Day 5. The Demon

Gather up for dinner. Let's choose who dies.
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Day 5. The Demon

Postby rekard » 14 Nov 2016, 20:10:10

The Accountant sees that Aldax is refusing to even say anything. Calmly, the accountant says in a monotone manner: "Seems we have a badass over here". He takes a gun and shoots Aldx in the face.
"That always feels good".

Once the votes are in, he looks at Rictus and shoots him to the knee.
"Walk it off. Walk it off" The Accountant says with a little giggle.

"Next month, I'm looking to kill someone. You're running out of time. Who will get their dream?"
"The 13th. Be here". The man vanishes.

-------

A month later, only six of you are here now.
DastardlyOldMan has been seriously wounded and is limping around.
Catmother was announced dead in the news after the serial killer had made her play his game and she lost. The police are now in the search of a killer who got one of their own.
sphenodont was shot while getting breakfast and Admetus was shot to the head while doing his business in a public bathroom.

During dinner, everyone was now silent. The deaths took their toll in everyone's psyche. The Apartment seemed to have noticed as a demon came out of the door. An evil aberration, you had no doubt that it could be a proper avatar of the Apartment itself. No, actually no. You were wrong. The Apartment would look way worse. This demon had an evil contorted figure whose head was hidden by a hood. For your relief. He sat at the table.

Four words came from the darkness of the hood:
"Next time, someone wins".
You looked at each other. This would end. But who?
Your thoughts were interrupted by words that filled you with more dread.

"Who dies?"

Tally:

Rictus – 6 - San, Admetus, sphenodont, Fairy Catmother, Ryvvn, twdog
Admetus – 2 - dferrantino, Rictus
Twdog – 1 - Dastardlyoldman

Roles:

Aldax - Dead - Human - WOG

You are a Con Man.
Your power is:
Thrice per game, you can make a player vote for someone else. PM me

The last glimpse of Aldax:

Aldax thought he could cheat everything. He always got what he wanted. Everyone else was the fool, except him. He was his own man, his own thing and no one could tell him otherwise. Until he fell in love with a woman that wouldn't answer back. She knew how despicable he was, and Aldax knew that no matter what he did, she would see him as scum. The Apartment convinced him that it could make her fall in love with him. And as he was dying from the headshot, he realized that this time he was the fool and the Apartment had conned him into giving his soul. He would now go to hell and he would not be able to weasel out of it.

Admetus - Dead - Human - Nightkill
You are a teenager.
You have a Vigilante Night shot.

The last glimpse of Admetus:

You thought yourself king of the world. No one can understand what you could, that you were a grown man already and you had no need of anyone else. A loner? Nah, you could convince anyone to fall for you because you have the key to the world. Until the Apartment humbled you into knowing that you were more insignificant. The Apartment armed you with a gun, and gave you the chance to harness its power if you won the game. Obviously you would win it. So it was a surprise that you were shot while in the bathroom. Your last gasp was one of humiliation. When you opened your eyes again, you were the smallest person in the room. Absolutely weak and insignificant. Too late did you learn to be humble. Once the Apartment has your soul, what's the worth of humility?

sphenodont - Dead - Human - Night kill

You are a Murder Prosecutor.
Your power is:
Thrice per game.
Choose a player. His vote counts double.

The last glimpse of sphenodont:

You are justice. In and outside the court. When the court failed, you would personally engage in vigilante justice. If someone got away through a technicality, the would be dead sooner rather than later. You were skilled at your job. Well, your two jobs. With the two jobs together, you had a 100% conviction rate. Until the serial killer appeared. You were so close to get him and yet so far. He was always one step ahead of you. The Apartment showed you the killer would join the game. It would be your best moment of monumental justice. Finally! Every month you felt closer and closer. You were in the same room as him, but everyone felt the same and different. Then you died while getting breakfast. You felt yourself falling down and down to oblivion. Only to realize when you woke up that your justice meant nothing. You had fallen into a place where no one was just and you were puny. You could do no more justice. The Apartment made sure of that. Justice was the core, the soul of your life. And that had been taken away.

Fairy Catmother - Dead - Wolf - Psycho Kill
You are Agent Salt.
From the FBI. A wolf.
You have the power:
- You can manipulate a player's vote three times per game. You can either take a vote away from a player's count or add a vote to a player. PM me when you do that.

The last glimpse of Fairy Catmother:

Your career was your life. You were in the most secret of missions making the world go round and round. Recognized with your peers, every challenge was smaller and smaller. So uncovering and disassembling the Apartment was an intriguing challenge. You spent several months trying to see how to get in until one day the Apartment let you in with a lie. Your wish was to become the best agent in the world. The Apartment would help you do that. You thought you had fooled the Apartment, but the problem there is that you only had lied to yourself. It knew your ambitions, and it would let you become the best agent. As you fell to the game of the serial killer, you realized you were only a toy of the apartment. It still got your soul and what did you get? A humiliating death telling everyone that you didn't have what it took to keep in living. For you, death was hell itself.

DOM

You are a toy collector.
Your power is:
Choose a player. That player will get a vigilante shot.
After you do that, you'll have a vigilante shot of your own.

Rictus.
You are a doctor.

Your power is:
You have a Vigilante shot.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Day 5. The Demon

Postby rekard » 14 Nov 2016, 20:11:33

Lynch or Lose!

The Psycho killer is on the prowl! Two more deaths and he wins!

Buddies of the FBI are still alive! You are one day away from parity if two more humans die! (Two wolves left).

So well, this is interesting. Who will win?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Nov 2016, 20:16:09

#Vote for: Rictus
, why the lies?

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 14 Nov 2016, 20:37:48

I seered Ryvvn last night.

He is the psychopath.
Charming, to the last.

San
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby San » 14 Nov 2016, 20:53:47

#Vote for: twdog
is / was a wolf on Night 4.

ryvvn has / had a kill every night on Night 4. <-- San did not say vig shot like with the other players...
Last edited by San on 14 Nov 2016, 23:55:42, edited 2 times in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Nov 2016, 22:20:34

Rictus - 1 life - Vigilante
DOM - 1 life - Vigilante Spawner
San - 1 life - power seer (steal)

Ryvvn - 2 lives - ??
twdog - 2 lives - ??
dferrantino - 2 lives - (vigilante?)

Blindsniper83 - Dead/Human - power absorption
JrstheThird - Dead/Human - GA
Gungnir - Dead/Human - Seer
Aldax - Dead/Human - 3x vote manipulation (move)
sphenodont - Dead/Human - 3x vote doubler
Fairy Catmother - Dead/Wolf - 3x vote manipulation (plus/minus)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Nov 2016, 22:32:58

That should be what we are looking at, two wolves out of the remaining six players with one psycho counting for human parity.

I'm not sure how Rictus is still claiming seer when his role reveal clearly states vigilante?

I'm also not sure how San's "is/was; has/had" result post is meant to be interpreted, but I did have a kill night 4 because DOM gave me a vig shot (I used it on sphenodont for full disclosure).

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Nov 2016, 04:05:07

Ryvvn wrote:I'm not sure how Rictus is still claiming seer when his role reveal clearly states vigilante?

I mean, in a game where this is going on, you're really asking that question?

Jrsthethird - Human - Dead - Psycho Kill.
You are the Newscaster of Channel 9 and the Guardian Angel
Once per day, you can PM me a target to protect that player's second life. You can't protect yourself. If you save someone, your GA power will run out.
This role won't be revealed when you lose your first life.
You have another power that will be revealed when you lose your first life. Twice per game, you can switch two players and any power directed at them will be switched.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Nov 2016, 04:07:02

#Vote for: twdog
Last edited by dferrantino on 15 Nov 2016, 13:52:07, edited 1 time in total.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 15 Nov 2016, 05:14:39

So minimum three kills tonight:

Lynch, maul, and psycho.

Plus any vigs.

Ryvnn wins if he gets to the final four.

rekard: is a human win possible if Ryvvn wins?. Is that a personal win condition or "he wins, we lose"?
Charming, to the last.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Nov 2016, 06:15:01

Pretty much.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Nov 2016, 07:09:03

Rictus wrote:So minimum three kills tonight:

Lynch, maul, and psycho.

Plus any vigs.

Ryvnn wins if he gets to the final four.

rekard: is a human win possible if Ryvvn wins?. Is that a personal win condition or "he wins, we lose"?

Was thinking about that this morning. Looks like the only way we have a chance to win is if we still have any Vigs outstanding? I never rescinded my vig on Admetus, so as far as I know I'm spent. If Admetus's shot was what killed sphenodont last night, then we have one or two more vigs outstanding (whoever DOM gave the bullet to--hopefully not Ryvvn--and Rictus).

With 2 wolves in 6 players left and 3 guaranteed deaths tonight, we need both Ryvvn and a Wolf to die. The Wolves need Ryvvn to die. Ryvvn only dies if he gets hit twice. twdog is exposed, but he also needs 2 shots to die so we can't kill both him and Ryvvn with 1 vig. As far as I can tell, the only ways any of this happens are:
Ryvvn lynched, Ryvvn mauled, Wolf vigged
Wolf lynched, Ryvvn mauled, Ryvvn vigged

Unfortunately, the only people we can kill with one shot tonight are DOM (mauled last night), San (seer) and Rictus (a Vig and a Seer???), so unless one of them is a deep cover wolf we're boned.

If we have 2 vigs among the humans, then we still have a chance. Both Ryvvn and twdog have to die tonight.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Nov 2016, 07:18:26

So yeah, a lot of assumptions just to give us a fighting chance. If we take Ryvvn at his word that DOM gave him the night kill (and DOM, we need you to confirm or deny this) then Rictus is our only hope.

Unfortunately he's the most likely wolf in that group, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good game everyone.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Nov 2016, 10:17:12

dferrantino wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:I'm not sure how Rictus is still claiming seer when his role reveal clearly states vigilante?

I mean, in a game where this is going on, you're really asking that question?

Jrsthethird - Human - Dead - Psycho Kill.
You are the Newscaster of Channel 9 and the Guardian Angel
Once per day, you can PM me a target to protect that player's second life. You can't protect yourself. If you save someone, your GA power will run out.
This role won't be revealed when you lose your first life.
You have another power that will be revealed when you lose your first life. Twice per game, you can switch two players and any power directed at them will be switched.

Yes, I am, because that is the only role stated to have had a cover power reveal; also, the other seers have been revealed as such without a cover power.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 15 Nov 2016, 12:02:35

So I put it all out on paper, and it's about as bad as dferrantino said.

If we lynch anyone besides Ryvvn, he will win.

If the wolves maul anyone besides Ryvvn, he will win.

#Vote for: Ryvvn

Dferrantino: I don't have a vig shot.
Charming, to the last.

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 15 Nov 2016, 13:24:59

From the last game aftermath:

Ryvvn wrote:Jrs, there were means to work out deals day one even without the mask account: one wolf could have come forward as an alpha and proposed a deal of mutual trust and lynch/maul tradeoff with the stipulation that should the humans betray this deal or lynch the alpha before the conversion faction were dealt with then the wolves would no longer vote extend and throw the game; other than that, any player could have expressed the idea of the lynch/maul tradeoff in the day one thread without it being clear what team they were speaking from, just that it would have been a viable option.

And this is where we find ourselves again. I guess rekard does have a sense of humor after all.

----

I'm here to make a deal.

I will promise that I'll maul ryvvn if everyones votes to lynch him today. I do mean everyone votes to lynch him; I want this to be a huge bandwagon. If any of you vote on anyone besides ryvvn, I'll maul someone else. The only exceptions I'll make are for ryvvn (because no one votes for themselves) and san (because san never changes his vote) but everyone else must vote for ryvvn.

you can all deal with me tomorrow, but today we're taking out ryvvn

#Vote for: ryvvn
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Nov 2016, 13:44:57

twdog wrote:From the last game aftermath:

Ryvvn wrote:Jrs, there were means to work out deals day one even without the mask account: one wolf could have come forward as an alpha and proposed a deal of mutual trust and lynch/maul tradeoff with the stipulation that should the humans betray this deal or lynch the alpha before the conversion faction were dealt with then the wolves would no longer vote extend and throw the game; other than that, any player could have expressed the idea of the lynch/maul tradeoff in the day one thread without it being clear what team they were speaking from, just that it would have been a viable option.

And this is where we find ourselves again. I guess rekard does have a sense of humor after all.

----

I'm here to make a deal.

I will promise that I'll maul ryvvn if everyones votes to lynch him today. I do mean everyone votes to lynch him; I want this to be a huge bandwagon. If any of you vote on anyone besides ryvvn, I'll maul someone else. The only exceptions I'll make are for ryvvn (because no one votes for themselves) and san (because san never changes his vote) but everyone else must vote for ryvvn.

you can all deal with me tomorrow, but today we're taking out ryvvn

#Vote for: ryvvn

While I'm all for offing Ryvvn and will gladly do it at any given opportunity, you're really not giving us a whole lot to work with. If we do this, we're now at parity with you guys and lose anyway. A deal of mutual trust also has to have mutual benefit. Right now, the only benefit for us is "Ryvvn loses."

twdog

Postby twdog » 15 Nov 2016, 13:45:57

do you have a counteroffer?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Nov 2016, 13:47:28

Actually, disregard that. I'm bad at math, apparently. If we do this (assuming there's not a vig hiding on the wolf team), only Ryvvn dies and we're down to 2/5 tomorrow.

rekard: if Ryvvn the hypothetical Psycho Killer is killed tonight via lynch+maul, does he still get his nightkill?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Nov 2016, 14:10:52

Proposal: wolves, I'll block vote with you and give you a 50/50 chance of winning the game today! ;)

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Nov 2016, 14:19:36

Confirm that I gave my shot to
yesterday. I still have my shot (and I confirmed that vig goes before maul in the grand order of operational things). I was blocked from using that shot on twdog last night, so the power blocker is most likely on the wolf side of things (given that it doesn't make sense to power-block a confirmed human).

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Nov 2016, 17:20:53

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Nov 2016, 17:32:49

Ryvvn wrote:Proposal: wolves, I'll block vote with you and give you a 50/50 chance of winning the game today! ;)

Have been working while everything was going down today, obviously not paying full attention, since the wolves are killing a human either way... but, I do get my shot tonight even if you do all kill me, so now, who should I shoot?

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 15 Nov 2016, 17:39:08

So theoretically we are looking at FIVE deaths tonight.

Lynch. Maul. DOMs vig. Ryvvn's vig and kill.

I think there is a real chance of multiple people targeting the same players, so it will be interesting on how this turns out.
Charming, to the last.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Nov 2016, 18:45:08

Since I clearly can't win...

Twdog, as the outed wolf, anyone in particular you'd like me to shoot tonight?

twdog

Postby twdog » 15 Nov 2016, 18:52:44

san

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Nov 2016, 18:57:46

twdog wrote:san

You got it.

I'd rather serve the wolves in hell than be a dead psychopath in heaven or something clever like that.

Return to “The Dinner Table”