The Games Idea Thread

The last place you'll ever drink away the day...again.
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Re: The Games Idea Thread

Postby Okaros » 18 Feb 2017, 11:59:49

With a split vote like that the dreamlands/extend voting doesn't have to be mandatory. Just treat a failure to cast a dreamlands/extend vote as a vote to do neither.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 18 Feb 2017, 12:02:33

yeah, I realized I should do it that way after I made that post. I like that for a few reasons, including that it keeps the game accessible for players without a lot of time.

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 27 Feb 2017, 08:26:06

This game will probably start on march 13th, so I'd like a little more feed back to make sure that I'm not missing anything obvious.

For the timer, I'm going to make it so that if it hits zero at the end of the day, then the lynch is skipped and if it hits zero during the night the maul is skipped. The timer will be checked at the end of those phases instead of the start. Order of operations would be:

start of day post, reveals current timer value (which might already be negative if players didn't extend it)
people have 24 hours to vote for lynch
decrease timer (or increase if dayboard voted for that)
lynch if timer is higher then 0
-- start of night phase--
**special roles happen here**
decrease timer (or increase if wolves voted for that)
maul if timer is higher then 0

The dayboard has a bit of an advantage here, because the wolves are voting during the same real time 24 hours that the dayboard is, so they don't get the chance to react to the whatever the dayboard did. But I'm ok with that given the wolves' other advantages, plus if the dayboard extends it'll take care of them to.

I'm starting the timer at 90, and every increase will be 35. I'm going to be using 6d4 dice for the decrements. 6d4 has a min 6, a median of 15, and max of 24 with most rolls coming in at 13 - 17. I want the timer to be a bit of a gamble, so that there is an element of brinkmanship and risk.

Thoughts?

Return to “The Village Pub III”