Steam summer sale

The last place you'll ever drink away the day...again.
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Steam summer sale

Postby Admetus » 19 Jun 2014, 21:14:25

It looks like Green Team is the one that has more wolf backing, but I will ride Purple over you like a runaway vote train.

Mainly I started this thread to say: What the heck Smirker, 24 points half way through Day 1? You must have had some pent-up badge pressure.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Re: Steam summer sale

Postby Smirker » 19 Jun 2014, 23:23:36

LOL. I didn't know others could see that.

Yea, I had some cards laying around and had some cash in the account from selling cards and the like from last sale and such.. so spent it on cards to finish and enhance badge sets as I mucked about tonight. I even spent nearly a dollar to finish the summer badge.. for no particular reason other than to see what it looked like.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 20 Jun 2014, 05:41:31

I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 20 Jun 2014, 06:18:41

Green represent*!

*I have never, and likely will never, crafted a badge.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 20 Jun 2014, 09:36:31

Okaros wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcBTOU7RvbU

Purple fo' lyfe, yo!

Yeah! Until the next time we randomly draw colors!

Wow, it's been soooo long since I've watched B5. How did you remember that clip? It's perfect.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 20 Jun 2014, 09:49:36

B5 is one of my all-time favorite shows, and that's one of my favorite scenes. :geek:

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 20 Jun 2014, 21:38:23

I've been assigned to team Pink.

But I'm not crafting shit, and will be hard-pressed to buy anything.

btw Okaros is playing Blade Kitten RIGHT NOW

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 21 Jun 2014, 07:26:42

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:btw Okaros is playing Blade Kitten RIGHT NOW

Okaros is mining the steam badges from the games he's already beaten RIGHT NOW, particularly ones that are going for nearly a dollar each. ;)

But I enjoyed playing through Blade Kitten. It's a fun, if rather short, little platformer.

And catgirls are better than ponies anyway.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 21 Jun 2014, 16:12:50

Okaros wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:btw Okaros is playing Blade Kitten RIGHT NOW

Okaros is mining the steam badges from the games he's already beaten RIGHT NOW, particularly ones that are going for nearly a dollar each. ;)

But I enjoyed playing through Blade Kitten. It's a fun, if rather short, little platformer.

And catgirls are better than ponies anyway.

I'm not hating. I just thought it odd. You, Dystopia, and I are the only TWG'ers who have it that I'm aware of... Dys gifted me my copy. I need to put more time into it, I haven't played it very long.

[e] Holy crap, they've been supporting the hell out of that game. It's nearly 4 years old, and just got an update 2 weeks ago.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 21 Jun 2014, 18:10:48

Probably to add the cards.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 21 Jun 2014, 18:32:20

Admetus wrote:Probably to add the cards.

Yeah, not every game can get more than one update a week on average over 4 years like AI War does :P

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 21 Jun 2014, 19:34:46

...they have an active Beta channel, from looking at the news. 4srs.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 21 Jun 2014, 23:21:09

Hellheart wrote:

Yeah, not every game can get more than one update a week on average over 4 years like AI War does :P

I guess they need to keep going... that user interface could stand a lot of improvement.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Jun 2014, 00:41:42

Admetus wrote:
Hellheart wrote:

I guess they need to keep going... that user interface could stand a lot of improvement.

The UI is a little odd, but other than the poor graphics in general - which aren't that much of a bother because I spend the entire game zoomed out to icon level - it's about as accessible as you could reasonably expect.

The mechanics behind the numbers and some of the commands/toggles to get units to do what you'd like, on the other hand...that's a different story.

I've been mostly underwhelmed by the Steam sale so far, but I've been a bundle whore for practically a year by now and that really affects my expectations.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 22 Jun 2014, 09:45:01

Holy crap on a stick. What the hell is with people? I'm shocked to see Green is at ~735K at the time of this writing (next closest is Pink @ ~330K). Now, I admit i mined a couple cards yesterday and ended up going ahead to make another summer sale badge, but i'm just astounded at people's behavior to have a minuscule chance of getting a few wish-listed games.

