The Salem Cemetery

Life in Salem wasn't that great, anyway.
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

The Salem Cemetery

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 06 Jan 2017, 19:28:34

Where secrets are revealed...

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Re: The Salem Cemetery

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Jan 2017, 20:33:38

stdio is holding stdio in contempt tonight. That tickles me.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Jan 2017, 03:50:31

Welp, glad to see I managed to not only vote both wolves on day 1 but also was set to peek at a hidden witch in rekard who was casting a spell; it's almost like that time I was lynched day 1 as seer... only, somehow, this feels worse!

Thanks for the interesting game, FCM; it'll at least prove enjoyable to watch unravel without me in there mucking everything up in my spectacular fashion.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 09 Jan 2017, 22:45:19

Welcome CAD and stdio!

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 10 Jan 2017, 08:15:02

Thanks for the game! Sorry ryvvn that I screwed up on trying to bring you back into a tie on day 1.

Hellheart wrote:Not sure why stdio nullified his own vote. Witch ability forced him to target himself?

So the idea here was that I'd target myself, make a bunch of noise in the day thread, and then when my vote showed up as nullified it'd make the wolves think I was a vanilla human. However, due to my day being a pileup of crises, I hardly posted at all until the last few minutes of the game, and I was already a leading lynch candidate and had a worthless vote. Truly a case study in plans backfiring.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 10 Jan 2017, 19:56:57

Hellheart wrote:You always read me as a wolf because of the following:
1) I have no problem pushing thin reads, even absurdly thin ones, if I feel like I might be onto something. So I'm usually sticking my neck out.
2) I have an almost overwhelming compulsion to explain my actions. This comes off as defensive. Defensive is read as wolfy.
3) My explanations seem off because I have Asperger's. I consider things and overlook things that "normal" people would not, and my explanations assume that you know a bunch of information and analysis that I'm taking into account but can't possibly remember to also explain.
4) I am either unwilling or unable to change any of the prior 3 points.

Some players have figured out that I just think/reason in really weird ways and that I always defend myself so that's a null tell. I think they can read me pretty well based on how they would expect me, specifically, to respond and act. You are not one of those players.

...When I'm not doing these, I'm screwing around to amuse myself or role-playing. It's not a coincidence that those are the games where I survive the longest. I'm trying to combine the two approaches now to reduce the stress/anxiety this game causes. It seems to be working pretty well.

I've probably always read you as wolfy for similar reasons, and yet I tend to act likewise and draw similar heat; this is probably the primary reason why I've always enjoyed playing with you!

I do hope you're able to maintain a healthy play style, I'd like to see you stick around a while.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 11 Jan 2017, 12:44:20

So the moral of this story (this is a morality story, right?) is if you have a Vigilante shot & are in doubt, always shoot Rekard.

Good Game FCM, would play again, ***** +++++

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 11 Jan 2017, 12:57:37

7-zark-7 wrote:So the moral of this story (this is a morality story, right?) is if you have a Vigilante shot & are in doubt, always shoot Rekard.

Good Game FCM, would play again, ***** +++++

More in a bit,

7z7

Right. Smoke em if you've got em!
I'm always so sad when people die without getting to use their abilities. C'est la vie.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 11 Jan 2017, 16:46:34

C'est la mort in any event. I suppose I could kill him whenever he makes his way down here to level 2?

More in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 11 Jan 2017, 16:47:23

Let's make that a question: ~could~ I kill him whenever he makes his way down here to level 2?

:twisted:

Please?

More in a bit,

7z7

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 11 Jan 2017, 17:19:47

7-zark-7 wrote:Let's make that a question: ~could~ I kill him whenever he makes his way down here to level 2?

:twisted:

Please?

More in a bit,

7z7

Hahaha why the hell not

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 11 Jan 2017, 20:58:50

Aww man looks like the seer is getting mauled tonight, and he hasn't revealed anything. :-/

The humans are sooooo close. It's interesting to me to see people get vibes from DOM, spheno, and JRS, but they can tell that those 3 can't all be working together, so they don't trust those instincts.

Also, as I'm sure it will be brought up when the game is over, I keep going back-and-forth about my decision to remove some of the roles from the official rules thread after the possibility of a mass role claim was pointed out to me.

