 23:27:15

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby San » 11 Aug 2013, 04:38:41

Visigoth ate my meat pie! ;_;

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6279
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 3: Mud & Custard

Postby rekard » 11 Aug 2013, 06:18:50

Ozymandias wrote:
rekard wrote:So if twdog was around and cast the lynch win power on blind, he would be sabotaged and mauled, if I understand correctly the flow of powers.

That doesn't make any sense-- why would using a power result in getting mauled?

I doubt that the GM would change whomever the Wolves select as their maul victim just because a player uses a power.


You misinterpreted the post. I meant that with wolves knowing twdog's power from his confession, they could easily decide to maul him while sabotaging his power at the same time, so they could kill a known player with a power and spoil any attempt to use it. But wirh MEM's words that argument is a bit moot.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1219
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 12:04:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario Canada

No content post!

Postby Simple_Simon » 11 Aug 2013, 09:01:18

rekard wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:
rekard wrote:So if twdog was around and cast the lynch win power on blind, he would be sabotaged and mauled, if I understand correctly the flow of powers.

That doesn't make any sense-- why would using a power result in getting mauled?

I doubt that the GM would change whomever the Wolves select as their maul victim just because a player uses a power.


You misinterpreted the post. I meant that with wolves knowing twdog's power from his confession, they could easily decide to maul him while sabotaging his power at the same time, so they could kill a known player with a power and spoil any attempt to use it. But wirh MEM's words that argument is a bit moot.


I just want to point out that one of my favorite words of all time is moot. I giggle almost everytime I say it.

Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot Moot


lol
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard


Return to “The Banquet Hall”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest