Day 6: Cut-Me-Own-Throat

The wizard's natural habitat.
stigmata
ass triaging people
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 6: Cut-Me-Own-Throat

Postby stigmata » 14 Aug 2013, 13:02:15

I'm leaning towards RaveBomb, but I'll change in the morning. I'll wait to see how people who suck less at analysis than me decide to put it.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Aug 2013, 13:02:43

What are your thoughts on ICB and Ravebomb?

I'm glad you asked. If it's between those two, then OBVIOUSLY ICB is a wolf. I mean look at him, JUST LOOK. That bushy tale, those perky ears, the drooling tongue. Now as for RaveBomb, we should probably kill him before he fucks this up. Sure he's human, but pretty soon someone's going to give him a power, and then it's going to be Tombstone all over again.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 14 Aug 2013, 13:04:58

How could I not lean towards such a cutie?

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 13:07:28

Just as an FYI, I have a work event tonight that is scheduled to last past deadline. So I'll probably be on my phone from time to time. This won't stop me from adjusting my vote if necessary, but I'll probably be much quieter while I cram myself with free food and watch baseball and try to not make a fool of myself should upper management make small talk.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 14 Aug 2013, 13:23:32

I see there isn't anyone else interested in San at this point, so I'm pulling that vote back.

I'll join the vote on Hellheart, since Furin seems more clean at this time.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Aug 2013, 13:32:49

necklessone wrote:
Visigoth wrote:
necklessone wrote:
sphenodont wrote:
necklessone wrote:It looks like the Furin talk is slowing down a bit, so again I'd like to ask for opinions on my earlier post. Any thoughts, even "you're full of shit and a wolf" would be appreciated.

I think exercising a bit of caution IS a good idea. I almost posted earlier (as a joke, mind you) that we might be best served lynching Furin today just to make him less of a corruption target for the wolves. I think he's been subject to two voting mishaps so far, right?

Ozy's Grand Plan also served as a way for the wolves to focus on likely targets for whomever participated in the scheme. I'd say if you haven't already abandoned it, to do so.

I'll second leaving Ozy's plan at the very least (I think I made it all the way past Night 0 on it myself). But the more I think about it, the more I believe that we're probably better off abandoning all powers for the time being.

So you are suggesting that those with the Air power stop trying to use them? I'd think a chance at getting a Seer that could identify a wolf even with the chance for a corrupt vision or a wolf putting one on is worth it for them to continue using their powers. Now for Fire I can kind of understand that since it would be bad to accidently give a wolf a Vig power. Same goes with Shadow since nothing good can come from their use. Earth I'm a little mixed since protection doesn't seem bad, but I guess it's possible that it could also protect from lynch which would be bad for a wolf to get. Water doesn't seem that dangerous since that's PMs which might be useful if there is some sort of HA in place. The Cheese stands alone and can do what it likes.

Yes, I'm suggested that we stop trying to make seers, vigilantes, GAs, PM alliances, and people who can manipulate votes. There are three outcomes from any power mixture: human power, wolf power, and corrupted power. And as of right now, I'm thinking that the latter two might be dangerous enough to outweigh the benefit from the former. We've played games where the human specials are obliterated early before; this would be like that with the added bonus of cutting off the wolves supply of power manipulation.

By agreeing to this are we agreeing to a definite maul each night, and how would you weigh that against the chances the wolves might bypass another maul to use their full powers?
I'm not saying I stand one way or the other on your plan yet.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 14 Aug 2013, 13:48:42

I wouldn't say we bypass using the powers altogether... just that we be more careful about it and perhaps try to avoid boosting the same people over and over. I think the wolves figured out part of Ozy's HA and keyed in on Furin, and kept coming back to lap at the spring. If that happens again, we could hand them another loaded handgun with which to shoot ourselves and we'll happily do so.