My original intention for this game was obviously to keep some things secret from everyone...when that came to my attention, it was still quite early in the game, and there was no particular reason to have certain roles listed, so I went with my gut and took some of them out of the post.

I see now that I should've left it as it was, because even if only one person saw those extra roles, that gives them an unfair advantage (which Admetus himself pointed out earlier today).

I even thought about putting them back in, but I think I'm starting to learn the important GM lessons of "Don't Fuck with it Unless You Absolutely Must" and "Stop Poking Things with Sticks."

I debated about even posting this, because I don't want to draw attention to my mistake if no one notices it. But we're all pretty smart here, so someone's going to say something.

So, my bad. I hope it doesn't affect the game TOO greatly.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 11 Jan 2017, 22:52:43

Welcome Blindsniper83 and sphenodont!

(Also, I believe I'm now 2/2 for killing sphenodont in a tavern.)

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 11 Jan 2017, 22:54:08

DAMMIT, I had my post of seerings typed up and missed posting as thread got locked as i tried to post
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Jan 2017, 00:23:21

Blindsniper83 wrote:DAMMIT, I had my post of seerings typed up and missed posting as thread got locked as i tried to post

That was me, locking it on behalf of FCM; probably a good thing I did, since that would have put her in a dilemma, you posting seer info post EoD especially when you were set to die.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 12 Jan 2017, 19:23:59

Hellheart wrote:I'm getting this dreadful feeling that there's a 3rd faction that we have no idea about.

I'd still rather deal with the wolves first.

I honestly didn't think it would take til Day 5 for someone to say this!

The Fairy Catmother wrote:I decided to take this game in a completely different direction. Obviously, there were no witches in Salem; the Salem witch trials were brought about by things like rampant sexual oppression and misogyny. In "The Crucible," a small group of scared, desperate girls led the hunt, creating scapegoats and confusion for their own benefit.

So, in this game, rather than hunting for witches, you're looking for those among you who are trying to divide and conquer.

It looks like most people didn't notice that I changed the game to the NOT so witchy wolf game. Plus I've been giving slight hints every day with the goofy deaths, and the obvious demonic origins of the Possess ability...

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 12 Jan 2017, 23:35:32

I am disappointed. I didnt get a vig shot.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Jan 2017, 00:03:17

The Fairy Catmother wrote:Aww man looks like the seer is getting mauled tonight, and he hasn't revealed anything. :-/

The humans are sooooo close. It's interesting to me to see people get vibes from DOM, spheno, and JRS, but they can tell that those 3 can't all be working together, so they don't trust those instincts.

Also, as I'm sure it will be brought up when the game is over, I keep going back-and-forth about my decision to remove some of the roles from the official rules thread after the possibility of a mass role claim was pointed out to me.

My original intention for this game was obviously to keep some things secret from everyone...when that came to my attention, it was still quite early in the game, and there was no particular reason to have certain roles listed, so I went with my gut and took some of them out of the post.

I see now that I should've left it as it was, because even if only one person saw those extra roles, that gives them an unfair advantage (which Admetus himself pointed out earlier today).

I even thought about putting them back in, but I think I'm starting to learn the important GM lessons of "Don't Fuck with it Unless You Absolutely Must" and "Stop Poking Things with Sticks."

I debated about even posting this, because I don't want to draw attention to my mistake if no one notices it. But we're all pretty smart here, so someone's going to say something.

So, my bad. I hope it doesn't affect the game TOO greatly.

Seems that made Jrs effectively unkillable since Admetus will not even attempt to maul as he assumes he islinked to someone else.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 00:31:06

Admetus thinks JRS is the wife...so now that dfer's dead, he might.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 13 Jan 2017, 08:20:49

Poor hellheart he could have totally used my list.... he also seems to haverify missed my drop on day 2 that he is human confirmed by seer ( didn't do you rekard as you came up as human but fuzzy ) and admentus came as wolf
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 13 Jan 2017, 09:12:39

Blindsniper83 wrote:Poor hellheart he could have totally used my list.... he also seems to haverify missed my drop on day 2 that he is human confirmed by seer ( didn't do you rekard as you came up as human but fuzzy ) and admentus came as wolf

Where was that? Your only post on Day 2 was the revenge vote on me.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 13 Jan 2017, 09:13:52

The Fairy Catmother wrote:I see now that I should've left it as it was, because even if only one person saw those extra roles, that gives them an unfair advantage (which Admetus himself pointed out earlier today).

