Twilight 6: Witches' Mummy, Maw and Gulf

"Witches aren't real," they said. "It's all in our heads," they said.
The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Twilight 6: Witches' Mummy, Maw and Gulf

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 12 Jan 2017, 23:15:39

Jrsthethird has joined your ranks.
Here's how it works:

- The familiar still retains some vestiges of its humanity. Jrsthethird now counts as both human and witch for parity, and may win with either team.

- DOM is permanently possessing Jrsthethird.
* Jrsthethird still needs to place a public vote in the Day thread.
* If DOM dies, Jrsthethird's public votes count as normal again.

- Jrsthethird has read-only access to this thread.

- Since Possess is now technically being used every night, it has been removed from the nightly spells you may cast. You may still use Deflect and Curse. On the third night, there will be no spell cast. (The game won't last that long anyway, so that's pretty much irrelevant.)

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Twilight 6: Witches' Mummy, Maw and Gulf

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 04:00:26

Jesus, he's not the alpha. GDI.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 04:54:32

OK - so there are five players alive.

Two of us are witches, although JRS is a pseudo-witch.

That means there could be either one or two wolves still alive, since JRS wasn't a wolf, which means there's only one or two humans still alive.

Which means for parity, we're either at 2 witches, 2 wolves, 1 human or 2 witches, 1 wolf, 2 humans. Either of which *should* have triggered witch parity, if I understand it correctly. So, either I'm not clear on my win conditions, or I'm really backward on my "who's left" list. FCM - could you please give me some clarity on what I need to do in order to establish a win?

JRS - if you want to push a post out indicating who you think is or is not a wolf in the day thread, at least that tells me your thoughts. Hell, give a full rundown. Unfortunately, you kind of claimed alpha wolf out there, so it's going to be really, really, really hard to convince people that you're not actually the alpha wolf (and in fact, there may not even be an alpha wolf).

The other thing that we could do is code that a bit:

Admetus
Rictus
Hellheart

If you use that order, then you don't have to call out names. Use either color descriptions (blue/green for human, red/brown for wolf, black/grey for neutral) or foods (desserts for humans, breakfast foods for wolves) - or combine those. Just make sure to separate out each item, so that Admetus gets a line break (or some clearly defined break) before Rictus, etc.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 13:03:05

Jrsthethird counts for parity for both teams. Humans and witches.
In both of your above scenarios, you need to add 1 to your human count, and in one of them, parity is not triggered.
I can't come right out and tell you how many humans and wolves there are, because that would be information that the rest of the game doesn't have.
But you can figure it out mathematically.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 13:20:54

The Fairy Catmother wrote:Jrsthethird counts for parity for both teams. Humans and witches.
In both of your above scenarios, you need to add 1 to your human count, and in one of them, parity is not triggered.
I can't come right out and tell you how many humans and wolves there are, because that would be information that the rest of the game doesn't have.

O.K. That's weird. So, if JRS just "joined" the witches, we would've already won, but because he's also a human, we didn't. Got it, I guess.

If you just want to change how the parity thing works because of what we talked about yesterday, I'm totally, totally cool with that. This feels like you're just complicating things - I don't think it will matter in the end.
Twilight 1 wrote:If either of you die, he becomes a witch and takes your place.

JRS - would you please be so kind as to deny that you're the alpha in the day thread? We're not on the same side as the wolves, and I think that the belief that you're alpha is helping them more than hurting. If you want to talk about being third-faction instead, or if you disagree with my thoughts and don't want to deny, that's cool too. I'm obviously struggling, and half of my arguments are "I know JRS isn't the alpha now but I can't say that" :)

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 13:25:36

If he only counted as a witch now, that would have the game effectively starting with at best (depending on the number of wolves) a 3-2-9 ratio, which is terrible. The way I have it is still imbalanced, but it's the better way.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 13:41:30

DastardlyOldMan wrote:JRS - would you please be so kind as to deny that you're the alpha in the day thread? We're not on the same side as the wolves, and I think that the belief that you're alpha is helping them more than hurting. If you want to talk about being third-faction instead, or if you disagree with my thoughts and don't want to deny, that's cool too. I'm obviously struggling, and half of my arguments are "I know JRS isn't the alpha now but I can't say that" :)

Nix that - wolves may not have parity tomorrow, so you might be able to pull off a victory without me. You may not want to reveal that you're not alpha. I guess it also depends on whether you're going for a witch victory or a human victory, since you aren't actually a witch.

