Day 7. The Angel

Gather up for dinner. Let's choose who dies.
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Day 7. The Angel

Postby rekard » 16 Nov 2016, 20:34:39

"Unanimous Choice! A cop dies today!" The kid said . He runs to twdog and swiftly slashes his throat.
"Long live me! Remember guys. The 17th, next month! I actually had fun this time killing someone".

The kid runs and leaves the room. twdog was dead with all his blood making a huge pool on the floor. Nobody bothered to pick up his body.
One month passes by, and now, you are only 3. Rictus, San and dferrantino.

DastardlyOldMan had been shot dead "accidentally" during a bank assault.

A guy in a white suit and wings comes to the table. "This will end for some of you. So tell me. Who will die?"

Tally:
Unanimous vote for twdog .

Roles:

Twdog
You are Carlito.
From the FBI. A Wolf.
You have the power:
- You can block a power each day. You can only block the same player's power once per game

The last glimpse of twdog:

Twdog, you had a good life as a cop. You went through several departments. You ended up in the Supernatural Investigations section of the FBI. This would be the pinnacle of your career. You were so close. So close. Life would have been great. You would retire and become a celebrity. Your ultimate dream would be achieved. The nightmares from being undercover would end for once out of the force. As you bleed out, you realize one thing: The Apartment had used you. All those dreams would be given by the apartment in the end. All this time along, you were only a puppet, now just a soulless puppet property of the Apartment.

DOM

You are a toy collector. You are human.
Your power is:
Choose a player. That player will get a vigilante shot.
After you do that, you'll have a vigilante shot of your own.

Toys, toys, toys. This is your life but it's a neverending hobby. Every year there is a new toy to collect to your dismay. It's both great but also a source of great anxiety. And your money is not eternal. Until now, you not only bought, but also stole, cheated. bribed and even killed to get the ultimate collector toys. The Apartment would put that to the end and give you infinite access to anything you would want. You would be able to make the Toy House of your dreams. But as you die, you understand. For the apartment, you are only someone to toy with. Your soul is now part of the toy collection of the Apartment.

Last day! Day ends at 10 PM ET.

San
Post Whore
Post Whore

Re: Day 7. The Angel

Postby San » 16 Nov 2016, 21:46:22

#Vote for: Rictus

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Rictus » 17 Nov 2016, 04:13:11

Uhh.. Nope.

#Vote for: San
Charming, to the last.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 06:59:49

That's...interesting.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 08:42:17

So I told myself yesterday while I was writing up my breakdown that if San didn't die to the maul, he was probably the wolf. But that's exactly the type of thing wolf-Rictus could take advantage of.

If I'm wolf-Rictus, I need a last-ditch effort to save my own ass, because with 2 confirmed humans still left I'm fucked. The obvious answer is to kill one of them and convince the other that dferr is a wolf. Question then is, who's the easiest to convince and who's the easiest to turn them against? San's going to make his vote early and never coming back to change it, so he's gotta die. dferr already outright said he's not voting for DOM, DOM can probably be convinced to vote for dferr. Do I think it's easier to do that, or to maul DOM and try to convince dferr that San's a wolf? That, to me, doesn't make sense.

If I'm wolf-San, it gets complicated. DOM and I are confirmed, so the obvious path is to maul dferr or Rictus and let DOM do my dirty work. Problem is, that's too obvious. dferr-DOM-San probably gets me lynched, DOM would ask why the hell dferr would leave 2 confirmed humans alive, dferr knows DOM was mauled earlier in the game. Rictus-DOM-San I run into the same issue with DOM, and given Rictus's rant yesterday he's probably going to vote for me. So I have to maul DOM and hope dferr stays convinced that I'm human.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 08:44:08

But there's also the question of whether or not Rictus already did this thought experiment and figured I'd overanalyze my way into voting for San.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 08:44:34

Which, to be fair, is a pretty good assumption.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 09:42:52

San

You are a photographer.
Your power is:
Choose a target each day. I'll tell you the player's power.
When you do your power on day 3, you'll copy that player's power that day.

San, Day 4 wrote:dferrantino has / had a vig shot on night 2

Rictus has / had a vig shot on night 1

Checks out, though he doesn't give us anything for Day 3.

San, Day 5 wrote:#Vote for: twdog is / was a wolf on Night 4.

ryvvn has / had a kill every night on Night 4. <-- San did not say vig shot like with the other players...

The twdog vision makes sense if he used Night 3 to steal Gungnir's power, and the night 4 vision jives with his original role.

No visions beyond that, why?

Also twdog told Ryvvn to shoot San on night 5, which would have killed him and left twdog by himself, exposed but presumably with 2 lives. If Rictus is the other wolf, then that wins them the game immediately (2 lives or not, they're at parity except for my second life). That said, if the wolves already knew that Ryvvn wouldn't get his kill then that doesn't mean anything. Since rekard never answered me when I asked, I'm going to assume that he didn't tell the wolves either.

rekard, if it turns out you answered the wolves but not me and this ends up costing the humans the game, I'm going to be super pissed off.
Last edited by dferrantino on 17 Nov 2016, 09:50:46, edited 4 times in total.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 09:43:28

#Vote for: Rictus

e: Note, I am not locking this.
Last edited by dferrantino on 17 Nov 2016, 09:57:01, edited 1 time in total.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 09:56:52

How does Rictus know this though, before San says anything:

Rictus wrote:I seered Ryvvn last night.

He is the psychopath.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 17 Nov 2016, 10:08:30

You mean this question?

rekard: if Ryvvn the hypothetical Psycho Killer is killed tonight via lynch+maul, does he still get his nightkill?

I didn't see it but the cycle says it all.
The cycle is Lynch -> Nightkill -> Maul.

So the answer is yes.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 17 Nov 2016, 16:11:04

(back from work)

The fact that you didn't lock your vote tells me I made the right choice voting for San. A wolf-dferr would have immediately locked once they saw San voting for me.

I went back on Day 6 when Ryvvn and twdog were scheming, trying to see if their choices could give a clue.

Why did the wolves maul Ryvvn? I originally thought Ryvvn would immediately win if he didn't die. Final 4, he wins. BUT I realized last night that the wolves could have voted "no maul", or mauled you (the only one w 2 lives). That would have kept Ryvvn from winning, because we would be at FIVE players. plus Ryvvn would be around to draw the lynch for another day AND for another psycho kill the next night.

Assuming San is as quiet in the night thread as the day thread, I could see twdog just playing it fast and loose after Catmother was lynched.
Charming, to the last.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 18:36:28

rekard wrote:You mean this question?

rekard: if Ryvvn the hypothetical Psycho Killer is killed tonight via lynch+maul, does he still get his nightkill?

So the answer is yes.

So either he decided to shoot twdog instead and DOM didn't take his, or one of them was blocked.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Nov 2016, 18:38:12

Rictus wrote:(back from work)

The fact that you didn't lock your vote tells me I made the right choice voting for San. A wolf-dferr would have immediately locked once they saw San voting for me.

I went back on Day 6 when Ryvvn and twdog were scheming, trying to see if their choices could give a clue.

Why did the wolves maul Ryvvn? I originally thought Ryvvn would immediately win if he didn't die. Final 4, he wins. BUT I realized last night that the wolves could have voted "no maul", or mauled you (the only one w 2 lives). That would have kept Ryvvn from winning, because we would be at FIVE players. plus Ryvvn would be around to draw the lynch for another day AND for another psycho kill the next night.

Assuming San is as quiet in the night thread as the day thread, I could see twdog just playing it fast and loose after Catmother was lynched.

Convince me that your role isn't what was revealed by the GM.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 17 Nov 2016, 19:02:25

Dferrantino I've posted my seer results EVERY night. I outed Ryvvn. I can't make anything up.
Charming, to the last.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 17 Nov 2016, 19:03:46

dferrantino wrote:
rekard wrote:You mean this question?

So the answer is yes.

So either he decided to shoot twdog instead and DOM didn't take his, or one of them was blocked.

I think you are doing a disservice to DOM with that. But I do think it's entirely possible that one was blocked. Edit: but why would twdog block Ryvvn if San was human?
Charming, to the last.

Return to “The Dinner Table”