Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Adventure, the great outdoors, and near-certain death.
User avatar
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 784
Joined: 20 Mar 2016, 00:03:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 18 Sep 2016, 23:21:41

Image

The day stretched on for what seemed like forever...there had been so many deaths, and not enough time to stop to hold proper funerals. Morale was down, and the party couldn't make up its mind. Was Ryvvn a wolf? Was asbath?
Crossing into Idaho, everyone was struck by the sheer power and beauty of the many waterwalls. You decided to do something crazy- you would throw BOTH Ryvvn and asbath into the river. If one of them survived the drop into the falls, great! If not...well, you're getting tired of Ryvvn's theories, anyway.
You tied them both up, threw them into the water, and carefully crept to the edge of the cliff to watch. There they went, careening over the side of the falls like a pair of honeymooners. Amazingly, they both resurfaced! Everyone watched as asbath swam to the safety of the riverbank and Ryvvn began sprouting thick black fur. His doggie paddling wasn't enough to keep him afloat. Ryvvn's howls echoed throughout the canyon long after his body disappeared for good under the water.
Suddenly, you felt a shadow pass overhead. No, wait- it was twdog! You watched helplessly as his body was flung over the cliff. He might have survived the water, but there's no way he could survive that fall. His limp body bounced off several jagged boulders before finally coming to a stop at the bottom. Not one of you saw who threw him.

Ryvvn - lynched - wolf
twdog - mauled - human

FINAL TALLY:

Ryvvn - 4 - Mister E. Meat, asbath, Jehos, Anzig
asbath - 4 - Jrsthethird, Rictus, RaveBomb, Ryvvn
Anzig - 1 - sphenodont
Mister E. Meat - 1 - Gungnir888
Jehos - 1 - Blindsniper83
Rictus - 1 - rekard

No vote: Aldax, twdog

Aldax will receive a penalty vote today.

Day 5 will end Monday, September 19 at 10 pm PT

User avatar
Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 689
Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 14:34:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Catasauqua, PA

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Jrsthethird » 19 Sep 2016, 00:45:15

Damn, I was off. Good thing the die roll was in our favor. Also, pretty sure this clears asbath. So we have 1, maybe 2 wolves left? Not bad.

My attention is focused towards Rictus or Blindsniper now. Blindsniper was on Ryvvn Day 1 (late day vote for human cred?) and had two odd singleton votes Days 2 and 4 (RaveBomb and Jehos, respectively). Rictus was on zark Day 1, rekard Day 2, and asbath Day 4, which helped push him to a tie with Ryvvn.

Anyone have any other analysis after this reveal?

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby rekard » 19 Sep 2016, 00:55:09

Hahahahahahaha. He actually did it! I had the belief Ryvvn was the kind of player that could sacrifice ruthlessly a fellow wolf for the sake of his future credibility. But I wasn't really sure of it. I think I would never be since its a very high risk, high reward gambit. Or maybe it was the fear that if the coin flip killed neck, Ryvvn would be seen suspicious.

I think if he hadn't said the wonderfully fantastical story of the seer role hating the vigilante, few would have put attention to him. In hindsight it makes sense. I bet he was trying to bait the vigilante to shoot Jrs. Or bait the vig into revealing himself.

Now. Would an Anzig wolf out the nail on the coffin of Ryvvn?

At what point did the wolves decide to sacrifice one of their own?

At this moment I'm not thinking asbath is a wolf because a wolf would likely not have made the mistake of confusing Omega's seer declarations.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby rekard » 19 Sep 2016, 01:35:06

Jrsthethird wrote:Damn, I was off. Good thing the die roll was in our favor. Also, pretty sure this clears asbath. So we have 1, maybe 2 wolves left? Not bad.

My attention is focused towards Rictus or Blindsniper now. Blindsniper was on Ryvvn Day 1 (late day vote for human cred?) and had two odd singleton votes Days 2 and 4 (RaveBomb and Jehos, respectively). Rictus was on zark Day 1, rekard Day 2, and asbath Day 4, which helped push him to a tie with Ryvvn.

Anyone have any other analysis after this reveal?


On day 1, Blindsniper was the next vote for Ryvvn after Admetus. With neck and Zark already leading the wagons, would a wolf make another wolf the next alternative?

Another thing came to my mind. MEM could maybe a bit too confrontational with Ryvvn from the very start. Giving him a hostile attitude. MEM has no compunction towards throwing another wolf to the bus. Also, on day 2 wolf Ryvvn switched his vote from MEM to Visigoth causing a tie between them (MEM was winning the votes 5 to 3 at that moment) It was kinda weird since they were already voting for each other and then their only option would have been... to... switch to me? Motherfusher! Ryvvn was setting me up to die on day 2! And Rictus then enabled them by making me tie. But I digress. It would have taken for MEM and Visigoth to easily switch to Mr, save themselves and I would have not been able to do nothing about it.

I'm thinking, why would Ryvvn switch on day 2 away from MEM? If MEM turned out to be a human, the blame would have been cast on jrs, asbath or Visigoth, not him. So for a wolf Ryvvn, a human MEM dying was perfect. But if he were a wolf MEM, having two wolves dying on days 1&2 would be very very bad.

Maybe Ryvvn was counting on me switching my vote late since I'm very attentive to that. And it would have put Visigoth on my possible choices to switch. But what he didn't count on is that I was so exhausted from work that I fell asleep on my couch and missed EOD.

Now we can make a story about MEM and Rictus being both wolves and it would make perfect sense. Also Ryvvm seemed to avoid talking about Rictus which can be a factor, though not a defining one.
Last edited by rekard on 19 Sep 2016, 01:44:38, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby rekard » 19 Sep 2016, 01:39:28

Now I'll make my TLDR.

On day 2, Wolf Ryvvn switched from MEM to human Visigoth and helped MEM avoid the lynch. A human MEM lynch would have been a good, easy, comfortable lynch for wolf Ryvvn where others would have taken the blame. So why switch?

So for now,
#Vote for: MEM
.

I'm becoming vegetarian now.

User avatar
Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2456
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 18:24:17
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Mister E. Meat » 19 Sep 2016, 06:29:59

Rekard, do you really think that I'd immediately follow the seer, jump on Ryvvn for not following the seer and trying to increase FUD, lobby hard over the weekend to try to get Ryvvn lynched all just as a long con? Yesterday literally came down to a coin flip for us which is risky as I am pretty sure that asbath is human.

I had the belief Ryvvn was the kind of player that could sacrifice ruthlessly a fellow wolf for the sake of his future credibility. But I wasn't really sure of it. I think I would never be since its a very high risk, high reward gambit. Or maybe it was the fear that if the coin flip killed neck, Ryvvn would be seen suspicious.


You're right that as a wolf, I have no problem throwing another wolf under the bus but it's far less likely that I'd draw attention to myself doing it. However, do you really think that the wolves would sacrifice necklessone via Ryvvn's play and then sacrifice Ryvvn via "my" play? That seems really dangerous.

At the end of the day, we're in good shape so if I'm a distraction, then go ahead and get rid of me but I'm telling you that it's a waste of a day and we're far better off trying to discern a pattern and especially trying to see if Ryvvn left us some clues in his BS.

Edit: Here are my reads - asbath, Jehos and jrsthethird feel human. Rekard I'm not sure about you. No one feels really wolfy to me at the moment which means that it's probably one of the people that has been quieter. Possibly one of the singletons.

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Sep 2016, 06:56:45

Ryvvn - lynched - wolf


I knew that boy wasn't mine...
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 524
Joined: 16 Feb 2016, 07:41:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Gungnir888 » 19 Sep 2016, 07:04:05

Ryvyn's early post yesterday.

Of particular note to me is Anzig singling out Admetus yesterday before Omega's reveal.

As well as everyone who voted for Jrs before the reveal because, as was pointed out, the wolves would know the seer result was off but would happily jump on a misleading bandwagon. It seems likely there is at least one more wolf in that batch of votes:
MEM's day one play is still strange, but I felt less confident about pursuing it as day two went on.
Gungnir being the early vote on zark and the early vote on visigoth doesn't say much.
Rictus is on zark in what Omega has called the wolf sweet spot, and then on the tail end of rekard who is still unknown.
Asbath is in what I consider suspicious positions on days one and two.
Jehos missed day one which always sucks for analysis, and then hopped on to bring visigoth to a quick two after mem was the opening at two.

