DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Day 13: Great Gourdes!

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 21 Aug 2013, 20:24:26

The only way that anyone could have found out about corrupting the elements was, well, with a book, right? And who kept watch over the books? The Librarian. It all made perfect sense, somehow. The Committe was feeling a bit - well - reduced.

The problem, of course, was that stigmata was ten stone of gorilla with teeth resembling a prehistoric predator. No one wanted to be the first to launch a fireball, because the blasted ape was athletic - and he packed a mean punch. One only had to think about poor Ozymandias or Hellheart to recall just what he could do.

Ridcully sighed. He hated that it had come to this, but a man must make sacrifices, for the greater good. As the librarian crouched menacingly in the corner, baring those barbaric teeeth, Ridcully extracted his copy of "101 Amuzing Gourdes Volume 2 - Illustrated" and walked slowly over to the window. The book held high, he unlatched the sash, and let fly.

With a loud cry of "Oooook", stigmata barrelled through the adjacent window. If he survived the fall, no one would know, but L-space could do strange things to a man ape.
--
The next morning, the light slowly crept through the windows, occasionally getting blocked up in the narrower slits before slowly oozing out, not unlike the omelets of late, or Aldax's blood pooling on the floor.

As you gathered around the unfortunate soul, a small block of cheese tumbled from his robes, and melted down to join with his drained life force.

"Fondue"
--
stigmata - The Librarian (non-elemental Wizard) - lynched
It's time to face facts - you're a 200+ pound gorilla made of pure muscle. Once per game, you can pummel someone unconscious until the next morning, blocking their vote, word usage, and any powers they may have. Anytime someone uses the word "monkey", you gain an additional use of this power against that person only. You can accumulate knockouts against multiple targets, however - no more than two knockouts total in a given day. Earth powers are enhanced on the Librarian.

Aldax - Wizard (Cheese: Fondue) - mauled

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 13: Great Gourdes!

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 21 Aug 2013, 20:24:40

Stigmata - 7 - Anvilfang, RaveBomb, Aldax, AugenVonSauron, Ryvvn, Visigoth, simple_simon

[+] Vote History
Anvilfang votes for AugenVonSauron (retracted)
Hellheart votes for No Lynch (retracted)
RaveBomb votes for Anvilfang (retracted)
Anvilfang votes for Stigmata
Hellheart votes for Stigmata (retracted)
RaveBomb votes for Stigmata
Aldax votes for Stigmata
AugenVonSauron votes for Stigmata
Ryvvn votes for Stigmata
stigmata votes for Hellheart (retracted)
Visigoth votes for Stigmata
simple_simon votes for Stigmata

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 21 Aug 2013, 20:26:17

((FYI - I'm very, very occupied at work this week, so my apologies for not being as attentive to the Day thread as I should be. I'd say PM me if you have specific questions, but that's only going to help so much. I'll try to keep up where I can.))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ryvvn » 21 Aug 2013, 20:34:30

Hellheart should be okay now, but once power PMs are sent, we'll follow through with the plan of releasing information; however, I am now seriously suspicious of Hellheart's humanity. It's possible he had knowledge of the effect of using the word "monkey" and planned to bait stigmata into unwittingly knocking him out. It's also possible, since he's the one who came up with this whole plan, that he's orchestrating it to keep himself alive until the final four, at which point he could try to convince for a No Lynch vote, then snipe vote a lynch and maul, bringing parity.

Paranoia, perhaps; but something to be wary of....

*edit: I hate that thread lock prevents me from editing previous days' posts where I can see blatant typos! :x

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 21 Aug 2013, 20:39:45

((Power PMs have been sent.))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 21 Aug 2013, 20:40:39

DOM, clarification on the Librarian (though I think I already know the answer), use of the word monkey on any day gives Librarian a single knockout use against that person on that day or any future day?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 21 Aug 2013, 20:45:17

Ryvvn wrote:DOM, clarification on the Librarian (though I think I already know the answer), use of the word monkey on any day gives Librarian a single knockout use against that person on that day or any future day?

Any future day.

e: Reread that question. Yes - that day or any day in the future. There were limitations on that which weren't in the role description.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 21 Aug 2013, 20:56:33

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:DOM, clarification on the Librarian (though I think I already know the answer), use of the word monkey on any day gives Librarian a single knockout use against that person on that day or any future day?

Any future day.

e: Reread that question. Yes - that day or any day in the future. There were limitations on that which weren't in the role description.

Unless I'm missing something, doesn't seem to be an easy way to search through a particular user's previous posts (for say keyword monkey); so, guess I'll need to reread through past days to see if Hellheart comes across as blatantly saying it... unless that was Stig's one time use on anyone and Ozy's knockout was from use of the word....

