Day 3: Is this meat safe to eat?

Adventure, the great outdoors, and near-certain death.
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Re: Day 3: Is this meat safe to eat?

Postby Admetus » 16 Sep 2016, 12:09:39

Mister E. Meat wrote:Closeted wolfs are the worst. Be out and proud my good man scary monster.

Thanks man! You be you, too.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 16 Sep 2016, 12:12:32

In light of recent events,

#Vote for: NO!

#Vote for: SLEEP!

#Vote for: TIL OREGON!!

With that, I have:

Admetus - 8 - Anzig, Omega, jrsthethird, Jehos, Gungnir888, RaveBomb, rekard, Mister E. Meat
jrsthethird - 3 - Rictus, Admetus, asbath
sphenodont - 1 - Penalty

Missing - twdog, dferrantino, Ryvvn, DastardlyOldMan, Aldax, Blindsniper83, sphenodont

Also (edited to include Omega's following vote):

Continue on - 8 - Rictus, Anzig, Jehos, Gungnir888, rekard, Mister E. Meat, jrsthethird, Omega
Rest the night - 3 - Admetus, asbath, RaveBomb

Missing - twdog, dferrantino, Ryvvn, DastardlyOldMan, Aldax, Blindsniper83, sphenodont, Omega
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 16 Sep 2016, 12:20:33, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 16 Sep 2016, 12:15:20

My bad.

#Vote for: Keep on trucking!

Put as much distance between the caravan and Admetus and me as you can. I've got a little surprise for him. Call it a "blaze" of "glory".

Speaking of which, where's my peace pipe?

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 16 Sep 2016, 12:19:26

Continuing on in our game here, I suggest taking a hard look at asbath. He voted identical to Admetus today (lynch me, rest), and I'm starting to think that the rest mechanic does benefit the wolves. Odds still great to hit at least one human, but it slows down our journey to the Valley. His post also included doubts about me (which, as a wolf, he knows I'm human).

Looking at his first two days, he pushed MEM into a tie yesterday (sort of suspect), and he was on neckless Day 1.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 16 Sep 2016, 12:22:16

Admetus wrote:You gave me AIDS! Or at least tried to. On the other hand, Rictus might be AIDS. It's a toss-up.

Hey hey hey! Don't do a Kellyanne Conway and avoid the question.

Also it was Ricardo! Not me!

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 16 Sep 2016, 12:29:09

Should the vig put an end to our wolf? It gives us a chance to look at Ryvyn and asbath, possibly two confirmed humans to rally around tomorrow, and prevents a chance of the vig dying of the mad shats before firing their weapon.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 16 Sep 2016, 12:30:52

Jrsthethird wrote:
Looking at his first two days, he pushed MEM into a tie yesterday (sort of suspect), and he was on neckless Day 1.

I would be surprised if asbath is a wolf if Ryvvn is. Would the wolves really put two of their own on neckless on Day 1? Seems like a lot to me.

Right now, we've got wolves on Zark (neckless) and Ryvvn (Admetus). If Ryvvn is a wolf (which I think he is) then he would be on Neckless. I think the other wolves are likely in those floating singletons.

Or an early vote on Neckless, which, I guess, asbath would fit the bill.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Sep 2016, 12:35:25

Once again this group is proving that being vocal and trying to figure out the game are the worst things to do as a player, it's not wonder participation lacks around here.

How come nobody pointed out that I also suggested Jrs claim if he were vigilante and Omega just believe that so Jrs wouldn't have to fire?

FCM is a new GM, we had no idea if she was trying to be clever with her naming and seer results, and what I dug up made sense with what Omega was claiming and the rules as presented to us (which were otherwise in conflict, and I wanted to trust Omega's claimed seer result).

Given the info provided, I was worried about the landslide on Jrs and us potentially losing 4 humans in total tonight!

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 16 Sep 2016, 12:38:57

Omega wrote:My bad.

[ vote]Keep on trucking![ /vote]

Put as much distance between the caravan and Admetus and me as you can. I've got a little surprise for him. Call it a "blaze" of "glory".

Speaking of which, where's my peace pipe?

I'd never admit to illicit smoking after revealing my identity on the Interwebs. No need to spend time in the pokey!

Guys, I think he means he's going to try to poop on me. Good thing he's full of sick and dying, instead of vim and vigor!

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 16 Sep 2016, 12:40:28

rekard wrote:
Admetus wrote:You gave me AIDS! Or at least tried to. On the other hand, Rictus might be AIDS. It's a toss-up.

Hey hey hey! Don't do a Kellyanne Conway and avoid the question.

Also it was Ricardo! Not me!

Yeah I think it was a team effort. Because where did Ricardo get the AIDS from?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Sep 2016, 12:42:17

#Vote for: Admetus

#Vote for: press on

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 16 Sep 2016, 12:56:02

Ryvvn wrote:Once again this group is proving that being vocal and trying to figure out the game are the worst things to do as a player, it's not wonder participation lacks around here.

How come nobody pointed out that I also suggested Jrs claim if he were vigilante and Omega just believe that so Jrs wouldn't have to fire?