And of those, MEM and Gungnir first found me merely suspicious because I was "defending" Jrs -- later Gungnir even says he could buy into the possibility of a third faction -- but then both immediately switch their tone to "Let's kill him tomorrow" after Omega simply said he would have seered me if he weren't going to die; they extrapolated Omega's focused interest in me to outright call for my head! To be fair, Omega did later say he also thinks I'm a wolf, but if my fault was reacting strongly to Omega's false reveal of a seer result, these two acted rather strongly to the seer simply saying he would have peeked at me.

Following that, Gungnir at least conversed with me on the matter, MEM just comes off as opportunistic, even pulling up a day two dferr quote musing about my day one self-protection vote. I say self protection because I wasn't in immediate danger but worried about snipes and the missing Jehos vote, what I was referring to by shenanigans.

So I guess, right now, I'm most suspicious of Anzig, MEM, and Asbath. I don't think MEM and Asbath could both be wolves based on the clear danger Asbath put MEM in on day two, but I'm having trouble deciding between the two: Asbath for his vote placements or MEM for his attitude toward me. However, Anzig's seemingly random vote on Admetus, again before the reveal, along with his post, screams out at me:


MEM is mentioned in damn near every sentence. At this point, we need to decide if that was an attempt to throw somebody under the bus, or to frame up a human on his way out.

At this point I like MEM and Asbath.

User avatar
Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 75
Joined: 12 Sep 2016, 12:02:03
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Jehos » 19 Sep 2016, 08:35:49

Ha! I knew all that yappin' was fishy.

The downside is, now I need to go dig through all that nonsense for clues.
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

User avatar
asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 47
Joined: 12 Sep 2016, 12:16:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby asbath » 19 Sep 2016, 09:01:10

Jrsthethird wrote:Damn, I was off. Good thing the die roll was in our favor. Also, pretty sure this clears asbath. So we have 1, maybe 2 wolves left? Not bad.

My attention is focused towards Rictus or Blindsniper now. Blindsniper was on Ryvvn Day 1 (late day vote for human cred?) and had two odd singleton votes Days 2 and 4 (RaveBomb and Jehos, respectively). Rictus was on zark Day 1, rekard Day 2, and asbath Day 4, which helped push him to a tie with Ryvvn.

Anyone have any other analysis after this reveal?

I'm in 100% agreement with regards to Rictus. I'm not looking at his Day 2, so much as his Zark (Day 1) and then the vote against me on Day 4.


rekard wrote:At this moment I'm not thinking asbath is a wolf because a wolf would likely not have made the mistake of confusing Omega's seer declarations.

There is a difference between confusing a declaration, and reading it wrong entirely.

Wolves and humans can both suck at reading. Just setting the record straight. Gotta keep the mysticism alive, y'know.

User avatar
Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2456
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 18:24:17
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Mister E. Meat » 19 Sep 2016, 09:38:53

IMO Rictus tying up asbath to a tie with Ryvvn is an incredibly risky move for a wolf. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but since they're already in bad shape and Rictus wasn't getting much heat, it seems unlikely.

I think
#Vote for: blindsniper83
has some explaining to do for his votes though.
Last edited by Mister E. Meat on 19 Sep 2016, 14:55:00, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 524
Joined: 16 Feb 2016, 07:41:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Gungnir888 » 19 Sep 2016, 11:12:50

#Vote for: Ravebomb


I think the singleton votes from yesterday are most likely humans. The wolves are most likely to vote with the prevailing wind on Ryvyn to build cred, or pile on the first viable alternative to win a coin toss.

Ravebomb and Ryvyn did a pretty typical vote on each other for the first day. Ryvyn called out singleton votes on day two, very briefly mentioning RB before calling blind to task with a response on why he voted the way he did. Day 3 RB votes to rest after the discussion that the 10% reduction with a guaranteed extra night maul was not worth the tradeoff. RB throws the penultimate vote on asbath, giving Ryvyn the ability to vote tie.

