Day 15: Penultimacy

The wizard's natural habitat.
User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4187
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 23 Aug 2013, 12:02:08

The seafood lunch had been unsettling. Ridcully was fairly certain that calamari was supposed to stop moving before it was served, and he might have broken a tooth on one of the scallops. "Freshwater" wasn't a word used within fifty miles of the River Ankh, and it certainly didn't apply to the trout. "Waterlogged Rat" might have been a better term.

The remaining wizards were in agreement. They were restless, they were unsatisfied, and they wanted blood - and not tonight. Now. So be it. Ridcully nodded to the serving woman. She slipped to the kitchens, and came back with a fresh bottle of liquor for the redhead, who was already wavering unsteadily in her seat. Half an hour later, AugenVonSauron, halfway through that bottle, toppled over, not to awake again.

Not a cheap way to ensure death, but the Assassin's Guild was more certain than magic at this point. As the redhead's lungs expelled their final breath, a bright diamond emerged from her lips, fading into non-existence as it gently rose into the air.

"Breath"
--
Hellheart couldn't catch his breath. Something in the food? He overturned a bench as he tore to his feet, his face going red, then purple. Finally, he was able to expel the small block of cheese wedged in his throat.

"Now, where did that come from?" he asked. "That's mine! String."

"WOULD YOU LIKE SOME WINE WITH THAT?"
--
AugenVonSauron - lynched - Wizard (Air: Breath)
Hellheart - mauled - Wizard (Cheese: String)

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4187
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 23 Aug 2013, 12:02:30

AVS - 4 - Everyone but AVS
Hellheart - 1- AVS

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3496
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Aug 2013, 12:09:21

Anvilfang (retracted while I make final decision)

Because there was never any confirmation that Meta4 was the corrupted fire wizard, and Anvilfang is the only one left who makes logical sense.
Last edited by Ryvvn on 23 Aug 2013, 17:31:27, edited 1 time in total.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 12:14:19

God damnit. I really thought AVS was it.

So it's between myself and Visigoth, both non-confirmed humans.

This is the day that will win it for the wolves or the humans - no matter what it's been a good game.

I'll make a case for myself shortly - which I hope you, Ryvnn, will see and logically decide that it's not me. First I've got a little bit more work to do, and then I'll get back on, hopefully in the next hour or two.

First up though, the last wolf IS Visigoth - Lock.
Last edited by Anvilfang on 23 Aug 2013, 14:28:25, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3496
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Aug 2013, 12:21:54

Anvilfang wrote:I'll make a case for myself shortly - which I hope you, Ryvnn, will see and logically decide that it's not me. First I've got a little bit more work to do, and then I'll get back on, hopefully in the next hour or two.

I won't lock my vote

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 13:08:35

Oh my god I just deleted my entire fucking post. God damnit.

I'll start over again.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4187
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 23 Aug 2013, 13:15:31

((For the record, barring full vote-locking on both sides, this day will end at ~15:00 tomorrow. I assume you'll all want to lock and wrap this up before then, but if not, let me know.))





I am not the last wolf*.

*I promise++.

++Promises not valid in the continental United States.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 13:36:15

This is going to be much shorter than my last post that I had prep'd. I'm fairly frustrated that it got lost.

1: Meta4's affiliation was "???", is it possible he was a wolf and he had one last fuck you to us humans to confuse us and continue targetting our own? Why would the wolves use that on a human, if they wanted to hide themselves?

2: I was on Ozymandias most likely human list, which Visigoth WAS NOT

3: No one has been able to confirm Visigoth as a human. Hellheart confirmed me JUST YESTERDAY:
Hellheart wrote:So Anvilfang is not a wolf.


4: Ryvnn, you and I both targetting Simon on night 8, and he received a Vig power for it. Granted he turned out to be a baddy, but if I was a wolf, that would have backfired on him.

5: We know that because of the number of players, there could have been more than one wolf per element, hell there were two Non-Elemental wolves.

6: I have done all that was requested by the "Human Alliance". I've shared my word, element, targetted who I was supposed to - even when it made no fucking sense (thanks Furin!)

7: My voting record for this game does not comply for wolfish behavior
- My tieing vote on ICB on day 6 led to his being lynched. Why would I put him INTO a tie when there were other bandwagons forming?
(PS. Visigoth didn't even vote for him)
- I was dead set on MEM when the "Human Alliance" wouldn't vote for him
- Visigoth on the other hand had not voted on ANY wolves until DAY 11

Don't get thrown by Meta's ??? affiliation - Ryvnn this game rests in your hands, between me and Visigoth I think it's a no brainer.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3496
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Aug 2013, 14:01:03

Anvilfang wrote:Don't get thrown by Meta's ??? affiliation - Ryvnn this game rests in your hands, between me and Visigoth I think it's a no brainer.

