The wizard's natural habitat.
sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Re: Day J: Protection by B&S

Postby sphenodont » 19 Aug 2013, 13:52:33

Anvilfang wrote:I honestly have no idea why I would be second on that list...

Because we converted you second, sweetie. ;)

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Aug 2013, 13:54:11

Hellheart wrote:
RaveBomb wrote:Meta4
Shadow Cheese is gone.

You're adorable.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Meta4 » 19 Aug 2013, 14:03:47

I'm not too late to jump on the Sphenodont choo-choo train, am I?

I'm not sure why some of you guys want to ring my neck so badly. I am a fire wizard and I've voted according to the assigned list every damn day.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Aug 2013, 14:06:09

Meta4 wrote:I'm not sure why some of you guys want to ring my neck so badly. I am a fire wizard and I've voted according to the assigned list every damn day.

Can you share with us each night's chosen target? So, maybe, someone can vouch for you.
If you can't or if all your targets are either dead or did not receive a power from your targeting, seems you're on deck....

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 19 Aug 2013, 14:18:02

Ryvvn wrote:Can you share with us each night's chosen target? So, maybe, someone can vouch for you.

Not sure how someone would vouch for me, but my voting history speaks for itself. As a fire wizard, I'm voting for folks with names between F and M and S and W. That would be these guys:

Assuming Sphenodont bites the dust tonight, that means I'm voting for Furin, Hellheart, simple_simon, stigmata, or Visigoth tomorrow.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Aug 2013, 14:24:24

Meta4 wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Can you share with us each night's chosen target? So, maybe, someone can vouch for you.

Not sure how someone would vouch for me, but my voting history speaks for itself. As a fire wizard, I'm voting for folks with names between F and M and S and W.

Wait... voting or targeting? The word, according to the rigorous method you've applied, makes a big difference here!
Like, why would you be voting to lynch people with specific names??

*edit: also, what we're looking for, is the names of each person you chose to use your word on for each night that's passed.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 19 Aug 2013, 14:40:13

13 Players left at the beginning of Day J

By End of Day J: 11 Players, 10 Human, 1 Wolf

If the current theory holds then we have 1 Wolf and he is Shadow Fire. We have 3 Fire not vouched for (hint: I posted a list with their names). We can just go through that list and even if it turns out I am some sort of Machiavellian Mastermind, you can still lynch me and win.

End of Day 10: 9 Players, 8 Human, 1 Wolf

End of Day 11: 7 Players, 6 Human, 1 Wolf

End of Day 12: 5 Players, 4 Human, 1 Wolf

End of Day 13/OMG IT WAS FURIN THE WHOLE TIME!: 4 Players, 4 Human, 0 Wolves

The worst possible outcome is if there was a conversion. In this case Day 13 ends with my lynching, I am revealed Human, and there is a maul bringing the total players down to 3. You guys will have 1 last lynch attempt before the sole, converted Wolf reaches parity.

All in all, this game looks wrapped up for the Humans.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anvilfang » 19 Aug 2013, 14:41:14

Anvilfang wrote:Alright, to confirm: Yes I am fire. My word is "Flame"

My targets so far:

Yes I'm fire.

Targets:
Day 0 - Ozymandias
Day 1 - Forgot!
Day 2 - Blindsniper
Day 3 - Wasabi
Day 4 - Necklessone
Day 5 - Forgot!
Day 6 - Anzig
Day 7 - San
Day 8 - Didn't use Simple Simon
Day 9 - Simple Simon Didn't use

Sorry guys, I just realized I screwed up on my list. I didnt' use my power LAST night, but I targetted Simon on Day 8.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2013, 14:47:54

RaveBomb wrote:
rekard wrote:By pure elimination, seems that you three are fire. So who are your targets?

It is as you say, a pyromancer am I.

Night 0 - twdog
Night 1 - Stigmata -> FurinMirado
Night 2 - Ozy -> twdog
Night 3 - Ozy
Night 4 - Ozy
Night 5 - 7 Zark 7
Night 6 - rekard
Night 7 - No target (forgot :( )
Night 8 - Anzig -> furin
Night 9 - Furin -> necklessone

As much as it brings me pain to do this, on Night 6 I received a power of fire and cheese, which was my double vote power against Wasabi on Day 7. Which matches Ravebomb. So for all of you fans who wanted a wolf Rave you will be disappointed. Btw, Rave what is your word?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2013, 14:49:18

Anvilfang wrote:
Anvilfang wrote:Alright, to confirm: Yes I am fire. My word is "Flame"

My targets so far:

Yes I'm fire.

