Twilight 1: Double, double, toil and trouble

"Witches aren't real," they said. "It's all in our heads," they said.
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Twilight 1: Double, double, toil and trouble

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 06 Jan 2017, 18:55:04

Hello, dearies. The Puritans have no idea you're here.

The Coven has a group familiar. He's waiting among the Puritans, disguised as a rather handsome black cat. If either of you die, he becomes a witch and takes your place.
Gizmo, the black cat - You are a Puritan, for now. Just sit tight. As long as you remain a cat, you cannot be killed. All will become clear...eventually.

Each night, choose one of you to perform the spell. Once a spell is used, you cannot use it again until the others have been used. (They reset every 3 nights. I hope this makes sense. My head is stuffed with fluff, and I know there's a better way to word that...)

Here are your spells:
- Deflect - Choose a target, and a decoy. Any night action used on your target will be deflected onto your decoy instead.
- Possess - Choose a target. You choose who that person votes for the next day. This will be reflected in the final vote tally.
- Curse - Choose a target. If that person is tied for the lynch, they lose the coin toss.

If all the wolves are killed, you may take over the maul. I will let you know if this happens.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Twilight 1: Double, double, toil and trouble

Postby rekard » 06 Jan 2017, 20:47:16

Are you all prepared to be Bewitched!?

It is the Witching Hour! I invited my teenage niece Sabrina.

Guys, remember to pick up your special edition brooms. They come directly from England as I made arrangements to steal them from the Slytherin Hogwarts Quidditch Team.

Also I have a memo:

Do not wear your spiffy new year model witchy hats. It doesn't matter how pretty and dashing they are. We all know what happened our sister Rowena and a certain noose that went around her neck when she was showing off her new hat. We can't allow a repeat of that event.

Oh by the way, how many people are left in our coven? I gotta prepare some welcome spells.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 06 Jan 2017, 21:41:24

Yup, forgot to mention that.
There are 2 of you.
Ruth - rekard
Betty - DOM

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Jan 2017, 13:27:11

Well met by moonlight, sister; let's cause a little chaos.

Given that we don't really know what's going on, I'd say let's use the Curse spell tonight. I'm neutral on which of us uses it, although since I was early death the last couple of games, I might have a higher chance of survival on the early nights.

FCM: do spells happen before/after/simultaneous to the maul? Could we potentially redirect a maul, or does Deflect only focus on ~special powers? Are we subtly allowed to give tells to our little kitty friend, or would you prefer us not to (ie, posting about a black cat crossing one's path, etc.)?

I'm sure I'll have other questions as we go, these spellbooks are faded and my headology is out of practice.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Jan 2017, 13:38:33

Who's on your vengeance list? Okaros isn't playing, so maybe give Mister Svarkowski the Curse of Inappropriately Timed Anecdotes? That one's always fun around the holidays (I'm looking at you, Uncle Jebediah - just because you're dead doesn't mean you can't feel shame).

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 08 Jan 2017, 15:01:20

Rictus is on my vengeance list!

At the same time, he is always someone who tries to make ties or add other wagons to the vote especially on days 1-3, so he is almost predictable in those regards. We cast possess today and control his vote tomorrow. I died day 1 last night, so well if I die I'll be sad.

We are in no danger tonight. so we can save Curse for days 1-2 where we might need it.

Let's go Possess -> Rictus ->Zark

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 08 Jan 2017, 15:07:09

By the way. I'll be seered a shuman as long as there are wolves.

You have the same thing?

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Jan 2017, 15:07:22

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Well met by moonlight, sister; let's cause a little chaos.

Given that we don't really know what's going on, I'd say let's use the Curse spell tonight. I'm neutral on which of us uses it, although since I was early death the last couple of games, I might have a higher chance of survival on the early nights.

FCM: do spells happen before/after/simultaneous to the maul? Could we potentially redirect a maul, or does Deflect only focus on ~special powers? Are we subtly allowed to give tells to our little kitty friend, or would you prefer us not to (ie, posting about a black cat crossing one's path, etc.)?

I'm sure I'll have other questions as we go, these spellbooks are faded and my headology is out of practice.

1. Your spells will happen first- in the event that your initial target is the same as the maul target, the maul will be deflected onto your decoy.
2. You may drop hints to your familiar. Have fun!

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Jan 2017, 15:12:59

rekard wrote:
Let's go Possess -> Rictus ->Zark

Since you were the one that said it, unless I'm told otherwise, I will consider this spell performed by rekard.

Also, just to confirm, you both will be seered as human as long as there are still wolves alive. Similarly, if there are wolves, you will reveal as 'not a wolf' upon death.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Jan 2017, 15:36:17

That works - I'll confirm that rekard is possessing Rictus->7Z7 tonight - that does mean we won't be able to possess again until Night 4, though; feels like we're using our big guns fast, but that's not a bad thing.

And in general, with only two of us, I'd suggest that "last spell cast" is my preference for handling conflicting orders, if that's OK with y'all. That makes it easier for me to backstab rekard later on in a sudden but inevitable betrayal. And it makes it easier for us to react to end-time events (although I'll be honest, I won't be around for EOD often).

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Jan 2017, 15:41:14

I'm good with last spell override.
Yes, you now may not cast possess until Night 4.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 08 Jan 2017, 15:47:26

I just made the most obvious hint in the world.

lol.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 08 Jan 2017, 21:29:03

Twilight 1 has ended.

Return to “Here there be Witches”