Now, if we do just skip all our powers, we're basically going back to a more or less traditional vanilla game, except that we have a handful of non-elementals (who of course have mostly self-revealed) who may or may not have any mojo left.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 14:07:20

Simple_Simon wrote:Pre-post edit: I know you're going to ask for an example of a lie. When first PM'd by Furin I was told the experiment was a failure but not other useful information. I responded with a point blank request as to why he has my mirror. I also told him very clearly that until he answered me I would not be moving his vote.

A little while later he responds to me saying he has no clue what I am talking about, then starts on about how he thinks he had be mauled. He said he had been mauled but was protected by a 3rd party and that he was under protection again from someone, who may or may not have been the same person. He then asks me about the goat and the badger.

I respond with a quote of this post ...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=59&start=150#p1867

and told him that my mirror had been stolen in an attack. At that point I had been holding out hope that the attack had come from a well meaning human and that they'd eventually start talking. I pressed my question further demanding a truthful answer before I'd move my vote.

His next response was a bit of a back peddle, but kind expected. Suddenly he said he was only explaining the options available to his power. Once again his protection was "definitely" coming from an outside source. He also vowed to help me find my mirror through PM but never responded to me again.

So far these are all correct. I did not respond because my PMs were not fruitful. Someone I trust originally gave me the information that he was privy to how all of that night's powers played out. He saw what he thought was the GA power protecting someone and he thought that was me. When I came back asking about the mirror (because he specifically used the word "bounce back" in his original description) he said he actually misread the description. I was not protected and so I believe the wolves actually attempted to maul YOU that night which made you lose your mirror.

Simple_Simon wrote:At that point I responded (since we were now discussing the codes in his PM's) that I thought it was very unlikely he was getting protection from an outside source. Furin was claiming via PM that it was 2 earths and a water than gave him his abilities. I pointed out that with 2 Earth's dead it was very unlikely that another GA had formed while he himself had gotten 2 Earths. I also pointed out that the goat seemed more like a cheese to me.

The lie in there is that he had any GA protection of his own, or that anyone else was GA protecting him (okay maybe not an outright lie but certainly far fetched). So either Furin is a lying wolf, or someone furin trusts is a lying wolf. So far I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially after seeing the votes last night. I think someone is whispering sweet nothings in Furin's ear, and they're all fucking lies.

Also correct, except I believe my source is telling the truth when he said he was only mistaken.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 14:20:05

I believe these are the votes so far:

Hellheart - 3 - rekard, Aldax, sphenodont
stigmata - 2- necklessone, Anzig
RaveBomb - 2 - dferrantino, Simple_Simon
rekard - 2 - ICB, RaveBomb
FurinMirado - 1 - Mister E Meat, stigmata, Meta4
Aldax - 1 - San
ICB - 0 - FurinMirado
San - 0 - sphenodont

The only player with votes on them that I would feel okay voting for is Ravebomb, but I'm still not convinced.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 14 Aug 2013, 14:46:29

Going with RaveBomb tonight. If anything the man loves making ties so this should be right up his alley.

Still not sure about the de-powering thing. It won't stop the wolves from using their powers which might be worse than an accidental wolf Seer or GA.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 14:48:18

sphenodont wrote:I wouldn't say we bypass using the powers altogether... just that we be more careful about it and perhaps try to avoid boosting the same people over and over. I think the wolves figured out part of Ozy's HA and keyed in on Furin, and kept coming back to lap at the spring. If that happens again, we could hand them another loaded handgun with which to shoot ourselves and we'll happily do so.

Now, if we do just skip all our powers, we're basically going back to a more or less traditional vanilla game, except that we have a handful of non-elementals (who of course have mostly self-revealed) who may or may not have any mojo left.

If we did forgo our powers then we can all start claiming elements and words. We can also list all of our previous targets. Then those that got a power description can verify whether they were targeted by elements that night.

By my count there are still 3 Earth elementals that haven't claimed. 2 Pure and 1 Corrupt. If they all come forward then we can start working on figuring out which of the 3 is Corrupt. If only 2 come forward then they are Probable Humans in my book and that should check 2 more people off of the Unknown list.

Thoughts on this?

