The Wolfing Game!
For those of you who have been under a rock for the past thee years, here's how the game is played. We take a pool of randomly selected contestants and add some "wolves": players paid by the studio to create drama. Each day, I ask the players the same question: "who are the wolves?". If the player with the plurality of votes is a wolf, he is ejected and the players with the correct guess accrue valuable prizes. If the player with the most votes isn't a wolf, he's sent home with a consolation prize and the players are subject to a penalty.
Eliminate all the wolves and the remaining players split the game's Grand Prize!!! But let the wolves get too powerful and they're all going home with the booby prize.
To help the players out, some contestants have been randomly chosen to receive an "advantage": after each round they may receive a dossier on the player if their choice. Some dossiers will be accurate and others elaborate fakes. It's up to the players to figure it out!
We're accepting applications today, so come be a part of...
The Wolfing Game!
The game will begin Sunday, September 1st.
Deadlines: Unless stated otherwise in the daily thread, all days end at 9pm Eastern. There will be 48 hour "days" over weekends and Labor Day (aka Day 1 for the non-Americans).
Private messages: Private messages between players will only be allowed when specifically enabled by a power.
Prizes and penalties: The host of the game may award prizes and penalties over the course of the game. These range from temporary powers to information to vote manipulations to gag gifts.
Seer results: All seer results will include a reading of contestant, seer, or wolf. This may or may not be the truth.
Conversions and hidden factions: The wolves will not be able to convert. There are no hidden factions.
Night-time Order of Operations:
1) Role blocker
The following default rules are in effect.
1. Lynch votes will only count if they are time-stamped BEFORE the end of day deadline.
2. If lynch votes are not bolded AND colored, then the GM may opt not to count them in the official tally.
3. Retracting earlier votes is strongly encouraged but not mandatory.
4. A player who fails to cast a daytime lynch vote may not use any nighttime powers (e.g., seer/GA/maul vote).
5. The maul vote of a Wolf killed during the day DOES count in the final nighttime tally.
6. Nighttime conditional votes/targets can only be predicated on daytime actions.
7. Daytime conditional votes/targets are not allowed.
8. If PMs are allowed, the GM must be copied on every PM sent.
9. PMs or private board posts from the GM may not be quoted elsewhere without the express permission of the GM. Paraphrasing is okay.
10. Vigilante kill posts need to clearly state themselves as such on a separate line (e.g., "Vig kill on Omega"). Any target of such a clearly-labeled Vig strike may no longer post to the Day thread without express GM permission.
11. Non-vigilantes who intentionally post fake Vigilante kill shots may be WOG-ed by the GM.