Day Three: A Poke in the (All-Seeing) Eye

The perfect place to re-enact the great Monster Massacre!
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Day Three: A Poke in the (All-Seeing) Eye

Postby Okaros » 07 Dec 2016, 20:11:37

Admetus gathered up the voting slips and tallied them up.

"A tie?!? What the heck? Can't we make an actual decision around here?"

She snips open a portal with her dimensional scissors, then begins pointing her wand back and forth between Rictus and RaveBomb.

"Eenie, meanie, meinie, SUPER GEYSER WINDSTORM".

A wall of water rises from nowhere and, accompanied by a fierce blast of wind manages to knock Rictus off his feet and sweep him into the portal. His inhuman screams of terror as he's carried away confirm that he's definitely not human.

While everyone is busy taking cover from the wind and water, somebody manages to sneakily shove Visigoth into the path of the tidal wave. With a yelp of surprise and fear he gets swept into the portal as well.

After the wind settles down and the water has cleared, you notice a field of four-leaf clovers growing in. Odd. Then a dozen black cats all emerge from hiding places scattered about the park. Looks like someone's tampering with luck in the Park!
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day Three: A Poke in the (All-Seeing) Eye

Postby Okaros » 07 Dec 2016, 20:13:58

The GM says this:

Rictus - lynched - Wolf - lost the coinflip
Visigoth - mauled - Human

Ludo has used Curse/Bless.

Final Vote Tally:
RaveBomb : 4 : Gungnir888, Jrsthethird, The Fairy Catmother, Rictus
Rictus : 4 : dferrantino, Ryvvn, Visigoth, Admetus
Jrsthethird : 2 : San, San's Extra Vote
dferrantino : 1 : RaveBomb

No vote recorded (1) : rekard

rekard will have a penalty vote today. If rekard was Ludo, a legal spell and target were randomly selected for him last night.

[+] Vote History
San voted for Jrsthethird
San's Extra Vote voted for Jrsthethird
RaveBomb voted for dferrantino
Gungnir888 voted for RaveBomb
dferrantino voted for Rictus
Rictus voted for Ryvvn (Retracted)
Ryvvn voted for Rictus
Jrsthethird voted for RaveBomb
The Fairy Catmother voted for rekard (Retracted)
Visigoth voted for Rictus
Admetus voted for Rictus
The Fairy Catmother voted for RaveBomb
Rictus voted for RaveBomb

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 07 Dec 2016, 22:08:53

Well FCM and I look real shitty now for both voting against Rictus. I only tied it to push two wagons above myself, but once Rictus had a 4-2 lead, she came in and placed a vote so that Rictus could tie it.

Ravebomb is probably human, since I don't think both wolves would have placed distracting votes on the same person Day 1.

Ryvvn called out Rictus pretty solidly yesterday; I don't think he would have done that if he were a wolf.

My best assumption so far is to
#Vote for: FCM
She pushed DOM ahead Day 1 before being jailed; Day 2 voted rekard when 4 other options were previously offered, and then made the vote that allowed Rictus to make it a coin flip when her relatively late singleton was doing nothing. She's not Ludo, but she could still be wolf.
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 08 Dec 2016, 19:24:17, edited 1 time in total.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 07 Dec 2016, 23:44:01

I agree my vote looks bad, but it would have been a horribly obvious play - "Hey FCM, go switch your vote so I can follow you and have a 50-50 shot of either surviving or dying and exposing you at the same time."
Without getting too deep into a WIFOM situation, the more likely thing (and the truth in this case), is that I created an unfortunately convenient opportunity for a wolf to make a defense vote and nearly get away.

Like I said yesterday, I didn't really have a strong feeling that either Ravebomb or rictus were wolves, so I was more curious to find out about Day 1's singleton voter.
I switched my vote later because it was doing absolutely nothing sitting there on rekard all by itself.

I'd bet that there is a wolf on RaveBomb, but it's not me.
Looking at the voting history, I think it would make a lot of sense if JRS was a wolf. If he is, he knew that san's vote would count for double. When he voted for RaveBomb, that brought it to a three-way tie between himself, rictus, and RaveBomb.

#Vote for: JRSthethird

San
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby San » 08 Dec 2016, 00:25:35

#Vote for: The Fairy Catmother

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 00:44:39

No ties today, everybody. I mean, you can tie a little bit, but the final tally should be pretty clear. Otherwise I'll MAKE it clear. Clear?