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 14:49:20

FurinMirado wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Pre-post edit: I know you're going to ask for an example of a lie. When first PM'd by Furin I was told the experiment was a failure but not other useful information. I responded with a point blank request as to why he has my mirror. I also told him very clearly that until he answered me I would not be moving his vote.

A little while later he responds to me saying he has no clue what I am talking about, then starts on about how he thinks he had be mauled. He said he had been mauled but was protected by a 3rd party and that he was under protection again from someone, who may or may not have been the same person. He then asks me about the goat and the badger.

and told him that my mirror had been stolen in an attack. At that point I had been holding out hope that the attack had come from a well meaning human and that they'd eventually start talking. I pressed my question further demanding a truthful answer before I'd move my vote.

His next response was a bit of a back peddle, but kind expected. Suddenly he said he was only explaining the options available to his power. Once again his protection was "definitely" coming from an outside source. He also vowed to help me find my mirror through PM but never responded to me again.

So far these are all correct. I did not respond because my PMs were not fruitful. Someone I trust originally gave me the information that he was privy to how all of that night's powers played out. He saw what he thought was the GA power protecting someone and he thought that was me. When I came back asking about the mirror (because he specifically used the word "bounce back" in his original description) he said he actually misread the description. I was not protected and so I believe the wolves actually attempted to maul YOU that night which made you lose your mirror.

Simple_Simon wrote:At that point I responded (since we were now discussing the codes in his PM's) that I thought it was very unlikely he was getting protection from an outside source. Furin was claiming via PM that it was 2 earths and a water than gave him his abilities. I pointed out that with 2 Earth's dead it was very unlikely that another GA had formed while he himself had gotten 2 Earths. I also pointed out that the goat seemed more like a cheese to me.

The lie in there is that he had any GA protection of his own, or that anyone else was GA protecting him (okay maybe not an outright lie but certainly far fetched). So either Furin is a lying wolf, or someone furin trusts is a lying wolf. So far I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially after seeing the votes last night. I think someone is whispering sweet nothings in Furin's ear, and they're all fucking lies.

Also correct, except I believe my source is telling the truth when he said he was only mistaken.

Based on what? I present an alternate theory to your "source's" theory, and suddenly he's mistaken and you believe him with nothing to go on?

Look it's pretty simple either we can't trust you, or we can't trust your "sources". If you're going to continue to hide behind cryptic responses to shield your sources, I would posit that we cannot trust you. Despite that I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt and what do I get in response?

"I believe him"

:roll:

If this keeps up I'm afraid, human or not, you're much too dangerous for us to keep alive.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 14:53:01

Alright, big infodump coming. Be prepared.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 14:53:34

FurinMirado wrote:
sphenodont wrote:I wouldn't say we bypass using the powers altogether... just that we be more careful about it and perhaps try to avoid boosting the same people over and over. I think the wolves figured out part of Ozy's HA and keyed in on Furin, and kept coming back to lap at the spring. If that happens again, we could hand them another loaded handgun with which to shoot ourselves and we'll happily do so.

If we did forgo our powers then we can all start claiming elements and words. We can also list all of our previous targets. Then those that got a power description can verify whether they were targeted by elements that night.

By my count there are still 3 Earth elementals that haven't claimed. 2 Pure and 1 Corrupt. If they all come forward then we can start working on figuring out which of the 3 is Corrupt. If only 2 come forward then they are Probable Humans in my book and that should check 2 more people off of the Unknown list.

Thoughts on this?

Are you kidding me? You're asking the two people who can make GA's to come forward and say that they can make GA's?

Even if you elements agree to NOT use your powers again, what makes you think we wouldn't lose both of our remaining good Earths in minutes? For the gain of only 1 wolf, possibly?

Who in their right mind would consider that a good trade off?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 14:56:09

FurinMirado wrote:Alright, big infodump coming. Be prepared.

I'm positively bursting with preparedness.
You're adorable-Rave

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 14 Aug 2013, 14:59:02

I just rewatched Day 3 where wolf Mortus Died.

