Mafia Championships & Us

The last place you'll ever drink away the day...again.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Mafia Championships & Us

Postby Omega » 05 Jun 2016, 07:43:48

As I'm sure you've all seen, 7-zark-7 will be representing us in this year's international world mafia championships.

Details are below on how to spectate.

[+] instructions
The game is taking place on Mafia Universe. You can find the specific subforum dedicated to the championship here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/for ... nship-2016

I want to talk about and spectate the game - what do I do?

If you wish to actively spectate and show support for your representative, then there are two ways of doing this.

1) There will be a private spectator thread on the site for each game that you may request access to. Simply register on the site and PM the user "Thingyman", and I will add you. Feel free to spectate games that your representative isn't in as well. These threads are published after the game completes.

2) We have a spectator chat on Skype, with currently more than 200 people in it. It's very active and fun, I highly suggest you join it if you have Skype. It's way more active than the on-site ones. Just add me: thingyman.

Thingyman has asked that there be no discussion of Zark's game outside of the spectator thread or Skype chat, and we'd like to respect that, so, here's the tyrrany pink.

Tyrannical pink block of law:

While 7-Zark-7 is in game, there will be no discussion of the Mafia championships.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Mafia Championships & Us

Postby 7-zark-7 » 05 Jun 2016, 17:03:43

Game hasn't started yet... Hers my bio as submitted:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was good. But the word, unpronounceable to modern tongues could be incredibly destructive in the wrong hands.

Much later, mankind rediscovered the word. As with any burst of light, darkness inevitably followed. We refer to that time as disco, then we rapidly change the subject... things tend to come when called, and absolutely no one wants yet another dark age.

Much later, There was an idea that formed in a dystopian corner of the internet called The Wolf Game. The idea was to bring together a group of of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could.

It mostly worked. Humans and Werewolfes wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning flavortext, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, especially when there's a vigilante about, or unexpected interference from the dead, but it's our last best hope for peace.

This is the story of the last of the wolf forums, and for that, we'll have to go back even further... As Earth cooled, it became engulfed in a mist, much later to become named water. It was the one ingredient, more than any other, which would come to sustain life... life which...

Um, Sven?

Yeah?

They're all looking at you funny. This is supposed to be your biography, not history of the Word Part 1.

But... but this is important - when I get to the part about the mariachis and the tradgy of the sulaco

Sven?

Yeah?

I know they said this was a big time investment, but bring it down a notch.

Should I tell them about the guitar case?

They'll learn soon enough about that

What about the multiple personalities?

They're already picking up on that

What about mentioning Campa & Quino?

You just did. Look, a few short words, & then let the next person speak. Like those meetings you used to attend.

Ah... okay hang on ((clears throat))

My name is Sven Zarkowski - from a young age I knew I was different.

Sven?

Yeah?

Just say hi... they'll figure the rest out. I'll add that you come here to represent http://forum.thewolfgame.net/ by way of http://arstechnica.com/civis/index.php.

Shouldn't we mention the Ars front page?

There's a front page? Huh... you learn something new everyday.

Generally no... no we don't.

Well, maybe today will be different - new forum, new voice, right?

Voices.

So say we all.

((Steve, AKA 7-zark-7 here - happy to represent. I'm in the technical side of broadcast TV in New York & really don't know how to slow down. I view the wolf game (we don't really play Mafia themed games) as a creative relief. I go from 0-flavortext in 3.5 seconds, and have an average speed of 55 words per minute. When this game hits 88 words per minute, you're going to see some serious shit.

Required data
NATIONALITY: United States, Greater New York City

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2011

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: http://forum.thewolfgame.net/ by way of http://arstechnica.com/civis/index.php

SHOE SIZE: 10.5

ORIENTATION: Horizontal is good. I'm also fond of seats and tray tables in their full upright and locked position, and (on one notable and glorious occasion) whilst jumping off the top of the highest building in the stated of Nevada (Vegas baby, yeah)

More in a bit,

7z7))

Posting this now as
1) the game doesn't start until tomorrow, so I'm barely/technically on the right side of the tyrannical pink block of law
2) I'm hoping you guys will head over to the chat or spectator section for moral support.

Everybody happy as the dead come home, and less in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Jun 2016, 20:27:43

Best of luck, break a leg, and I miss you already! :cry:

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 05 Jun 2016, 22:22:18

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 07 Jun 2016, 07:19:32

Hi guys

Here is the game thread if you want to follow along in your representative's Championship game: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... ampionship

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Jun 2016, 09:09:35

God - I had to stop reading that after 15 pages or so, and still day 1. I want to lock that Frog in a room with Ozy (and maybe Nitestorm) and see what happens. He may or may not get results, but his approach of shotgunning analysis and overbearing controller would have him be my Day 1 lynch every time. 300+ posts halwfay through Day 1 (even a long, extended Day 1) means no chance of keeping up with the thread, and then yelling at people for not contributing because people can't keep up with 300+ posts (from ONE person).

