Day 5: Don't Forget the Message!

The wizard's natural habitat.
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 5: Don't Forget the Message!

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 13 Aug 2013, 14:05:58

You guys know I voted, right? I've had 2 vote totals skip me now.

This may be why I've gotten no powers; everyone has me on ignore. :p

[pre-posting edit] Oh NOW Simon sees me. ;)

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 13 Aug 2013, 14:09:13

necklessone wrote:And for what it's worth, Zark, your post was less than perfectly clear. I read it as Ozy did at first.

During my time at Unseen University, I majored in vague, with a minor in obtuse. Unfortunately I don't have as much time to craft fine RP as I used to (one reason why Nana is inconsistent in her presence. She's just not as compelling as Mom)

Hush, pointy hat... Your mother was never good enough for my son

Nana, do we have to do this now?

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Aug 2013, 14:13:01

Simple_Simon wrote:Ozymandias (5) ; stigmata, dferrantino, 7-zark-7, Iron Clad Burrito, Aldax
FurinMirado (3) ; Omega, necklessone, sphenodont
Anzig (3) ; rekard, Clearasday, Hellheart
rekard (3) ; dferrantino, Anzig, RaveBomb
San (3) ; Anvilfang, Meta4, Simple_Simon
Iron Clad Burrito (1) ; San
Clearasday (1) ; Mister E. Meat
dferrantino(1) ; Ryvvn

Why is dferrantino on there twice?

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 13 Aug 2013, 14:14:11

ICB, I don't have any empirical evidence for Ozy's humanity. It is entirely based on feeling. I've noted in games past that Ozy is like the Terminator, he doesn't "feel" so when he gets overly emotional, that points me to thinking he is a wolf. Admittedly, today he did react a little more over the top than I expect for him, but, while he may not have been 100% spot on this game (thus far) certain things he's said line up with certain things I know that I am not ready to share at this time.

I think Mister E. Meat, Zark or San could be better choices tonight, but I am waiting on clarification from the GM on a specific point before moving my vote.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 13 Aug 2013, 14:15:24

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:You guys know I voted, right? I've had 2 vote totals skip me now.

This may be why I've gotten no powers; everyone has me on ignore. :p

[pre-posting edit] Oh NOW Simon sees me. ;)

My first list didn't include you because as noted at the bottom of my post, your post (as well as several others) came up while typing. You're vote is probably the primary reason why I held off on voting for San then. It wasn't going to push the votes close enough to make a difference.

Now that the votes are close enough (honestly I get that Ozy is a distraction but there can only be two things going on, either he is a wolf in which case well played, or ONLY the wolves are trying to lynch him) so while I don't disagree with lynching Oza, I also don't believe in my heart of hearts that his current position in the lynch votes is set in stone. I anticipate a good deal of vote switching to go on as the day nears close. As such my current vote reflects my desire to present many options to everyone. One of those options has got to be a wolf so hopefully we'll see some saves going on.

At least that's where I currently sit. I get the feeling I'm not alone either.

Pre-post edit ....

Ryvvn wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Ozymandias (5) ; stigmata, dferrantino, 7-zark-7, Iron Clad Burrito, Aldax
rekard (3) ; dferrantino, Anzig, RaveBomb
dferrantino(1) ; Ryvvn

Why is dferrantino on there twice?

An oversight likely, I'm not 100% at this and my lists are not official. I'll look for the redaction and update. Apologies.

Edit: The error started on this list, which I copied and pasted to update mine. (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=59&start=50#p1759)
The vote in question has not been redacted ... viewtopic.php?f=18&t=59&start=50#p1725

Edit the second: Here's dferr's vote on rekard (page 1) viewtopic.php?f=18&t=59#p1663 which has been redacted.

Edit the third : Actually this is the first time the error happened. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=59&start=50#p1750

Therefor the error is Ozy's not mine, though I have fixed my current list to reflect that.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 13 Aug 2013, 14:28:54, edited 3 times in total.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Aug 2013, 14:15:55

Okay, I haven't really caught up but it looks like people are demanding some answers about my "experiment".

