Twilight 5: Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf

"Witches aren't real," they said. "It's all in our heads," they said.
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Twilight 5: Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 11 Jan 2017, 22:50:06

Hey, you guys won the tie without any demonic intervention! Maybe it's time to repent?
Yeah, probably not.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Twilight 5: Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 12 Jan 2017, 06:49:49

Not sure how I'm still alive today, but thanks, rekard :)

I would say that "we nailed the seer" indicates that JRS is more likely alpha wolf than black cat; he hasn't done anything to dissuade that.

The interesting thing is, that means that there's another invincible someone still out there.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 12 Jan 2017, 10:03:09

dfer's starting to show signs of his wolf-tell, but of course, if I actually *say* that, then it just looks like I'm pointing at him in self-defense.

Question about parity - in the role PM, there's a "1 wolf, 1 human, 1 witch scenario" outlined, with witches ~winning that battle. Does that mean that the humans are at lynch-or-lose, because we're very nearly at a 2-wolf, 2-human, 2-witch scenario (even if a witch gets lynched, if a Puritan is mauled, our backup comes in) - in fact, today, we're at 2 witches, 2 wolves, 2 humans, 1 black-cat, I believe (I could be wrong on this).

Just wanted to confirm on whether parity is with everyone else (2 witches, 2 other total) or parity with each team. The role PM kind of makes it seem like our parity is much easier to hit, and the humans are barely even aware that we're there yet.
RolePM wrote:The witches' win condition is similar to the wolves (reach parity), except witches take precedent over wolves. For example: If a day begins with 1 Puritan (human), 1 Girl (wolf), and 1 Witch, the witches win.

Granted, since we don't have a maul, it's harder for us to manipulate to the win condition, but it's also an easier condition to hit. Just wanted to check here.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 12 Jan 2017, 14:34:40

To be fair, it feels like a ~cheap victory, because mostly we've sat around and managed to not get lynched, but with the replacement and the ~easier parity, as well as the fact that no one knows about us (granted, no maul), that might be something to look at balance-wise. Of course, since I'll get lynched and rekard will get mauled and our cat will get hit by a vig-strike, I may be speaking too soon - we've been lucky to avoid the maul so far.

I think we want to possess tonight (if we had done that yesterday, we'd entirely control the vote - if we could get our cat-ally on board).

I think that if I survive the lynch, I want to possess JRS (I think that I'm taking enough heat to not be the maul target).

If I don't survive the lynch, rekard wants to possess JRS.

And I hope that unkillable ally doesn't come off too strange, but combined with rekard's drop yesterday that I'm more cat than wolf, indicates to our ally where to stick.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 12 Jan 2017, 17:06:01

DastardlyOldMan wrote:To be fair, it feels like a ~cheap victory, because mostly we've sat around and managed to not get lynched, but with the replacement and the ~easier parity, as well as the fact that no one knows about us (granted, no maul), that might be something to look at balance-wise.

Indeed. I've been anxious about this as well. There seem to be unfairly more outcomes favoring the witches than anyone else at this point.
Hence, the hints at witchy secrets in today's opening flavor text. But they seem to be falling on deaf ears.

That's what you get when you build a game with a 101 degree fever.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 12 Jan 2017, 20:14:18

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I think we want to possess tonight (if we had done that yesterday, we'd entirely control the vote - if we could get our cat-ally on board).

I think that if I survive the lynch, I want to possess JRS (I think that I'm taking enough heat to not be the maul target).

If I don't survive the lynch, rekard wants to possess JRS.

I need you guys to have a solid choice for who is casting the spell. I can only allow a conditional for the target of the spell, not the caster.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 12 Jan 2017, 20:15:58

OK - not normal Night-thread rules, then.

I'll tentatively put rekard possess JRS for now, but reserve the right to change that toward EOD. That also assumes he's around here.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 12 Jan 2017, 20:40:25

OK - tentatively moving back to DOM possesses JRS now. Sigh - the fact that 23.5 hours of the day go by before people start thinking and discussing is killing me. I shoulda been in bed half an hour ago.

rekard - if you and I are tied, one of us should vote for the other just so that we know who's casting the spell.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 12 Jan 2017, 20:52:20

Hey DOM.

Vote for me if it comes to it. I made a stronger reasoning on why I shouldn't vote for you, so it would be more damning if I switched to you. I think.

And sorry I don't have more time, but work has been lethal again this week. Getting out late, and then falling asleepto rest, only let's me come here at 11 or so.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 12 Jan 2017, 20:55:06

No worries - the last couple of days have been a nightmare for me as well. Hopefully, our cat doesn't get mauled right after joining us, and we'll just coast to victory tomorrow.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 12 Jan 2017, 21:04:36

If Rictus is the cat, and he gets lynched because of my condemnation in death, well uhm.. Oops.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 12 Jan 2017, 21:22:32

Twilight 5 has ended.

Return to “Here there be Witches”