That's an awful lot of circumstantial evidence.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby rekard » 19 Sep 2016, 12:03:58

Mister E. Meat wrote:Rekard, do you really think that I'd immediately follow the seer, jump on Ryvvn for not following the seer and trying to increase FUD, lobby hard over the weekend to try to get Ryvvn lynched all just as a long con? Yesterday literally came down to a coin flip for us which is risky as I am pretty sure that asbath is human.

I had the belief Ryvvn was the kind of player that could sacrifice ruthlessly a fellow wolf for the sake of his future credibility. But I wasn't really sure of it. I think I would never be since its a very high risk, high reward gambit. Or maybe it was the fear that if the coin flip killed neck, Ryvvn would be seen suspicious.


You're right that as a wolf, I have no problem throwing another wolf under the bus but it's far less likely that I'd draw attention to myself doing it. However, do you really think that the wolves would sacrifice necklessone via Ryvvn's play and then sacrifice Ryvvn via "my" play? That seems really dangerous.

At the end of the day, we're in good shape so if I'm a distraction, then go ahead and get rid of me but I'm telling you that it's a waste of a day and we're far better off trying to discern a pattern and especially trying to see if Ryvvn left us some clues in his BS.

Edit: Here are my reads - asbath, Jehos and jrsthethird feel human. Rekard I'm not sure about you. No one feels really wolfy to me at the moment which means that it's probably one of the people that has been quieter. Possibly one of the singletons.


Yep. I think you capable of doing that.
And that thing about you being a distraction is the exact emotional appeal that would be seen coming from a wolf.

User avatar
Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 75
Joined: 12 Sep 2016, 12:02:03
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Jehos » 19 Sep 2016, 13:18:22

rekard wrote:I'm thinking, why would Ryvvn switch on day 2 away from MEM? If MEM turned out to be a human, the blame would have been cast on jrs, asbath or Visigoth, not him. So for a wolf Ryvvn, a human MEM dying was perfect. But if he were a wolf MEM, having two wolves dying on days 1&2 would be very very bad.

I came to this same conclusion going back and looking at Ryvvn's history. The whole Ryvvn / MEM thing looked a little fishy a couple days ago, but then we had the fake seer results from Omega followed by the real seer results that outed Admetus.

I also wonder whether MEM found himself in a situation where going back to voting for Ryvvn was meant to allay suspicion, but backfired when a bandwagon formed early. It wasn't until 2 hours before EOD that Ravebomb's vote for asbath made it even look like there was a possible out. Obviously Ryvvn jumped on that to tie things up, but there wasn't a way for MEM to change his vote without huge suspicion at that point.

#Vote for: Mister E. Meat


Edit: That said, if MEM turns out to be human, I'm voting Rekard for more of that same fancy talking Ryvvn was doing.
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

User avatar
Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 524
Joined: 16 Feb 2016, 07:41:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Gungnir888 » 19 Sep 2016, 13:23:31

I've got:

MEM - 2 - rekard, jehos
blind - 1 - MEM
rave - 1 - gungnir

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Sep 2016, 13:26:04

#Vote for: Blindsniper
For the tie.

Because ...
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 689
Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 14:34:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Catasauqua, PA

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Jrsthethird » 19 Sep 2016, 13:39:01

double post
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 19 Sep 2016, 13:43:30, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 689
Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 14:34:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Catasauqua, PA

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Jrsthethird » 19 Sep 2016, 13:40:18

I'm not against the idea of MEM as a wolf, but I'm sticking to my initial suspicions at the start of the day for now.

#Vote for: Blindsniper
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 19 Sep 2016, 13:43:48, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 689
Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 14:34:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Catasauqua, PA

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Jrsthethird » 19 Sep 2016, 13:43:05

Gungnir888 wrote:I've got:

MEM - 2 - rekard, jehos
blind - 1 - MEM
rave - 1 - gungnir


Missed a penalty vote on Aldax:

Currently

Blind - 3 - MEM, RaveBomb, jrsthethird
MEM - 2 - rekard, Jehos
rave - 1 - gungnir
Aldax - 1 - penalty

User avatar
Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:32:16
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo León, México

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Aldax » 19 Sep 2016, 13:53:10

Should we be doing coin tosses at this point?
#Vote for: Blindsniper
, if only because MEM is way too obvious

(Sorry for missing the vote)
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

User avatar
asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 47
Joined: 12 Sep 2016, 12:16:44
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby asbath » 19 Sep 2016, 14:52:00

My gut now says MEM may be human. After many of us just about ran him over with the wagon I get a feeling that MEM was really defending himself from the lot of us.

