Twilight 7: Slivered in the moon’s eclipse

"Witches aren't real," they said. "It's all in our heads," they said.
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Twilight 7: Slivered in the moon’s eclipse

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 14 Jan 2017, 00:02:29

Congrats, witches! DOM, you now control the maul.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Twilight 7: Slivered in the moon’s eclipse

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Jan 2017, 04:27:58

Ah, yeah, that is useful, isn't it? I'm thinking it's a one-time use tool, though.

JRS, feel free to whatever you want in-thread. I personally would claim HH's role as the invincible wife, just to throw doubt on Hellheart's claim (it won't work, but fun as hell on the way).

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Jan 2017, 05:23:28

Basically, two ways we can play this one out.

You and I vote on Rictus, who is cursed; everyone else most likely votes on you (but same thing applies if they vote on me). Depending on if HH has a vote-manipulation ability (or Rictus, if there's no GA in the game), we win the tie vote and the game. If we lose the vote, you die and I maul and we're in the same scenario as option 2. Jesus, I typed all the rest of this up before I realized that. The rest of this post is crazy-talk, I'm going to drink my coffee now.

The other option is that we pile on you, I redirect the GA protection (if any exists), and I maul; we win the game. This is where I'm at now, but don't feel like my vote is locked in there or anything - we'll be double-talking around each other a lot today, so I want to establish a quick "this is easy" solution so that people can doubt that solution for ~40 hours.

If you prefer the first option where you live (but we're probably going to tip our hand a bit), use the word "lugubrious" in a sentence :twisted: Or reference marine life in some manner. You'll need to figure out how to answer all the WTF in the thread today if we want to avoid tipping our hand.

If you think our chances are better if we sacrifice you and we should go with the second option, reference the medical field, sickness, doctors, etc. Or you can use the word "xystodesmidae" if you want the easy way out.

(BTW, that last signal post was awesome - I screwed up by thinking I wanted the wolf lynched, but you nailed Admetus dead-on).

FCM - you don't have to answer this if it's outside the realm of what-I-should-know. Just curious if the Deflect / Redirect would actually deflect or redirect the Guardian Angel protection, or if the protection would override/block the deflection? It's kind of a critical point to my plan, since I have a ~50/50 chance of getting blocked.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 14 Jan 2017, 09:02:02

The GA goes first, then the deflect power.
You can deflect your own maul, if that sounds fun.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Jan 2017, 11:52:01

OK, lugubrious it is :mrgreen: Remember that Rictus has the curse, so he's our preferred target. That said, if we can get him to out himself to out himself as GA (or not), that simplifies things. Assume you have no problem with me moving your vote via possession (in fact, that might be an integral part of the plan).

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Jan 2017, 09:39:00

Huh, after-game, I need to think about metagaming some more. I was really pissed at HH's trail, but I'm basically doing the same thing with JRS here, aren't I? Interested in dead-thread thoughts on that, or if I'm violating the spirit of JRS' read-only access here.

I'm putting a maul order in on Hellheart -> Rictus (I don't really think I need the conditional, but better safe than sorry). I can really only hope that Rictus has stuck to the ~normal cadence of the GA, protecting himself at every opportunity (which would be Night 1/3/5, and now 7).

Aaand, what else? I've got a redirect left, so I'll cast Redirect on JRS -> Hellheart.

Other than being invincible, I don't know what Hellheart's power is, but it's entirely possible that he has one.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Jan 2017, 15:54:30

No, seriously - stdio actually nullifed his own vote and committed suicide? Now I want to see the dead thread, because we didn't redirect anything to stdio, which is the only way I could see his own power reflecting back on him without him targeting himself.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Jan 2017, 18:28:39

Now that I see it, I see that stdio wasn't voting on his own opponent, so it makes more sense (human-thread DOM is conveniently ignoring that, convinced that he's found the key to the puzzle).

And I think that's all that I've got. It's not a great argument, but I'm not COMPLETELY tipping my hand. I think HH was coming after me anyhow, and Rictus will probably follow since I'm voting on him (I'm guilty of this as well, but people tend to think that anyone who votes for them *must* be a wolf - we as a group let revenge color our biases very often).

Oh, and JRS votes for Rictus as well.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Jan 2017, 18:43:05

Really tempted to go flip my vote back and forth a couple times, just because I'm second-guessing myself, but think it'll feel artificial if I do. Just going to let it ride out.

Good game, FCM - definitely some different ideas and concepts, making people think away from our normal paths a bit.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 15 Jan 2017, 19:09:26

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Really tempted to go flip my vote back and forth a couple times, just because I'm second-guessing myself, but think it'll feel artificial if I do. Just going to let it ride out.

Good game, FCM - definitely some different ideas and concepts, making people think away from our normal paths a bit.

Thanks. I hope when it's all resolved, people aren't too annoyed with the weirdness!

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Jan 2017, 19:51:48

I imagine that (assuming this plays out the way I think it does, and my vote manipulation is the only piece left) HH and Rictus will be a bit ticked off that the last day is basically all me winning by using my powers, and that the discussion and effort they're putting in is a bit of a waste. I'd probably be ticked off in that regard, anyhow, although they've done a fairly good job of narrowing in on me regardless of the BS that I'm spinning, so in the end - they're correct (well, except for the whole there's two of us aspect); I just don't think it's going to be enough.

Debated claiming GA and then just battling it out with Rictus in that regard, and debated claiming some other power (even a flavor of redirect as a potential GA-substitution, but that one is such a wolf seer-dodging power). In the end, they had pretty clear evidence that they were human - I am surprised they're going after me instead of JRS.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 15 Jan 2017, 23:42:05

Twilight 7 has ended.

Return to “Here there be Witches”