Try not to sweat too much.
necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Official Terms and Conditions

Postby necklessone » 07 Sep 2013, 07:57:46

Vote Coupons cont'd
Ignore any mention of PMs in the original coupon message; that was a hold over from earlier versions of the power. Coupons are one time use only and last until the end of the day.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 07 Sep 2013, 08:02:42

This is a repeat of the rulings summary post on Page 1.

To keep things orderly, I want to make it clear that this thread is the only source of official rules for the game. Anything in the sign-up thread may have changed between when it was posted and when the game started. To help with this, I'm going to go through the sign-up thread and re-post relevant rulings here.

Seer Targeting Restrictions
Seers may not target themselves. They may target the same player multiple times.

Vigilante Kills
Vigilantes may not kill as a night action this game.

Death Reveals
When a player is killed, I will reveal their team and role. The role of seers will be revealed simply as "Seer".

Voting Restrictions
No voting for one's self or for no lynch. Wolves may not vote for no maul.

Seering Priority
When a target is seered, their role is checked first for relevant information (eg, Sane seer looks for seers, vigilante seer looks for vigilantes, role seer looks for any special role). If there is no relevant information in the role, then the team is checked. For example, a wolf seer and a human seer both return the same result to the Sane seer because the first thing it checks is the role ("Seer"). Same with a wolf vigilante and a human vigilante to the Vigilante seer.

Duplicate Roles
The only roles that may have duplicates in this game are marked in the role list: the Networker and the Paparazzi. No seer type is duplicated.

Dossier Fluff
Night 1: You paw through the folder left at your podium. Height, eye color, BMI, some notes from his grammar school teachers. Finally, on the last page: XXX is a XXX.
Night 2: Today's dossier includes a wonderful sketch of XXX as a XXX.
Night 3: No fluff.
Night 4: No fluff.

What is a penalty?
A penalty is something that happens when a contestant is lynched, no matter what language the host tries to use to pretty it up. Penalties include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • Some sort of restriction/punishment related only to the people who voted for the lynchee.
  • Sort sort of restriction/punishment on all players.
  • Some sort of benefit for the wolf team.

What is a prize?
A prize is something that happens when a wolf is lynched. Any player who voted for the wolf will receive a prize of some sort. Not all players will always receive the same prize.

Wolves, Prizes, and Penalties
Wolves will receive a subset of the prizes and all of the penalties they have earned. Which prizes they were eligible for will not be revealed.

Vote Coupons
The prize on Day 4 was coupons that can be redeemed to reduce votes on Days 5, 6, and 7. To use them, the bearer needs to make a declaration in the day thread and post the image (or a link to the image) that I will be providing soon. There is no time of day restriction on the coupons, so they may be used to anti-vote snipe. Coupons are non-transferrable and one time use only; they last until the end of the day they were used.
Ignore any mention of PMs in the original coupon message; that was a hold over from earlier versions of the power.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 07 Sep 2013, 08:44:11

Question about the Mirrored Seer:

Let's say I targeted Player X who was targeted by Player Y.

If I'm the Mirrored Seer then will I end up Targeting Player Y? Or do I get the same result that Player Y got?

I think it's the former, but I want to make sure.

Example:
So if I target Player X, I would normally get a result of "Human". If I target Player Y, I would normally get a result of "Seer". Player Y targets Player X and gets a result of "Wolf". Do I end up with a result of "Seer" (because my target switched to Player Y) or "Wolf" (because I got the same result Player Y got).

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 07 Sep 2013, 08:53:39

FurinMirado wrote:Question about the Mirrored Seer:

Let's say I targeted Player X who was targeted by Player Y.

If I'm the Mirrored Seer then will I end up Targeting Player Y? Or do I get the same result that Player Y got?

I think it's the former, but I want to make sure.

Example:
So if I target Player X, I would normally get a result of "Human". If I target Player Y, I would normally get a result of "Seer". Player Y targets Player X and gets a result of "Wolf". Do I end up with a result of "Seer" (because my target switched to Player Y) or "Wolf" (because I got the same result Player Y got).