Seeing Jrs and MEM focus on Blindsniper, I'm going to dog pile and add my number to this
#Vote for: Blindsniper83

User avatar
Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2456
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 18:24:17
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Mister E. Meat » 19 Sep 2016, 14:54:40

Jehos wrote:
rekard wrote:I'm thinking, why would Ryvvn switch on day 2 away from MEM? If MEM turned out to be a human, the blame would have been cast on jrs, asbath or Visigoth, not him. So for a wolf Ryvvn, a human MEM dying was perfect. But if he were a wolf MEM, having two wolves dying on days 1&2 would be very very bad.

I came to this same conclusion going back and looking at Ryvvn's history. The whole Ryvvn / MEM thing looked a little fishy a couple days ago, but then we had the fake seer results from Omega followed by the real seer results that outed Admetus.

I also wonder whether MEM found himself in a situation where going back to voting for Ryvvn was meant to allay suspicion, but backfired when a bandwagon formed early. It wasn't until 2 hours before EOD that Ravebomb's vote for asbath made it even look like there was a possible out. Obviously Ryvvn jumped on that to tie things up, but there wasn't a way for MEM to change his vote without huge suspicion at that point.

#Vote for: Mister E. Meat


Edit: That said, if MEM turns out to be human, I'm voting Rekard for more of that same fancy talking Ryvvn was doing.

Seriously? Reread what I posted this game. I've been pushing Ryvvn hard from the beginning of his nonsense doubting the seer. Yesterday I was the first voter on Ryvvn and pushed hard and we almost didn't get him lynched. Now if you want to claim, like rekard is claiming, that I'm some sort of crafty wolf throwing my brethren under the bus, that's one thing but don't claim that I was wishy-washy going after Ryvvn.

I called him out immediately Day 3 after gaslighting the seer results and note this was well before Omega revealed his ruse. I called him out again at the end of Day 3 for trying to get him to out our Vig and I brought up Dferr's critique as well.

The more I think about it though, the more I'm concerned about rekard. His voting has been poor. His not voting for Ryvvn is super suspicious and even stranger was his throwaway on Rictus instead when there was a chance that Ryvvn wouldn't get lynched. Based on that, I wonder if he and Ravebomb are both wolves and couldn't risk both pushing asbath. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no wolf votes on Ryvvn.

#Vote for: Ravebomb
for now but only because I worry that enough people have checked out to not get rekard instead.

What everyone should be realizing is that right now the wolves should be pretty nervous. While we don't know exactly how many there are, we've already eliminated 3 of them after only 4 completed days.

User avatar
Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 923
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 10:32:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Blindsniper83 » 19 Sep 2016, 15:11:56

blindsnipers terrible vote analysis
day 1 ryvvn
there was no real reasoning behind this other than to create a tie, as my standard day one vote target hasnt played in a bit ( simple simon for those who dont know)
day 2 Ravebomb i cant remember why i did this except its ravebomb
Day 3 Admentus, followed the seer reveal as admentus as wolf
day 4 i didn't like the feel of the insta wagon ryvvn had on him, tried to give an alternate, still thing there is a wolf somewhere in that vote, and thought Jehos was best wolfyness canidate

so there you have it, my terrible voting history, its 2 confirmed wolves and 2 unknowns, with how todays wagon is rolling towards me i suggest you look to Jehos when i die as human
#Vote for: Jehos
as my vote doesnt matter probably
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby rekard » 19 Sep 2016, 15:59:22

Mister E. Meat wrote:
Jehos wrote:
rekard wrote:I'm thinking, why would Ryvvn switch on day 2 away from MEM? If MEM turned out to be a human, the blame would have been cast on jrs, asbath or Visigoth, not him. So for a wolf Ryvvn, a human MEM dying was perfect. But if he were a wolf MEM, having two wolves dying on days 1&2 would be very very bad.

I came to this same conclusion going back and looking at Ryvvn's history. The whole Ryvvn / MEM thing looked a little fishy a couple days ago, but then we had the fake seer results from Omega followed by the real seer results that outed Admetus.