I was going to keep this under wraps, but I have reason to believe I am the target of some kind of protection. I have been getting some cryptic messages and thought I'd see if I could stir up some clues in the day thread. No such luck. I may currently be immune to, or may cause the redirection of, certain powers. I'm not sure if this includes lynches and mauls.

Please don't lynch me.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 14:19:03

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:DOM, can we get confirmation that Shadow Fire would have an effect on Water?

Shadow Fire and Water would have zero impact, alone.

((A little delayed during the workday, unfortunately, all this week, apologies.))

Sorry-- I should have been more specific. My actual question is:

Would Water + some non-Fire Element + Shadow Fire result in a power that was corrupted bu Shadow Fire, or would the power manifestation be the same as if Shadow Fire were not at all involved?

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 13 Aug 2013, 14:22:15

Updated and fixed vote list :

Ozymandias (5) ; stigmata, dferrantino, 7-zark-7, Iron Clad Burrito, Aldax
rekard (2) ; Anzig, RaveBomb
dferrantino(1) ; Ryvvn
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Aug 2013, 14:30:24

Aldax wrote:Uzymindais, bu horlm mistlet bui ta nuctch ut imn cuncidonce.

(Ozymandias, you have missed way too much to be a coincidence)

I need clarification on this. What has he missed on, exactly? Everyone seems to think he's doing an awful job finding wolves but I really want someone to make some sort of concrete case against him.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 13 Aug 2013, 14:32:56

FurinMirado wrote:Okay, I haven't really caught up but it looks like people are demanding some answers about my "experiment".

I was going to keep this under wraps, but I have reason to believe I am the target of some kind of protection. I have been getting some cryptic messages and thought I'd see if I could stir up some clues in the day thread. No such luck. I may currently be immune to, or may cause the redirection of, certain powers. I'm not sure if this includes lynches and mauls.

Please don't lynch me.

That is very interesting to me.
You're adorable-Rave

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Aug 2013, 14:33:01

FurinMirado wrote:Okay, I haven't really caught up but it looks like people are demanding some answers about my "experiment".

Please don't lynch me.

Personally, unless somebody I trust comes up with a compelling reason for me to not gun for Alzig, it's Alzig or Ozy for today. I'm going to have to push for Alzig really hard for him to even have a chance to catch up to the pile of shit that's going to land on Ozy when everybody else gets home.

I'm really not on board with lynching Ozy because he's a non-elemental, but what I'm really scared of is if Ozy gets lynched and then I get mauled. If that happens, somebody needs to pick up the analytical slack.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 13 Aug 2013, 14:35:49

In light of new information I feel compelled to target Retracted - FurinMirado today.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 13 Aug 2013, 17:27:38, edited 1 time in total.
You're adorable-Rave

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 13 Aug 2013, 14:40:32

What new info?
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Aug 2013, 14:44:05

Ozymandias wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:DOM, can we get confirmation that Shadow Fire would have an effect on Water?

Shadow Fire and Water would have zero impact, alone.

((A little delayed during the workday, unfortunately, all this week, apologies.))

Sorry-- I should have been more specific. My actual question is:

Would Water + some non-Fire Element + Shadow Fire result in a power that was corrupted bu Shadow Fire, or would the power manifestation be the same as if Shadow Fire were not at all involved?

That would result in a power (focused on the third element) supported by water and corrupted by fire.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 13 Aug 2013, 14:45:55

7-zark-7 wrote:What new info?

It's way too early in the day for me to spill the beans yet. Nearer to the end of the day I promise you I will tell everyone what I know.

Here's what I can say, I am immune to absolutely nothing. Nothing at all.
You're adorable-Rave

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 13 Aug 2013, 14:47:20

Omega wrote:I think Mister E. Meat, Zark or San could be better choices tonight, but I am waiting on clarification from the GM on a specific point before moving my vote.

I've received the clarification I was looking for. San

[e] Visigoth still seems like a better choice, but...

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 14:49:08

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:Sorry-- I should have been more specific. My actual question is:

That would result in a power (focused on the third element) supported by water and corrupted by fire.