Targets:
Day 0 - Ozymandias
Day 1 - Forgot!
Day 2 - Blindsniper
Day 3 - Wasabi
Day 4 - Necklessone
Day 5 - Forgot!
Day 6 - Anzig
Day 7 - San
Day 8 - Didn't use Simple Simon
Day 9 - Simple Simon Didn't use

Sorry guys, I just realized I screwed up on my list. I didnt' use my power LAST night, but I targetted Simon on Day 8.

If that is true you and I gave Simon his vig kill and Meta4 should be the last wolf.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 19 Aug 2013, 14:52:50

I'm trying to understand the reasoning on Meta4 so can someone walk me through it? Sure he's a Fire wizard but there a couple of others as well. I guess my main hang-up with Meta4 is that it means on Days 1 & 2 three wolves were voting on and around each other. Day 1 Meta4 and Mister E. Meat are the only ones to vote on Iron Clad Burrito. Day 2 Meta4 and Iron Clad Burrito are the very first ones to vote on Mister E. Meat. Now Day 2 can be explained away simply due to Mister E. Meat having the vote manipulation power making it safe for wolves to vote on him. Even still the first two are wolves? And Day 1 could be explained by being Day 1, but again kind of crazy. But as I mentioned before, perhaps all part of the plan.

Of course since Meta4 is talking about voting for me, a Seer'd Air Wizard, in which the corrupted Air wizard is already dead is rather interesting. Kind of the same goes for Simple_Simon as the corrupted non-elementalist is already dead. Granted if the wolves were able to convert it does make it possible one of us has been converted, but still interesting that he'd just to those instead of the remaining unknowns. Also I'm rather confused by his little chart he posted since why would he be doing anything with Iron Clad Burrito on Day 9 seeing as he's been dead since the start of Day 7.

Would be curious to see the words of the remaining Fire wizards. Might not matter much for Meta4 since he'll likely die tomorrow, but just wondering. There's something bouncing around in the back of my head which is likely totally a figment of my imagination or not. Wouldn't even mind knowing Augenvonsauron's as well just for completeness.

And for reference I targeted necklessone last night. Poor choice it seems.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 19 Aug 2013, 15:03:39

I targeted Visigoth last night.

Meta4 ended up voting for wolves at a much higher rate than an uninformed Human might. He also resisted providing us with his Element and night targets.

Also his behavior on the day ICB was lynched (day 6?) smelled of wolf tactics.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Aug 2013, 15:18:16

FurinMirado wrote:I targeted Visigoth last night.

Meta4 ended up voting for wolves at a much higher rate than an uninformed Human might. He also resisted providing us with his Element and night targets.

Also his behavior on the day ICB was lynched (day 6?) smelled of wolf tactics.

So basically the wolves were all around going into backstab mode so they could try to finish as a lone wolf. That is a certainly interesting tactic. I mean I see one wolf using it but three? Bold move, but probably a bit too much. It's like being too human makes you wolfy.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Aug 2013, 15:37:33

It's a frakin' Day[9] reference. Gawd I'm slow.

rekard: FORGE
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 19 Aug 2013, 15:55:36

Visigoth wrote:I'm trying to understand the reasoning on Meta4 so can someone walk me through it? Sure he's a Fire wizard but there a couple of others as well. I guess my main hang-up with Meta4 is that it means on Days 1 & 2 three wolves were voting on and around each other. Day 1 Meta4 and Mister E. Meat are the only ones to vote on Iron Clad Burrito. Day 2 Meta4 and Iron Clad Burrito are the very first ones to vote on Mister E. Meat. Now Day 2 can be explained away simply due to Mister E. Meat having the vote manipulation power making it safe for wolves to vote on him. Even still the first two are wolves?

Someone pointed out quite a few days ago that a wolf starting a bandwagon on another wolf, or being the 2nd vote on another wolf, is not an uncommon tactic.

I've gotten a wolfy "feel" from Meta4 for awhile now, based on his posts and reasoning more than his actual votes. I've come to realize that I'm godawful at analyzing vote trends, but given enough time I can make pretty accurate reads on people based on their posts. Helps to know their tendencies though, otherwise I run into plenty of situations where I'm gunning for somebody who just happens to always play a certain way.