Despite everything you say making sense, this is the one part that worries me because it's possible whatever effect was going on that caused Meta4 to die without his affiliation being revealed means that even if he was the corrupted fire it could have been passed to you. There had to have been at least one corrupted fire this game, and Meta4's ??? throws so much weight on it being you....

This is a lot of effing pressure!

Also, only reason I'm not using all the reasons prior to Meta4's death to confirm my own humanity is whatever this last catch is kind of makes that all null and void for all three of us remaining.

Also, also, curious to see what Visigoth has to say and who he decides to lay his vote on.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Visigoth » 23 Aug 2013, 14:05:08

Going with Anvilfang - lock. I won't lock until I see what he has to say, but it will have to be impressive.

With the mauling of Aldax on Night 12 and then RaveBomb on Night 13 it sure seems like it's pointing towards Anvilfang. Also thinking that the message Ryvvn got might really just have the two elements in it (Forge and Sky) leaving a missing Fire component. Of course part of this is dependent on wolves not being able to use their words and maul at the same time. And since we're down to three people it's not possible for there to be two wolves left to be splitting duties. I know I was given a power yesterday as I PM'd Hellheart and Ryvvn with it. I posted what my power said and I don't see anything obvious pointing to Breath it in so that would seem to indicate that Hellheart (human) and another combined to give me the power. I've been poking around the rules to see if a regular and a shadow word would give a power, but am not finding anything. Even still that would mean that the wolf could use both a maul and a word yesterday which I thought was not possible. Since the other person using a word on me yesterday was Ryvvn that kind of clears him. And since his power message talked about sky, which would be me, it would kind of rule me out since there was a maul.

As for Meta4's ??? affiliation I believe it was the wolves actually disguising a human lynching. It obviously leaves it as unknown as to his affiliation so we don't know if we got the corrupted Fire wizard or not. So we all assume that he was corrupt thus making the other Fire wizards likely human giving a opening for the real corrupted wizard to ride to the end.

Locking my vote after seeing what Anvilfang posted. There's some stuff there, but trying to use Ozy's list from Day 5 as some sort of justification is really grasping at straws. Not like there hasn't been anything new in the last 10 days. Sure there could be more than one wolf per element which could make any one of us that last wolf if that's what you're using for a reason. Sure there's something to the voting record, but a wolf tossing others under the bus with abandon is not exactly unheard of.

Really not seeing it and since he's trying to put it on me I really don't see it. Perhaps if he'd made an argument for Ryvvn I might have taken a closer look since I was already a little on the fence about him but he didn't. And if it turns out Ryvvn is the last wolf, then well done old chap I'll be voting on you to start the next game and possibly shooting you if I have the chance. No hard feelings. :)

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 14:13:25

Ryvvn wrote:
Anvilfang wrote:Don't get thrown by Meta's ??? affiliation - Ryvnn this game rests in your hands, between me and Visigoth I think it's a no brainer.

Despite everything you say making sense, this is the one part that worries me because it's possible whatever effect was going on that caused Meta4 to die without his affiliation being revealed means that even if he was the corrupted fire it could have been passed to you. There had to have been at least one corrupted fire this game, and Meta4's ??? throws so much weight on it being you....

This is a lot of effing pressure!

Also, only reason I'm not using all the reasons prior to Meta4's death to confirm my own humanity is whatever this last catch is kind of makes that all null and void for all three of us remaining.

Also, also, curious to see what Visigoth has to say and who he decides to lay his vote on.

Okay fine, how do you explain Simons Vig power from both of our words?

Obviously Visigoth is going to vote for me because he nows that's his best chance at winning the game - let alone all the facts laid out.

Meta's ??? is the only thing that is throwing a wrench in the wheel at this point, and honestly, it shouldn't be enough to vote for me. Let's just says there were no words in this game, based on everything I've laid out, it would DEFINITELY be Visigoth - we both know it.

I played this game to win, not just to argue my living. If my lynching meant the humans win, then I was accept that, but my lynching would mean the wolves win.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 14:15:34

Visigoth wrote:Locking my vote after seeing what Anvilfang posted. There's some stuff there, but trying to use Ozy's list from Day 5 as some sort of justification is really grasping at straws.

I just used that as one point out of many - I'm not resting my case on that alone. Selective reading?
Visigoth wrote:Really not seeing it and since he's trying to put it on me I really don't see it.