Thank you.

Okay, I can now say that my Ryvvn targeting plan was really fucking dumb.

Honestly, I had no idea that Shadow Fire would have any effect in the above scenario. It did not even occur to me.

Not sure what else I can say.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 13 Aug 2013, 14:50:00, edited 2 times in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Aug 2013, 14:49:35

7-zark-7 wrote:What new info?

I imagine some people want to see whether he has lynch immunity, or think he's BSing to protect himself. If he's a human, all the wolves probably need to do is make sure that the 2nd place is a human as well, in case he repeats what happened with you.

What's actually going to happen is that the people with placeholder votes on Furin are going to come home and switch their votes. Probably to Ozy, but I hope that Anzig stays up there with him so I can make a compelling case later on if necklessone decides that he's probably not human.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 13 Aug 2013, 14:50:33

OOC:

Ozymandias wrote:
Okay, I can now say that my Ryvvn targeting plan was really fucking dumb.

Quoted for posterity. :lol:

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Aug 2013, 14:54:15

Omega wrote:
Omega wrote:I think Mister E. Meat, Zark or San could be better choices tonight, but I am waiting on clarification from the GM on a specific point before moving my vote.

I'm going to be really irritated if San gets lynched for no other reason than he's doing what he'd do up to this point in any game whether he's a human or a wolf. If that's all the justification you have, what you're basically saying is that everybody else is more than 50% likely to be human. EDIT: or, if you're statistically inclined, you can crunch the numbers. If there's 5 wolves left, it's 5/(total # of players) chance that San's a wolf unless he's given a tell that nobody's explained to me yet.

If you have some other justification, I'd love to hear it. It's not like San has been posting much of anything besides his votes, which is true for a number of other players as well.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Aug 2013, 15:02:35

A gentle reminder, especially to the new folks, to *please* retract your old votes by editing your posts. It makes it much easier for me to keep track of. No penalties, and I understand that late vote switches may not always leave time. Leave the old vote bold/colored so that it stands out, but strike it, note that it has been redacted, or something similar.

Please verify your vote is where you think it is:

Ozymandias - 5 - stigmata, dferrantino, 7-Zark-7, Iron Clad Burrito, Aldax
FurinMirado - 4 - Ozymandias, necklessone, sphenodont, simple_simon
Anzig - 3 - rekard, Clearasday, Hellheart
San - 3 - Anvilfang, Meta4, Omega
rekard - 2 - Anzig, RaveBomb
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - San
Clearasday - 1 - Mister E. Meat
dferrantino - 1 - Ryvvn

Left to Vote:
AugenVonSauron
FurinMirado
Visigoth
Wasabi

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 13 Aug 2013, 15:04:14

Hellheart wrote:
Omega wrote:

I'm going to be really irritated if San gets lynched for no other reason than he's doing what he'd do up to this point in any game whether he's a human or a wolf. If that's all the justification you have, what you're basically saying is that everybody else is more than 50% likely to be human. EDIT: or, if you're statistically inclined, you can crunch the numbers. If there's 5 wolves left, it's 5/(total # of players) chance that San's a wolf unless he's given a tell that nobody's explained to me yet.

If you have some other justification, I'd love to hear it. It's not like San has been posting much of anything besides his votes, which is true for a number of other players as well.

Actually, I'm voting less on San as a wolf and more because I don't think Ozy or Furin are wolves. I'm unsure on Anzig. San is the next choice with 3 votes. But I'll happily swap to someone else.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 15:07:16

Hellheart wrote:I'm going to be really irritated if San gets lynched for no other reason than he's doing what he'd do up to this point in any game whether he's a human or a wolf. If that's all the justification you have, what you're basically saying is that everybody else is more than 50% likely to be human. EDIT: or, if you're statistically inclined, you can crunch the numbers. If there's 5 wolves left, it's 5/(total # of players) chance that San's a wolf unless he's given a tell that nobody's explained to me yet.

Here's the thing, Hellheart-- just because someone CLAIMS their using RNGs, doesn't mean they are actually using RNGs.

