The wizard's natural habitat.
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 6: Cut-Me-Own-Throat

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 06:26:13

Mister E. Meat wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:By the end of the day I did not send the PM to switch any votes, so I believe the wolves had full control of the vote manipulation and decided to dogpile Ozy. Two people I talked to yesterday know about this 3rd part because I confessed it to them in a late-day PM. In the event that I was mauled I wanted someone to be able to come forward with an explanation.

Can any of his PM recpients confirm this part of Furin's post? If so, I'm not backing off fully but it's at least plausible.

Furin, I'd also look long and hard at everyone you PMed and see if you think anyone you talked to could have somehow taken over the power.

If you're not moving your vote then there is no point in anyone coming forward.

I strongly urge no one to come forward about yesterday's activities unless absolutely necessary. I would rather be lynched than reveal my sources to the wolves.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Aug 2013, 06:30:35

rekard wrote:Ravebomb has not been playful this game. He has been making decisions on his vote. Whenever he feels less chaotic he ends up being more special, either a special role or a wolf. But who knows. Hmmm.

Ravebomb also has a soul crushing job and not nearly enough free time. I assure you that my element is un-shadowed. I have, however, not been the target of anything to my knowledge.

I could have sworn that Ozy was a wolf though. :(
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Aug 2013, 06:34:55

rekard wrote:Ravebomb has not been playful this game. He has been making decisions on his vote. Whenever he feels less chaotic he ends up being more special, either a special role or a wolf. But who knows. Hmmm.

If y'all want to see chaotic, someone vote me a vig power. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 14 Aug 2013, 07:19:11

Wow, holy shit.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anvilfang » 14 Aug 2013, 07:24:18

I can't help but giggle at the fact that after all is said and done, Ozymandius ended up voting for himself.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 14 Aug 2013, 07:31:14

I love a good Mirado now and then, but nothing sucks worse than finding REDACTED - Was Fur in Mirado. It just ruins the entire experience.
Last edited by Meta4 on 14 Aug 2013, 10:41:17, edited 1 time in total.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 07:38:53

Meta4 wrote:I love a good Mirado now and then, but nothing sucks worse than finding Fur in Mirado. It just ruins the entire experience.

This stinks of a wolf lying low while trying to further a human bandwagon. No analysis, no counter arguments, just some nonsense with a vote.

I'm calling this out now, because if I get lynched I want everyone gunning for Meta4. There's no excuse for this kind of thing on Day 6.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 07:52:43

Furin voters:
If you're voting for Furin purely because of the vote swaps yesterday, consider this: why would the wolves be willing to use a power that points directly at one of their own to kill Ozy of all people? They must have loved Ozy still being in the game because it completely derailed any conversation in the day thread.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 14 Aug 2013, 08:00:49

FurinMirado wrote:
Meta4 wrote:I love a good Mirado now and then, but nothing sucks worse than finding Fur in Mirado. It just ruins the entire experience.

This stinks of a wolf lying low while trying to further a human bandwagon. No analysis, no counter arguments, just some nonsense with a vote.

I'm calling this out now, because if I get lynched I want everyone gunning for Meta4. There's no excuse for this kind of thing on Day 6.

All of the analysis is on page one. I'd be happy to copy and paste it for you if you'd like.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 08:02:43

Meta4 wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:

All of the analysis is on page one. I'd be happy to copy and paste it for you if you'd like.

I would, actually. Please make the case that Furin is a wolf as clearly as you can.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 14 Aug 2013, 08:24:56

FurinMirado wrote:That leaves:
dferrantino
Iron Clad Burrito

dferrantino's reason for voting Ozy: None given (unless I missed it?). But he seemed upset that he didn't get any powers. He seemed to think that was a wolf ploy.
ICB's reason for voting Ozy: It's Day 5 and he's still alive

So I have two people that voted for Ozy without any solid reason and they both just happen to be on the Unknown list. Looking back to Day 4 I see dferrantino picked up on the fact that there is a HA and publicly announced it. I'm thinking a wolf may have wanted to keep the HA a secret so legit humans wouldn't attempt to join it and any PMs from the HA would be viewed with more suspicion. Plus he volunteered for a "suicide mission" which does not see very Wolfy.

Two major reasons, one of which was outlined in the thread yesterday. His reasoning for everyone targeting me with their abilities was completely flawed, to the point where it was far more beneficial to the wolves than to the humans. Additionally, his complete monopolization of the conversation was (as it always is) counterproductive to any real analysis by anyone else, especially when he's not sharing any of his information or inferences.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt early on day 4 because of the implications of DOM's post, but by the end of that day felt even more sure he was a wolf.

Vote's on RaveBomb today.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 14 Aug 2013, 08:35:27

FurinMirado wrote:ICB's reason for voting Ozy: It's Day 5 and he's still alive
[...]
I'll be back during my lunch break to answer any remaining questions.