I have analyzed better, and I think that Hellheart could still be a wolf but at the same time there was a sort of vote that could have tried to protect a wolf. At one point of the day, votes looked like this:

7-Zark-7 - 3 - Ozymandias, necklessone, Ravebomb
Mortus - 2 - rekard, FurinMirado
dferrantino - 2 - Smirker, AugenVonSauron
Mister E. Meat - 2 - Meta4, Omega
sphenodont - 2 - Ionitor, stigmata
Visigoth - 2 - San, Hellheart
Wasabi - 2 - Visigoth, Anvilfang
rekard - 1 - Ryvvn

After a bit, Zark got a 4th vote giving him more of an advantage over the other ties. ICB made that vote on Zark. If ICB is a wolf it could have been a way to try and protect Mortus and maybe another wolf. It is possible since well the race was too tight and Mortus was one of the 2nd place bandwagons. Giving such an advantage is something wolves can tend to do when protecting others. Ideally, wolves shouldn't do that but they still do that. He also did a "I'm not convinced "routine, like pre-apologizing about it. Hellheart though could have perfectly tried to protect 1-2 wolves (if he is a wolf) when he switched to sphenodont.

I will switch to NOT ICB for now

And ICB, I vote for who I think it's a wolf, not whoever is already on top. That's the point. Let's see what happens, but let's keep this a bit short. Too many big bandwagons already in the past days. Today looks good. Not much possibilities of a runaway at the moment.
Last edited by rekard on 14 Aug 2013, 19:58:40, edited 1 time in total.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 15:01:44

Simple_Simon wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:

Thoughts on this?

Are you kidding me? You're asking the two people who can make GA's to come forward and say that they can make GA's?

Even if you elements agree to NOT use your powers again, what makes you think we wouldn't lose both of our remaining good Earths in minutes? For the gain of only 1 wolf, possibly?

Are there more than twice as many humans to wolves? If so, then from a purely logical sense 2 humans per wolf is a winning strategy on a team level.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 15:02:40

*infodump halted*

Simple_Simon wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:

Thoughts on this?

Your first comment is moot as the theoretical scenario I am describing means we would not be making any GAs regardless.

There are 22 of us now. Probably 5 wolves. If we have to lose 10 humans to eliminate the 5 wolves there will still be 7 of us remaining and we WIN. So yes, I would sacrifice 2 people for 1 wolf, thank you. The only scenario in which we don't win is if there are somehow 7+ wolves REMAINING, which means we started with 8+ wolves. AND that's assuming that lynching a wolf gives us no better information that would allow us a better than 2:1 trade which is a false assumption.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 15:03:23

The biggest flaw in a plan based upon elemental reveals is the assumption that shadow powers are distributed symmetrically.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 14 Aug 2013, 15:12:13

rekard wrote:I just rewatched Day 3 where wolf Mortus Died.

I have analyzed better, and I think that Hellheart could still be a wolf but at the same time there was a sort of vote that could have tried to protect a wolf. At one point of the day, votes looked like this:

rekard - 1 - Ryvvn

After a bit, Zark got a 4th vote giving him more of an advantage over the other ties. ICB made that vote on Zark. If ICB is a wolf it could have been a way to try and protect Mortus and maybe another wolf. It is possible since well the race was too tight and Mortus was one of the 2nd place bandwagons. Giving such an advantage is something wolves can tend to do when protecting others. Ideally, wolves shouldn't do that but they still do that. He also did a "I'm not convinced "routine, like pre-apologizing about it. Hellheart though could have perfectly tried to protect 1-2 wolves (if he is a wolf) when he switched to sphenodont.

I will switch to ICB for now

And ICB, I vote for who I think it's a wolf, not whoever is already on top. That's the point. Let's see what happens, but let's keep this a bit short. Too many big bandwagons already in the past days. Today looks good. Not much possibilities of a runaway at the moment.

So basically today, you vote for me because you think Omega's a wolf (because you voted for him yesterday) Or Anzig (because you voted for him yesterday) and because I did something that wolves shouldn't do, which makes me a wolf.

Freaking sweet rationale. A winner is you !!