Ayup.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 13 Jan 2017, 09:26:01

Hellheart wrote:It's part of the role PM. Both ways. It's a neat twist on the normal lovers setup. Dferrantino hard-defended me on Day 3. We've voted together for the last few days. There was a possibility that he could be a witch, but given that his role was male...it would have been odd. So I assumed he was human.

There's no way I could be a witch. That's an alpha under two layers of immunity. That's ludicrously unbalanced.

...why did you out yourself?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 13 Jan 2017, 10:14:27

rekard wrote:I am disappointed. I didnt get a vig shot.

You can't just set me up like that you know.

[+] spoilers
Squirrel Nut Zippers – Hell Lyrics wrote:In the afterlife
You could be headed for the serious strife
Now you make the scene all day
But tomorrow there'll be Hell to pay

People listen attentively
I mean about future calamity
I used to think the idea was obsolete
Until I heard the old man stamping his feet.

This is a place where eternally
Fire is applied to the body
Teeth are extruded and bones are ground
Then baked into cakes which are passed around.

Beauty, talent, fame, money, refinement
Top skill and brain
But all the things you try to hide
Will be revealed on the other side.

Now the D and the A and the M
And the N and the A
And the T and the I-O-N
Lose your face, lose your name
Then get fitted for a suit of flame

Zark peered up from the 3rd circle of hell (the one reserved for oversubscribed engineers) as the gates opened. It was a lynch, and a rather quiet one at that which brought Rekard down to level 2. Had he paid the ferryman? Why was he wearing a red spandex suit in Salem Massachusetts? ((not for nothing, Salem is fun at Halloween, put it on your bucket list)).

These were all good questions - but in the end, irrelevant. Same old song, just a drop of water In an endless sea, but I'm changing the subject.

No, there was a better way. He lined up, accounted for drift and the heat radiating off the lake of fire, accounted for a bank shot off Hitler... yes... yes.. this would work.

BOOM!

The moral of this story (if there is one) is that only two things are certain in this afterlife - you should never start a land war in Asia, and if you have a shot and a hunch, you take it.

Kind of fitting that even a direct vigilante shot didn't kill deadpool, but I'm changing the subject. Welcome to Hell Rekard :twisted:

((J/K, I didn't have a wolf read from you, but I did toy around with killing you anyway, just for old time's sake))

More (bloodshed) in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 13 Jan 2017, 10:53:55

Also, I totally forgot I had the suicide vig.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 12:54:10

7-zark-7 wrote:
rekard wrote:I am disappointed. I didnt get a vig shot.

You can't just set me up like that you know.

[+] spoilers
Squirrel Nut Zippers – Hell Lyrics wrote:In the afterlife
You could be headed for the serious strife
Now you make the scene all day
But tomorrow there'll be Hell to pay

People listen attentively
I mean about future calamity
I used to think the idea was obsolete
Until I heard the old man stamping his feet.

This is a place where eternally
Fire is applied to the body
Teeth are extruded and bones are ground
Then baked into cakes which are passed around.

Beauty, talent, fame, money, refinement
Top skill and brain
But all the things you try to hide
Will be revealed on the other side.

Now the D and the A and the M
And the N and the A
And the T and the I-O-N
Lose your face, lose your name
Then get fitted for a suit of flame

Zark peered up from the 3rd circle of hell (the one reserved for oversubscribed engineers) as the gates opened. It was a lynch, and a rather quiet one at that which brought Rekard down to level 2. Had he paid the ferryman? Why was he wearing a red spandex suit in Salem Massachusetts? ((not for nothing, Salem is fun at Halloween, put it on your bucket list)).

These were all good questions - but in the end, irrelevant. Same old song, just a drop of water In an endless sea, but I'm changing the subject.