OK, question 1. Did you read the post where I voted for Ozy yesterday and provided a reason, or are you just desperate as fuck to get out of the predicament that you seem to have put yourself in?

People I am not liking today:
furin, for yesterday's shitnanigans

Hellheart -- less worried about him than furin or rekard, but I think I was just wierded out by his move to someone he believes to be a human. It seems way too blatant to be a wolf, but it doesn't look great.

retracted from rekard - I noted why yesterday, but to recap: With 3 votes left outstanding, with 3 hours left to go, he moved his vote off of the 4th place person, and onto a "new bandwagon," shunning the EIGHT people who already had votes at that point. No real info presented. He did this while admonishing Hellheart about his voting. I'm pretty sure that either HH or rekard is a wolf. Maybe both, but not terribly likely.

I'm not going to be a negative nancy about everything -- but I want to caution us all for taking Ozy's list as gospel, or even a reliable start. Yes, Ozy was human, but his analysis was fucking atrocious this game. It could be used as something to go on coupled with original analysis, but with everything else turning out poorly I'm not sure if I trust his list, in and of itself. Ozy's gone, quit letting him distract you.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 14 Aug 2013, 08:52:17

FurinMirado wrote:1. I could PM anyone that voted for me on Day 5 or any previous day. This PM was 2-way communication. I made a point of PMing everyone that voted for me yesterday and on previous days. Some of it was nonsense, some of it was positive information sharing. Everyone I PM'd can verify this.

2. I choose one of the people that voted for me on Day 5 or any previous day and I get to know their elemental affiliation. I don't get to know whether they are corrupted or not, but still worth trying. Unfortunately I have not received a PM with this information. I believe this has backfired and the wolves may now know my elemental affiliation or that of sphenodont, who I targeted with this part of the ability.

3. I can switch the votes of anyone that I PM, which was everyone that has ever voted for me. I knew this could backfire if I used it so I held it back as the "nuclear option" in the event that I needed to save myself. Ozymandias told me he would save himself with his +3 vote ability. By the end of the day I did not send the PM to switch any votes, so I believe the wolves had full control of the vote manipulation and decided to dogpile Ozy. Two people I talked to yesterday know about this 3rd part because I confessed it to them in a late-day PM. In the event that I was mauled I wanted someone to be able to come forward with an explanation.

So... you made it a point to control all the votes. All the votes. And we knew there were shenanigans involving voting for you. And when those shenanigans "backfired," you come out and say "Oh noes, I just wanted to control them, I didn't want to actually EXERCISE control." And you're voting for me for voluntarily voting where your controlled votes "involuntary" ended up.

Yeeeeeaaaahhh.

Rhetorical question: Did you not think for a damned minute that this plan could have backfired, somehow, some way? Like, not at all, when you PM'd everyone who had voted for you over a 5-day period?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 08:57:35

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:ICB's reason for voting Ozy: It's Day 5 and he's still alive
[...]
I'll be back during my lunch break to answer any remaining questions.

OK, question 1. Did you read the post where I voted for Ozy yesterday and provided a reason, or are you just desperate as fuck to get out of the predicament that you seem to have put yourself in?

From Day 5:

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Ozy... Damn. I've tried really hard to be more tolerant of Ozy's machinations than I used to me, but we're in Day 5 and he's still alive and (apparently) his analysis has been grossly inaccurate. Honestly, his experiments, where we're given half the data and are expected to just trust him, are not bearing fruit. I think it may be time to end the charade. I'll be shocked if he turns out human.

My apologies for not reading the entire thing. I was doing a lot of fast skimming to gather data before I was late for work. Inaccurate analysis and plans that don't bear fruit are a good reason to not follow them. It is not a particularly good reason for actually voting against the person unless you think they're doing it on purpose. I agree that Ozy wasn't quite himself this game, but I've never seen him play this way as a human OR a wolf.

That being said, at least I understand your motivation now. I will withdraw my vote for now. I heartily encourage this kind of point-counterpoint today. We're in Day 6 and we've only taken down 1 wolf. We need to be communicating as much as possible. We can't catch the wolves in their lies unless we force them to start telling lies to hide themselves.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 14 Aug 2013, 08:59:19

Hulltrurt bis nillem giths und, murk dirtoles luncha nurt

(Hellhearth is smelly right now, more details at lunch time)
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 14 Aug 2013, 09:00:54

1. I can confirm that I received a PM from Furin, and he stated it was because I had voted for him.

2. I was not one of the privileged few he shared the information about his vote power with.

3. The elemental seering bit is news to me as well, and I will say that I specifically said I wasn't going to share my elemental info with FM, because he hadn't given me much to work with and I still didn't know the nature of his experient. (See my point two.) That said, either Ozy or Furin hinted that voting on him would allow him to Seer one of us, so I welcomed the opportunity to be confirmed.