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 15:14:20

Sorry guys, something just came up here at home. But I'm promising some new shit will come to light, man. Be patient. I mean, she probably cut off her own fucking toe.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 15:16:23

FurinMirado wrote:Sorry guys, something just came up here at home. But I'm promising some new shit will come to light, man. Be patient. I mean, she probably cut off her own fucking toe.

??

Hope everything is okay.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Aug 2013, 15:17:48

DastardlyOldMan wrote:((Votes for Hellheart today are super-secret-quadrupled and give the voter free vigilante shots unless he rolls the week in some ~other game.))

I did that before I read this post, but this made me laugh :)

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 15:18:33

FurinMirado wrote:Sorry guys, something just came up here at home. But I'm promising some new shit will come to light, man. Be patient. I mean, she probably cut off her own fucking toe.

RL > games, we'll be here when you get back. Take care.
You're adorable-Rave

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Aug 2013, 15:25:14

Pretty sure that last bit is a Big Lebowski quote.

edit: got busy myself, will have to check back on everything everyone said in about an hour or so....

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 15:40:08

Ryvvn wrote:

Pretty sure that last bit is a Big Lebowski quote.

edit: got busy myself, will have to check back on everything everyone said in about an hour or so....

Sorry, didn't mean to worry anyone. Nobody lost a toe. Just suddenly felt like quoting Lebowski. :lol:

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 15:40:51

<<infodump resumed...halted...ERROR...you hear a noise in the shoggoth tank>>

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Aug 2013, 15:46:20

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Hellheart -- less worried about him than furin or rekard, but I think I was just wierded out by his move to someone he believes to be a human. It seems way too blatant to be a wolf, but it doesn't look great.

I can't begin to describe how frustrated I was yesterday. I put more time into the game that day than I had in all the previous days combined, and it yielded nothing. Literally absolutely nothing. I tried my best and ended up wasting hours upon hours of my own time.

It was bad enough that I think for the rest of this game, and for the next several games, I'm going to heavily restrict how much time I spend on this.

I'm not going to be a negative nancy about everything -- but I want to caution us all for taking Ozy's list as gospel, or even a reliable start. Yes, Ozy was human, but his analysis was fucking atrocious this game.

I'm wondering if Ozy's poor analysis was a casualty of his apparent focus on identifying humans instead of identifying wolves. That tactic makes an awful lot of sense in a game with no dedicated seer, because somebody has to convincingly clear humans by the endgame.

I'm not sure if I trust his list, in and of itself. Ozy's gone, quit letting him distract you.

His list goes along with the few reads I've had, although he misses people that I very strongly believe are human (like Stigmata and SS, since the 6th non-elemental has yet to be revealed). Based on the reveals today, Omega is the only person on that list that I read as a likely wolf, although there are 2 or 3 that could potentially be a wolf.

I don't even want to try to make serious reads and cast my vote at the moment. Even talking about yesterday bothers the shit out of me.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 14 Aug 2013, 15:52:01

Red crawled out from under the table she had been passed out under for the last 24 hours. Apparently all the Cognac and Jagermeister were not mixing well. She could only imagine what a room full of bickering old men took photos of and posted on the wizardnet. Whatever....wasn't the first time. The fact was her head hurt and she really couldn't hope to do much more than not be stupid on this day. Seemed most of the conference had gone like that. Hellheart for the win Bob. She promptly collapsed under the table again.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 14 Aug 2013, 15:59:23

FurinMirado wrote:<<infodump resumed...halted...ERROR...you hear a noise in the shoggoth tank>>

RESPOND RELIABLY, MY MASTER

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 14 Aug 2013, 16:13:04

I might not be on later, folks, just FYI.

Edit for more details: its my folks 40th anniversary this weekend, and stupidly I offered to host a surprise party, while still knee deep in a kitchen reno. :flail:

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 16:26:44

My Day 1 power I came clean about on Day 2.

My Day 2 power was very interesting...