FCM is a new GM, we had no idea if she was trying to be clever with her naming and seer results, and what I dug up made sense with what Omega was claiming and the rules as presented to us (which were otherwise in conflict, and I wanted to trust Omega's claimed seer result).

Given the info provided, I was worried about the landslide on Jrs and us potentially losing 4 humans in total tonight!

I don't think the issue is tied to being vocal, its about sound arguments, or at least arguments that sound sound.

Your post had a couple of logic leaps: a third party turning up as a benefit to the town, a GM changing the game conventions, the idea that a player named as a human with a human history would not be seen as human. These may be possible, but when you hear hooves, you don't assume zebra until other options are examined and found wanting.

Any thoughts on the vig idea?

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 16 Sep 2016, 13:08:19

Just wanted to personally thank Omega for hosting our party - it's been GREAT. a real GUT BUSTER! (hah!).

Rules question: If a person survives dysentery, will we know their identity? Seems like we would.
Charming, to the last.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 16 Sep 2016, 13:11:09

Rictus wrote:Just wanted to personally thank Omega for hosting our party - it's been GREAT. a real GUT BUSTER! (hah!).

You're not nearly as funny as you think you are. :vomit:

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 16 Sep 2016, 13:13:38

So when are you going to give us the second big reveal, and tell us that DOM is actually a wolf?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 16 Sep 2016, 13:15:40

Rictus wrote:Just wanted to personally thank Omega for hosting our party - it's been GREAT. a real GUT BUSTER! (hah!).
Rules question: If a person survives dysentery, will we know their identity? Seems like we would.

We talked about this in the wolf forum. Nope.

If we were getting as an expected value 1 random dead human and 1 random confirmed human as a trade for 1 maul, do you think we'd take that bargain? Lolnope.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Sep 2016, 13:22:03

Gungnir888 wrote:Your post had a couple of logic leaps: a third party turning up as a benefit to the town, a GM changing the game conventions, the idea that a player named as a human with a human history would not be seen as human. These may be possible, but when you hear hooves, you don't assume zebra until other options are examined and found wanting.

What player named as human not being human? Omega? I never questioned Omega's humanity in my post, I just put that he may have been lying about something; and, oh, turned out he was!

What other options were there to examine?

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Sep 2016, 13:23:05

The GM says this:

You will not know the identity of anyone that survives dysentery.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Sep 2016, 13:27:01

Gungnir888 wrote:Any thoughts on the vig idea?

What, on shooting Admetus? Yeah, it makes sense that the vig take their shot on a day when they can shoot without worry (another reason I was encouraged Jrs when I thought he might be vig to take a shot), and yes it makes sense to remove the landslide candidate for way of a new target, though if wolves already voted it does give them the chance to convienently not replace their vote before EoD and thus we lose information. I think it best the vig shoot only if they have a good feeling on someone else, unfortunately, that's likely to be me due to the verbal railroading.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 16 Sep 2016, 14:22:50

Apologies all... I appear to have made a wrong turn somewhere and find myself in Forks, Washington. Really not where I expected to find myself.

In any case, I will attempt to rendezvous with the rest of the group asap.

Oh, and
#Vote for: rest
and
#Vote for: Admetus.

Will try to catch up on what I missed tonight. (and I really am in Forks, but thankfully just passing through.)

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 16 Sep 2016, 14:54:28

Ryvvn wrote:

What, on shooting Admetus? Yeah, it makes sense that the vig take their shot on a day when they can shoot without worry (another reason I was encouraged Jrs when I thought he might be vig to take a shot), and yes it makes sense to remove the landslide candidate for way of a new target, though if wolves already voted it does give them the chance to convienently not replace their vote before EoD and thus we lose information. I think it best the vig shoot only if they have a good feeling on someone else, unfortunately, that's likely to be me due to the verbal railroading.

For what it's worth, I reread your posts to date and am less certain you are wolf. Day 1 played pretty human, so I need to look at some other folks before I make a hasty bet.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 16 Sep 2016, 14:57:42

The fuck you get there so fast?! Especially since we must've backtracked after the first day to end up in Chimney Rock.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Sep 2016, 15:20:46

Jrsthethird wrote:The fuck you get there so fast?! Especially since we must've backtracked after the first day to end up in Chimney Rock.

Ahem. Chimney Rock

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 16 Sep 2016, 15:25:13

*ahem*

Many rocks look like chimneys. For some reason NC didn't link back to Disambiguation page so I took it for granted.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 16 Sep 2016, 15:27:24

[OOC: This game is REALLY making me want to play the old black & white MacOS version of the Oregon Trail. I would play the Apple II version, but hunting in that version sucked.]

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Sep 2016, 15:32:28

I played a few days ago for research.

http://playdosgamesonline.com/oregon-trail.html

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Sep 2016, 15:33:57

I'd caution against vigging him at this point; had we had this discussion earlier in the day (and not a Friday when we lose various folks to religious and/or alcohol-related reasons about now), I'd say definitely vig him so we can vote - plus, more confirmed humans isn't a bad thing. Doing so now doesn't leave a ton of reaction-time for everyone to change votes to appropriate secondary targets.