I wonder if Furin's choosing to see my element is why my vote wasn't moved? I'm actually really wishing it had been, because in my mind, it makes me think I look guilty. If it had happened to someone else, I'd be wondering why.

(And I, of course, of innocent of all but malice. ;) )

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 14 Aug 2013, 09:05:50

For now, I'm voting on San (retracted) again. I agree that if the wolves hijacked Furin's ability, they probably planned to swing votes around onto Ozy. (And letting Ozy vote for his own lynch would have been quite the cherry on that sundae!) But I can't help but think they would have found some way to arrange things to make Furin look guilty. As it is, right now he looks either thoroughly victimized... or he's being the most brazen wolf I've ever seen.

So, I think that maybe one of the wolves' own was legitimitely on the line, and they swung the vote cannon around full bore to avoid any chance of losing another member.

Edit: Vote not gaining any traction.
Last edited by sphenodont on 14 Aug 2013, 13:19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Vote not gaining any traction.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 09:08:13

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:1. I could PM anyone that voted for me on Day 5 or any previous day. This PM was 2-way communication. I made a point of PMing everyone that voted for me yesterday and on previous days. Some of it was nonsense, some of it was positive information sharing. Everyone I PM'd can verify this.

2. I choose one of the people that voted for me on Day 5 or any previous day and I get to know their elemental affiliation. I don't get to know whether they are corrupted or not, but still worth trying. Unfortunately I have not received a PM with this information. I believe this has backfired and the wolves may now know my elemental affiliation or that of sphenodont, who I targeted with this part of the ability.

3. I can switch the votes of anyone that I PM, which was everyone that has ever voted for me. I knew this could backfire if I used it so I held it back as the "nuclear option" in the event that I needed to save myself. Ozymandias told me he would save himself with his +3 vote ability. By the end of the day I did not send the PM to switch any votes, so I believe the wolves had full control of the vote manipulation and decided to dogpile Ozy. Two people I talked to yesterday know about this 3rd part because I confessed it to them in a late-day PM. In the event that I was mauled I wanted someone to be able to come forward with an explanation.

So... you made it a point to control all the votes. All the votes. And we knew there were shenanigans involving voting for you. And when those shenanigans "backfired," you come out and say "Oh noes, I just wanted to control them, I didn't want to actually EXERCISE control." And you're voting for me for voluntarily voting where your controlled votes "involuntary" ended up.

Yeeeeeaaaahhh.

Rhetorical question: Did you not think for a damned minute that this plan could have backfired, somehow, some way? Like, not at all, when you PM'd everyone who had voted for you over a 5-day period?

Two Rhetorical Questions: So you really think I planned to spam my "experiment" all over the day thread, making it painfully obvious that I was exerting a special power, and then dogpile someone that you were all going to lynch eventually anyway? Even though I knew manipulating the votes meant that their names would all show up and be easily traceable to my "experiment" yesterday?

Real Question: I know you're not this obtuse. So what are you really after?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 09:12:27

sphenodont wrote:3. The elemental seering bit is news to me as well, and I will say that I specifically said I wasn't going to share my elemental info with FM, because he hadn't given me much to work with and I still didn't know the nature of his experient. (See my point two.) That said, either Ozy or Furin hinted that voting on him would allow him to Seer one of us, so I welcomed the opportunity to be confirmed.

Thank you for the reminder. I received a late PM from DOM. I did get your elemental role. I know your element, but not your word or whether it is corrupt. The wolves may know it now as well, since the manipulation portion of my ability backfired. Still, I'm hesitant to reveal it unless you want me to do so. On the off chance they do not know your element, I'd rather not give them more info.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Aug 2013, 09:29:39

dferrantino wrote:Vote's on RaveBomb today.

Seriously? Honestly, what have I done to deserve such attentions?

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anvilfang » 14 Aug 2013, 09:33:12

I think it's safe to say that Furin did not INTENT to target Ozymandias, which means there is only one way for it to have back fired: Corruption. It would be a very odd thing for the wolves to put a corruption on one of there own, would it not?

If Furin DID intend, then it was a very ballsy move. If he survives this and turns out he was a wolf, then I'll give him a golf clap for sure.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 09:42:21

The case against Stigmata:

Day 1) When Stigmata started to become a serious lynch candidate, Mortus added his vote to keep Rictus tied with him.
Day 2) Mortus and Stigmata both vote for Ionitor. (Note: I don't think any probably wolves were in danger day 2; MEM, prove me wrong).
Day 3) He didn't vote for Mortus, though it doesn't say too much. The push for Mortus came fairly late.
Day 4 & 5) Both days he votes early for Ozymandias and stays there.

The case for Stigmata:

He claimed a power on day 1 that didn't seem wolfy?

---

It's not a rock solid case, but it's enough that I'm keeping my vote where it is for now.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 09:52:21

Another idea that's been in my head today: do we really need to be using our words at this point? Yesterday shows one of the worst case scenarios for our powers: the wolves were able to use them (either through corruption or a furry Furin) to take control away of the lynch. The wolves are the only people who will never be hurt by being granted powers and and are at an informational advantage regarding them.

After today we'll have 6 days worth of power usages and voting history to work off of. Is that enough for us to finish the game without risking accidentally handing the wolves more tools?

Just a random thought. I still plan on submitting a word target for tonight.

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 14 Aug 2013, 09:55:44

Vote count so far:
FurinMurado - 3 - Mister E. Meat, stigmata, Meta4
Hellheart - 2 - rekard, Aldax
stigmata - 1 - necklessone
Aldax - 1 - San
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - FurinMurado
RaveBomb - 1 - dferrantino
rekard - 1 - Iron Clad Burrito
San - 1 - sphenodont

This is getting spread out with about half (11/24) votes in. None of these really appeal to me, but the Furin votes twitch my radar.
I agree that Ozy's list isn't perfect. However, until another wolf gets it we have to do something to narrow the candidates and I think it's a good starting point.

I'm going to pick stigmata RETRACTED for now. Mostly due to the 2x in a row Ozy votes and Furin vote today.

edit:
fwiw, this post was created prior to my reading necklessone's two posts above mine.
Last edited by Anzig on 14 Aug 2013, 18:55:41, edited 1 time in total.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 14 Aug 2013, 10:04:33

necklessone wrote:Furin voters:
If you're voting for Furin purely because of the vote swaps yesterday, consider this: why would the wolves be willing to use a power that points directly at one of their own to kill Ozy of all people? They must have loved Ozy still being in the game because it completely derailed any conversation in the day thread.

I'm sympathetic to that line of reasoning but at the same time what makes you think that Furin didn't just do it himself. It would be awfully convenient to do something like that and just claim "Wolves!" afterward.

I'm not sold on Furin at all but what happened was just way too suspicious. He tells people to vote for him. He has PM conversations with others. At the end of the say there's a sudden rush off of him and onto San and then wait a minute it was actually on Ozy all along. The only possible mitigating factor in this whole thing is that he said he told some people that he had the ability to move the votes prior to it happening. That would definitely lean non-wolfy to me, but when I asked for some proof it's "No one come forward with this information it will only help the wolves" :?:

Furin, I can promise you that if someone corroborates your point that you had a power to move votes and I have time to move my vote I will.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 10:23:34

Mister E. Meat wrote:

I'm sympathetic to that line of reasoning but at the same time what makes you think that Furin didn't just do it himself. It would be awfully convenient to do something like that and just claim "Wolves!" afterward.

Because of the amount of attention it drew his way. While Furin had gathered a few votes at the beginning of the game, people weren't gunning for him until yesterday when it became apparent he was trying to trigger a power. He also started drawing attention to himself early in the day when the only person who appeared to be in jeopardy was Ozy. So in the world where Furin's a wolf, it seems risky to so blatantly charge up his powers.

The other question is what did saving San accomplish? Even if Wolf-Furin talks his way out of being lynched, San is still likely to be killed before too long for the same reasons he was up for lynch in the first place. And if San dies a wolf, you know Wolf-Furin is getting lynched the next day.

There's just not a lot of upside for Wolf Furin to do things the way they were done unless it was vitally important to buy San a few more days at the risk of Furin. It seems a lot more likely that the wolves knew they were going to be able to swing some number of votes and moved them to kill a human and force us to spend time on this conversation today.

Edit: Changed "Furin" to "Wolf-Furin" in a few places for clarity.
Last edited by necklessone on 14 Aug 2013, 10:24:47, edited 2 times in total.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 14 Aug 2013, 10:23:42

As a show of good faith, I've pulled my vote now.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 14 Aug 2013, 10:42:43

Mister E. Meat wrote:As a show of good faith, I've pulled my vote now.

Likewise. I still think it's shady that Furry was exercising that level of control over the voting process, it just doesn't seem like a human power. That said, lets see how the rest of the chips fall.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 14 Aug 2013, 10:48:50

Anvilfang wrote:I think it's safe to say that Furin did not INTENT to target Ozymandias, which means there is only one way for it to have back fired: Corruption. It would be a very odd thing for the wolves to put a corruption on one of there own, would it not?
If Furin DID intend, then it was a very ballsy move. If he survives this and turns out he was a wolf, then I'll give him a golf clap for sure.
I could see it as a possibly especially if they thought there might be someone that could read if a someone's power had been corrupted. So in order to potentially hide a member they could intentionally corrupt someone just in case. And even if they did get a power that person would know it was corrupted so would either just not use it or perhaps use it in a way that the corrupted component would work in their favor.