And even if they were, a Wolf using RNGs could conveniently just re-roll until he does hit a teammate, so his vote still would appear random.

It's way too convenient a tactic for Wolves to employ, which is why it raises so much suspicion.

The reason I didn't answer your question earlier is that I was waiting to see if anyone would defend San's actions.

Interestingly, ICB, San's target, is the one who came to San's defense, so this may be a case of San trying to hide his vote on a fellow Wolf.

Or not. But if San turns out to be a Wolf, then ICB's defense of him will make ICB look more suspicious.

And, by the way, San's voting pattern is noticeably different this game-- when San in Human he very often fixates on a single target, voting to lynch them again and again.

The fact that he has yet to do so this game is I think noteworthy.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 13 Aug 2013, 15:35:01, edited 3 times in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 15:08:32

I retracted my vote from Furin a long time ago.

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 13 Aug 2013, 15:11:13

I Guess RETRACTED (was FurinMirado), because... ties? (Ozy will likely re-vote in self defense).
Last edited by Wasabi on 13 Aug 2013, 16:42:28, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 15:13:34

Hellheart wrote:Personally, unless somebody I trust comes up with a compelling reason for me to not gun for Alzig, it's Alzig or Ozy for today. I'm going to have to push for Alzig really hard for him to even have a chance to catch up to the pile of shit that's going to land on Ozy when everybody else gets home.

I'm really not on board with lynching Ozy because he's a non-elemental, but what I'm really scared of is if Ozy gets lynched and then I get mauled. If that happens, somebody needs to pick up the analytical slack.

Hellheart, I know you're considering switching your vote to me later.

Before you do, can you do me a favor and reread my posts from earlier today?

There was a question in one of them that I think you in particular might find has an interesting answer.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 13 Aug 2013, 15:25:45

Ozymandias wrote:Interestingly, ICB, San's target, is the one who came to San's defense, so this may be a case of San trying to his vote on a fellow Wolf.

Or not. But if San turns out to be a Wolf, then ICB's defense of him will make ICB look more suspicious.

shrug. maybe i should have bracketed what I said in OOC, but it's not a defense. I had 4 votes yesterday, none with a lick of sense behind them, and san just continued the tradition. no worries.

if it started a real bandwagon, I'd be pissed.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Aug 2013, 15:37:13

If anyone wants to wagon up on dferrantino, I'll stand on him; otherwise trying to consider where to move my currently-not-entirely-serious vote...

Despite my vote on Ozy yesterday, and the chance I may be mauled tonight, I now feel I'm not ready for him to leave the game yet; and as for Furin, my suspicions were based on the Day 2 powers discussion revolving around him and Ozy, which I went back and glanced at again, and factoring in what DOM has now said about how elementals/shadows might affect each other, seems to have been a misunderstanding.

Basically, I don't suspect either of them and would rather throw my vote on a third wagon or leave it on dferrantino.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Aug 2013, 16:07:22

You all suck. Pick on the guy working overtime and suffering from seasonal allergies. That being said, if someone could destroy all of the nettles and ragweed in the world that would be super. I'm pretty sure the world wouldn't miss them. Thanks.

So my options to save myself are...pretty much just San. Well at least that didn't require much thinking. I'm going to go lie down.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 13 Aug 2013, 16:15:35

FurinMirado wrote:You all suck. Pick on the guy working overtime and suffering from seasonal allergies. That being said, if someone could destroy all of the nettles and ragweed in the world that would be super. I'm pretty sure the world wouldn't miss them. Thanks.

So my options to save myself are...pretty much just San. Well at least that didn't require much thinking. I'm going to go lie down.

But how do you feel about cicadas?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Aug 2013, 16:20:53

Ozymandias wrote:Here's the thing, Hellheart-- just because someone CLAIMS their using RNGs, doesn't mean they are actually using RNGs.

And even if they were, a Wolf using RNGs could conveniently just re-roll until he does hit a teammate, so his vote still would appear random. It's way too convenient a tactic for Wolves to employ, which is why it raises so much suspicion.

So...what? Are you making the claim that San's votes had some hidden significance?