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 08 Dec 2016, 06:03:54

Did anybody look at the vote history?

I'm not going to make assumptions on whether Ludo would give this to a human or wolf first, but I don't want the group to miss this while debating today.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 08 Dec 2016, 06:13:03

Gungnir888 wrote:Did anybody look at the vote history?

I'm not going to make assumptions on whether Ludo would give this to a human or wolf first, but I don't want the group to miss this while debating today.

Why San, though? Even if he's a wolf it doesn't make sense.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 08 Dec 2016, 06:15:10

The Fairy Catmother wrote:I agree my vote looks bad, but it would have been a horribly obvious play - "Hey FCM, go switch your vote so I can follow you and have a 50-50 shot of either surviving or dying and exposing you at the same time."
Without getting too deep into a WIFOM situation, the more likely thing (and the truth in this case), is that I created an unfortunately convenient opportunity for a wolf to make a defense vote and nearly get away.

Agreed.

#Vote for: jrsthethird

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Dec 2016, 09:55:56

dferrantino wrote:

Probably because a spell on san gives the human very little information.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 08 Dec 2016, 10:05:26

The Fairy Catmother wrote:
dferrantino wrote:

Probably because a spell on san gives the human very little information.

But, like...why use it at all in that case? Would have made a lot more sense to just not use it at all and make it look like you're Ludo.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 10:19:20

Not sure what you mean "and make it look like you're Ludo." What am I missing? -edit- Oh I'm forgetting that was the day FCM was in the jail.

They had to call for the spell to use on San the day before. It's hard to tell what the motivation would be, but it apparently didn't work in their favor.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 10:22:00

Admetus wrote:Not sure what you mean "and make it look like you're Ludo." What am I missing? -edit- Oh I'm forgetting that was the day FCM was in the jail.

They had to call for the spell to use on San the day before. It's hard to tell what the motivation would be, but it apparently didn't work in their favor.

Also there's this rule:
Ludo may not use the same power twice in a row

So he needed to reset Illusion, which means he can't take that night off. (This would be in case I didn't cast Seer for some reason.)

-edit-
And there's the further possibility that FCM is a wolf, so making her look like Ludo would not be a desired outcome.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 08 Dec 2016, 10:51:57

Admetus wrote:
Admetus wrote:Not sure what you mean "and make it look like you're Ludo." What am I missing? -edit- Oh I'm forgetting that was the day FCM was in the jail.

Also there's this rule:
Ludo may not use the same power twice in a row

So he needed to reset Illusion, which means he can't take that night off. (This would be in case I didn't cast Seer for some reason.)

I'd assume that skipping a day counts as "not twice in a row" but you're right, that is a potential reading of the rules. Wonder if Okaros is willing to clarify or if that'd be too much info...

And there's the further possibility that FCM is a wolf, so making her look like Ludo would not be a desired outcome.

That, on the other hand, is an interesting thought...But still, why San? Literally anyone else would have been more useful, even as just a distraction.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 08 Dec 2016, 10:52:58

I keep typing theories about it and deleting them. Apparently "special does something totally useless" is my trigger.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 11:39:19

So Ludo used Illusion night zero, affecting day one seering; Buff night one, affecting San's day two vote; and now Curse/Bless night two, affecting potential ties today.

Seems strange to use Illusion night zero when the odds are just in your favor against a wolf being seered; it actually works in favor for Star because it openly tells her, "hey, don't bother wasting a seer when the roster is full, do something more useful and seer later!"

Had I been Ludo, I would have opened with Curse/Bless due to the nature of very common day one multi-tied wagons.

So that's already a questionable choice made in my opinion.

Then, using Buff and seemingly randomly selecting San is (intentionally?) confusing.

And, finally using Curse/Bless for today, why, is Ludo expecting a possible tie?

Ludo's Rules wrote:Each night, Ludo MAY use one of the following powers. The spell that was cast will be announced in the morning, but not the target.
<snip>
Ludo may not use the same power twice in a row, and may not Illusion a particular player more than once.

(emphasis mine)

Ludo doesn't have to use a power, so why bother using the buff on a seemingly random selection?

Also, it seems clear to me that Ludo just cannot repeat spells on back-to-back nights, so Ludo could have Illusioned -> Buff or C/B -> Illusioned.