And as to why he’d do it if he was a wolf? Probably for the same reason people are not thinking that he could be a wolf since it would be crazy for a wolf to draw that much attention to themselves. Similar to Mortus mauling his most vocal critic in the pirate game since it looked like such an obvious set-up and that last wolf was just trying to frame Mortus. So perhaps they decided to take the gamble in that such a bold and obvious move could make FurinMirado look golden for the rest of the game. At the same time maybe hoping to get San some cover (or heat) due to being saved by the action.

I'm unsure of FurinMirado still since I don't think it's really possible for anyone to really confirm that he truly did not send in a PM to move those votes. Sure he told two people about this component of the power but unless they come forward it could be a bluff. And even if they did unless one of them was truly a confirmed human there would be no way to know if they were not just fellow wolves backstopping his story. And even then he could have sent the PM to move the votes and told those in the know that he was not going to move those votes. The main reason I voted on him yesterday is that I had received a PM from him after he talked about doing an experiment in the day thread. So to me having multiple powers felt off, even though Simple_Simon has claimed multiple powers, but I attributed that to him being non-elemental. I guess it hadn't occurred to me that a combination of powers could result in multiple different types of powers. I'd have kind of thought it would just create one power but its tone would be flavored by the powers involved. Honestly I’m not sure which way I’m leaning since I know FurinMirado has pulled off some sneaky moves in past games and perhaps this is just another one of them or maybe he truly was the victim of a corrupted power. Though I do think it would be best to try and look elsewhere today in order to not get into the same spiral we went through with Ozymandias.

In that vein I do think those that have gotten Seer results (supposedly someone Ozymandias trusted did look and confirm Anzig) should post them. Since they're not permanent Seers I don't think the risk is as great at coming out as in a normal game, but even then it is Day 6 so it might not be bad if some people could potentially be removed from the pool of possibles. Or course there's always the chance that any results have been corrupted but I think it's worth it.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 11:07:01

necklessone wrote:
Mister E. Meat wrote:

Because of the amount of attention it drew his way. While Furin had gathered a few votes at the beginning of the game, people weren't gunning for him until yesterday when it became apparent he was trying to trigger a power. He also started drawing attention to himself early in the day when the only person who appeared to be in jeopardy was Ozy. So in the world where Furin's a wolf, it seems risky to so blatantly charge up his powers.

The other question is what did saving San accomplish? Even if Wolf-Furin talks his way out of being lynched, San is still likely to be killed before too long for the same reasons he was up for lynch in the first place. And if San dies a wolf, you know Wolf-Furin is getting lynched the next day.

There's just not a lot of upside for Wolf Furin to do things the way they were done unless it was vitally important to buy San a few more days at the risk of Furin. It seems a lot more likely that the wolves knew they were going to be able to swing some number of votes and moved them to kill a human and force us to spend time on this conversation today.

Edit: Changed "Furin" to "Wolf-Furin" in a few places for clarity.

I think it's pretty telling that I haven't voted for Furin yet. After all I think I have the biggest ax to grind on him. What I think is going on is that someone close to him is lying and manipulating him and ultimately controlled those votes and what he thought his power was.

I do have to say though, going back through yesterday's thread and the PM's between me and Furin it's not looking good for him (there are several provable lies in those PM's Furin, which can be discounted as "I don't trust you so I'm not going to tell you the truth") but how this isn't a frame up is beyond me.

Pre-post edit: I know you're going to ask for an example of a lie. When first PM'd by Furin I was told the experiment was a failure but not other useful information. I responded with a point blank request as to why he has my mirror. I also told him very clearly that until he answered me I would not be moving his vote.

A little while later he responds to me saying he has no clue what I am talking about, then starts on about how he thinks he had be mauled. He said he had been mauled but was protected by a 3rd party and that he was under protection again from someone, who may or may not have been the same person. He then asks me about the goat and the badger.

I respond with a quote of this post ...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=59&start=150#p1867

and told him that my mirror had been stolen in an attack. At that point I had been holding out hope that the attack had come from a well meaning human and that they'd eventually start talking. I pressed my question further demanding a truthful answer before I'd move my vote.

His next response was a bit of a back peddle, but kind expected. Suddenly he said he was only explaining the options available to his power. Once again his protection was "definitely" coming from an outside source. He also vowed to help me find my mirror through PM but never responded to me again.

At that point I responded (since we were now discussing the codes in his PM's) that I thought it was very unlikely he was getting protection from an outside source. Furin was claiming via PM that it was 2 earths and a water than gave him his abilities. I pointed out that with 2 Earth's dead it was very unlikely that another GA had formed while he himself had gotten 2 Earths. I also pointed out that the goat seemed more like a cheese to me.