No, there was a better way. He lined up, accounted for drift and the heat radiating off the lake of fire, accounted for a bank shot off Hitler... yes... yes.. this would work.

BOOM!

The moral of this story (if there is one) is that only two things are certain in this afterlife - you should never start a land war in Asia, and if you have a shot and a hunch, you take it.

Kind of fitting that even a direct vigilante shot didn't kill deadpool, but I'm changing the subject. Welcome to Hell Rekard :twisted:

((J/K, I didn't have a wolf read from you, but I did toy around with killing you anyway, just for old time's sake))

More (bloodshed) in a bit,

7z7

The GM says this:

Vig shot confirmed. rekard is double dead.

:-)

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 12:55:20

dferrantino wrote:Also, I totally forgot I had the suicide vig.

I figured you were waiting til you were sure who to kill. It helped having an unkillable human around.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 13:21:22

Finally someone noticed my "not a wolf" on rekard.
For all the overthinking we do and conspiracy theories we think of in this game, I'd think that people would pick up on clues like that faster...maybe I'm too subtle?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 13 Jan 2017, 13:31:53

The Fairy Catmother wrote:
dferrantino wrote:Also, I totally forgot I had the suicide vig.

I figured you were waiting til you were sure who to kill. It helped having an unkillable human around.

I figured the permanent-GA on HH was powerful enough as-is that I never bothered re-reading my role after the first night.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 18:10:44

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Dear God. Don't go to the wiki discussions to see if there's any theming behind this.
[+] Stuff about Salem
It is obvious that Countess Marburg is more powerful than Mary seeing that she has already demonstrated some of her perversion, (incest with own son, murder of her own father and lesbianism tendcies not to mention the joy she derives from murdering not only the ignorant but the weak and innocent another is grace who is so possess by demons she lives among dead corpses and eat dead rotting human flesh. Grace death has only made her more demonic as the demons not wanting to let her body to escape from them through death because Grace has such a love and passion for the morbid. I believe that before being rape by the devil she was a chronic masturbater that enjoy sticking unnatural things into herself. She is obviously sick sick sick and wild. She has powers but are not able to contro; them either, they actually control her. Ann is another pervert witch that delusion herself as to not being posses while all the time practices perversion s and than forget about them as though what she does is "natural" she is as perverted as grace

I thought I was a puddle of goo right now.

e: Sorry, there could actually be spoilers in that mess about the show. Spoiling it; not important to the game discussion.

Ahhhhh I started reading that and had to stop. After I found out that the show was cancelled, I stopped watching it, because once I watch it all, it will be over. And I don't want it to be over :-(

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 21:07:29

OMG I just noticed....I'M A POST WHORE!!!
I'm not a wolf padawan anymore!

POST STRUMPET, HERE I COME!

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 14 Jan 2017, 00:04:10

Welcome, Admetus!

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 14 Jan 2017, 01:29:15

Wait. isn't there two humans and two witches? They didn't reach parity?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Jan 2017, 03:18:32

rekard wrote:Wait. isn't there two humans and two witches? They didn't reach parity?

Jrs counts as a witch and a human, so even though there are four players, the count is 2 witches to 3 humans; and Jrs can win with either side, which both he and DOM know.

DOM controls the maul now, so basically if anyone but DOM gets lynched today, DOM wins (either with Jrs if he's also not lynched, or own his own if Jrs is the lynch or if DOM decides to maul his half teammate).

If DOM is lynched, Jrs wins with the humans, so all Jrs needs to do is not be killed today (and not be mauled).

Jrs could publicly share everything, but the chances of his being believed are probably slim.

I think Jrs will be a likely lynch today because it could stand to reason, since they know he was some sort of alpha, that Admetus was an alpha wolf of 2, Hellheart was an alpha human of 2 lovers, and so Jrs must have been an alpha of the third faction of 2. That's probably the argument I'd be making in this case, unfortunately.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Jan 2017, 03:19:56

Oh, wait!

If DOM dies, does Jrs just revert to full human and the game ends with a human win, or do the remaining humans still need to eliminate Jrs for that one witch tick in parity?

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 14 Jan 2017, 09:13:29

Ryvvn wrote:Oh, wait!