The other major incriminating thing about Meta4? According to his targeting list (yes, I know he said voting record, but I'm saying it's his targeting list as well since that's how he's treating it. Why not? I think that's what San did after all), he's targeted confirmed wolves, now-dead San once, and me once. His targeting in and of itself doesn't matter, but the fact that the only living trustworthy person who could possibly back up his claims would be a newbie that's exhibited such poor judgement that only an idiot would target him? ...Yeah.

If he's not a wolf, that's just the worst targeting list ever. And since Ravebomb is cleared (sorry for thinking you were a wolf earlier on, but I most recently said I leaned towards you as Human so I'M GETTING BETTER DAMNIT) it's a matter of whether Anvilfang's or Meta4's list is more trustworthy even if we can't confirm either.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Aug 2013, 16:57:13

Hellheart, next game, you die first. :mrgreen:

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Aug 2013, 17:05:46

Don't forget, next game you lose "prior GM" immunity.

RaveBomb is the New Mortus.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 19 Aug 2013, 17:22:46

Just because I feel like I should post an official tally:

sphenodont - 10 - rekard, Ryvvn, Hellheart, FurinMirado, Visigoth, stigmata, simple_simon, Anvilfang, Aldax, Meta4
Meta4 - 2 - RaveBomb, AugenVonSauron

Yet to vote:
sphenodont

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 19 Aug 2013, 17:48:39

RaveBomb wrote:Hellheart, next game, you die first. :mrgreen:

Hey, I can't get a read on people that don't post much of anything until I've had some history with them! I didn't even know that you were the GM last game!

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Aug 2013, 17:57:20

That has nothing to with anything. :)

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 19 Aug 2013, 18:17:22

RaveBomb wrote:Hellheart, next game, you die first. :mrgreen:

I voted for him on Day 1!

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Aug 2013, 18:35:47

So seriously guys, when are we going to kill FurinMirado? I mean, he's completely throwing all his teammates under the bus, and you guys are totally snowed.

I mean seriously, why else would he be alive at this point in the game?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 19 Aug 2013, 18:43:49

sphenodont wrote:So seriously guys, when are we going to kill FurinMirado? I mean, he's completely throwing all his teammates under the bus, and you guys are totally snowed.

I'm honestly not sure. You've nearly gotten him lynched at least twice. It's a miracle that he's still alive, but he was an awfully big help in confirming a slew of humans this weekend ;p

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Aug 2013, 18:50:44

You guys do know that you are supposed to take the votes OFF of me for the special power to work, right?

Right?

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Aug 2013, 18:51:31

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:So seriously guys, when are we going to kill FurinMirado? I mean, he's completely throwing all his teammates under the bus, and you guys are totally snowed.

You've nearly gotten him lynched at least twice.

ACTING!

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 19 Aug 2013, 18:52:14

Ryvvn wrote:Wait... voting or targeting? The word, according to the rigorous method you've applied, makes a big difference here!

*edit: also, what we're looking for, is the names of each person you chose to use your word on for each night that's passed.

Yeah, I uhh... haven't done that whole targeting thing, actually. Whoops.

Since I'm not sure if my targeting is a good thing or a bad thing, I haven't used it. I thought the list voting doohickey was for votes, not targeting.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 19 Aug 2013, 18:59:50

Hellheart wrote:

I'm honestly not sure. You've nearly gotten him lynched at least twice. It's a miracle that he's still alive, but he was an awfully big help in confirming a slew of humans this weekend ;p

If I become evil you'll know it because of my long moustache. I'm a traditionalist.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 19 Aug 2013, 19:06:42

Meta4 wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Wait... voting or targeting? The word, according to the rigorous method you've applied, makes a big difference here!

Yeah, I uhh... haven't done that whole targeting thing, actually. Whoops.

Since I'm not sure if my targeting is a good thing or a bad thing, I haven't used it. I thought the list voting doohickey was for votes, not targeting.
You might need to look at that again since it says you voted on Iron Clad Burrito yesterday which would be rather impressive seeing as he was dead by that point and you actually didn't vote that day. Plus as others have mentioned you've had an amazing record for voting on wolves. Probably the best one in the entire game. If you're not a wolf that's some pretty good voting actions.

And not targeting anyone? Why didn't you target anyone? That's kind of the point of the game in a sense.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Aug 2013, 20:00:04

Totally comfortably positive the Secret Alliance of Secret Allying has got this one correct, gentlemen!

Return to “The Banquet Hall”