I also wonder whether MEM found himself in a situation where going back to voting for Ryvvn was meant to allay suspicion, but backfired when a bandwagon formed early. It wasn't until 2 hours before EOD that Ravebomb's vote for asbath made it even look like there was a possible out. Obviously Ryvvn jumped on that to tie things up, but there wasn't a way for MEM to change his vote without huge suspicion at that point.

#Vote for: Mister E. Meat


Edit: That said, if MEM turns out to be human, I'm voting Rekard for more of that same fancy talking Ryvvn was doing.

Seriously? Reread what I posted this game. I've been pushing Ryvvn hard from the beginning of his nonsense doubting the seer. Yesterday I was the first voter on Ryvvn and pushed hard and we almost didn't get him lynched. Now if you want to claim, like rekard is claiming, that I'm some sort of crafty wolf throwing my brethren under the bus, that's one thing but don't claim that I was wishy-washy going after Ryvvn.

I called him out immediately Day 3 after gaslighting the seer results and note this was well before Omega revealed his ruse. I called him out again at the end of Day 3 for trying to get him to out our Vig and I brought up Dferr's critique as well.

The more I think about it though, the more I'm concerned about rekard. His voting has been poor. His not voting for Ryvvn is super suspicious and even stranger was his throwaway on Rictus instead when there was a chance that Ryvvn wouldn't get lynched. Based on that, I wonder if he and Ravebomb are both wolves and couldn't risk both pushing asbath. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no wolf votes on Ryvvn.

#Vote for: Ravebomb
for now but only because I worry that enough people have checked out to not get rekard instead.

What everyone should be realizing is that right now the wolves should be pretty nervous. While we don't know exactly how many there are, we've already eliminated 3 of them after only 4 completed days.


What I hear from this and today's posts is :"I badgered a wolf all day, that makes me human. Believe me! Believe me!." I also doubted Ryvvn (before you did) and I admit that him making the decisive vote on neck made noise in my head. I would had never been too sure of him being a wolf.

And on day 1, you purposely avoided voting on the wagons where two of them is a wolf.

On day 2, Ryvvn's switch helped you survive.

On days 3 & 4, you conveniently started to go aggressively towards Ryvvn. Way more than everyone else.

And today you are trying to excessively bank on that situation while also making appeals to emotion:"If I'm a distraction, lynch me". I don't know. Those really wolfy behaviors of you on day 1 and 2 are just too noticeable.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby rekard » 19 Sep 2016, 16:03:17

asbath wrote:My gut now says MEM may be human. After many of us just about ran him over with the wagon I get a feeling that MEM was really defending himself from the lot of us.

Seeing Jrs and MEM focus on Blindsniper, I'm going to dog pile and add my number to this
#Vote for: Blindsniper83


I think it's part of playing with him before, but he excels at playing the victim when he's a wolf. I think he is less dramatic as a human. That's my current impression.

User avatar
Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 524
Joined: 16 Feb 2016, 07:41:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Gungnir888 » 19 Sep 2016, 17:06:54

I like mem more than sniper at this point, and it's clear we aren't grabbing rave today.

#Vote for: MEM

User avatar
Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 259
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:08:52

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Anzig » 19 Sep 2016, 17:38:09

For the moment, I've gotta think that ryvvn was looking for humans to accuse. The argument that ryvvn and MEM were holding a public wolf-on-wolf argument to make the other look human holds water, but to me it feels more like ryvvn was being the loud wolf to another's quiet wolf.

Our remaining unknown solo votes from day 1 are MEM and rekard, and there were two wolves that were getting voted up.
I think it's more likely that a quiet wolf would've wanted to be in on one of the two day 1 wolf wagons. Having both admetus and sniper vote back-to-back on ryvvn seems unlikely, but the again, the main target was another wolf.

Since I think MEM is a misdirect, I'm going for sniper for now. If he's human I think rekard deserves a serious looking into.