If DOM dies, does Jrs just revert to full human and the game ends with a human win, or do the remaining humans still need to eliminate Jrs for that one witch tick in parity?

Shut up, Ryvvn.

the fairy catmother wrote:The familiar still retains some vestiges of its humanity. Jrsthethird now counts as both human and witch for parity, and may win with either team.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 14 Jan 2017, 09:15:36

(Ryvvn told me to say that)

It doesn't matter anyway, since Rictus is cursed, and DOM and Jrsthethird control half the votes.

It would be sooooo fun if DOM forgot to possess Jrsthethird, and JRS decided to change his vote with a snipe to DOM.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 14 Jan 2017, 18:58:44

So all DOM needs to do to win is not make a mistake. He and JRS (so really DOM by himself because JRS is possessed) control half the vote, and Rictus is cursed.
DOM and JRS vote for Rictus, even if there a tie Rictus loses the coin flip because he's cursed, DOM mauls Hellheart, witches win.

I feel pretty bad that Hellheart and Rictus (especially Hellheart) are trying so hard to solve this, when the game is all but decided. Especially on a long weekend.

But still, DOM might not do the above. From his posts in the witch thread, it sounds like he hasn't fully realized his advantage yet.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Jan 2017, 20:23:38

Damn, just saw that DOM finally officially chose who to place Jrs' vote on; FCM and I spent most of our day discussing the chances he may forget and Jrs could pull a last minute betrayal on him.

It does suck for Rictus and Hellheart that this final day was a long weekend day and they spent so much time trying to solve it when the only way they could win would have been for DOM to make an obscene mistake in overlooking his control of Jrs' vote. I hope they aren't too annoyed; FCM could have called the game as an inevitable loss, but there was still that small chance that paranoia and/or forgetfulness could have changed this outcome.

Great job by all you late-game players in this one!

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Jan 2017, 23:43:49

dferrantino wrote:
Hellheart wrote:It's part of the role PM. Both ways. It's a neat twist on the normal lovers setup. Dferrantino hard-defended me on Day 3. We've voted together for the last few days. There was a possibility that he could be a witch, but given that his role was male...it would have been odd. So I assumed he was human.

There's no way I could be a witch. That's an alpha under two layers of immunity. That's ludicrously unbalanced.

...why did you out yourself?

I expected the scum to push me that day. I wanted to defend myself from a game mechanics perspective, which is my strong point, rather than trying to defend my choices and posts. The latter only works with the players who understand how I think and act, and even then only sometimes. Outing myself also cuts down on some of the unnecessary blather that could have happened, which was helpful because I had literally no sleep the night before.

I actually considered switching back to DOM near the end of that day. I know that DOM can seem very human as a wolf if he tries hard enough. DOM just straight-up outplayed Admetus on a day where Admetus was preoccupied to begin with...and even then, it was an absolutely tortuous switch for me to make.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Jan 2017, 05:03:52

Good game again, FCM.

Regarding roles and everyone's special: what I've done in the past on ES games is to come up with extra roles, and hand those out as cover identities for the wolves (otherwise, they have to come up with their own, which may overlap/conflict with human ones). That solves the meta-problem of the giant role claim, but allows you to be open about what roles are in the game. If you want to be really nice, you give the wolves powers that are supported by the public record (look, Day 3 - that was me).

Ruthless!!!! I will avenge you by possessing dferrantino and suicide-vigilante striking 7-Zark-7, channelling Nitestorm as I do.

I knew I had the win as soon as the day opened, which is why I gave JRS the choice of how to claim the win, but I was always planning on using his vote-possession when I made my final vote. What I didn't know is if the Curse was going to be the only remaining manipulation mechanic, so I was able to suss that out through the day.

As a mechanic, I think I really liked the unkillable/protected characters, and I liked keeping them ~secret (we've done that both ways - one where the alpha was very publicly declared the alpha, and others where we just decided not to lynch them). Generally, alphas are susceptible to vigilante shots, so that there's some risk to them being outed, but with the low counts, this worked out.

Not sure how I feel about the parity rule - normally, when you've got three factions, you parity with everyone-else in total, but we've had some team games where we've changed that up. Normally, I'd say imbalanced, but with only 2 of each, maybe not.

