Ye Ole Saloon (witty banter and snarky comments)

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Re: Ye Ole Saloon (witty banter and snarky comments)

Postby Omega » 22 Sep 2016, 20:21:27

I wonder if Jehos realizes he just signed his own death warrant. He'll never be allowed to live until Final 4/LOL again!

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Sep 2016, 22:10:32

For those wondering, I locked the game threads on behalf of FCM, she's currently unavailable.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 22 Sep 2016, 22:46:47

That was so amazing. I need to take notes or something. Jehos had everyone picking him as most human.

Subject: Night 8: Amok Amok Amok!

Jehos wrote:*mic drop*

Jeez, heck yeah.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 22 Sep 2016, 23:53:37

I didn't see that ending coming either!

I'm really happy with how it turned out. The Sheriff thing wasn't perfect, but I thoroughly enjoyed that it ended up being a game changer.

... I just expected it to end up helping the humans.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 22 Sep 2016, 23:54:43

Admetus wrote:That was so amazing. I need to take notes or something. Jehos had everyone picking him as most human.

Subject: Night 8: Amok Amok Amok!

Jehos wrote:*mic drop*

Jeez, heck yeah.

My favorite moment.

That, and when I had my cats eat sphenodont.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Sep 2016, 23:57:37

I still don't entirely know how to open up all the forums once a game is over (is that anywhere in the GM guides?), so I'm just gonna go in and just set all the game forums to human/dead access until another Overlord can do what needs to properly be done.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Sep 2016, 00:01:19

Ryvvn wrote:I still don't entirely know how to open up all the forums once a game is over (is that anywhere in the GM guides?), so I'm just gonna go in and just set all the game forums to human/dead access until another Overlord can do what needs to properly be done.

All boards should be visible now and the dead should once again be able to post in the day.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 23 Sep 2016, 02:03:33

God, I feel dumb for overthinking this. We had it!

Good game FCM. Next time I won't talk my team into a hole at LOL.

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 23 Sep 2016, 05:16:34

DastardlyOldMan wrote:One last point - if dense fog replaces a maul, it's going to be incredibly easy for the vigilante to know when the dense fog is in effect (there's no GA, so the only thing a missed maul could possibly mean is Fog-Play). Not sure if that was the intention or not. Maybe it was intended to impact nighttime vig shots? We don't typically do those here, because daytime vig shots are so much more fun, and you get the bonus of confirming-as-human.

Either way, I don't see it as being of enough benefit to the wolves now that Omega's hanging out in here - skipping a maul to delay a vig shot isn't worthwhile.

For the record, this.

Fog was never really worth using. Blowing river crossing and dysentery right away was a good move because of the odds of killing more people than mauls could, but fog had too much risk for not enough reward. We were giving up a maul in the hopes that either the seer picked a wolf that night or the vig took a shot that day, and there's no way to force either of those.
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 23 Sep 2016, 05:28:55

Admetus wrote:It's really hard to read it without the benefit of dead vision, but I thought Jehos's post where he switched off of MEM was pretty human looking. On the down side, it is more high visibility, and might cause him to lose his out-of-sight-out-of-mind status with some of the remaining humans.

That was intentional. I was trying to slowly ramp up my visibility, I felt like it was just a little too low. I also didn't want to go full Ryvvn.
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 23 Sep 2016, 05:34:08

Rictus wrote:For everyone except Asbath, the endgame decision was “Who’s the most likely human” vs “Who’s the most likely wolf”, and they've already made that decision. The rest of today will just be mind games trying to influence Asbath.

This. The 2x vote + vig put the result in the hands of the sheriff. I must have rewritten my last post 5 times (and damn near gave away that I was a wolf by posting it too early, got lucky there!) knowing that the only thing I had to do was convince Asbath I was human.
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 23 Sep 2016, 05:42:37

Omega wrote:I wonder if Jehos realizes he just signed his own death warrant. He'll never be allowed to live until Final 4/LOL again!