I wish you luck, 7Z7, but I'm damn glad I'm not "playing" in that one. I'm glad we play these our games at a more casual level.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 08 Jun 2016, 10:00:09

Can't comment, but I will thank you for watching.

Follow along @ http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/2285-Season-3-Game-6-Mad-Men-Mafia-Championship

Best from the whole Zarkowski family, & less in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 08 Jun 2016, 10:28:56

I don't want to say anything that can be construed as outside comments, but I've been reading along the game thread and will continue to do so. Looking forward to the postmortem. Go, go gadget zark!

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 08 Jun 2016, 10:30:42

DastardlyOldMan wrote:stuff

DOM, it's been specifically requested by the organizer that we don't discuss the game here and treat it as we would an ongoing game on our boards. There's a Skype chat and we can request an invite to the Dead thread for the game.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 08 Jun 2016, 10:34:37

dferrantino wrote:

DOM, it's been specifically requested by the organizer that we don't discuss the game here and treat it as we would an ongoing game on our boards. There's a Skype chat and we can request an invite to the Dead thread for the game.

I'm inclined to agree. I'll restore that post once Zark is done.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 08 Jun 2016, 11:03:54

But where's the pizza I asked for?
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 08 Jun 2016, 11:08:43

Okaros wrote:But where's the pizza I asked for?

No, but I did spend an extra 30 seconds trying to find a picture of the passport box from Blacklist in your honor.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Jun 2016, 11:11:08

dferrantino wrote:

I didn't feel that any of my comments were directly related to the game itself, or to 7Z7's background play, etc. I was commenting on the abrasiveness and general gameplay of some of the players, and the gameplay itself - which is distinctly different in style from our own.

But, I'll hold off, if you really feel that we need to censor everything in relation to it. Maybe lock this thread to prevent any convo on it until it's over then?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 08 Jun 2016, 11:35:49

I think the lock might be a good idea. If there is grey area conversation, it should be on the skype or dead thread over at mu.

less in a bit,

7z7

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 08 Jun 2016, 11:39:48

Would just prefer to err on the side of caution here and not get Zark bounced out administratively.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 14 Jun 2016, 12:46:45

With Zark's game over, I have restored DOM's post and would like to echo the sentiment. So. Much. Noise.

How did you keep it all straight Zark!

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 14 Jun 2016, 12:54:05

Vigilante kills on the loudest player day 1 do wonders for signal to noise ratio.

Unfortunately he was human and ostensibly a good analyst.

I'll be honest, I prefer your company to theirs.

More in a bit,

7z7

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 14 Jun 2016, 12:55:54

7-zark-7 wrote:
I'll be honest, I prefer your company to theirs.

More in a bit,

7z7

That warms the bottom of my cold heart. :D

Thank you for representing us, Zark!

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 14 Jun 2016, 12:58:06

Pat Greer: Doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart?
Alan Seitz: Warms the sh!t out of my cockles.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 14 Jun 2016, 13:33:26

DastardlyOldMan wrote:God - I had to stop reading that after 15 pages or so, and still day 1. I want to lock that Frog in a room with Ozy (and maybe Nitestorm) and see what happens. He may or may not get results, but his approach of shotgunning analysis and overbearing controller would have him be my Day 1 lynch every time. 300+ posts halwfay through Day 1 (even a long, extended Day 1) means no chance of keeping up with the thread, and then yelling at people for not contributing because people can't keep up with 300+ posts (from ONE person).

I wish you luck, 7Z7, but I'm damn glad I'm not "playing" in that one. I'm glad we play these our games at a more casual level.

Dom,

1000 times this. I admit to being guilty of tunneling on Frog, and having singlehandedly killed more humans than anyone else this round, I conceed that may have been a bad idea.

But I don't believe it surprises anyone who knows me. I have no idea how he managed to generate that much content, but the authoritarian control approach brings out the rebel within.

Again, I prefer your company more, & although I may pop over for a game from time to time, it's more in the hopes that can get a couple of people over here & expand our ranks than any desire to "see other people".

You guys are stuck with me :flail:

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Jun 2016, 06:19:59

I'd have done the same.

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 16 Aug 2016, 05:16:52

Hello guys

Once again, thanks for participating in this year's Mafia Championship. It was great to have you be represented (gogo zark!), and hopefully you'll be there for next year's season as well

I thought you might be interested to know that the finale for this season finally started yesterday. 136 communities, 9 games and almost 6 months later - it's finally time for the final 17 players to battle it out to find out who player will earn the title of the Internet's best mafia/werewolf player.

Want to spectate the finale?

If any people from your community are interested in following along and spectating, you can find the game thread here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3255-Season-3-Final-Game-The-Koopa-Troop-DAY-ONE

The OP post contains a spoiler box called "Threadmarks". Inside this, a table of links to important events will be automatically generated. I.e. it will link to the various day and night starts, for example, making it easier for spectators to get an overview of the game. Day 1 ends tonight at 8 PM EST.

If you'd also like to chat with other spectators about the game, we have a huge chat on Skype with almost 200 people. If you're a social butterfly, this is also just a great opportunity to talk with other mafia/werewolf enthusiasts about whatever - it's a very friendly bunch. Join this chat by adding me on Skype: thingyman (the one with a picture).

Additionally, you can also join the on-site spectator thread by PM'ing "Thingyman" on the site. Note that activation emails will probably go to your spam folder. If you are having trouble with anything, try PM'ing me here.

Hydra event interest?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event". If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send a hydra of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun.

If you are interested in participating in such an event, do let me know and I'll start making a list of interested communities. I don't expect all 135 communities to participate in this at all, so it'll most likely be a smaller thing and obviously it will just be for fun.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 16 Aug 2016, 21:35:06

I'd be interested in heiling hydra if someone here could be my better half.

Thank you again for including us Thingyman... I'll likely pop over to watch from time to time (likely moreso after the olympics if you're still going)

More in a bit,

7z7

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 30 Aug 2016, 11:51:43

7-zark-7 wrote:I'd be interested in heiling hydra if someone here could be my better half.

Thank you again for including us Thingyman... I'll likely pop over to watch from time to time (likely moreso after the olympics if you're still going)

More in a bit,

7z7

Cool. If you find a partner, could you send me a PM (just on this site is fine)? I'll check back here in a couple of weeks.

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 09 Sep 2016, 23:18:46

Soft deadline for signing up is September 14. You can maybe still get in after that date, but anyone signing up before that will have a greater say in which start date they'll be scheduled for.

Currently up to 73 confirmed hydra pairings.

@zark

If it's proving impossible for you to find a partner, let me know if you'd be interested in being part of a "refugee team", i.e. you'd partner up with someone from another community who also couldn't find a partner from their home site.

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 17 Apr 2017, 05:01:10

Hi guys

It's that time of year again. Time for The Mafia Championship.

This is the 4th season, and we're setting a new record: 150 communities will be participating!

I'm hoping very much that someone from here would be interested in representing your community? :)

More information here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x ... 5p4W4/edit

Cliffs:
- The setup this year: 15-man Mountainous (3 Mafia Goons vs. 12 Vanilla Townies)
- Qualifiers take place during May and June. So your rep would just need to have 2-3 weeks where they could play during either of those months (they play in just one qualifying game at whatever time suits them best).
- Your rep can choose between 12, 36, 48 or 72 hour Day Phases
- Your rep needs to make a minimum of 10 posts per Day Phase
- Deadline for deciding on a rep/volunteering: April 23

The Lazy GM
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby The Lazy GM » 17 Apr 2017, 10:55:14

#Vote for: Zark
. Since it's vanilla he won't be able to vigilante his entire team to death, but I'm sure he's still up to murdering his fellow townies with his bare hands.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 18 Apr 2017, 13:19:36

That was fun. I'd ask for a session without toads, however. Otherwise I would definitely need a vigilante shot again.

More in a bit,

7z7

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 18 Apr 2017, 14:57:38

7-zark-7 wrote:That was fun. I'd ask for a session without toads, however. Otherwise I would definitely need a vigilante shot again.

More in a bit,

7z7

We can definitely pretend like you have a vigilante shot :P

(Would you want to rep again? If so, I'll lock in a spot for you guys -- and you can ofc still decide on sending someone else after that before the Apr 23 deadline if you want)

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 18 Apr 2017, 22:13:20

Go ahead and lock the spot. We'll send someone. Maybe not our best and brightest but what else is new?

More in a bit,

7z7

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 22 Apr 2017, 04:27:47

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Final reminder: If your community hasn't picked a representative yet, your deadline is by the end of tomorrow (April 23).

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 22 Apr 2017, 14:31:39

Are noms/naming a rep on track? :)

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 22 Apr 2017, 23:03:00

I would need a name ASAP today. Otherwise I may need to look elsewhere :/

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Apr 2017, 23:31:12

7-zark-7 wrote:Go ahead and lock the spot. We'll send someone. Maybe not our best and brightest but what else is new?

More in a bit,

7z7

I think this was Zark nominating himself if no one else stepped forward, but I could be wrong.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 23 Apr 2017, 00:16:39

Ryvvn is right. If anyone else steps forward they are welcome. If not, I've got this.

Either way, count is in please Thingyman...