TOUGH analysis trying to find two pairs of partners and one of those pairs changed. I struggle with anything less than 4 wolves; sometimes the low wolf count helps them hide, even though the numbers intuitively seem like the advantage.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Jan 2017, 05:07:10

The Fairy Catmother wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:Dear God. Don't go to the wiki discussions to see if there's any theming behind this.
[+] Stuff about Salem
It is obvious that Countess Marburg is more powerful than Mary seeing that she has already demonstrated some of her perversion, (incest with own son, murder of her own father and lesbianism tendcies not to mention the joy she derives from murdering not only the ignorant but the weak and innocent another is grace who is so possess by demons she lives among dead corpses and eat dead rotting human flesh. Grace death has only made her more demonic as the demons not wanting to let her body to escape from them through death because Grace has such a love and passion for the morbid. I believe that before being rape by the devil she was a chronic masturbater that enjoy sticking unnatural things into herself. She is obviously sick sick sick and wild. She has powers but are not able to contro; them either, they actually control her. Ann is another pervert witch that delusion herself as to not being posses while all the time practices perversion s and than forget about them as though what she does is "natural" she is as perverted as grace

I thought I was a puddle of goo right now.

e: Sorry, there could actually be spoilers in that mess about the show. Spoiling it; not important to the game discussion.

Ahhhhh I started reading that and had to stop. After I found out that the show was cancelled, I stopped watching it, because once I watch it all, it will be over. And I don't want it to be over :-(

Sorry - it was a perfect example of crazy-internet-rant, and it wasn't until after I posted that I realized the crazy may have had actual content. Apparently, shows about witches attract vitriol from certain religious groups. Odd, that.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 16 Jan 2017, 05:22:57

1. Congratulations to DOM for the win.

2. Thank you Fairy Catmother for running this game. The setting was fantastic and the theme of witches and really witches was fun.

3. This game should have ended on Day 6, after two days of correct play by the humans. The fact that I can make that statement indicates that here is a balance or mechanism issue that needs to be fixed.

4. I would not play this style of TWG again.
Charming, to the last.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 16 Jan 2017, 07:33:49

Like I said in the final day thread, I think the witches may have been too powerful at the end. I knew DOM had it wrapped up, but at the same time, he could betray me and go for a line witch win, so I knew I had to play entirely neutral. I even thought about throwing DOM under the bus, but didn't want him to turn on me. He gave me an option where I survived so I had to go along with it. :twisted:

Fun playing with everyone! Sorry to Rictus and Hellheart, it must suck to look back and see that nothing really mattered on the last day.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Jan 2017, 13:09:22

Still, if I had been playing, I would be pissed if the GM had called the game after Day 6. I'm stubborn enough that if there's a shred of a chance that the opposing side might make a mistake, I would want to see it through.
I understand that not everyone is like that, and I completely feel for the let down it must have been to find out that, in the end, Day 7 didn't matter.

There were definite balance issues at play. I tried going back and researching previous games for help, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Now that I'm getting some feedback, I see what I can change to fix that in the future. (Although I could never run this exact game again...it would spoil any hidden roles).

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Jan 2017, 14:53:07

I can certainly attest to how much thought FCM put into this game, and how much she agonized over the potential issues; it's probably a good thing I died day one or she may have been super stressed without someone to talk to about it.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 16 Jan 2017, 15:02:17

For what it's worth I'm always happy to chat about game design/management. I didn't ask to watch this game due to having more timing conflicts than usual, but if you send me a PM I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Jan 2017, 19:55:16

Ryvvn wrote:I can certainly attest to how much thought FCM put into this game, and how much she agonized over the potential issues; it's probably a good thing I died day one or she may have been super stressed without someone to talk to about it.

TRUTH.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Jan 2017, 19:58:13

Okaros wrote:For what it's worth I'm always happy to chat about game design/management. I didn't ask to watch this game due to having more timing conflicts than usual, but if you send me a PM I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! Being able to get a once over from an experienced GM definitely would have been helpful. Since Ryvvn was playing in this game, I knew I couldn't ask him anything.

Return to “Ashes to ashes...”