Yeah I know.

Just remember, there's a roughly 75% chance I'm human in any given game, and I was working *really* hard to do all my day posting as a human. Missing day 1 was dumb luck on my part (emphasis on dumb, I got busy at work and flat forgot I'd signed up for this), but I tried to back up every one of my votes with solid analysis and letting that lead to a result, rather than starting with the result I wanted and working backwards. That's what led to the Ryvvn vote which scared the crap out of me to do, but it was the smart play. In retrospect I'm glad I did it, and I sat on using it as a defense until I absolutely had to. I lucked out that I was basically up against Jrs, whose voting history could be cast in a pretty poor light relative to mine.

Oh and for the record Asbath, Lucius Fox pulled out that "good luck" line because Bruce Wayne really is Batman. I couldn't help myself leaving just one clue, I was happy enough to make it to the end that I didn't care as much whether I won. ;)
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 23 Sep 2016, 05:42:55

Very dramatic ending, well played, Jehos!

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 23 Sep 2016, 08:58:35

I looked back at that good luck clue and realized I should've just kept my mouth shut and voted you.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 23 Sep 2016, 10:19:35

Jehos wrote:
Omega wrote:I wonder if Jehos realizes he just signed his own death warrant. He'll never be allowed to live until Final 4/LOL again!

Yeah I know.

Just remember, there's a roughly 75% chance I'm human in any given game, and I was working *really* hard to do all my day posting as a human. Missing day 1 was dumb luck on my part (emphasis on dumb, I got busy at work and flat forgot I'd signed up for this), but I tried to back up every one of my votes with solid analysis and letting that lead to a result, rather than starting with the result I wanted and working backwards. That's what led to the Ryvvn vote which scared the crap out of me to do, but it was the smart play. In retrospect I'm glad I did it, and I sat on using it as a defense until I absolutely had to. I lucked out that I was basically up against Jrs, whose voting history could be cast in a pretty poor light relative to mine.

Oh and for the record Asbath, Lucius Fox pulled out that "good luck" line because Bruce Wayne really is Batman. I couldn't help myself leaving just one clue, I was happy enough to make it to the end that I didn't care as much whether I won. ;)

But to be honest, the missed day 1 vote helped you more. I had even forgotten you were playing since day 1 had been pretty much important and you were not there.

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 23 Sep 2016, 10:31:02

Jehos wrote:That was intentional. I was trying to slowly ramp up my visibility, I felt like it was just a little too low. I also didn't want to go full Ryvvn.

The ramp up was perfect. I saw it and thought "he's a human that's getting more involved as the field narrows".

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Sep 2016, 10:32:08

Jehos wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:One last point - if dense fog replaces a maul, it's going to be incredibly easy for the vigilante to know when the dense fog is in effect (there's no GA, so the only thing a missed maul could possibly mean is Fog-Play). Not sure if that was the intention or not. Maybe it was intended to impact nighttime vig shots? We don't typically do those here, because daytime vig shots are so much more fun, and you get the bonus of confirming-as-human.

Either way, I don't see it as being of enough benefit to the wolves now that Omega's hanging out in here - skipping a maul to delay a vig shot isn't worthwhile.

For the record, this.

Fog was never really worth using. Blowing river crossing and dysentery right away was a good move because of the odds of killing more people than mauls could, but fog had too much risk for not enough reward. We were giving up a maul in the hopes that either the seer picked a wolf that night or the vig took a shot that day, and there's no way to force either of those.

Fog actually does not cost a maul, it replaces wolves regular maul target with whomever the seer peeks at, with the added benefit of killing the seer if they peek at a wolf and/or the vig if they shoot the next day. It was actually the least risk ability and I'm still annoyed we didn't consider it more strongly for night 2 like I had offhandedly suggested.

edit: though obviously fog became useless once omega got hit with the dysentery instead.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 23 Sep 2016, 11:28:00

Ryvvn wrote:
Jehos wrote:

For the record, this.

