F5 - The Refresh Strikes Back

The last place you'll ever drink away the day...again.
Smirker
Post Courtesan
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: F5 - The Refresh Strikes Back

Postby Smirker » 15 Dec 2015, 05:43:56

I'm not sure what happened; but I can't see/access the current game at all. :(

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 15 Dec 2015, 05:50:57

You (and a few others) are dead. Looks like I need to fix some permissions, one moment.

Edit: Should be fixed now, sorry about that.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 15 Dec 2015, 06:26:17

Yep. I can see.. well lots. Definitely all the current game stuff. :)

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 16 Dec 2015, 19:15:51

you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Dec 2015, 17:46:08

The force awakens. T-minus 15 minutes. Then again at 5am, because that's how I roll

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 17 Dec 2015, 17:47:19

My wife is insisting she doesn't want to deal with the opening night crowds and requires we wait until the weekend. I've never contemplated divorce before, but...

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Dec 2015, 17:49:57

Crowds aren't bad at all. They added a bunch of screens and released a bunch of tickets today. The 5 am tickets were the best I could get in the first pass.

You know what to do
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Dec 2015, 17:50:39

Front row center reclining seat 3d. Don't mess this up JJ

twdog

Postby twdog » 17 Dec 2015, 18:16:43

Sitting in 3rd row left side of the elevated back section 3D.

Early on I decided I wanted the "little kid" experience, so I've totally avoided learning about the movie. Skipped anything that even MIGHT have given any info. Skipped all the articles, haven't been to any Star Wars forums in months, didn't watch any of the trailers ...

I basically know nothing about this movie, and it's going to be awesome. Just like the little 80s kids.

All I know is the title, that jj is directing, some of themorginal cast is in it, and that there's a black stormtrooper. That's it

I'm actually annoyed that I learned about the black stormtrooper, and that was only accidentally through some banner ads.

Even at dinner tonight, I heard the people next table over talking about, so went and got a different table.

7-zark-7 wrote:Don't mess this up JJ

+ fucking +

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 17 Dec 2015, 18:23:49

7-zark-7 wrote:You know what to do

You're right, there's only one two things I can do.

VIG SHOT 7-zark-7
VIG SHOT twdog

twdog

Postby twdog » 17 Dec 2015, 21:58:16

he didn't

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 18 Dec 2015, 06:12:22

twdog wrote:

he didn't

I agree. He didn't fuck this one up. I liked the movie. Saw it with m son last night - will watch again in a week or two with wife and daughter (and maybe others) - I can't recall the last time I was willing to pay theater prices twice to rewatch a movie before it gets to DVD.

I basically give it a low A rating.

And opening night crowds was fine. theater was packed, but apart form applause at a few scenes when you see a familiar face or ship, everyone was very polite (a guy next to us kept texting people back - but the third time he did it I asked him to stop and he put the phone up). I heard a 'thanks man!' from behind me when i got onto the guy.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 18 Dec 2015, 13:02:31

The now-10YO got Lego Dimensions for her birthday. She's playing it downstairs. I am hearing so much goddamned nostalgia I think I'm getting lightheaded.

The old 1977 Wonder Woman theme (or some variation thereon) is coming through the speakers.

twdog

Postby twdog » 18 Dec 2015, 15:53:03

That's cool

I don't have any children, but I've sometimes wondered if I did whether they'd like stuff from my that I do or if they'd just think it was old and lame. Nice that yours is into it.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 21 Dec 2015, 11:37:27

twdog wrote:That's cool

I don't have any children, but I've sometimes wondered if I did whether they'd like stuff from my that I do or if they'd just think it was old and lame. Nice that yours is into it.

My eldest daughter (7 going on 17) makes a point of hating stuff I think is cool, starting with Star Wars. I have Obi-Wan training Anakin levels of regret about this.

Luckily, she has a younger sister. If the eldest will not be turned, perhaps she will.

More in a bit,

7z7

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 21 Dec 2015, 19:00:09

twdog wrote:I don't have any children, but I've sometimes wondered if I did whether they'd like stuff from my that I do or if they'd just think it was old and lame. Nice that yours is into it.