The Rules wrote:Mirrored Seer: Results are coded in the same manner as the Confused Seer. If his seer target is targeted by other players on the same night, the seering is randomly redirected to one of the other players targeting the seer target. The Mirrored Seer will not be informed of the redirection.

Assuming that the Mirrored Seer would see Player X as "Contestant" and Player Y as "Seer".

1) Mirrored Seer targets Player X.
2) Player Y targets Player X.
3) Mirrored Seer is redirected to Player Y.
4) Mirrored seer is told that Player X (their original target) is a "Seer" (what they would see Player Y as).

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 07 Sep 2013, 09:04:28

necklessone wrote:
The Rules wrote:Mirrored Seer: Results are coded in the same manner as the Confused Seer. If his seer target is targeted by other players on the same night, the seering is randomly redirected to one of the other players targeting the seer target. The Mirrored Seer will not be informed of the redirection.

Assuming that the Mirrored Seer would see Player X as "Contestant" and Player Y as "Seer".

1) Mirrored Seer targets Player X.
2) Player Y targets Player X.
3) Mirrored Seer is redirected to Player Y.
4) Mirrored seer is told that Player X (their original target) is a "Seer" (what they would see Player Y as).

Right, so basically instead of seering their intended target; the Mirrored seer gets the result for another (random if multiple) player(s) who seered the same target.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 07 Sep 2013, 18:06:14

The topic of the quantum seer was brought up. I see no description, can we have that at least? Not asking if it exists, but it wouldn't be cool if it's around and there is no reference.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 07 Sep 2013, 18:12:46

rekard wrote:The topic of the quantum seer was brought up. I see no description, can we have that at least? Not asking if it exists, but it wouldn't be cool if it's around and there is no reference.

This coming from the GM who failed to mention that one of the teams in his multi-faction game had a completely different secret name called "The Wolfhood"? Seriously?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 07 Sep 2013, 18:23:02

Ozymandias wrote:
rekard wrote:The topic of the quantum seer was brought up. I see no description, can we have that at least? Not asking if it exists, but it wouldn't be cool if it's around and there is no reference.

This coming from the GM who failed to mention that one of the teams in his multi-faction game had a completely different secret name called "The Wolfhood"? Seriously?

Different games and concepts. It doesn't defeat the argument. this game, from my perception, we have to try and get an accurate seer to assist us from the fodder. If there is a quantum see, what is it and waht does it consist of? How do we identify it? Or ais it just an unknown to make identifying seers harder?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 07 Sep 2013, 18:26:41

It (the Quantum Seer) could also just be deliberate filler in the list of possible seer types, intended to provoke exactly this sort of wild speculation. Neckless *does* specifically mention that not all of the seer types will be in play.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 07 Sep 2013, 18:32:26

I will provide additional Quantum information, but not the full role. It will be up sometime tomorrow.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 07 Sep 2013, 18:39:21

Cool. Any frame of reference is good.

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 07 Sep 2013, 19:27:15

Can you confirm or deny if there could be "secret" penalties or prizes that are handed out, beyond those referenced in the day threads?

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 07 Sep 2013, 19:39:17

Prizes Cont'd
Both prizes and penalties may have secret aspects that are not announced or revealed to all players. They are not limited to only what is announced by the host.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 08 Sep 2013, 06:28:21

Quantum Seer
The Quantum Seer begins the game with an equal chance to be of a subset of seers. Visions are determined randomly with odds based on what each of the remaining seers in the subset would see; if the result does not agree with on of the potential seer states, that state is eliminated. The Quantum Seer does not affect the roles of other players.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 08 Sep 2013, 06:32:38

Official Declaration of Secrets
The following information may be kept secret from players.
  • The subset of seers that make up the Quantum seer.
  • The full effect if the Vigilante Seer finds a Vigilante.
  • The exact nature of prizes and penalties.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 08 Sep 2013, 09:33:15

Prizes and Death
Prizes held by players who die will be out of the game. What prizes they had will not be revealed.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 08 Sep 2013, 16:05:08

Private Message Powers
As of today and going forward, the initial private message from any powers that send one have no size limit. Replies must be no more than 140 characters.