Paraphrased Description: Bright Sky, Hailstorm, Salamander, Cheese
Translation: Air/Fire?, Water/Earth?, Fire/Water/Earth? and Cheese (I nearly got all words from one element)

I had the power to start a PM chain. It was not 2-way, but each player could PM another player ad infinitum. I chose to PM [PLAYER A] and took a risk by entrusting him with ALL of the information about myself including the full description of the power I am describing right now. I suggested he PM Ozymandias because, lets face it, he's the King of forming Human Alliances. As it turns out, he followed my suggestion. Ozymandias did what he does best and a substantial HA was formed. I got partial Seer information from the LAST person in that chain.

Anzig is a CONFIRMED HUMAN with Element [CENSORED]

At this point the HA continues to gain momentum and even if I am removed you can expect the HA to steamroll the wolves in a matter of a few days.

I'm not going to reveal PLAYER A's name, but I will let him reveal himself if he wants to. The same goes for Anzig and sphenodont's elements. If they wish to reveal their elements they are welcome to it, but I won't reveal a secret I was entrusted with.

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 14 Aug 2013, 16:30:35

Vote on RETRACTED (from rekard), in case I don't make it back to read further developments.
Last edited by Wasabi on 14 Aug 2013, 19:51:41, edited 1 time in total.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 16:48:05

FurinMirado wrote:My Day 1 power I came clean about on Day 2.

Subject: Day 2: Breaking Fast Bad

FurinMirado wrote:Yesterday I was given the power to switch a vote. I figured the best course of action was to not use it all unless in self defense and then come clean about it the following day. So for the sake of a clean(er) vote history here is what happened:

I get online late in the day and see that I have acquired 3 votes putting me in 3rd place. I then send a PM to DOM to switch Ryvvn's vote from San to Rictus, the current vote leader. So in the event that I acquire 2 more votes to "tie" with Rictus, he will actually be one vote ahead of me. I figure I'm safe at this point. I publicly vote for Ionitor and went to bed.

However, it was my vote that was switched to Rictus and Ryvvn's vote remained on San. I can only assume I was not only targeted by Earth (and Cheese) but also Shadow.

Also, before you can ask, yes my power was temporary.

Any questions?

In which you were conveniently shadowed, to explain why your vote moved. K, let's move on.

FurinMirado wrote:My Day 2 power was very interesting...

Paraphrased Description: Bright Sky, Hailstorm, Salamander, Cheese
Translation: Air/Fire?, Water/Earth?, Fire/Water/Earth? and Cheese (I nearly got all words from one element)

I had the power to start a PM chain. It was not 2-way, but each player could PM another player ad infinitum. I chose to PM [PLAYER A] and took a risk by entrusting him with ALL of the information about myself including the full description of the power I am describing right now. I suggested he PM Ozymandias because, lets face it, he's the King of forming Human Alliances. As it turns out, he followed my suggestion. Ozymandias did what he does best and a substantial HA was formed. I got partial Seer information from the LAST person in that chain.

That information is not consistent with the phrase "partial seer", that would be a full seer. You saw his element, name and affiliation. How could it possibly be any other way? Okay.

FurinMirado wrote:At this point the HA continues to gain momentum and even if I am removed you can expect the HA to steamroll the wolves in a matter of a few days.

The same HA that conspired to frame you and stab Ozy in the back?

FurinMirado wrote:I'm not going to reveal PLAYER A's name, but I will let him reveal himself if he wants to. The same goes for Anzig and sphenodont's elements. If they wish to reveal their elements they are welcome to it, but I won't reveal a secret I was entrusted with.

No one asked you to reveal secrets ... here is what I asked you very specifically.

Simple_Simon wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:

Based on what? I present an alternate theory to your "source's" theory, and suddenly he's mistaken and you believe him with nothing to go on?

Look it's pretty simple either we can't trust you, or we can't trust your "sources". If you're going to continue to hide behind cryptic responses to shield your sources, I would posit that we cannot trust you. Despite that I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt and what do I get in response?

"I believe him"

:roll:

If this keeps up I'm afraid, human or not, you're much too dangerous for us to keep alive.