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 21 Aug 2013, 21:42:16

Ryvvn wrote:Hellheart should be okay now, but once power PMs are sent, we'll follow through with the plan of releasing information; however, I am now seriously suspicious of Hellheart's humanity. It's possible he had knowledge of the effect of using the word "monkey" and planned to bait stigmata into unwittingly knocking him out. It's also possible, since he's the one who came up with this whole plan, that he's orchestrating it to keep himself alive until the final four, at which point he could try to convince for a No Lynch vote, then snipe vote a lynch and maul, bringing parity.

Paranoia, perhaps; but something to be wary of....

*edit: I hate that thread lock prevents me from editing previous days' posts where I can see blatant typos! :x

I did say the word (Day 0). HOWEVER, read DOM's posts yesterday - if there is one wolf and he doesn't vote, he cannot maul anybody.

Somebody got mauled. I did not have a vote because I was incapacitated (although I should have seen DOM's message before I started gabbing away like an idiot). My vote was removed, and so was Stigmata's on me just like it happened with Ozy. No vote, no power, no word usage. Ergo, I cannot be the wolf.

EDIT: If Simple_Simon is lynched and revealed as a wolf, then I could theoretically be a wolf, but I present the case against that in my next post as well as a modified targeting list to confirm me as human before the must-lynch day where we'd lynch Ravebomb. Because I'm human.

Ravebomb, did you get a power? Please give us the key words and a paraphrased description of the power, like FurinMirado did over the weekend.
Last edited by Hellheart on 21 Aug 2013, 22:28:47, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 21 Aug 2013, 22:03:58

Aldax got mauled, so there's no vig power today. As per the voting plan, we lynch Simple_Simon today.

The following assumes that Ravebomb got a power, which automatically confirms Ryvvn and Visigoth as human. The beating effectively confirms me as human as well, because I can only be a wolf if there are two wolves and if Simple_Simon is not a wolf than there's only one wolf (barring a double conversion). Having said that, the original targeting plan does not involve me as a target or targeting somebody but I'll work Ravebomb and me targeting separate people just to assuage paranoia. One of us will be confirmed tomorrow.

If you seriously want to believe that I knew that Stigmata would get a second use because I called him a monkey, then pushed for lynching him for completely valid reasons because I somehow knew that he would knock me unconscious...well, then answer this one: how did I know that I would become the wolf, since I've been proven to have a non-corrupted word? Did I somehow set this all up since Day 0 because I knew that Stigmata would be alive the entire game and I would get targeted by a conversion power? If you want to tie it to cheese, why me and not Aldax, who was also a cheese elemental?

If there are two wolves and Simple_Simon is not one of them, we were fucked the day we lynched dferrantino. If there are two wolves AND simple_simon was one of them, the slightly modified targeting list will still win it for us.

Confirmed Human List (not for the tinfoil hat crowd):
Ravebomb (Fire: Forge)
Ryvvn (Water: Ocean)
Visigoth (Air: Sky)
Hellheart (Cheese: String)

----------------------

Voting Plan:

Day 13: We lynch SS and follow the targeting plan.

Day 14: AVS or Anvilfang will be confirmed as human. We lynch the other one, as he is now the only person that has not been confirmed as human.

Day 15: We lynch Ravebomb for the game.

----------------------------

Targeting Plan

Scenario 2 (Ravebomb, Hellheart, Ryvvn, Visigoth human)
Hellheart, Ryvvn, and AVS target Visigoth
Ravebomb, Visigoth, and Anvilfang target Ryvvn

Day 14
Visigoth or Ryvvn will be mauled. We don't need to target anymore, but we can do it anyway for the paranoid:

Scenario 1 (Ravebomb, Hellheart, Ryvvn, Anvilfang human)
Anvilfang and Ravebomb will target Ryvvn
Ryvvn and Hellheart will target Anvilfang

Scenario 2 (Ravebomb, Hellheart, Visigoth, AVS human)
AVS and Ravebomb will target Visigoth
Visigoth and Hellheart will target AVS

This will confirm one of us (again, for whatever reason), and I can guarantee you that I'll be the one that gets confirmed on Day 15 :p

EDIT: Swapped Ravebomb and me on today's targeting list so that we don't have a fire and a water word on one person. It's now cheese + water + air, and fire + fire + air. We could use the vig if we get one and there is a maul, but it won't buy us a day (3 humans, 1 wolf - a lynched human means instant parity).

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Aug 2013, 00:14:02

Hellheart wrote:well, then answer this one: how did I know that I would become the wolf, since I've been proven to have a non-corrupted word? Did I somehow set this all up since Day 0 because I knew that Stigmata would be alive the entire game and I would get targeted by a conversion power?)