The lie in there is that he had any GA protection of his own, or that anyone else was GA protecting him (okay maybe not an outright lie but certainly far fetched). So either Furin is a lying wolf, or someone furin trusts is a lying wolf. So far I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially after seeing the votes last night. I think someone is whispering sweet nothings in Furin's ear, and they're all fucking lies.

What is interesting is that this is exactly the kind of wacky shit a wolf Ravebomb would pull.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 11:11:16

In that vein I do think those that have gotten Seer results (supposedly someone Ozymandias trusted did look and confirm Anzig) should post them. Since they're not permanent Seers I don't think the risk is as great at coming out as in a normal game, but even then it is Day 6 so it might not be bad if some people could potentially be removed from the pool of possibles. Or course there's always the chance that any results have been corrupted but I think it's worth it.

I just want to point out that I believe it was Furin who vouched Anzig.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 11:19:31

Also furin I'm not voting for you because I think you're being screwed with, I'd certainly appreciate (I can never spell that word) you confirming the events I outlined from our PM's yesterday.
You're adorable-Rave

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Aug 2013, 11:43:47

Simple_Simon wrote:What is interesting is that this is exactly the kind of wacky shit a wolf Ravebomb would pull.

Hell man, you think I could pull something this huge off and SHUT UP about it?

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 11:46:52

It looks like the Furin talk is slowing down a bit, so again I'd like to ask for opinions on my earlier post. Any thoughts, even "you're full of shit and a wolf" would be appreciated.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 11:50:52

RaveBomb wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:What is interesting is that this is exactly the kind of wacky shit a wolf Ravebomb would pull.

:D It's an idea, I mean looking at the list of remaining players you're about the only person I can think of that would be able to conceive of this level of shenanigans lol.
You're adorable-Rave

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Aug 2013, 11:51:14

You know what's better then a three way tie?

A four way tie.
redacted (was rekard)

Hellheart - 2 - rekard, Aldax
stigmata - 2- necklessone, Anzig
RaveBomb - 2 - dferrantino, Simple_Simon
rekard - 2 - ICB, RaveBomb
FurinMurado - 1 - Mister E Meat, stigmata, Meta4
Aldax - 1 - San
ICB - 0 - FurinMurado

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Aug 2013, 11:52:13

Simple_Simon wrote:
RaveBomb wrote:

:D It's an idea, I mean looking at the list of remaining players you're about the only person I can think of that would be able to conceive of this level of shenanigans lol.

I hate to disappoint, I really do, but I had exactly no involvement in yesterday's insanity. I know. It sucks.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 14 Aug 2013, 12:14:00

necklessone wrote:It looks like the Furin talk is slowing down a bit, so again I'd like to ask for opinions on my earlier post. Any thoughts, even "you're full of shit and a wolf" would be appreciated.

I think exercising a bit of caution IS a good idea. I almost posted earlier (as a joke, mind you) that we might be best served lynching Furin today just to make him less of a corruption target for the wolves. I think he's been subject to two voting mishaps so far, right?

Ozy's Grand Plan also served as a way for the wolves to focus on likely targets for whomever participated in the scheme. I'd say if you haven't already abandoned it, to do so.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 12:16:13

sphenodont wrote:
necklessone wrote:It looks like the Furin talk is slowing down a bit, so again I'd like to ask for opinions on my earlier post. Any thoughts, even "you're full of shit and a wolf" would be appreciated.

I think exercising a bit of caution IS a good idea. I almost posted earlier (as a joke, mind you) that we might be best served lynching Furin today just to make him less of a corruption target for the wolves. I think he's been subject to two voting mishaps so far, right?

Ozy's Grand Plan also served as a way for the wolves to focus on likely targets for whomever participated in the scheme. I'd say if you haven't already abandoned it, to do so.

I'll second leaving Ozy's plan at the very least (I think I made it all the way past Night 0 on it myself). But the more I think about it, the more I believe that we're probably better off abandoning all powers for the time being.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 14 Aug 2013, 12:28:07

Anzig wrote:I'm going to pick stigmata for now. Mostly due to the 2x in a row Ozy votes and Furin vote today.

Day 1: Ozy votes for me (after I vote for Hellheart), so I vote defensively for Ozy.
Day 2: Ozy votes for me at the very start of the day, so I vote for Ozy.
Day 3: Neither of us votes for the other.
Day 4: Ozy votes for me at the very start of the day, so I vote for Ozy.

What's so hard to understand about this pattern, Anzig?