Ionitor
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Ionitor » 10 Sep 2013, 07:49:19

This may have already been answered, but can the power blocker block the "power" of the cosmic joke? The handsome devil?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 10 Sep 2013, 07:53:27

(sorry, meant to post this to Day thread)

Ionitor wrote:This may have already been answered, but can the power blocker block the "power" of the cosmic joke? The handsome devil?

From the rules thread ...

necklessone wrote:
Admetus wrote:I feel like this might have been answered before, but I don't see it in the thread. Do blocking powers like the Jailer and Power Blocker stop the Cosmic Joke or Handsome Devil from overriding seers? From the rule text, it seems like the answer would be "yes both do." The Jailer prevents any results from coming back to a seer, so they won't get their static answer, and the Power Blocker would suppress CJ and HD, making them return as if they were an ordinary human or wolf. Is this right?

Yes, they both cancel out the CJ and HD returning the results you mentioned. They will both show up as specials to the Role Seer if the Role-Blocker hits them the same night as the Role Seer.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 11 Sep 2013, 16:51:22

Night-time Order of Operations (revised again:
1) Role blocker
2) Jailer
3) Seers
4) Vigilante
5) Maul

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 13 Sep 2013, 08:08:35

If a Vote Seer seered Ozymandias, would they get the true alignment of the person Ozy voted for, or would Ozy's Handsome Devil override them completely and show them Contestant?

If a Vote Seer seered someone who voted for Ozymandias, would they get Contestant or Wolf?

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Sep 2013, 08:15:43

Admetus wrote:If a Vote Seer seered Ozymandias, would they get the true alignment of the person Ozy voted for, or would Ozy's Handsome Devil override them completely and show them Contestant?

If a Vote Seer seered someone who voted for Ozymandias, would they get Contestant or Wolf?

The powers of the Cosmic Joke and Handsome Devil were triggered when they were originally targeted by the seer. So if the Vote Seer targeted Ozy, they would have gotten Contestant back every time (assuming Ozy wasn't power blocked that night).

If the Vote Seer targeted someone who voted for Ozy, the redirection doesn't trigger the Handsome devil and they would get "Wolf" back.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 15 Sep 2013, 14:51:22

On the night Aldax seered FurinMirado, we know FurinMirado tried to seer Ozymandias, but was power-blocked. If Aldax was a target seer, would he have seen on FurinMirado, or on Ozymandias? If he got Ozy's result, Wolf would come back for Target Seer because Ozy can't Handsome Devil out of that. But if it went nowhere because FurinMirado can't have a target while power-blocked, then Aldax should have seen Seer.

And just to be sure, that applies to people who are jailed, too?

And if leiden used the P-PPPoV and did not seer, the night-vig target is what the Target Seer and Mirror Seer use, right?

Oh, right. This applies to Mirror Seer in the same way?

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 15 Sep 2013, 14:55:11

Admetus wrote:On the night Aldax seered FurinMirado, we know FurinMirado tried to seer Ozymandias, but was power-blocked. If Aldax was a target seer, would he have seen on FurinMirado, or on Ozymandias? If he got Ozy's result, Wolf would come back for Target Seer because Ozy can't Handsome Devil out of that. But if it went nowhere because FurinMirado can't have a target while power-blocked, then Aldax should have seen Seer.

And just to be sure, that applies to people who are jailed, too?

And if leiden used the P-PPPoV and did not seer, the night-vig target is what the Target Seer and Mirror Seer use, right?

Oh, right. This applies to Mirror Seer in the same way?

1&2) Seers who have been power blocked or jailed have no target for the purposes of the Target/Mirrored seer.

3) Prizes do not interact with the Target/Mirrored seer. So the use of the P-PPoPV would not redirect.

Return to “Under the Bright Lights”