Emphasis on the question. Based on what information are you believing that your "sources" are telling YOU the truth? I didn't ask who or what your sources are, I asked you WHY you believe them AFTER you have been used as a pawn.

So apparently your big info dump is mostly information we already knew, convenient shadow's 2 of the 3 times you got powers but the one time you weren't shadowed you seer a guy "partially" and got his entire information.

Thanks.
You're adorable-Rave

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 14 Aug 2013, 16:52:00

For *CONFIRMED HUMAN*, I'm running with the definition of my receiving a seer result of *HUMAN*. I cannot confirm any humans by that definition.
Slightly below that is human beyond a reasonable doubt. By this standard I know of at least two humans and Furin is one of them. Other humans are known to both of us, and I'll ask that they stay silent until furin or myself have been toasted.

For the folks wanting confirmation, Furin told me of his ability to switch the votes around yesterday. Since I'd voted for him on a previous day, we were PMing all day yesterday.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 14 Aug 2013, 16:52:50

The same HA that conspired to frame you and stab Ozy in the back?

Elaborate please?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 16:57:56

Simple_Simon wrote:That information is not consistent with the phrase "partial seer", that would be a full seer. You saw his element, name and affiliation. How could it possibly be any other way? Okay.

Hey moron, think for a minute. Everyone has a name, element, affiliation and....WORD. I do not know the word associated with his element.

I'm done trying to explain things to you. If I'm not lynched today I will be mauled tonight. The HA has all of the information they need to finish the game. I'm going to cast my vote and then my work here is done. Do as you will.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 14 Aug 2013, 17:01:25

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

rekard - 1 - Ryvvn

So basically today, you vote for me because you think Omega's a wolf (because you voted for him yesterday) Or Anzig (because you voted for him yesterday) and because I did something that wolves shouldn't do, which makes me a wolf.

You need better reading comprehension. Anzig's vote was a trick. I have done that before, most of the time with no result, if you care to see other games, as you seem to try to be recalling, you will see that I do that quite often. When people voted for Anzig, I was like weirded out, specially Wasabi with his totally useless hit and run posts. If you can see the reasoning yesterday, it was pretty empty. Don't be so literal. Other people do it and you don't bat an eye. So yeah, you are wrong.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 17:02:48

FurinMirado wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:That information is not consistent with the phrase "partial seer", that would be a full seer. You saw his element, name and affiliation. How could it possibly be any other way? Okay.

Hey moron, think for a minute. Everyone has a name, element, affiliation and....WORD. I do not know the word associated with his element.

I'm done trying to explain things to you. If I'm not lynched today I will be mauled tonight. The HA has all of the information they need to finish the game. I'm going to cast my vote and then my work here is done. Do as you will.

Hey when you use a line like this ...

You might want to indicate that the element was withheld from you next time. As that line reads right now it looks to me like your the one censoring his element, moron.
You're adorable-Rave

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 17:05:40

There's no way I'm staying up all night again. This is my last post of the Day and then I am closing my laptop and going to bed. This game is not good for my sleep patterns...or work productivity. (BTW, good game DOM!)

Iron Clad Burrito because:

1. I'm fairly sure Hellheart, stigmata, and rekard are all human.
2. I nearly voted for Ravebomb, but realized that everyone voting for Ravebomb is on the Unknown list. That's sketchy.
3. He himself remains on the list of Unknowns.
4. I haven't been able to find any reason to think he might be human.

I believe these are the votes so far:

RaveBomb - 3 - dferrantino, Simple_Simon, Visigoth
rekard - 3 - ICB, RaveBomb, Wasabi
Hellheart - 2 - Aldax, sphenodont, Augenvonsauron
stigmata - 2- necklessone, Anzig
Iron Clad Burrito - 2 - rekard, FurinMirado
FurinMirado - 1 - stigmata

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 17:07:00

Simple_Simon wrote:]

You might want to indicate that the element was withheld from you next time. As that line reads right now it looks to me like your the one censoring his element, moron.

It was NOT withheld from me. I know Anzig's Element. I'm withholding it from the public thread, as indicated at the bottom of my previous post. You are truly hopeless.

