I wrote and self-published a book

The last place you'll ever drink away the day...again.
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

I wrote and self-published a book

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Oct 2013, 14:28:08

Hope it's not tacky that I post this here, but I recently self-published a book I spent the past three years working on.

The story is a creative non-fiction memoir wherein I inadvertently chronicled my inability to deal with the death of a best friend; I say inadvertently because when I set out to write it I was just intending on paying him tribute by sharing a few memories about him, but the story became something greater and unexpected almost on its own.

It's exclusively available digitally through Amazon (for the time being), and the listing can be found by going to:
http://mybestfriendwithwings.com

I do also offer the first two chapters as a free sample on my personal website, and can be directly found by going to:
http://preview.mybestfriendwithwings.com

Again, hope my posting this here isn't in poor taste; but since I did go at this completely independently, the success of my book will entirely depend on my own marketing and then further word of mouth.

Thanks to any of you who check it out! :D

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: I wrote and self-published a book

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Oct 2013, 14:51:16

Congratulations! That's a great achievement!

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 06 Oct 2013, 11:52:59

You do realize that the timing of this couldn't be poorer because it's pretty much impossible to take you seriously with that avatar? :P

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Oct 2013, 12:15:03

Ozymandias wrote:Congratulations! That's a great achievement!

Thanks so much! :D

Hellheart wrote:You do realize that the timing of this couldn't be poorer because it's pretty much impossible to take you seriously with that avatar? :P

Seems an accurate reflection of a self-made man, if you ask me. ;)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 01 Dec 2013, 07:42:36

Just wanted to drop a word here for anyone interested: I'm celebrating my book having a new cover by running an Amazon Countdown Deal, you can pick it up today (12/1) or tomorrow for only .99! The price will then steadily increase a dollar per day after that until it returns to its regular list price of 5.99, so be sure and grab it while it's at its most inexpensive! :flail: for great savings :flail:

Also, just a reminder, you don't actually need to own a Kindle to read it, thanks to free reading apps on desktops and mobile devices ;)

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 07 Mar 2014, 05:26:08

Hey man, congrats on going through the publishing process. Did you go through CreateSpace? So far, the best self-publishing avenue I've been able to find.

I'll check out your preview chapters if you check out mine. Actually, I'll probably check yours out regardless. I need some new reading material.

My book is fiction, but also sort of about death. It's print and digital, but the Kindle version is considerably cheaper (3 whole dollars). You can also just wait until I run another free promotion. :)

Anyway, just thought one good plug deserved another.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 07 Mar 2014, 11:40:08

Thanks, and I will definitely check out your preview chapters!

I don't offer a physical copy yet, though I am in the very slow process of making that happen through CreateSpace; and I will likely permanently lower the price of the digital version once I'm able to make the physical available. It's a shame what the .99 flood has caused to value perception of digital content.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 07 Mar 2014, 15:18:48

Congratulations on your book! Well done.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Return to “The Village Pub III”