Was the night zero Illusion used on a player who is an extremely high day one seer risk?

To me it feels like whoever is playing Ludo is not making best use of their spells, and I'm looking at players who would fit that.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 11:44:48

Player Roster has not been updated, and I like to stare at a clean list of names:

Living:
Admetus (human - Star)
The Fairy Catmother (? - not Ludo)
Jrsthethird
Ryvvn
rekard
Gungnir888
dferrantino
RaveBomb
San

Sent to another dimension:
DastardlyOldMan (human)
sphenodont (human)
Rictus (wolf)
Visigoth (human)

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 08 Dec 2016, 11:49:02

I am back. I was really busy yesterday and well there was a party to a degree that I didn't even check my phone for hours. It was that good.

Now, my vote has power. In this sorry of democracy - tyranny by the jerk of Admetus I must decide who must die.

Jrs The Fourth! Fairy Catdaughter! I am so sorry. I really am. But one of you will be an orphan today. I have to decide who. But how?

Wait a minute. Catmother voted for me yesterday! There's a tab and I have come to cash out.

#Vote for: Fairy Catmother

The debt is settled.
Valar Morgulis.
Wait, Catmother is a woman. So the phrase doesn't make sense. Wasn't there a phrase in Bravoosi that says like "Everyone must die"? Hmm. Oh well. You all know what I mean. I think.

Jrs, tell me. What makes you a goody two shoes in service of the tyrant half wanded princess(aka human)?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Dec 2016, 12:03:42

dferrantino wrote:I'd assume that skipping a day counts as "not twice in a row" but you're right, that is a potential reading of the rules. Wonder if Okaros is willing to clarify or if that'd be too much info...

The GM says this:

You should read those restrictions (for both Star and Ludo) as being "not two days in a row".

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Dec 2016, 12:16:46

Ryvvn wrote:To me it feels like whoever is playing Ludo is not making best use of their spells, and I'm looking at players who would fit that.

I completely agree. I was thinking the same thing. Which is why I'm looking at JRS. It may be unfair because I have more information than others do because we're friends in real life...but in post game discussions, he has been confused by special rules/formats a few times as he adjusts to playing this game in a forum setting.

(As another player who has also only been here for a handful of games, I understand that I also fit this description.)

Or Ludo could be a very devious player who is just trying to throw us off.

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 08 Dec 2016, 12:43:38

Rekard has been acting decidedly un-rekardly this game.

I'm leaning more towards FCM, but if we wind up with a tie vote, we lose that roll.

#Vote for: jrs
Last edited by Gungnir888 on 08 Dec 2016, 12:54:16, edited 1 time in total.

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 08 Dec 2016, 12:54:04

... and then I promptly miscount and create a tie.

Fixing:

#Vote for: FCM

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 08 Dec 2016, 13:41:29

These rules are relatively simple, and it's not my first rodeo anymore. Try again!

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 08 Dec 2016, 13:43:34

Gungnir888 wrote:Rekard has been acting decidedly un-rekardly this game.

I'm leaning more towards FCM, but if we wind up with a tie vote, we lose that roll.

We only lose if the target is involved in such tie. This means Ludo would have to haves picked either me or her.

Gungnir888
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Gungnir888 » 08 Dec 2016, 13:53:20

Jrsthethird wrote:

We only lose if the target is involved in such tie. This means Ludo would have to haves picked either me or her.

If there is a wolf and a human up for a tie on day 2, the likely hiding places for wolves are on the second, third, and 4th vote on the human. We know the 4th vote was a wolf, and they were eliminated through chance. It wouldn't be a stretch for Ludo to guesstimate that attention today would turn to the people putting Ravebomb into contention.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 08 Dec 2016, 14:04:37

Ah, I see what you meant. Makes sense.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 08 Dec 2016, 14:53:29

Unrekardly sir? I am offended. The Rekard lives by his own code of being pretty awesome and vindictive. You still have much to learn about the Rekardian way of life kimosabi.