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 14 Aug 2013, 17:07:29

Simple_Simon wrote:So either Furin is a lying wolf, or someone furin trusts is a lying wolf. So far I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially after seeing the votes last night. I think someone is whispering sweet nothings in Furin's ear, and they're all fucking lies.

*sigh*
This is my screw-up. I found meaning in some of DOM's flavor text where there was none. The first time I wrote down my interpretation was in a PM to Furin.
DOM corrected me, but by then it had gotten out in the wild and caused problems.
This is not the only time this game where I've made extra work for DOM in correcting things. At least two other ppl can confirm that for today alone. :oops:

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 17:21:02

FurinMirado wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:]

It was NOT withheld from me. I know Anzig's Element. I'm withholding it from the public thread, as indicated at the bottom of my previous post. You are truly hopeless.

The it was a full seer. You know his element and affiliation. As far as the words go I was under the impression (correct me if I am wrong) based on this rule ...

Targets will only know what their gained powers are, not necessarily what words were used.

that words aren't going to be revealed.

Now I'm always pretty bad at getting the rules right, but calling me names for a misunderstanding is pretty useless. Of course though, if you can't attack the argument ...
You're adorable-Rave

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 14 Aug 2013, 17:24:36

rekard wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

rekard - 1 - Ryvvn

You need better reading comprehension. Anzig's vote was a trick. I have done that before, most of the time with no result, if you care to see other games, as you seem to try to be recalling, you will see that I do that quite often. When people voted for Anzig, I was like weirded out, specially Wasabi with his totally useless hit and run posts. If you can see the reasoning yesterday, it was pretty empty. Don't be so literal. Other people do it and you don't bat an eye. So yeah, you are wrong.

On the other hand, you took the tiniest part of what I said (Anzig) and said that since that tiny part is incorrect, everything else I said is moot.

Are you sure I'm not married to you? I mean, really. :lol:

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Aug 2013, 17:27:58

Alright, going to break my rule for one thing:

@simple_simon, sorry for blowing up at you. I'm seriously stressed out at work and trying to deal with my boss while simultaneously processing the horde of things happening in this game. Then I make mistakes and fuck everything up, it's frustrating. But that's no reason to be a bad sport. I'm sorry and I hope there's no hard feelings.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Aug 2013, 17:29:13

Seems to be quite the pissing contest going on right about now; feel free to drop your robes and return to objective debate anytime, gentleman.

Based on patterns and overall inaccuracy of us humans to grant uncorrupted powers, I think it safest to abstain from word usage; perhaps at least until we nail another wolf to the wall.
Last edited by Ryvvn on 14 Aug 2013, 17:32:40, edited 1 time in total.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 14 Aug 2013, 17:31:04

FurinMirado wrote:Alright, going to break my rule for one thing:

@simple_simon, sorry for blowing up at you. I'm seriously stressed out at work and trying to deal with my boss while simultaneously processing the horde of things happening in this game. Then I make mistakes and fuck everything up, it's frustrating. But that's no reason to be a bad sport. I'm sorry and I hope there's no hard feelings.

((OOC: None of course, if I start to attack your person within these brackets then we have an issue. Everything else is in good sport and in character.))
You're adorable-Rave

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 14 Aug 2013, 17:32:25

See, I TOLD you that ICB looked a litle wolfy.

I am now SO CONFIDENT that I will tack my vote on him Iron Clad Burrito
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anvilfang » 14 Aug 2013, 17:33:30

So I guess I'm the only person still suspicious of San Redacted at this point? I might change my vote off him later on but I'm just putting it down for posterity that I still think he's a wolf.
Last edited by Anvilfang on 14 Aug 2013, 19:36:17, edited 1 time in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Aug 2013, 17:39:55

Anvilfang wrote:So I guess I'm the only person still suspicious of San at this point? I might change my vote off him later on but I'm just putting it down for posterity that I still think he's a wolf.

You're not the only one, just still trying to decide where my vote would be best placed tonight... as I feel like each night might be my last since outing myself.

Return to “The Banquet Hall”