It's fairly easy to do, really. Just game with them.

Eldest is a card gamer (CAH, Fluxx, etc) and retro stuff (she now collects and plays N64 games). She plays Mafia with friends all the time, she's not interested in playing on a forum though.
Son plays anything and everything. We have a running rivalry in King of Tokyo, he kills me in most other board games. He does D&D and Magic (I don't anymore) and Xbox One.
The youngest -- she loves board games, lego, and Minecraft. Does Disney Infinity just to build things. She's the one with the wild tastes, though, she plays soccer and is learning the guitar as well.

twdog

Postby twdog » 23 Dec 2015, 20:38:32

removed, because after a night's sleep this doesn't seem funny anymore
Last edited by twdog on 24 Dec 2015, 05:26:02, edited 1 time in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 24 Dec 2015, 00:21:05

If I had a recipe resource like that, I'd spend some time learning that tamale skill. She won't be around forever, make sure you can reliably replicate the process before you lose the chance. Sadly the only thing I learned from my Louisiana grandma before she departed was how to work a proper gumbo -- but it is enough. Yummmmmmm. Hopefully this post reminds me to cook one up when I get back from the Christmas travels.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 24 Dec 2015, 11:44:15

Admetus wrote:If I had a recipe resource like that, I'd spend some time learning that tamale skill. She won't be around forever, make sure you can reliably replicate the process before you lose the chance. Sadly the only thing I learned from my Louisiana grandma before she departed was how to work a proper gumbo -- but it is enough. Yummmmmmm. Hopefully this post reminds me to cook one up when I get back from the Christmas travels.

My tamale day was last Sunday. They're waiting for me for tonight. :D I'll post pics, if I can wait to devour them.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 25 Dec 2015, 20:28:19

Time for our favorite holiday tradition. What bad things have happened to Mom's laptop?

More in a bit,

7z7

twdog

Postby twdog » 26 Dec 2015, 05:50:22

Replace with chromebook?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Dec 2015, 09:44:49

twdog wrote:Replace with chromebook?

Sell me on this. I thought about it for my dad, mostly because he needs something lightweight. Is it easy to set one up for a late-60s guy who is mostly web surfing? I'm actually not worried about malware and whatnot, just something he can lift with one hand.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 26 Dec 2015, 09:59:07

In another entry in the "Ars has a front page?" files... Front page write up on games involving lying to your friends.

Werewolf is number 4 (of 4) in the list.

twdog

Postby twdog » 26 Dec 2015, 17:23:53

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

Sell me on this. I thought about it for my dad, mostly because he needs something lightweight. Is it easy to set one up for a late-60s guy who is mostly web surfing? I'm actually not worried about malware and whatnot, just something he can lift with one hand.

So, to be honest, I don't have tons of hands on experience with chromebooks. I know some people that have them, and one of our groups internally did an evaluation for replacing some of our desktops with them, but I wasn't super involved in that. However, what I saw was that the setup and experience seemed very straight forward and similar to setting up a tablet. I'd point out that for older parents, you can set it up so that you can remote into the chromebook. I think if they can handle an Android tablet, they can handle a chomebook. But again, that's just my impressions.

As for weight, they all seem to be around 3 pounds. I think that's something you could life with one hand, but I couldn't say for your Dad specifically. They really do seem like lightweight plasticiy laptops.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 27 Dec 2015, 15:57:19

Omega wrote:In another entry in the "Ars has a front page?" files... Front page write up on games involving lying to your friends.

Werewolf is number 4 (of 4) in the list.

One Night Ultimate Werewolf is a great game. Everyone gets a role card, a night happens where the role cards are looked at, shuffled, and otherwise shenaniganned, then a day with a single vote. I played last time I was in Indiana with FurinMirado and another of our college friends (plus wives). It was actually received well enough by my non-gamer wife that I picked up a copy for home.

I've played Coup and Resistance from that list as well and would recommend either.

twdog

Postby twdog » 28 Dec 2015, 11:12:31

Random thought time ... does anyone ever actually use those shitty packets of crushed red pepper on their pizza? I've never seen it happen. It's no surprise, they don't have any spice to them; hardly any flavor even, and it's just basically putting food colored dry flakes on your pizza ... it's pointless. Why do they send them? It's the CRUSHED-RED-PEPPER INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX forcing them on us! Fuck those guys and their crappy bland flakes!