Fog actually does not cost a maul, it replaces wolves regular maul target with whomever the seer peeks at, with the added benefit of killing the seer if they peek at a wolf and/or the vig if they shoot the next day. It was actually the least risk ability and I'm still annoyed we didn't consider it more strongly for night 2 like I had offhandedly suggested.

edit: though obviously fog became useless once omega got hit with the dysentery instead.

I was just coming in to save this exact thing. It wastes the seer's ability that night by mauling there target. Plus, depending on the seer's choice, it might give the wolves a clue to who the seer is.

I should've had a back up for what happened if the seer was dead, but I also wasn't expecting the seer to be killed so early in the game.

Anzig
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Anzig » 23 Sep 2016, 11:42:33

It'd be fun if the seer-less fog made the lynch resolve differently.

Imagine if it's a coin flip between two lynch targets, then the fog comes, no maul and the next most popular person dies.
Did they do it to save a wolf? Or are they trying to manipulate the humans into lynching both targets before moving on?

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 23 Sep 2016, 11:56:32

Jehos wrote:

Yeah I know.

Crap now I have to go watch the movies again. Totally missed that clue

:slow_clap:

Well done Jehos, you completely fly under my radar. For a short while I suspected you as hairy evil dog person, but Jrs just seemed a bit too defensive at times, and I likened that to being more wolf than you. Well done, indeed.

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 23 Sep 2016, 12:05:59

asbath wrote:Well done Jehos, you completely fly under my radar. For a short while I suspected you as hairy evil dog person, but Jrs just seemed a bit too defensive at times, and I likened that to being more wolf than you. Well done, indeed.

By far the hardest part for me was staying quiet and letting people dig their own graves. When you put that vote on me I was 50/50 whether you were just trying to rattle cages, or if the game was up. I figured that was the right time to actually do a defensive post based on my voting history. It probably took me 20 minutes to write that short post, I seriously re-wrote every part of it multiple times because I wasn't intending to post defensively again after that.
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

asbath
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby asbath » 23 Sep 2016, 13:41:52

Jehos wrote:
asbath wrote:Well done Jehos, you completely fly under my radar. For a short while I suspected you as hairy evil dog person, but Jrs just seemed a bit too defensive at times, and I likened that to being more wolf than you. Well done, indeed.

By far the hardest part for me was staying quiet and letting people dig their own graves. When you put that vote on me I was 50/50 whether you were just trying to rattle cages, or if the game was up. I figured that was the right time to actually do a defensive post based on my voting history. It probably took me 20 minutes to write that short post, I seriously re-wrote every part of it multiple times because I wasn't intending to post defensively again after that.

Yeah, man, I took your opening "Ok..." as a sign of resignation, as in "well, if he doesn't lynch me, then the wolves are going to maul me"

Jehos
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Jehos » 23 Sep 2016, 14:05:26

asbath wrote:
Jehos wrote:

Yeah, man, I took your opening "Ok..." as a sign of resignation, as in "well, if he doesn't lynch me, then the wolves are going to maul me"

I think you'll find as you play this game more that the key to being good at a game based on lying is to not lie until you really really have to, then make it a whopper. :mrgreen:
DAMN YOU RICTUS!!!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 23 Sep 2016, 14:20:57

Jehos wrote:I think you'll find as you play this game more that the key to being good at a game based on lying is to not lie until you really really have to, then make it a whopper. :mrgreen:

Of course the problem remains that once you've gotten away with enough whoppers, people think you're lying all the time anyway. 8-)
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Sep 2016, 13:20:49

Ryvvn wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:I still don't entirely know how to open up all the forums once a game is over (is that anywhere in the GM guides?), so I'm just gonna go in and just set all the game forums to human/dead access until another Overlord can do what needs to properly be done.

All boards should be visible now and the dead should once again be able to post in the day.

Hopefully someone else has properly taken care of this by now.

Return to “You Have Died of Dysentery...or something else”