Regarding Furin, I voted for him before anyone even suggested his power had been corrupted. I'm leaving it there until I decide where to shift it because it's 5.30am and I need some sleep before university today.

necklessone wrote:The case against Stigmata:

Day 1) When Stigmata started to become a serious lynch candidate, Mortus added his vote to keep Rictus tied with him.
Day 2) Mortus and Stigmata both vote for Ionitor. (Note: I don't think any probably wolves were in danger day 2; MEM, prove me wrong).
Day 3) He didn't vote for Mortus, though it doesn't say too much. The push for Mortus came fairly late.

The case for Stigmata:

If that's the strength of analysis that gets me lynched, the wolves have it.

On day 1 there was a six-way tie for a good proportion of the day. Because that's how day 1 goes: people vote to create ties because there's nothing to go on. So uh, there's that.

On day 2, Aldax and simple_simon also voted for Ionitor. Both of those are still alive, and Aldax has thrown his vote away at least twice (I can't be bothered counting past day 3 right now) whereas simple_simon seems to have missed the vote twice. But I'm the one who's accused. That's... that's chimpist.

On day 3, I didn't vote for Mortus and neither did you, you dirty wolf.

I've already dealt with day 5. Ook.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 12:35:44

stigmata wrote:
Anzig wrote:I'm going to pick stigmata for now. Mostly due to the 2x in a row Ozy votes and Furin vote today.

Day 1: Ozy votes for me (after I vote for Hellheart), so I vote defensively for Ozy.
Day 2: Ozy votes for me at the very start of the day, so I vote for Ozy.
Day 3: Neither of us votes for the other.
Day 4: Ozy votes for me at the very start of the day, so I vote for Ozy.

What's so hard to understand about this pattern, Anzig?

Regarding Furin, I voted for him before anyone even suggested his power had been corrupted. I'm leaving it there until I decide where to shift it because it's 5.30am and I need some sleep before university today.

necklessone wrote:The case against Stigmata:

The case for Stigmata:

If that's the strength of analysis that gets me lynched, the wolves have it.

On day 1 there was a six-way tie for a good proportion of the day. Because that's how day 1 goes: people vote to create ties because there's nothing to go on. So uh, there's that.

On day 2, Aldax and simple_simon also voted for Ionitor. Both of those are still alive, and Aldax has thrown his vote away at least twice (I can't be bothered counting past day 3 right now) whereas simple_simon seems to have missed the vote twice. But I'm the one who's accused. That's... that's chimpist.

On day 3, I didn't vote for Mortus and neither did you, you dirty wolf.

I've already dealt with day 5. Ook.

Twice? You need to do some re-reading or get better at lying my friend.

Edit: I wasn't included on the day 2 tally because Ozy had been knocked out which retracted my vote. I wasn't around to replace it. I missed day 4's vote because I spent Sunday with my parents and did not make it home in time to vote. So please if you're going to lie about me, do some basic fact checking first.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 14 Aug 2013, 12:39:12, edited 1 time in total.
You're adorable-Rave

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 14 Aug 2013, 12:37:01

necklessone wrote:
sphenodont wrote:

I'll second leaving Ozy's plan at the very least (I think I made it all the way past Night 0 on it myself). But the more I think about it, the more I believe that we're probably better off abandoning all powers for the time being.

So you are suggesting that those with the Air power stop trying to use them? I'd think a chance at getting a Seer that could identify a wolf even with the chance for a corrupt vision or a wolf putting one on is worth it for them to continue using their powers. Now for Fire I can kind of understand that since it would be bad to accidently give a wolf a Vig power. Same goes with Shadow since nothing good can come from their use. Earth I'm a little mixed since protection doesn't seem bad, but I guess it's possible that it could also protect from lynch which would be bad for a wolf to get. Water doesn't seem that dangerous since that's PMs which might be useful if there is some sort of HA in place. The Cheese stands alone and can do what it likes.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 14 Aug 2013, 12:37:32

I think unless we have people who have seen other people come forward and vouch for having seen others along with the elemental words that gave them their power, we're going to be screwed with your plan. So I actually propose that if anyone has had a seer like power, they should come forward with 1) the information they have since it's less dangerous than it would be and 2) the "recipe" as best they can tell and finally 3) Three or four players they recommend that the ingredients target. This should give us a chance of recreating that power while hopefully preventing the wolves from sabotaging it.

It's obviously more risky than your plan but otherwise we've got 6 days of voting with not a lot to show for it due to manipulated votes between Ozy's lynch, 7z7's disappearance and my super-saiyan vote power up for day 3. On top of which your plan will leave us with no seer and no GA either to protect.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 14 Aug 2013, 12:38:05

Simple_Simon wrote:Twice? You need to do some re-reading or get better at lying my friend.