Let me put this more clearly, so that everyone understands this: San has never joined a bandwagon, and AFAIK nobody has ever pushed for a bandwagon that Sen has started. In fact, San has never started a bandwagon that accumulated more than 2 votes.

If San is a wolf, he is not a threat at all because he'll certainly be lynched if/when he votes for a human that gets strung up. Ever. Even if he started the bandwagon hours before it became a bandwagon. Why would you vote for a wolf that's trapped himself into a corner like that?

Also, if San a wolf and we string him up now, it gives us virtually no information. He's almost never talked and there's no way to get a trustworthy read off of any of his votes. It's not like what we would get if FurinMirado was a wolf, or if Anzig ends up being a wolf since it points a big red arrow at Wasabi.

And, by the way, San's voting pattern is noticeably different this game-- when San in Human he very often fixates on a single target, voting to lynch them again and again.

The fact that he has yet to do so this game is I think noteworthy.

This, however, is relevant information. I'd need to hear it from a party I trust to actually believe it, however, unless I really feel like combing through prior games later today.

Hellheart, I know you're considering switching your vote to me later.

If the choice is between you and someone that I do not believe is a wolf, then yes I'll switch my vote to you because I'm sick of choosing between your (so far wrong) bandwagon and one or two bandwagons with no justification whatsoever. If the choice is between you and a player that somebody other than you has provided compelling reasons for wolfishness, then I'm voting for the other player.

I will scan the thread for your question and whatever answer was provided.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Aug 2013, 16:28:09

Ozymandias - 5 - stigmata, dferrantino, 7-Zark-7, Iron Clad Burrito, Aldax
San - 4 - Anvilfang, Meta4, Omega, FurinMirado
FurinMirado - 4 - necklessone, sphenodont, simple_simon, Wasabi
Anzig - 3 - rekard, Clearasday, Hellheart
rekard - 2 - Anzig, RaveBomb
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - San
Clearasday - 1 - Mister E. Meat
dferrantino - 1 - Ryvvn

Missing:
AVS
Ozymandias
Visigoth

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 13 Aug 2013, 16:41:57

Hm, I suppose the Anzig wagon looks amusing too.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Aug 2013, 16:43:14

Then what you do Hellheart is attempt to make another bandwagon. Your vote doesn't have to be a decisive one every day. Vote for what you believe in. Else you only put more noise in the voting blocks. You don't have to tie, you don't have to lynch someone. If you don't believe the tops people are wolves you do NOT have to vote for them. And who cares what Ozy says. Everyone can try to think who is wolf. Is Ozy noise? Could be. But that's not justification enough.

At the same time the arguments for Anzig are not really strong. I just wanted to see some reactioj, and seejng that Anzig is being discussed without many arguments is a bit peculiar. I mean ICB didn't get as much of discussion jntilnhe started to talk himself yesterday. Hmmmm m. I wonder why you followed that vote Hellheart. Also I am not convinced by the top bandwagons either.

I may switch to the top ones, if convinced but instead I will go for another bandwagon. Let's try Omega for now. I will be watching.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Aug 2013, 16:44:03

Wasabi wrote:Hm, I suppose the Anzig wagon looks amusing too.

Ah just as I was posting. Let's see what happens then.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Aug 2013, 16:47:02

Wasabi wrote:Hm, I suppose the Anzig wagon looks amusing too.

What is this I don't even...

Hey Ozymandias! Analyze this one! ;)

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 16:49:44

Hellheart wrote:If the choice is between you and someone that I do not believe is a wolf, then yes I'll switch my vote to you because I'm sick of choosing between your (so far wrong) bandwagon and one or two bandwagons with no justification whatsoever. If the choice is between you and a player that somebody other than you has provided compelling reasons for wolfishness, then I'm voting for the other player.

Well, I'm sick of everyone scapegoating me for "my" bandwagons-- particularly you.

So why don't we keep score, shall we?

(1) Day 1-- I started a bandwagon on stigmata. But the jury is still out on him, isn't it?

And at least I didn't vote to kill the Confirmed Human Rictus-- unlike you.