Honestly my first thought was that you used the word monkey yesterday to bait that immediate repercussion from stigmata; I went back and looked, and obviously you didn't. No, I don't believe you were planning this from Day 0; but I am not an analytically player and what happened yesterday seemed highly suspect at face value. My apologies.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 03:08:37

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:well, then answer this one: how did I know that I would become the wolf, since I've been proven to have a non-corrupted word? Did I somehow set this all up since Day 0 because I knew that Stigmata would be alive the entire game and I would get targeted by a conversion power?)

Honestly my first thought was that you used the word monkey yesterday to bait that immediate repercussion from stigmata; I went back and looked, and obviously you didn't. No, I don't believe you were planning this from Day 0; but I am not an analytically player and what happened yesterday seemed highly suspect at face value. My apologies.

It's fine. If I had never been confirmed as human, it would make more sense as a ploy. If I had provoked Stigmata (instead of editing in apologies and such), it would also make more sense as a ploy. I honestly would rather not have gotten knocked unconscious, but I'm not sure that it changes much in the confirmation process at this point.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 06:46:40

I have what is probably a water+air PM power.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 09:18:50

*crickets*

Alrighty. Two of the three people who I PMed have said they're not wolves.

There is one who is still silent.

redacted (was Anvilfang ) Why have you not replied so I can confirm your non-wolfishness? I know you've seen your PM...
Last edited by RaveBomb on 22 Aug 2013, 10:12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I was so wrong. So horribly wrong.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 09:25:27

Actually it kinda fits. Anvilfang mauls his power target, thereby hiding his shadow wolf powers. He also was very quick to "correct" me yesterday about the vote target.

I don't think my PM powers are corrupted, but considering this entire "have a power" thing is new to me, I'm not sure 100% how to tell.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 10:01:36

RaveBomb wrote:Actually it kinda fits. Anvilfang mauls his power target, thereby hiding his shadow wolf powers. He also was very quick to "correct" me yesterday about the vote target.

I don't think my PM powers are corrupted, but considering this entire "have a power" thing is new to me, I'm not sure 100% how to tell.

It can't be corrupt because there's (hopefully) one wolf left and there was a maul. But although you're part of the cleared human list, you could still be a wolf, so I can't really take anything you say on faith. If we wouldn't automatically find and lynch the wolf using The Plan, though, we'd definitely use your ability to help out.

And yes, the gist of the plan is that if the wolf mauled yesterday it would have to maul its target. So the wolf is either Anvilfang, AVS, or you (if both Anvilfang and AVS are dead). The same thing happens tomorrow - the wolf has to maul its target or it'll be revealed (although the wolf could always maul the OTHER target and hope that whoever he targets just disappears for an entire day, which is why I want to make sure people actually get the powers). Unfortunately for the wolf, that leaves only one player that hasn't been confirmed...and we have an extra day of lynching in case you happen to be the wolf.

Can you just toss out the key words? I like seeing how DOM combines some elemental words XD
Last edited by Hellheart on 22 Aug 2013, 10:03:12, edited 1 time in total.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 22 Aug 2013, 10:02:39

Red was wanting to get the tin foil hat out and maybe repress it into a skirt or something. The late convention fatigue was setting in, and and needed a reset of reality. Paranoia was starting to get the best of her. Hellheart's logic on the non elementals makes sense, albeit the target last night was mauled like she expected. She felt somewhat bad about calling out Monkey every few minutes at Stigmata, but then she like monkeys. She was a bit concerned why Ryvvn and others stopped targeting people several days ago. Without the words coming through, we cannot tell the existence of a corrupted word. So that looks like those not targeting others may have been converted and are hiding it.

Last night was Aldax ---->Ryvvn for those following along.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 10:10:43

Since Ravebomb got a power, this results in the confirmed list of humans I had in my earlier (first? EDIT: no, second, you idiot) post today.

The (complete to day 15) targeting list and the voting plan are both there as well.
Last edited by Hellheart on 22 Aug 2013, 10:21:57, edited 1 time in total.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 10:11:46

I've made a serious mistake. I might go the the Special Hell for this. You know, the one for people who talk at the movies.

I can NOT know that Anvilfang has seen his PM. I was metagaming the outbox a just-a-little-bit, and since Anvilfang's PM had gone from there I figured that he'd seen it. However it was kindly brought to my attention that ANY read of the message drops it. IE when the GM reads it.

Crap. And I was so sure. :oops:

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 10:16:40

And to the other PM recipient.

Text correction: "for ONE OF" because I need to proofread.

Should have given me a shadow vig, would have been cleaner. :P

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 10:16:58

RaveBomb wrote:I've made a serious mistake. I might go the the Special Hell for this. You know, the one for people who talk at the movies.

I can NOT know that Anvilfang has seen his PM. I was metagaming the outbox a just-a-little-bit, and since Anvilfang's PM had gone from there I figured that he'd seen it. However it was kindly brought to my attention that ANY read of the message drops it. IE when the GM reads it.