My new ally is effectively a human spy. Awesome. I'm going to stop typing now.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 14:01:32

The Fairy Catmother wrote:Jrsthethird counts for parity for both teams. Humans and witches.

Oh God. The wolves have the same parity rule that the witches do. That's, um, different. Very different.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 14:43:36

3 humans
1 wolf
2 witch

wolf lynch
no maul
=
3 humans
2 witch

This is actually the worst-case for me, and I need to stop trying to lynch the wolf (which means I'm guaranteed to accidentally lynch the wolf). If I curse, I could still win that by creating a tie (pending other vote manipulations), and this means that I don't have to dodge the maul.

human lynch
human maul
=
1 human (JRS)
1 wolf
2 witch

human lynch
JRS maul
=
1 human
1 wolf
1 witch

JRS lynch
human maul
=
1 human
1 wolf
1 witch

human lynch
blocked maul
=
2 humans
1 wolf
2 witch

HH is likely not the GA (or at least, it's unlikely that a male Puritan Reverend is married to a male suicidal rage machine). That means that if Admetus is the final wolf, Rictus is the GA, and I probably need to lynch Rictus (or vice versa). Maybe the GA isn't in the game (all other human roles have been in the game, but last wolf could still be an Alpha). But this still works out for me.

So, as long as I don't get lynched or mauled . . .

JRS: if I'm lynched or mauled, you still keep the last wolf from victory and you can attempt to kill him again. If I'm mauled instead of lynched, I can try to set up the night actions to curse that wolf, but I'm mainly focused on the witch win here, which means the curse needs to be pointed at a human if the wolf gets lynched. I could also try to affect the GA and deflect from Hellheart or Rictus to myself, which seems like a loverly idea.
DOM lynch
human maul
=
2 humans (JRS + 1)
1 wolf
1 witch

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 20:39:00

Don't forget to tell me who you want Jrsthethird to vote for.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 20:40:19

Option 1: (DOM casting, obviously) - Tentative Redirect Hellheart -> DOM. That's what I want if Admetus doesn't get lynched, hoping to protect myself from the maul (which will backfire spectacularly).
Option 2: (DOM casting) Curse Rictus (if we lynch the wolf, then there's no maul, and I'll need some tiebreaker help). That's what I want if Admetus does get lynched.

For now, DOM Curse Rictus.
JRS' vote stays where it's at (no sense tipping our hand).

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 20:49:09

"Where was DOM with this stuff days ago?"

Days ago, HH, dfer would've recognized this as my wolf tell and jumped on me! Also, apparently I just need to mellow out in general - I talk better when I'm not stressing like a fool (which is rare, lately - I really don't have time to do the analysis I once did, but FRIDAY!!!)

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Jan 2017, 20:54:47

Also, I really wish I knew who the hell the last wolf actually was :) I swear it could still be Rictus with Admetus saying "we shouldn't lynch the wolf". That's Admetus arguing for people *not* to lynch JRS. . . I am so gonna get mauled tonight.

If I need to be explicit on JRS' vote, I want it where he's currently pointing: Hellheart.

Can DOM snatch defeat from the jaws of defeat after a brief detour near the sphincter of victory? Will he second-guess himself until FCM locks the twilight thread? I think we all know the answers.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 13 Jan 2017, 21:05:36

Twilight 6 has ended.

Return to “Here there be Witches”