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Dec 2015, 13:57:33

I don't know what you mean by packets of them, but I put crushed red pepper (and many other spices) on my pizza all the time!

twdog

Postby twdog » 28 Dec 2015, 15:03:06

So YOU'RE the one encouraging them! Every time I get pizza, even from small time specialty places, I get a whole pile of packets of cheese and crushed red pepper. And I've got decent Parmesan, so even setting aside the crushed red pepper, it's not like I need their overly processed "cheese" Look, I don't need any packets of anything, but every time I order a pizza even when I explicitly say I don't want any, a giant pile of them show up anyway.

Then I feel bad about throwing them out because I given a major guilt trip as a child over wasting food, so they keep building up into a mountain big enough for a Dwarf lord to build his fortress under. Except, you know, it's a mountain of shitty processed food ... maybe the dwarf is a freshman or from the midwest or something ... I don't know, whatever. We're getting off track, the point here is that I keep getting these packets of crushed red pepper, and they're bland, I don't like them, and I don't want them. I either have to *ugh* use them, or toss them out and have visions of my mom going on about staving 3rd world children or my ancestors in the winter huddled around a fire in a cliche eastern european village afraid of whatever the fuck and I don't how eating my dinner helps any of these people.

Look, it's not like I opposed to adding things to my pizza. I like ranch of course, but I'm happy to put any actually spicy sort of pepper on a pizza. Anchovies? Ok, with me. Tabasco-ish sauce? Assuming it's not weak we'll give it a shot. Got some thyme or rosemary or something? Pile it on. Garlic? Fine by me; I'm not a vampire. Hell, I even tried it japanese style with mayo and it was ... not horrible.

I just really don't like crushed red pepper, and I don't know why I keep getting them. Of all things to send! Is it some demented cultural tradition? They have to send crushed pepper, like they'll lose their pizza license or whatever if they don't send a conex of the stuff.

Deep down, I know that they're just responding to market demand, which just goes to goes to show that people don't know good pizza. Like, the best pie is pineapple, bacon, jalapeno, and mushrooms, but still plenty of people just can't handle it. Sad really.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 28 Dec 2015, 15:36:01

twdog wrote:Deep down, I know that they're just responding to market demand, which just goes to goes to show that people don't know good pizza. Like, the best pie is pineapple, bacon, jalapeno, and mushrooms, but still plenty of people just can't handle it. Sad really.

Drop the jalapeno's (or at least keep them on your side of the pizza), and I'll agree, best pie. As far as the red flakes of destiny (they're not actually pepper... you didn't think they were actually pepper, did you?)...

twdog wrote: I either have to *ugh* use them, or toss them out and have visions of my mom going on about staving 3rd world children or my ancestors in the winter huddled around a fire in a cliche eastern european village afraid of whatever the fuck and I don't how eating my dinner helps any of these people.

I feel like you're ignoring option three. Send them to the cliche village.

Send ~all~ the flakes....

More in a bit,

7z7

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 28 Dec 2015, 16:33:22

You guys are thinking about pizza all wrong.

I mean, I don't even OWN a vegetarian, but artichoke hearts, green olives, mushrooms, and real bell peppers (not those flakes) is the best pizza. Sundried tomatoes if you like.

And no icky pineapple.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 28 Dec 2015, 18:08:35

I'm a simple man in regards to pizza. Pepperoni only, from Filippi's is my favorite.

When I go up in Pasadena to those Pieology type places, I get pepperoni (under the cheese, shredded mozzarella please) with cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh basil, oregano, and you get something like this:

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 29 Dec 2015, 07:53:23

There's a place near me (Mack's) that serves the Mack Attack. It's your basic Meat Lover's pizza, but with a top crust of another Meat Lover's pizza. It kind of squelches when they put it down, and drips grease everywhere, and you won't have to eat for another day or two afterward - since no one can eat more than, say, 2 slices, there's always leftovers, which means that one pizza equates to almost an entire week's worth of food. It's like Lembas, but with more grease.

All that said, there's another place that serves a Philly pizza, that's basically chicken/beef with peppers, onions, etc. All pretty standard fare, until they swap the pizza sauce for a horseradish sauce, at which point it transforms into a thing of beauty.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 29 Dec 2015, 09:32:38

7-zark-7 wrote:(they're not actually pepper... you didn't think they were actually pepper, did you?).

Uh, what? Sure they are. Most of them are in the cayenne family; long and thin means lots of surface area per volume, and you get a ton of them per plant.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 29 Dec 2015, 09:56:58

twdog wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

So, to be honest, I don't have tons of hands on experience with chromebooks. I know some people that have them, and one of our groups internally did an evaluation for replacing some of our desktops with them, but I wasn't super involved in that. However, what I saw was that the setup and experience seemed very straight forward and similar to setting up a tablet. I'd point out that for older parents, you can set it up so that you can remote into the chromebook. I think if they can handle an Android tablet, they can handle a chomebook. But again, that's just my impressions.

As for weight, they all seem to be around 3 pounds. I think that's something you could life with one hand, but I couldn't say for your Dad specifically. They really do seem like lightweight plasticiy laptops.

Oh, oh, I have relevant experience here.

Friend of mine convinced me to get a chromebook as my replacement laptop (I mainly use a desktop for serious gaming, so this is strictly my portable low-intensity machine). It is incredibly simple to set up and use, and very light compared to more traditional laptops. The caveat there is google. Does you dad have a gmail account? Does he use Chrome? Is Chrome used to him using it? If these things are true, it'll just have you sign in with your google account and voila, everything is magically in place. Chrome bookmarks and settings, gmail preferences, all of it.

Similarly, if you were to swing by and want to use it, you could just log out, log in with your gmail account, and it automatically sets that up to so you can browse in comfortable familiarity for the duration of your visit.

Browsing, really, is all it does. I've toyed around with google docs and sheets and so on, because that is convenient for me as my work is already relying heavily on google, so it's pretty familiar to me. If these things are not... There may be frustrations. For the right user, though, it's incredibly simple to get going on one.

As a final note, it has a really good battery life.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 29 Dec 2015, 10:01:25

dferrantino wrote:
7-zark-7 wrote:(they're not actually pepper... you didn't think they were actually pepper, did you?).

Uh, what? Sure they are. Most of them are in the cayenne family; long and thin means lots of surface area per volume, and you get a ton of them per plant.

Referring to the flakes that La Cosa Nostra keeps sending to TWDOG. I'm a big believer in fresh produce & have no problem with going veggie style :eyebrow:

But those packets are about as divorced from real peppers as Tiger Woods and Charlie Sheen are from, well, being married. They may have some history that involves a pepper way back in the day...

But they're not peppers...

More in a bit,

7z7

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 29 Dec 2015, 10:03:22

7-zark-7 wrote:
twdog wrote: I either have to *ugh* use them, or toss them out and have visions of my mom going on about staving 3rd world children or my ancestors in the winter huddled around a fire in a cliche eastern european village afraid of whatever the fuck and I don't how eating my dinner helps any of these people.

I feel like you're ignoring option three. Send them to the cliche village.

Send ~all~ the flakes....

More in a bit,

7z7

Option 4: Bring the packets back to the restaurant and helpfully restock their supply. Maybe they'll get the message if you unload a truckload on their doorstep.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 29 Dec 2015, 13:33:51

That PJ wrote:Option 4: Bring the packets back to the restaurant and helpfully restock their supply. Maybe they'll get the message if you unload a truckload on their doorstep.

The logistics team at my former company always shipped half height brackets out with servers that had only full height PCI card capability, as well as the driver CD & manual that we always had to tell the customer not to use (we spec'd our own drivers & supplied on a separate disk/online download).

Given the problems the wrong driver on the disk generated for our support dept, I eventually asked why... Their answer was that they received the cards/brackets/disks as a separate item & installed them into the servers during commissioning. Early on, they would toss the trash until someone noticed their trash disposal bills (seriously, this company tracked irrelevant details like you wouldn't believe... the also got delisted from the NASDAQ and the entire exec staff was in trouble with the SEC, but you're changing the subject... being detail oriented kept your head in the garbage or vice versa)

Long story short (too late), we were paying for trash disposal by the pound, & those brackets/cd's/manuals added up. Conversely, when a server was shipped to a customer, they were paying the freight, and an extra few ounces didn't ping anyone's radar.

So they specifically mailed trash metal brackets in the box with the new server because it was cheaper than disposing of them otherwise. Are the "pepper" flakes passed on in bulk by the same company that supplies canned tomatoes/etc?

Maybe if they ~don't~ send them to twdog, they're drowning in them at Chez Pizza?

More in a bit,

7z7

PS... I'd just like to ask "Computer" to wake up and smell what's cooking... (seriously... we're talking pepper dandruff in the f5 thread, & people are starting to attack the telephones in the single thread game).

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 29 Dec 2015, 20:29:11

That PJ wrote:
twdog wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

Oh, oh, I have relevant experience here.

Friend of mine convinced me to get a chromebook as my replacement laptop (I mainly use a desktop for serious gaming, so this is strictly my portable low-intensity machine). It is incredibly simple to set up and use, and very light compared to more traditional laptops. The caveat there is google. Does you dad have a gmail account? Does he use Chrome? Is Chrome used to him using it? If these things are true, it'll just have you sign in with your google account and voila, everything is magically in place. Chrome bookmarks and settings, gmail preferences, all of it.

Similarly, if you were to swing by and want to use it, you could just log out, log in with your gmail account, and it automatically sets that up to so you can browse in comfortable familiarity for the duration of your visit.

Browsing, really, is all it does. I've toyed around with google docs and sheets and so on, because that is convenient for me as my work is already relying heavily on google, so it's pretty familiar to me. If these things are not... There may be frustrations. For the right user, though, it's incredibly simple to get going on one.

As a final note, it has a really good battery life.

I could probably convince him to do Chrome and get a Gmail account. He DOES use firefox; I made sure of that when I gave him the laptop he has (an Acer from... 2007 or 2008, I think. Pre-Windows 7). I'd be willing to wager that he could pick up on Chrome fast.

Browsing is all we want, I think. I'm concerned about weight because he's had several strokes in the last 6 years and can't lift with his right hand (and the left isn't MUCH better). And a macbook is right out because I don't have the patience to teach or the money to spend on those things. Plus it's likely overkill.

Thanks for the talk, guys. I won't be going out tomorrow to get one, but maybe soon enough. :)

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 29 Dec 2015, 20:30:36

Omega wrote:I'm a simple man in regards to pizza. Pepperoni only, from Filippi's is my favorite.

Fuck, I miss that place. The one in Little Italy in SD specifically.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 29 Dec 2015, 22:27:55

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Omega wrote:I'm a simple man in regards to pizza. Pepperoni only, from Filippi's is my favorite.

Fuck, I miss that place. The one in Little Italy in SD specifically.

That's the original (from my understanding) and the best (from my experience).

Surely you can BS a reason to swing back to SD for a few days... (Not that I've successfully found a reason to swing by TN, but that's a different issue!)

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 30 Dec 2015, 05:43:12

One of the girls in my daughter's 2nd grade class was found dead with her parents over the holiday. It's been reported as a murder suicide: mother and child were asleep. Dad had a history of instability.

She's still in break through next week, but we're discussing how to break it to her before she goes back. She started in this school first of December, & was not close friends with the girl, but she has grown close to another girl in class and is naturally empathetic.

God damn it

More in a bit,

7z7

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 30 Dec 2015, 10:08:37

Holy shit... Good luck with that Zark, that sounds just awful.

twdog

Postby twdog » 30 Dec 2015, 10:12:36

I'm sorry to hear that, both for that other family and your daughter. While I'm not a psychologist, I do have some experience with therapy for preteens, and the only thing I'd say is that you avoid making it like ... THIS IS TRAGIC AND YOU MUST FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!!! ... which people sometimes do, often unintentionally, with children. Better to just explain it in a factual but calm way, because young children often base their feelings on how the adults are behaving.