Still, it'll be nice for Green to have a marker on the 'game map' on the home page. I'm just astounded at the sheer volume of effort by some people ( one of my friends has done over 100 points for the competition - for this day alone. Which make me boggle.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 22 Jun 2014, 14:30:22

Smirker wrote:Holy crap on a stick. What the hell is with people? I'm shocked to see Green is at ~735K at the time of this writing (next closest is Pink @ ~330K). Now, I admit i mined a couple cards yesterday and ended up going ahead to make another summer sale badge, but i'm just astounded at people's behavior to have a minuscule chance of getting a few wish-listed games.

Still, it'll be nice for Green to have a marker on the 'game map' on the home page. I'm just astounded at the sheer volume of effort by some people ( one of my friends has done over 100 points for the competition - for this day alone. Which make me boggle.

Hey, let 'em do it. I'm making money mining for cards. :)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 22 Jun 2014, 15:18:11

I'm calling shenanigans on the team points. Yesterday it was Green, today it's Pink that magically has twice the volume of points as everyone else? Based on the daily points breakdown chart, I suspect that the awarding of the point-stealing tokens may not be entirely random. ;)

On the subject of Blade Kitten, from what I'm seeing on the blogs the developers just got the rights to the game back at the start of the year (I have no idea how they lost it in the first place), so the beta activity is all since then in order to gear up for re-releasing the game and catching up on multiple years worth of not being able to release patches/updates. Interestingly enough, they're talking about charging forward with the Episode 2 DLC. Depending on how it's priced I might pick that up if/when it gets released.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 22 Jun 2014, 19:16:13

Okaros wrote:I'm calling shenanigans on the team points. Yesterday it was Green, today it's Pink that magically has twice the volume of points as everyone else? Based on the daily points breakdown chart, I suspect that the awarding of the point-stealing tokens may not be entirely random. ;)

I was thinking this exact thing earlier today whens seeing green end with a majority and so far ahead. Seeing Pink so far ahead now makes me think you might have something on the team switch tokens being less-than-randomly assigned. I guess they'll make sure each team gets their day in the sun (on the gameboard).

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 23 Jun 2014, 10:39:18

Nothing that interests me that much on today's sales, but still my wallet is in danger as I'm considering buying the Magicka's campaign DLC's I'm missing and also the Castle Crashers 4 pack to shoot the shit with my friends
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 23 Jun 2014, 11:30:34

Aldax wrote:Nothing that interests me that much on today's sales, but still my wallet is in danger as I'm considering buying the Magicka's campaign DLC's I'm missing and also the Castle Crashers 4 pack to shoot the shit with my friends

Awesomenauts is finally low enough for me to check it out. Not that anything is going to pull me away from League of Legends as my choice of MOBA.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Jun 2014, 16:55:39

Oh look, the Blue team has a massive lead over all other teams today.

Conclusion: The votes are rigged. Valve is clearly run by the Wolves!

Re: Today's sales, FTL and Saints Row IV are both steals at those pricetags, but they're also the things most likely to already be owned by folks.

Rogue Legacy's also a lot of fun, totally worth it at 75% off.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Jun 2014, 17:15:06

I totes didn't get a card for pink winning.

Made up for it when I hit my "get a card" vote for the day, when I got foil #8.

Hell, I could buy 2 indie games with the money. :p

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Jun 2014, 17:34:03

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I totes didn't get a card for pink winning.

Clearly you weren't pink enough! (Did you contribute points to Pink yesterday? You're well past the level 8 minimum, so level's not the issue)

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Jun 2014, 17:35:57

Okaros wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I totes didn't get a card for pink winning.

Clearly you weren't pink enough! (Did you contribute points to Pink yesterday? You're well past the level 8 minimum, so level's not the issue)

No, I am not crafting. Just mining and selling. I was of the understanding that the team members get 1, and those who contributed got 2. But I must have been mistaken. :)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 23 Jun 2014, 17:48:02

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:No, I am not crafting. Just mining and selling. I was of the understanding that the team members get 1, and those who contributed got 2. But I must have been mistaken. :)

Sorry, that's not it. If you contributed points to a losing team, you get 1. If you contributed to the winning team, you get 2 instead (and the chance at free games from your wishlist).

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Jun 2014, 18:38:37

Gone Home is on flash sale right now for $2.99, and I personally believe the experience that game provides is worth more than any big-budget game.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Jun 2014, 18:47:44

Okaros wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:No, I am not crafting. Just mining and selling. I was of the understanding that the team members get 1, and those who contributed got 2. But I must have been mistaken. :)

Sorry, that's not it. If you contributed points to a losing team, you get 1. If you contributed to the winning team, you get 2 instead (and the chance at free games from your wishlist).

C'est la vie. I can clear my "wishlist" now, anyway.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Jun 2014, 17:02:00

Wanted to let anyone here who may be a fan of classic point-and-click adventure games know that the entire Blackwell series, which is only showing Blackwell Legacy on the main page under community choice, is heavily discounted as part of this current flash (ends in less than one hour from this posting)! You can get the first four games in the series as a bundle for $2, an absolute steal for such a fantastic series. The series' concluding fifth installment, a much more recent release, is also discounted to about $8 during this time.

So again, if you are a fan of this classic genre, this series is one of the best modern ones that really call back to that style, and with a pretty entertaining story as well!

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 24 Jun 2014, 17:19:45

Ryvvn wrote:Wanted to let anyone here who may be a fan of classic point-and-click adventure games know that the entire Blackwell series, which is only showing Blackwell Legacy on the main page under community choice, is heavily discounted as part of this current flash (ends in less than one hour from this posting)! You can get the first four games in the series as a bundle for $2, an absolute steal for such a fantastic series. The series' concluding fifth installment, a much more recent release, is also discounted to about $8 during this time.

So again, if you are a fan of this classic genre, this series is one of the best modern ones that really call back to that style, and with a pretty entertaining story as well!

It is now mine. ALL MINE.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Jun 2014, 19:29:12

Ryvvn wrote:Wanted to let anyone here who may be a fan of classic point-and-click adventure games know that the entire Blackwell series, which is only showing Blackwell Legacy on the main page under community choice, is heavily discounted as part of this current flash (ends in less than one hour from this posting)! You can get the first four games in the series as a bundle for $2, an absolute steal for such a fantastic series. The series' concluding fifth installment, a much more recent release, is also discounted to about $8 during this time.

Second the recommendation - very good adventure games with good mechanics, decent puzzles (nothing insane), and a great storyline.

Snake
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Snake » 25 Jun 2014, 01:23:53

New Vegas for a fiver (and its associated monopoly money value) is a steal

If you have not already got it (that hopefully isn't many people), get it with Fallout 3. Download the tale of two wastelands mod and then you can play F3 inside New Vegas as one gigantic game.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Jun 2014, 06:37:58

Snake wrote:(and its associated monopoly money value)

:lol:

Fallout 3, like Skyrim, is one of those games I sunk what felt like a bajillion hours into but never actually completed, which is why I never got around to New Vegas. I actually recently started playing Skyrim again, because I have a friend who likes to watch me play, and that was about the only incentive I had to get back into it; if after its once again run its course of entertainment value, I return to Fallout 3, I'll then consider checking out New Vegas, but I've been trying real hard to be good this Steam sale by not paying for games just to "have them for later"... because later seems to never come in those cases.

Though I did slip and buy Witcher 2 for this reason, mostly because Witcher 3 stuff from E3 looked awesome and has enticed me to hurry up and get to the first Witcher which has been sitting in my library for years now!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 25 Jun 2014, 06:53:32

I found New Vegas to be way better than Fallout 3. I think you're missing out, Ryvvn. :)

Return to “The Village Pub III”