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 23 Apr 2017, 01:01:48

Aight, all good :)

If I see other volunteers before I go to bed, I'll just ship the info to zark :)

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 23 Apr 2017, 07:47:55

Thingyman wrote:Aight, all good :)

If I see other volunteers before I go to bed, I'll just ship the info to zark :)

If I don*t I guess I meant to say :P

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 29 Apr 2017, 07:06:57

FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 6 @ MAY 22 (36/12 Phase Lengths w/ 10 PM EST deadline)
@7-Zark-7 (ARS Technica)
@AragakiAyase (Flash Flash Revolution)
@Bious (Jesus Toast Mafia)
@bruin228 (Nutopia)
@Burnmad (BZPower)
@Cobalt (Gay Teen Forum)
@Fable (No Goblins Allowed)
@Flare (Survival of the Fittest)
@Jon Paul (DailyMafia)
@MysteriousLad (Wars World News Forums)
@One one two (Canucks Community)
@Ronaldwho (Xtratime)
@Shooter0898 (Sackinima)
@Skyoden (Hattrick.org (Chilean))
@Vaimes (MTG Salvation)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write @Thingyman or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 29 Apr 2017, 07:16:03

Thanks thingyman! Overlords, can you create a local forum with permissions for everyone save me, Campa and Quino?

I mean, you can try to exclude mamma Z as well, I just don't know how successful you'll be at that.

More (or less) in a bit,

7z7

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 19 May 2017, 06:46:26

Can someone contact Zark for me ASAP? His game is starting Monday and he still hasn't confirmed or sent me his bio. Really urgent! I need to know ASAP if he can't do the game anyway.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 May 2017, 13:52:10

Thingyman wrote:Can someone contact Zark for me ASAP? His game is starting Monday and he still hasn't confirmed or sent me his bio. Really urgent! I need to know ASAP if he can't do the game anyway.

My options for contacting him are limited, but I know he's been anticipating playing the championships again (even declining to signup for our next game because of it), so it's likely he just forgot he had to take the requested actions. I'll ping him for you though.

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 20 May 2017, 16:12:58

Still haven't heard from him.

If I don't have an answer when I wake up tomorrow, I'll have to start looking for a replacement.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 20 May 2017, 22:58:09

Just re-iterating - in... PMing & posting now.

more (or less) in a bit,

7z7

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 20 May 2017, 23:21:40

Changing my Mafia Universe avatar to the Doc Brown one from this game (slightly smaller, they only allow 100x100 pixels, which I find just sad).

Sadly, I don't think the brothers Zarkowski RP is approachable enough in a one-shot game scenario... Doc Brown may be slightly more approachable - if I'm thinking four dimensionally.

More in a bit,

7z7

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 21 May 2017, 21:13:53

Thingyman wrote:FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

:eyebrow:

Now, I'm not supposed to say anything once the game starts, which is any moment now so I'll make this quick - they don't do wrath of god over there like we do, but they do occasionally throw rabid frogs into their forums and this is why we can't have nice things.

But I'd be remiss to not ask you guys to spectate (but not comment over here until after the game is done).

thingyman went on for a while, and then wrote:Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write @Thingyman or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)

Smoke a kipper for me, I'll be back for breakfast, & less in a bit,

7z7

((engaging silent zarkowski mode - my god, it's full of stars))

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 22 May 2017, 07:12:41

Cheering (silently) for you from the sidelines, zark.

Thingyman
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Thingyman » 23 May 2017, 13:49:56

The Championship Game Has Begun!

Hi guys!

I'm a bit late with this because I've been busy, but your representative's Mafia Championship game has started and it's still Day 1: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... ampionship

I wish them the best of luck.

Remember to please keep discussion of the game to private channels where the players wouldn't be able to see your comments on the game.

Also, if you want to spectate the game along with people from other communities, you can join the Discord server here (500+ people): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg

In the past few days we've had a troll who keeps joining the server, so when you enter the server please tag and let the @staff know which community you are from and who you are cheering on and they'll give you access to the spectator channel :)

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 05 Jun 2017, 07:16:48

Well, I feel slightly vindicated. (Only slightly). I made it to final 3 and we won as town. Will post the links when I get in the office.

I have to say, it's a whole different world over there... I wouldn't mind bringing some fresh blood over, but this place... this is home.

More in a bit,

7z7

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 05 Jun 2017, 07:49:51

I was following along as my schedule allowed. You should feel pretty good about your play, and I especially liked the last day gambit to determine town alignment.

It is definitely a different world. The tone of the game felt significantly less... caustic than last year. Based on some of the other folks' comments, we may gain a few interlopers for games in the near future. Mr. Sellick looks to be an interesting character to play with, hopefully he follows through on the offer to play a game here.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 05 Jun 2017, 11:45:49

Yay, congrats Zark!

Return to “The Village Pub III”