I'm putting it on you because it has to be you. Ryvnn is a confirmed human based on his targetting Simon on night 8.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Visigoth » 23 Aug 2013, 14:20:41

Anvilfang wrote:
Visigoth wrote:Locking my vote after seeing what Anvilfang posted. There's some stuff there, but trying to use Ozy's list from Day 5 as some sort of justification is really grasping at straws.

I just used that as one point out of many - I'm not resting my case on that alone. Selective reading?
Visigoth wrote:Really not seeing it and since he's trying to put it on me I really don't see it.

I'm putting it on you because it has to be you. Ryvnn is a confirmed human based on his targetting Simon on night 8.
And I'm a confirmed human due to being Seer'd human before being admitted into the HA on Day 9.

Plus Ryvvn's power message yesterday listed sky in it... Now who has stated that their word is sky? Hmmm.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 14:24:37

So then we're all humans?

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Visigoth » 23 Aug 2013, 14:26:03

Anvilfang wrote:So then we're all humans?

Seeing as someone mauled poor cheesy Hellheart I rather doubt it. And based on my locked vote you can see where my doubt resides.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Visigoth » 23 Aug 2013, 14:28:22

Also since you seem sure about me why not lock your vote so that once Ryvvn makes his choice we can end this day.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 14:29:20

Well it's on you now Ryvnn. I've locked in for Visi, and Visi has locked in on me.

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Visigoth » 23 Aug 2013, 14:31:27

Insert Star Trek fight music here.

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 14:33:29

Pfft, that's not fight music, THIS IS FIGHT MUSIC

User avatar
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 1738
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 14:22:08
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Cylon Occupied Ohio

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Visigoth » 23 Aug 2013, 14:36:56

Nice pick (you're still a wolf), but now I feel like watching that movie.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3496
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Aug 2013, 15:00:02

Ugh, well clearly one of you is definitely the wolf then otherwise I'd just vote lock either one for the win, or vote No Lynch and then maul one of you... fuckin hell, I wish I was the wolf just so I didn't have to flip this coin!

I'll probably take the full evening to decide on this, just so you're not expecting it anytime sooner; sorry for delaying the game longer, but will have to check over some things when I have time at home later... see if I can find a clue anywhere!

*edit: also, might have to stick with vote on Anvilfang for daring to assert that the MK fight music is better than Trek's! :o

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3496
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Aug 2013, 17:30:13

I'll post my definitive choice in 30 mins at 21:00

Anvilfang
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 285
Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 15:13:02

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Anvilfang » 23 Aug 2013, 17:36:00

Ryvvn wrote:*edit: also, might have to stick with vote on Anvilfang for daring to assert that the MK fight music is better than Trek's! :o


But... but... Mortal Combat?

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3496
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Aug 2013, 18:00:07

Okay, so I went back through and looked at a few things....

[+] Thing the First
The thing that stuck out to me, was how weird Meta4 was being on Day J; like really weird. It's possible he just got confused on like everything that should have been happening the whole game, or... the more I looked at it, and I don't know if such a power would be possible in this game, it almost seemed as if he was being like puppeteered or something. Then I saw something else kind of suspicious....


[+] Thing the Seconded
But, let me state that I was also considering the one power PM I received all game and how it compared to another similar. SS claimed to have received a seering and a vig shot, which he used on Day 9 to kill MEM, from a combination of air (rekard) and fire (???); the vig supposedly came from his air affinity. If this is true, and he had an affinity, but then turned out to be the corrupted NE, my guess is that the WoG that happened on Day 8, which DOM said he'd need time to figure out, did not rebalance to turn SS to a corrupted until after his vig on Day 9. So at the time of vig I think SS was human and did have the air affinity to get that vig shot. The reason I believe this is because my combo of air (Visigoth) and fire (Rave and possibly Anvilfang) only yielded a rather basic seering -- SO chances are high it was only ONE fire, the legitimate fire.....


[+] The Thirdening
On Day J, after Meta4's incredibly odd behavior, suddenly Anvilfang claims a mistake in his targeting list and says he targeted SS along with rekard to get that vig; now, if my assumption on Meta4's behavior not being entirely voluntary is correct, it makes a lot of sense that wolf Anvilfang would know this damning dialog would come from Meta (who probably really targeted SS with rekard) and Anvil could swoop in to lay claim to that targeting.


[+] Final Word
Even if I'm wrong about this theory, the majority of the evidence points to Anvilfang; and if I'm wrong about that... well, fuck my wizard's staff!


[+] Dramatic Vote Effect
Anvilfang -- Locked with Extreme Prejudice

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4187
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Day 15: Penultimacy

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 23 Aug 2013, 18:09:13

You're all wrong. I'm the last wolf. :flail:


Return to “The Banquet Hall”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest