Day 8: This town has really gone to Hell

Your god can't save you from yourselves
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 8: This town has really gone to Hell

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 15 Jan 2017, 23:09:16

The remaining citizens of Salem gathered in the town square. They had finally realized they were in a battle against hell itself. Win or lose, the battle would end tonight.

Frantically, they tried to piece the clues together. The evil one in their midst weaved his way through the crowd, whispering doubts into their ears.

Hellheart had had enough. "Stop messing with my head!" Screaming, he whirled around to face DOM. Confronting his old friend, he said, "So it's you. It's been you this whole time, hasn't it?"

Smiling wickedly, DOM nodded.

Hellheart called to the others. "It's DOM! Get him!"

Rictus and Jrsthethird joined Hellheart's side. They had DOM surrounded. But why wasn't he running? Or begging for his life? Something was wrong.

As they converged upon DOM, Jrsthethird suddenly stopped. His body bent in half as if some unseen force was acting upon it. His limbs twisted in inhuman angles, and his face twisted in anguish. Rictus was reminded of his awful experience in the church a few days earlier.

Finally, Jrsthethird fell to the ground in the same position Rictus had, except Jrsthethird's finger was pointing at Rictus.

The vote was now tied, 2-2.

Except Rictus had already been cursed the day before.

With a flick of DOM's hand, Rictus's neck snapped.

Jrsthethird began to stir. Still feeling a bit weak, he reached out to DOM. "Did it work? Is it over?"

Helping Jrsthethird to a standing position, DOM said, "Yes, my friend. It worked. But it's not quite over yet."

Hellheart still stood there, dumbfounded. As reality sunk in, he knew it was pointless to try to run away.

DOM turned to Jrsthethird. "Would you like to do the honors?" He handed Jrsthethird a small bag.

Jrsthethird shook some black powder from the bag into his palm. He held it up to his lips and blew.

The black powder floated through the air towards Hellheart and materialized into a skeletal pair of hands. An ominous hole opened up at Hellheart's feet. The hands enveloped him and dragged him down. His screams of terror echoed through the air as the ground closed again.

Rictus - lynched - human GA
Reverend John Hale - You are a Puritan. You have been called in from Boston to help the people of Salem. You are the GA.
You may not target the same person two nights in a row. You may target yourself.

Hellheart - mauled - human
Elizabeth Proctor - You are a Puritan, and John Proctor's wife. As long as he's alive, you cannot die.

FINAL TALLY:

Rictus - 2 - DastardlyOldMan, Jrsthethird
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - Rictus, Hellheart
Jrsthethird - Jrsthethird

Jrsthethird's vote was changed via an ability.

The GM says this:

Witches win.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Re: Day 8: This town has really gone to Hell

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 15 Jan 2017, 23:10:17

Thanks for playing, everyone!

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 15 Jan 2017, 23:14:18

I added everyone to both human and dead groups. Not sure what to do to open the game up now that it's done. Can an overlord (besides Ryvnn, since he's not sure either) help me out?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Jan 2017, 23:32:33

Well, we made the right call. Thanks for toughing it out with me, Rictus. It was a hell of a ride.

E: I'm really happy with the way I played. I was more wordy and serious than I'd like to be in the future, but I was also more flexible and observant than I've been in the past. I was pushing scum for almost the entire game and somehow managed to not get lynched in the process!
Last edited by Hellheart on 16 Jan 2017, 00:22:11, edited 1 time in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Jan 2017, 23:35:29

The Fairy Catmother wrote:I added everyone to both human and dead groups. Not sure what to do to open the game up now that it's done. Can an overlord (besides Ryvnn, since he's not sure either) help me out?

Actually, I think I got it thanks to Omega's quick info on setting group permissions post-game! If I did it right, the entire game should be read-only to guests (non-registered users), and should be limited access (posting only in day and dead threads, read-only wolf and witch threads) for all registered users (even those who didn't play in game); I've removed all other groups from the game permissions since they shouldn't be needed here any more.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 16 Jan 2017, 00:37:47

These two paragraphs made me chuckle so much that I have to repost them:

Hellheart wrote:I still think DOM is likely the last wolf. But it's possible that JRS should have sniped DOM two days ago, but didn't. Maybe he passed out drunk. Or masturbating. Or his mom grounded him (for masturbating). It really doesn't matter which, as long as it was sad and humiliating.

Same-team Admetus moves to DOM yesterday (he was around at EOD), and I push harder for a DOM switch if I'm a neutral. I jam the shit out of that DOM switch while screaming "BLOODY MURDER." That probably doesn't get Admetus to switch since it's not a logical argument, but that's okay. I like screaming.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 16 Jan 2017, 05:00:12

So they were both wolves? Damn how many wolves were there? Five?
Charming, to the last.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Jan 2017, 05:09:49

2 wolves (Admetus, sphenodont)
2 witches (DOM, rekard)
1 backup witch (JRS)

Once you killed rekard, JRS activated, and counted for parity as BOTH human and witch (ie, 2 humans + JRS + me = 3 humans, 2 witches), and I picked up the maul when the wolves died out (I'm not sure why I didn't choose to just live in peace once the witch-hunters were dead, but it's probably because you guys kept trying to lynch me!!)

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 16 Jan 2017, 07:16:36

I think the witches may have been a little too powerful, with DOM having 3 powers to use on the final day. No matter what we had all voted, everything was in DOM's hands. He could've killed me and gone for a lone witch win, so I didn't want to piss him off! :flail:

Other than that, I really enjoyed my role and found the challenge of not speaking of my role unique and interesting. For clarity, since I didn't see it posted anywhere else, this is the exact role PM I received:

The Fairy Catmother wrote:Gizmo, the black cat - You are a Puritan, for now. Just sit tight. As long as you remain a cat, you cannot be killed.
**IMPORTANT** DO NOT SPEAK OF YOUR ROLE IN ANY WAY TO ANYONE. DO NOT MENTION IT IN THE DAY THREAD.
All will become clear...eventually.

Two things:

1. My PM did not tell me I would be converted. I figured I would transform at some point but each day that went on I thought maybe we'd win before it happened?
2. The thing about not discussing my role was entirely true, which is why I didn't confirm or deny any accusations. It was really fun to play in that manner so I'm glad she spelled it out for me.

Great game FCM! Definitely one I'll remember for a while!

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 16 Jan 2017, 10:51:06

I think the balance thing was a bit due to the number of players. 14 might not be the best for multifaction shenanigans. It needs 3-5 more players to have a more comfortable accomodation.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Jan 2017, 12:55:42

Yeah I definitely struggled wth the numbers. Hopefully the next time I come up with a game, I won't be hopped up on NyQuil.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 17 Jan 2017, 04:13:54

sorry for not posting my seering results, i was hoping to catch another wolf befor i posted it or post it when i got into a jam, had a post ready to go EoD day 4, and thread locked before i posted it
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 17 Jan 2017, 15:26:49

GG y'all. I think the game was interesting, and the balance pretty good.

I did warn you the only correct lynch was DOM, Hellheart. We could have avoided all of this! :P I promise I would have only eaten everyone else!

Return to “Puritans”