Crap. And I was so sure. :oops:

Man, this messageboard sucks. I vote we change to a better one! Why are we stuck in the stone age, like that stupid site Arstechnica? ;)

Hey, Ridcully! None of the markers here work anymore, and your erasers are shit! We've been having to use monkey fur to wipe this stuff off!

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 10:37:47

RaveBomb wrote:redacted (was Anvilfang ) Why have you not replied so I can confirm your non-wolfishness? I know you've seen your PM...

Stop monkeying around with your vote. We're lynching Simple_Simon today :p

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 10:55:22

I am RaveBomb's unending shame. :flail:

Simple_Simon

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anvilfang » 22 Aug 2013, 12:42:21

Mr Ravebomb, I've replied to your PM. Let's see if you truly are a human or not.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 22 Aug 2013, 12:56:01

It seemed to Red that people needed to keep sharing their night targeting form the previous day so people could confirm what words are being thrown at them. She was willing to vote Simple_Simon, only because these damned conversion vampires could be in play. She was very nervous why Ryvvn hadn't targeted the last four days.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 12:59:57

Anvilfang wrote:Mr Ravebomb, I've replied to your PM. Let's see if you truly are a human or not.

Yea, I saw that and holy persecution complex batman. Now we've said somethings that you're going to regret, but for today, my vote is with The Plan.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Aug 2013, 13:04:51

Augenvonsauron wrote:She was very nervous why Ryvvn hadn't targeted the last four days.

I really did not see the benefit in giving people PM powers any longer as I was fairly positive the HA's PMs had been eavesdropped. In addition I had made comment on agreeing with necklessone's proposal that we stop using elementals and risking corrupted powers, and as we dwindled in players I also mentioned my feelings that we'd be better off making it a vanilla playing field in hopes of winning the race down to the end (made sense to me at the time, now Hellheart's targeting plan makes more sense). I did target RaveBomb last night, hence him receiving water (I'm the only remaining water, my word is ocean) as part of his power.

Also, Simple_Simon

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anvilfang » 22 Aug 2013, 13:06:31

RaveBomb wrote:
Anvilfang wrote:Mr Ravebomb, I've replied to your PM. Let's see if you truly are a human or not.

Yea, I saw that and holy persecution complex batman. Now we've said somethings that you're going to regret, but for today, my vote is with The Plan.

lol ;) I'm confident you're seering will clear me, but whether or not you're a wolf is still to be seen.

Simple_Simon, you're up.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 13:07:36

And where the ocean touched the sky was the horizon and my mind was expanded.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 13:32:55

Augenvonsauron wrote:It seemed to Red that people needed to keep sharing their night targeting form the previous day so people could confirm what words are being thrown at them.

I'd agree there, as long as you meant that whoever should have gotten a power should share the words involved, to make sure that people were targeting who they should have been targeting.

EDIT: Which Ravebomb just did. Ocean and sky are wide-ranging indeed, I wonder if that ties into the strength of the power.

I'm not sure if there's a need for people to actually say their target, because anyone who throws a monkey wrench into the works by deviating from the targeting plan can lose us the game...by getting themselves lynched instead of the actual wolf.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 22 Aug 2013, 13:39:18

Only stating previous days targets for verification. Hopefully Simon is our vampire and this can all end tonight and Red can go home.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 13:45:38

Augenvonsauron wrote:Only stating previous days targets for verification. Hopefully Simon is our vampire and this can all end tonight and Red can go home.

Ah, you've had enough of our monkey business. I get the feeling that it'll be wrapped up tomorrow instead of today, but you never know.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 22 Aug 2013, 13:51:09

Hrmph

And here we are not allowed to vote ourselves. :(

I was hoping to show you all just how foolish you're being.

Oh well.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 22 Aug 2013, 13:56:38

So Simple_Simon it is.

Nothing wrong with voting on yourself. We'll all just turn away until you are finished.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 15:07:46

Simple_Simon wrote:Hrmph

And here we are not allowed to vote ourselves. :(

I was hoping to show you all just how foolish you're being.

Oh well.

Yeah, if you're the wolf then I'm a monkey's uncle, but sadly that's the way the endgame ended up playing out.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Aug 2013, 17:49:28

Just to be clear, this is the plan we are all following tonight, correct?
Hellheart wrote:Targeting Plan

Scenario 2 (Ravebomb, Hellheart, Ryvvn, Visigoth human)
Hellheart, Ryvvn, and AVS target Visigoth
Ravebomb, Visigoth, and Anvilfang target Ryvvn

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anvilfang » 22 Aug 2013, 18:04:56

^^ Correct.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 18:23:13

Monkey see read, monkey do.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 22 Aug 2013, 18:56:46

I am now. I must have misread it earlier.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Aug 2013, 19:29:25

Monkey monkey.
Monkeymonkey monkey monkey monkey MONKEYMONKEYMONKEY.

Monkey.

Return to “The Banquet Hall”