Good night
Mr. Let's-cast-suspicion-on-San-to-distract-people-from-voting -on-my-wolf-buddy-although-I-failed-astoundingly. Probably. Maybe.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 15:17:09

Current Tally
FCM - 4 - Jrs, San, rekard, Gungnir
Jrs - 3 - Admetus, dferr, Ryvvn

Yet to Vote: FCM, RaveBomb

edited for my vote below

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 15:20:35

FCM will obviously vote Jrs, and I don't want to give Ravebomb the chance to just claim his vote would be useless and throw it away or just slide on to FCM without thought, so I'm going to
#Vote for: Jrsthethird

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Dec 2016, 16:00:07

Your tally is missing rekard's penalty vote, Ryvvn.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 16:28:05

I haven't voted for anyone yet, Ryvvn.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Dec 2016, 16:40:20

Admetus wrote:I haven't voted for anyone yet, Ryvvn.

This is also true.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 17:03:11

Okaros wrote:
Admetus wrote:I haven't voted for anyone yet, Ryvvn.

This is also true.

Wow, poor skimming on my part!

edit: I see where I screwed up, I counted FCM's early post as you for some reason.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 17:04:57

Current Tally
FCM - 4 - Jrs, San, rekard, Gungnir
Jrs - 2 - FCM, dferr, Ryvvn
rekard - 2 - Penalty, Ryvvn

Yet to Vote: RaveBomb, Admetus

edited for my vote change below

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 17:12:31

With the tally corrected, I'd actually rather push
#Vote for: rekard

But I'd switch back to Jrs if Admetus feels he's a better choice today, and if Rave placed his vote there as well.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Dec 2016, 18:00:05

I'm a little surprised at how far ahead I am. If I'm lynched, look for a wolf among those who voted for me (I'd start with JRS).

Admetus hasn't used a power today yet- he could seer me.
I'll probably end up mauled then, but at least we'd avoid a wasted lynch.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 18:04:48

I could support a rekard vote. That's a bit of a novelty, voting on a penalized person.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 18:05:20

The Fairy Catmother wrote:I'm a little surprised at how far ahead I am. If I'm lynched, look for a wolf among those who voted for me (I'd start with JRS).

Admetus hasn't used a power today yet- he could seer me.

Can't seer you, mom. It's on cooldown.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 18:06:18

Also, FCM -- why JRS and not Gungnir? Out of curiosity.

-edit-
I know you talked about JRS above, but I'm wondering what you think about Gungnir.
Last edited by Admetus on 08 Dec 2016, 18:07:36, edited 1 time in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 18:07:00

The Fairy Catmother wrote:Admetus hasn't used a power today yet- he could seer me.

No he cannot, he used his seer yesterday on Visigoth, so he can only use Vig or Jail today (also, he cannot jail you again this game).

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Dec 2016, 19:01:01

Oh I thought he seered Visigoth the day. Wrote yesterday. Anyway.

Gungnir is also on my list. He and JRS are the ones I'm most curious about at this point.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 08 Dec 2016, 19:03:45

tl;dr, I'm going to go on my policy for voting
#Vote for: Jrsthethird
to maintain the tie.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 19:14:21

Well, things are about to get a bit crazy in here! Gungnir, I'm sending you to jail!

MYSTIC ROOM SUCK TRANSFORM

Oh man, it's a three way tie! We're gonna need some vote movement post haste!

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 19:15:10

Ryvvn wrote:Current Tally
FCM - 3 - Jrs, San, rekard, Gungnir
Jrs - 3 - FCM, dferr, Ryvvn, RaveBomb
rekard - 3 - Penalty, Ryvvn, Admetus

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 19:16:24

Was a vote tally, but Admetus beat me by a minute and with gusto!

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 08 Dec 2016, 19:17:15

Psst! Cross off Gungnir.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Dec 2016, 19:19:25

The ground opens up beneath Gungnir's feat, revealing a portal St. Olga's. He takes a moment to give a brief wave before plummeting through. Strangely enough, he seems to transforming into a princess on his way through the portal. Looks like St. Olga's really is a Reform School *only* for Wayward Princesses.

The GM says this:

Gungnir has been jailed. HIs vote(s) do not count today, he may not be lynched, and he may not be targeted with the maul or powers. Princess Gungnir will return tomorrow morning.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Dec 2016, 19:20:21

Hot tip Jrs, I'm sniping you if no other movement happens to break the tie.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Dec 2016, 19:20:51

Speaking of which, approximately 40 minutes remain in the day and all votes have been accounted for.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 08 Dec 2016, 19:22:39

sounds like a plan.

Return to “Echo Creek Park”