Running Tally of Mistakes: Hellheart 1, Ozy 0.

(2) Day 2 -- I only voted for blindsniper in self-defense, after he provoked me by voting for me instead MEM-- who, btw, started the bandwagon on blindsniper. Even after being so provoked, I still switched my vote off of blindsniper to MEM. Unlike you, who switched TO Confirmed Human blindsniper from MEM.

Running Tally of Mistakes: Hellheart 2, Ozy 0.

(3) Day 3 -- I did indeed start the bandwagon on Zark, which by my way of counting was a mistake because I did not vote for Confirmed Wolf Mortus. But neither did you.

Running Tally of Mistakes: Hellheart 3, Ozy 1.

(3) Day 4 -- Smirker started a bandwagon by throwing out the first vote against me, and I waited until much later to vote for him in self-defense, only after three other players had voted for him. Then, when the vote was 6-4, you needlessly put a 7th vote on Smirker, when the smart thing to do would have been to wait to see if anyone else voted for me. So yes we both made the mistake of voting for Confirmed Human Smirker, but I did so out of self-defense-- what's your excuse.

Final Tally of Mistakes: Hellheart 4, Ozy 2.

What I find particularly galling is that you keep blaming me for leading you astray on my so-called "bandwagons"-- EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE ONLY VOTED FOR THE SAME TARGET ONCE (along with NINE other players).

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 16:52:21

Hellheart wrote:I will scan the thread for your question and whatever answer was provided.

Thanks, I appreciate that. It will be worth your while.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Aug 2013, 16:55:07

Zark, I just read what you said about who wolves are looking for and you're partly wrong. Wolves want to kill Earth AND Air folks, not Water. PMs are convenient but visions and defense are more useful. At the same time, I probably skipped a few lines but Ozy said Simon was Air. Why was that again?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 16:56:19

rekard wrote:Zark, I just read what you said about who wolves are looking for and you're partly wrong. Wolves want to kill Earth AND Air folks, not Water. PMs are convenient but visions and defense are more useful. At the same time, I probably skipped a few lines but Ozy said Simon was Air. Why was that again?

Simon claimed an Affinity to Air when he role-claimed.

It was a bit surprising, since Zark is RinceWIND, but Zark hasn't contested simon's claim.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Aug 2013, 17:00:04

Your bandwagons aren't the ones you actually vote for. Your bandwagons are created by shooting down arguments for several people that may otherwise have been one of the leaders. Your name doesn't have to be on a bandwagon for it to be yours - the bandwagons that are "yours" are the ones that you aren't arguing against.

My Day 3 vote was not necessarily a mistake. Sphenodont has not been cleared as a human. Until today, I let my lack of confidence rule what I said and how I voted because my Day 2 accusation of you was shot down by...well, everyone. But nobody else has stepped up to the plate to provide compelling analysis outside of responses to statements you make, and I just got sick of it. I may not have the experience to argue against you well, but at least there's analysis, conjectures, and data coming from a source other than you.

rekard wrote:I may switch to the top ones, if convinced but instead I will go for another bandwagon. Let's try Omega for now. I will be watching.

I don't think Anzig's going to get enough traction and Wasabi's vote gave me a hell of a headache. Omega would be a bandwagon I could get behind. Clearing Ozy as human has little significance at this point, and I really think MEM is human so the double-vote bothers the crap out of me.

With the caveat that I may still jump back on the Anzig bandwagon if it's one of the two leaders and Necklessone gives him the thumbs-down.

EDIT: I'm also probably going to vote for FM over Ozy if it comes down to those two. Just want that out there now so I'm not accused of making an unexpected vote switch.

EDIT2: Vote retracted
Last edited by Hellheart on 13 Aug 2013, 18:59:41, edited 2 times in total.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Aug 2013, 17:03:04

You won't be getting an Anzig thumb-down from me. Somewhere between neutral and 1/4 of a thumbs up.

I've got nothing to add to the Omega discussion one way or the other.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Aug 2013, 17:04:34

necklessone wrote:You won't be getting an Anzig thumb-down from me. Somewhere between neutral and 1/4 of a thumbs up.