I'm also voting for
#Vote for: move on
, but only because I'm pretty clearly the next maul victim, and I don't like the scenery here. If we could definitely bring the death-count down by staying, I'd do it, but a couple of 10%s doesn't feel worth it.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 16 Sep 2016, 15:35:41

Ryvvn wrote:

Encouraging a vig to take a shot on Day 3 when the odds are far, far greater of hitting a human than a wolf just to prove out is odd.

It's not just me. Dferr noticed it on Day 2.

If [Ryvvn] votes for Zark, it would have been a coinflip at 6, with him at 4. Only way he gets pushed ahead is if both Zark (active) and necklessone (not) change their votes to him. Any other voter changing their vote to him at that point (except Jehos) looks super weird, so "last minute shenanigans" means exposing at least one wolf.

That said, if Ryvvn's a wolf, leaving it to a coinflip makes him look suspicious no matter what, and putting necklessone ahead is a good way to build human cred.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Sep 2016, 15:38:50

Omega - before you wander off this mortal coil, thoughts on the results of your ploy? The people that *knew* it was a ploy would be the wolves, and in my mind, they'd be ready to either a) not vote, knowing something was up, or b) suspect that a third party had interfered with your visions, and happily accept the mis-seer and vote for JRS.

The other option, of course, is that JRS is a wolf as well, and it wasn't read as a mis-seer. Just wanted to get your take on it.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 16 Sep 2016, 15:42:42

I will join the bandwagon on Admetus. My earlier vote to press on remains the same.

#Vote for: press on
Charming, to the last.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 16 Sep 2016, 16:18:45

In case I'm not still around when I get back from practice, I have to leave you with:

Joseph Smith, American Moses.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 16 Sep 2016, 16:32:36

The plot thickens.
(OOC: long holiday weekend, may post more sporadically, if that's even possible)

EDIT: Also
#Vote for: Moving on
Last edited by Aldax on 16 Sep 2016, 17:50:55, edited 1 time in total.
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 16 Sep 2016, 16:41:50

#Vote for: Admentus

let us press on,
#Vote for: go go go

edited to show my choice
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 16 Sep 2016, 17:34:56

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Omega - before you wander off this mortal coil, thoughts on the results of your ploy? The people that *knew* it was a ploy would be the wolves, and in my mind, they'd be ready to either a) not vote, knowing something was up, or b) suspect that a third party had interfered with your visions, and happily accept the mis-seer and vote for JRS.

The other option, of course, is that JRS is a wolf as well, and it wasn't read as a mis-seer. Just wanted to get your take on it.

I didn't get much out of it to be honest. As noted, Ryvvn seemed to react really strongly and I'm all dead eyes on him.

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 16 Sep 2016, 18:40:05

Jrsthethird wrote:Is that good enough for you guys?

[ vote]Admetus[/vote ]

Absolutely. Evidently my gut is pretty bad at these things.

Changing my pick to

But I still think it's a worthwhile risk to stay if our third eye could potentially recover from the AIDS shits.
Last edited by asbath on 16 Sep 2016, 18:50:57, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 16 Sep 2016, 18:43:00

asbath wrote:

[ vote]Admetus[/vote]

[ vote]Admetus[/vote]

I hope you didn't get my dysentery!

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 16 Sep 2016, 19:30:47

In the computer game, I always just buy 99 boxes of bullets, no clothes or food, and never stop for anything. Little Timmy died of a snake bite? Well obviously he didn't deserve to go to Oregon! Only the strong will survive!

and so ...
#Vote for: we press on

I also vote
but I would retract my vote if he reveals who the vampires are.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 16 Sep 2016, 20:19:15

The vampires are a secret faction that weren't informed of their roles to start. The Fairy Catmother is one, and she bit Okaros. I didn't learn who Okaros bit before I was forced to tear his throat out in self defense. Sorry!

Whoever it is should probably be activating shortly...

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 16 Sep 2016, 20:51:20

asbath wrote:

[ vote]Admetus[/vote ]

Changing my pick to

But I still think it's a worthwhile risk to stay if our third eye could potentially recover from the AIDS shits.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Sep 2016, 21:25:51

CURRENT TALLY:

Admetus - 16 - Anzig, Omega, jrsthethird, Jehos, Gungnir888, RaveBomb, rekard, Mister E. Meat, Ryvvn, sphenodont, DastardlyOldMan, Rictus, Aldax, Blindsniper83, asbath, twdog
jrsthethird - 1 - Admetus
sphenodont - 1 - Penalty

No vote: dferrantino

Continue on - 13 - Rictus, Anzig, Jehos, Gungnir888, rekard, Mister E. Meat, jrsthethird, Omega, Ryvvn, DastardlyOldMan, Aldax, Blindsniper83, twdog
Rest - 4 - Admetus, asbath, RaveBomb, sphenodont

No vote: dferrantino

EOD in < 40 minutes

The GM says this:

I will be driving when the day rolls over, so if an Overlord could lock the thread for me, that would be much appreciated. Otherwise I will try to get it at a stoplight.
There may be a slight delay before I can get the next day up.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Sep 2016, 22:16:17

Day 3 has ended.

Return to “Greenhorns”