Anyway, I'd also say from my own experience that if she takes it hard, or is really confused or whatever, a child therapist can be very helpful. But that's just based on my experiences and, of course, you should do what you and your SO think is best.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 30 Dec 2015, 13:31:01

I'm wrapping up at work, & off the rest of the week. I've got stuff that needs me at the office Monday AM, but getting ducks in a row so that I can get out early afternoon for her first day back. I may not make it to her school pickup, but we will do a dinner out as a family (or in if that's what fits her reaction best).

I typically don't make it home in time for family dinner, but believe this one is important, even if nothing is said on that topic in any detail.

We'll have the initial talk on Friday, & give her the weekend to process. We have a bit of a family toolkit in this area - lost my dad a few years ago after a random act of violence. That was a stranger, this was the poor girl's Dad. I think being a bit more present than normal is a decent first step.

My concern is how empathetic Caroline is, & that others in the class knew the girl well and will have a reaction. She will likely mirror some of their emotive response even if she doesn't have the depth of relationship that they did.

Thanks for the advise, especially considering child therapy - the school is offering counseling services & referrals - We're going to keep our approach as factual as we can, & base our response upon hers. If her needs escalate, so will the response.

More in a bit,

7z7

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 30 Dec 2015, 22:43:47

Sorry, this is going to be off topic. My brother forwarded this article as a suggestion for a birthday gift for our color-blind dad. Glasses that compensate for color-blindness and actually restore normal color. Sounds strange, I will have to read more about it, but if it's legit, wow, pretty cool.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 31 Dec 2015, 18:23:15

Watching Dick Clark's New Years show, 3 girls just admitted on camera they were wearing diapers (to get front row, you have to show up ~7am and keep your spot, so it makes sense, but yeah... I don't think they're getting any tonight).

Happy New Years everyone!

7z7

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 01 Jan 2016, 17:16:24

...and a Happy New Year to you, Zark.

Here's to another year of wolfing!

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Jan 2016, 15:21:22

7-zark-7 wrote:Watching Dick Clark's New Years show, 3 girls just admitted on camera they were wearing diapers (to get front row, you have to show up ~7am and keep your spot, so it makes sense, but yeah... I don't think they're getting any tonight).

Happy New Years everyone!

7z7

Don't underestimate the power of the perv.

I mean, it's not my thing, but that doesn't mean it's not a thing.

Anyways, I hope all you wolves had a great (and diaper free) New Years!
Charming, to the last.

twdog

Postby twdog » 04 Jan 2016, 10:03:04

So, first day back at work this year, and things are already off to a rocky start.

We have a number of interns, and one of them has been working with my team. Up till now, I had good impression of her. Sure, she didn't have much experience, but that's always how it is with interns; the important thing was that she was a good learner and a hard worker. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to hiring her for a junior position after she graduates. Of course ... that's what I though till this morning. Everything has changed now ... everything

The desktop group is planning some hardware refreshes, and she CHEERFULLY!!!! said that "oh, maybe you can get your keyboard replaced ... because it's like ... really old and loud ... and it's not even wireless or anything."

:evil:

I gave her a steely cold glare, and picked up the gauntlet she had thrown down. Launching into an eye twitch harangue about the glories of buckling springs, I gave a vigorous defense of the one true keyboard. Loud? Of course it is! Like a lion on the savanna, the legendary Model M roars it's dominance over all other keyboards, and lesser keyboards shudder at the sound of it's deafening clicking clacking. With over five pounds of steel and heavy duty plastic, this isn't some delicate flower fit only for facebook posting, subject to the whims of batteries and bluetooth pairing ... always cabled, always ready.

She merely responded with "sure, whatever" which I'd like to think meant that she had begun to rethink her terribly wrong keyboard beliefs, but the eye rolling tends to make me doubt that.

Then I realized my keyboard is as old as she is, which just made me feel old :|

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 04 Jan 2016, 11:16:38

twdog wrote:The desktop group is planning some hardware refreshes...

You're subject to the whims of the desktop group for your workstation hardware?

I'm so, so sorry.

Return to “The Village Pub III”