Where did you get a quarter of a thumb? O_o

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 13 Aug 2013, 17:05:29

rekard wrote:Then what you do Hellheart is attempt to make another bandwagon. Your vote doesn't have to be a decisive one every day. Vote for what you believe in. Else you only put more noise in the voting blocks. You don't have to tie, you don't have to lynch someone. If you don't believe the tops people are wolves you do NOT have to vote for them. And who cares what Ozy says. Everyone can try to think who is wolf. Is Ozy noise? Could be. But that's not justification enough.

At the same time the arguments for Anzig are not really strong. I just wanted to see some reactioj, and seejng that Anzig is being discussed without many arguments is a bit peculiar. I mean ICB didn't get as much of discussion jntilnhe started to talk himself yesterday. Hmmmm m. I wonder why you followed that vote Hellheart. Also I am not convinced by the top bandwagons either.

I may switch to the top ones, if convinced but instead I will go for another bandwagon. Let's try Omega for now. I will be watching.

Three hours to go, 3 votes left outstanding, and you switch from the 4th place candidate to a completely new target.

I am not changing my vote today, but I want to remember this tomorrow.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Aug 2013, 17:09:04

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I am not changing my vote today, but I want to remember this tomorrow.

I'll probably switch again because I have my doubts about this bandwagon going very far, but I want to feel like I gave myself the best chance of having a leading bandwagon I feel comfortable voting for. I just want a decent bandwagon other than Sen in case the FurinMirado voters want to switch to someone other than Ozy. Otherwise I have to vote to lynch Ozy, and I really really don't want to vote for a non-elemental.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Aug 2013, 17:12:23

Hellheart wrote:
necklessone wrote:You won't be getting an Anzig thumb-down from me. Somewhere between neutral and 1/4 of a thumbs up.

Where did you get a quarter of a thumb? O_o

Same tragic accident that took my neck. :cry:

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Aug 2013, 17:13:10

Hellheart wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I am not changing my vote today, but I want to remember this tomorrow.

I'll probably switch again because I have my doubts about this bandwagon going very far, but I want to feel like I gave myself the best chance of having a leading bandwagon I feel comfortable voting for. I just want a decent bandwagon other than Sen in case the FurinMirado voters want to switch to someone other than Ozy. Otherwise I have to vote to lynch Ozy, and I really really don't want to vote for a non-elemental.

You should just switch to me now and join my cult of converted vampires.

Too bad twdog isn't here... ;)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Aug 2013, 17:15:45

Here's a thought regarding everyone's reluctance to lynch the possible non-elemental wolf, wouldn't that be in our best interest because that will put the wolves in a more difficult situation of choosing to maul or use powers each night? If having that non-elemental wolf gives them the opportunity to both use some powers and maul each night, seems we should try to cut that ability off.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Aug 2013, 17:16:21

Actually, there has been a bit of analysis here and there. You chasing or hearing Ozy is your responsibility.

The bandwagon of Smirker bothered me yesterday. Hellheart, Omega and dferrantino either just showing laziness to think, or trying to hide in a big bandwagon, or trying to protect someone of the 2nd place ones from vote manipulatiin. You three smell like rancid cheese at the moment. Omega's way of saying things this game bothers me a bit. It's like what he's saying and doing feels empty. It strikes me in the wrong way.

MEM and simon didn't help matters at all, but humans sometimes give up on those votes, but still sigh.

I don't like being followed like Clear is doing and apparently Hellheart is doing. Last time that happened Furin was a wolf.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Aug 2013, 17:18:58

Ryvvn wrote:Here's a thought regarding everyone's reluctance to lynch the possible non-elemental wolf, wouldn't that be in our best interest because that will put the wolves in a more difficult situation of choosing to maul or use powers each night? If having that non-elemental wolf gives them the opportunity to both use some powers and maul each night, seems we should try to cut that ability off.

DOM has said that when the Wolves maul they can still use a subset of their powers-- I don't see why the Non-Elemental Wolf/Wolves would need to be alive for them to continue to do so?

Return to “The Banquet Hall”