Day 2 thread's vote history for day 1, from DOM:

Rictus - 7 - rekard, Iron Clad Burrito, Mortus, Blindsniper83, Hellheart, stigmata, FurinMirado
stigmata - 5 - RaveBomb, sphenodont, Ionitor, Rictus, Anzig
Ionitor - 3 - Wasabi, Omega, necklessone
FurinMirado - 3 - Visigoth, twdog, Smirker
RaveBomb - 2 - Nitestorm, 7-Zark-7
Iron Clad Burrito - 2 - Meta4, Mister E. Meat
San - 2 - Ryvvn, Aldax
Ryvvn - 1 - San
rekard - 1 - Anvilfang

You're not listed.

Day 4 thread's vote history for day 3, from DOM:

7-Zark-7 - 8 - Ozymandias, necklessone, RaveBomb, Iron Clad Burrito, Anzig, +3 Power
Mortus - 5 - rekard, sphenodont, Ryvvn, Mister E. Meat, + 1 Power
sphenodont - 5 - Ionitor, stigmata, Hellheart, FurinMirado, +1 Power
dferrantino - 2 - Smirker, AugenVonSauron
Mister E. Meat - 3 - Meta4, Omega, +1 Power
Visigoth - 2 - San, Wasabi
Wasabi - 2 - Visigoth, Anvilfang
Hellheart - 1 - Aldax
Smirker - 1 - Clearasday
Ozymandias - 1 - 7-Zark-7

You're not listed.

e: Heh. Apparently you didn't re-assign your vote after I beat up Ozy. TMYK.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 12:41:27

stigmata wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Twice? You need to do some re-reading or get better at lying my friend.

Day 2 thread's vote history for day 1, from DOM:

Rictus - 7 - rekard, Iron Clad Burrito, Mortus, Blindsniper83, Hellheart, stigmata, FurinMirado
stigmata - 5 - RaveBomb, sphenodont, Ionitor, Rictus, Anzig
Ionitor - 3 - Wasabi, Omega, necklessone
FurinMirado - 3 - Visigoth, twdog, Smirker
RaveBomb - 2 - Nitestorm, 7-Zark-7
Iron Clad Burrito - 2 - Meta4, Mister E. Meat
San - 2 - Ryvvn, Aldax
Ryvvn - 1 - San
rekard - 1 - Anvilfang

You're not listed.

Day 4 thread's vote history for day 3, from DOM:

7-Zark-7 - 8 - Ozymandias, necklessone, RaveBomb, Iron Clad Burrito, Anzig, +3 Power
Mortus - 5 - rekard, sphenodont, Ryvvn, Mister E. Meat, + 1 Power
sphenodont - 5 - Ionitor, stigmata, Hellheart, FurinMirado, +1 Power
dferrantino - 2 - Smirker, AugenVonSauron
Mister E. Meat - 3 - Meta4, Omega, +1 Power
Visigoth - 2 - San, Wasabi
Wasabi - 2 - Visigoth, Anvilfang
Hellheart - 1 - Aldax
Smirker - 1 - Clearasday
Ozymandias - 1 - 7-Zark-7

You're not listed.

e: Heh. Apparently you didn't re-assign your vote after I beat up Ozy. TMYK.

TMYK?
You're adorable-Rave

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 14 Aug 2013, 12:42:52

"The more you know".

Ook.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 12:47:16

stigmata wrote:"The more you know".

Ook.

Thanks.
You're adorable-Rave

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 12:55:02

Visigoth wrote:
necklessone wrote:
sphenodont wrote:

So you are suggesting that those with the Air power stop trying to use them? I'd think a chance at getting a Seer that could identify a wolf even with the chance for a corrupt vision or a wolf putting one on is worth it for them to continue using their powers. Now for Fire I can kind of understand that since it would be bad to accidently give a wolf a Vig power. Same goes with Shadow since nothing good can come from their use. Earth I'm a little mixed since protection doesn't seem bad, but I guess it's possible that it could also protect from lynch which would be bad for a wolf to get. Water doesn't seem that dangerous since that's PMs which might be useful if there is some sort of HA in place. The Cheese stands alone and can do what it likes.

Yes, I'm suggested that we stop trying to make seers, vigilantes, GAs, PM alliances, and people who can manipulate votes. There are three outcomes from any power mixture: human power, wolf power, and corrupted power. And as of right now, I'm thinking that the latter two might be dangerous enough to outweigh the benefit from the former. We've played games where the human specials are obliterated early before; this would be like that with the added bonus of cutting off the wolves supply of power manipulation.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 14 Aug 2013, 12:56:32

Feel like changing your vote against me, neckless, or otherwise responding to my defence?

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 13:00:01

stigmata wrote:Feel like changing your vote against me, neckless, or otherwise responding to my defence?

We'll see. Still have hours to go and I dislike retracting without a new target. What are your thoughts on ICB and Ravebomb?

Return to “The Banquet Hall”