#Vote for: Blindsniper

User avatar
Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 689
Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 14:34:42
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Catasauqua, PA

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Jrsthethird » 19 Sep 2016, 17:42:17

I have

Blindsniper - 5 - RaveBomb, jrsthethird, Aldax, asbath, Anzig
MEM - 3 - rekard, Jehos, Gungnir
Aldax - 1 - penalty
Jehos - 1 - Blindsniper
RaveBomb - 1 - MEM

Missing - Rictus, sphenodont

Edited to reflect below comment.
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 19 Sep 2016, 17:57:41, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
Posts: 259
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 16:08:52

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Anzig » 19 Sep 2016, 17:45:32

MEM switched his vote to ravebomb.

User avatar
Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2456
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 18:24:17
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Mister E. Meat » 19 Sep 2016, 19:35:59

I really feel like Sniper is a mistake, even though I was pushing him earlier in the day. He's always hard to read but I'm just not seeing the logic in it other than some wasted singleton votes, none of which were important. I'll be happy to eat crow tomorrow if I'm wrong though.

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Rictus » 19 Sep 2016, 19:50:58

Voting this late in the day is always dangerous. I jump on the bandwagon, and I'm a wolf looking for cred. I make an off vote, and I"m a wolf wasting my vote. :?

All that being said, I don't think blindsniper is much of a wolf. I'm inclined to believe MEM is also human.


For tomorrow, I'd like to ask why
#Vote for: redacted gungnir888
hasn't came under scrutiny.
Last edited by Rictus on 19 Sep 2016, 19:54:45, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1393
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 07:27:01
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Rictus » 19 Sep 2016, 19:53:49

Bah, let's leave it up to shenanigans at EOD. Changing my vote to
#Vote for: Mister E. Meat
.
Charming, to the last.
.

User avatar
Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 923
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 10:32:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby Blindsniper83 » 19 Sep 2016, 20:21:36

Mister E. Meat wrote:I really feel like Sniper is a mistake, even though I was pushing him earlier in the day. He's always hard to read but I'm just not seeing the logic in it other than some wasted singleton votes, none of which were important. I'll be happy to eat crow tomorrow if I'm wrong though.

it was a black pheasant, it made the sound "CA CAW CA CAW"

fez you just fed us someones soul

errr wait wrong timeline
MeM, time to make with the soul eating

Anzig wrote:For the moment, I've gotta think that ryvvn was looking for humans to accuse. The argument that ryvvn and MEM were holding a public wolf-on-wolf argument to make the other look human holds water, but to me it feels more like ryvvn was being the loud wolf to another's quiet wolf.

Our remaining unknown solo votes from day 1 are MEM and rekard, and there were two wolves that were getting voted up.
I think it's more likely that a quiet wolf would've wanted to be in on one of the two day 1 wolf wagons. Having both admetus and sniper vote back-to-back on ryvvn seems unlikely, but the again, the main target was another wolf.

Since I think MEM is a misdirect, I'm going for sniper for now. If he's human I think rekard deserves a serious looking into.

#Vote for: Blindsniper

time to start looking at rekard


catch you on the flipside

human sniper out
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby rekard » 19 Sep 2016, 21:42:53

Rictus wrote:Voting this late in the day is always dangerous. I jump on the bandwagon, and I'm a wolf looking for cred. I make an off vote, and I"m a wolf wasting my vote. :?

All that being said, I don't think blindsniper is much of a wolf. I'm inclined to believe MEM is also human.


For tomorrow, I'd like to ask why
#Vote for: redacted gungnir888
hasn't came under scrutiny.


Wolfy vote alert! Wolfy vote alert! For someone that has been thinking of me as a possible wolf during this game it's kinda peculiar that you're now with me.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6322
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby rekard » 19 Sep 2016, 22:02:22

It seems that Blind has been decided upon. If he's a wolf I wonder how much more would the wolves go all in to kill each other.

At this moment, logic leads me to think MEM is a good possibility.

Though I would say, in case I did, look at Rictus's post today. That has classic wolf written all over it. I would say put oh this game Ryvvn would agree with me as he applied that type of post once as a wolf in a past game. Versus a human Rictus nonetheless! Anyways, let's see what happens now.

User avatar
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 784
Joined: 20 Mar 2016, 00:03:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 5: Snake River Crossing

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 19 Sep 2016, 22:08:51

Day 5 has ended.


Return to “Greenhorns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest