You do not have the night kill tonight.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Re: Night 4

Postby Admetus » 11 Oct 2013, 18:43:33

So, in addition to the private forum closing down for a day (that better not be a thing that happens often, yikes), I had a post restriction that I could only post twice, tops, in the main thread. I think I almost died from not posting.

I figured whoever gave me the restriction would know I had locked my vote if I posted twice, so I was holding it in reserve. I figure being on a singleton vote was kind of threatening, I could have jumped in at any time.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 11 Oct 2013, 21:04:38

The obituaries don't explicitly say so, but the two dead are officially Federation, I guess? Rictus must be somewhat sad that San didn't save him, but ... then again nobody's actually stayed dead to the lynch yet.

I wonder if the abundance of killing powers might mean that the lynch isn't lethal until something changes? Like as in, we have a half maul, perhaps someone else has a half maul, the sociopaths may have a full maul... and until one of those mauls stops the lynch might be just an inconvenience? Just a thought.

Much less happy thought: perhaps all the lynched people will be offed all at once, so I may not be as alive as I think I am.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 11 Oct 2013, 21:45:03

Comments on thread things that would have gone in here if we weren't locked out:
Mister E. Meat wrote:A thociopath here?! Very interethting that Jev's lithted powers don't show any thort of way to get rid of the retht of uth. One would think that thociopathth would be out for themthelves in a bit more *ahem* fortheful manner.

Well, per the rules thread, they may have a night kill mechanic. Since that's general, it wouldn't show up in a role card. It doesn't have to be like CAD's Mayhem, where sociopaths rotated the kill, but that is one example. Who did YOU think was killing those people in the night?

Mister E. Meat wrote:OK, thome analythith is netheththary. In the latht few hours of the day, two people moved off of rekard and onto wathabi, namely Admetuth and DOM. Thame team as rekard? Thome thort of non-agreththion pact? Inquiring minds want to know.

Further there was quite the push onto wathabi at the end and in a very short timeframe. Tho I'm pretty motht of Admetuth, DOM, Ryvvn and poththibly blindthniper are all on the thame team aka Romulans. And given that thtigmata thaved wathabi or at leatht made it thomewhat difficult for the Romulans to thave Ryvvn, they're likely on the thame team too.

This analysis is just silly. It's clearly meant to start up some discussion to see what people will tip. There are plenty of other reasons people could have made those moves. It's way too early to conclude anything.

Hellheart then mentions the Klingon offer to move off Ryvvn. The only moves after that point were mine and Okaros's attempted move. This was of course the reason I moved, because it's nice to make an effort to keep up your promises, especially if it doesn't have any hope of succeeding. But it does make me interested in Okaros. Did Okaros see the message about swapping, then my swap, and see it as an opportunity to pretend to be a Klingon? Or was it instead a planned move all along, like I expect Ozymandias and rekard did on Day 1 (either together or separately).

FurinMirado: Thanks for covering for us and making noise on the council. The double chat-out for me kind of made me feel a bit disconnected for the day, so I'm glad you kept up the Klingon presence.

Lastly, about the dead returning to life: I'd say we should pay attention to who is listed as really Dead, but it hasn't updated since Day 1. COINCIDENCE? Maybe.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 11 Oct 2013, 21:55:20

PMs to me yesterday. I guess I'm not supposed to directly quote them, even if they weren't GM notes, so I'll paraphrase.

The first note left anonymously (GM courier, note left by my bed -- I need a new bed). Said MEM wants me dead and they want to back me against him. I was supposed to use the reply to tell them whether I was in. I just used my day vote instead.

Near end of day, I replied with:
So, ya, I put that vote on MEM. Not a lot of follow through on your end, though, right? The vote is kind of meaningless without pressure, it doesn't tell you anything. Frown. Next time you have a request, let's do it a bit different. You trade the info or support first, then I'll give you your quid pro quo. I promise discretion.

Interestingly, during a light chat with the GM, he called me a Cardassian by mistake. So my excellent metagame sleuthing tells me either the messenger also sent a note to a Cardassian, or he was a Cardassian. Which basically tells me nothing! Haha, I am good at this.

Separately, I was Blind Copied on a note to "Computer." Not sure what mechanism leaked the message. Omega was telling Computer that a line was accidentally omitted from his "role PMs" plural. The line was the same one you see in Rictus's obituary about "you have a weapon," in brackets and such.

I'm not sure if this was a mass mailed message to all people with weapons. So maybe it's just telling me I have one. But I'm a touch worried that Computer is a mask account played by a person who is getting an awful lot of intercepted PMs.

Anyways, it does seem like since our Li'l Brudder Griffypoo needs a weapon, he might need to arrange to take one of the ones already on people.

And that should be all for my dump of stuff I was holding back from yesterday.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 12 Oct 2013, 06:24:45

You do not have the night kill tonight.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 12 Oct 2013, 07:02:58

1. I also got BCC'd on that Computer message. I have a weapon? Not really sure I understand.

2. I opted to get San mauled last night. I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to collaborate on it. At least it succeeded and now we have some more information.

3. Rictus and San were both Federation according to their role descriptions. A big hit to that group. They might be more willing to negotiate in the Council thread. We shall see. I haven't checked in on it today.

4. Speaking of the Council, yesterday I put forth a theory that Visigoth was a Ferengi given all of his repeated talk of currency. Since he was a Ferengi I thought he might also be a Sociopath. Visigoth then posted in the public thread that he knew what we had talked about in the Council, so he's confirmed as not Socio. The downside is that most can assume he is not Klingon either.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 12 Oct 2013, 08:00:44

I think I understand the "You Have a Weapon" message now!

I suspect that if someone with a weapon gets lynched today he will defeat the beast. But if we choose someone without a weapon then that person is eaten by the beast.

This has some interesting ramifications.

1. If one of our own comes up as an option, we may want to push for his lynching IF we know he has a weapon. He will survive and can choose someone to take his place.

2. Others may realize this as well and push for someone with a weapon to be lynched so they get to choose who dies. This will lead to people voting on their own team mates which means we can't use today's votes in our analysis.

Who among us has weapons? I have one and I believe Admetus says he has one. Clearasday how about you? Your name has already come up. If you have a weapon we may want to push your bandwagon so you can defeat the beast and choose one of our enemies.

Griffypoo
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Griffypoo » 12 Oct 2013, 08:08:51

I was CC'ed a PM as well, but mine was simply the opposite - that I didn't have a weapon, but clarified to be in brackets. I assume it means what Admetus said, that they're items and I probably have to procure one somehow. There's no mention of them in the game rules, though, so I don't know how they affect gameplay. Since it's not consistent person to person, my first guess would be that it has to do with fending off sociopath mauls or something. Maybe they can only get away with it on an unarmed person.

Griffypoo
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Griffypoo » 12 Oct 2013, 08:19:24

Oh, also, my vote color yesterday according to Ryvvn's requested code is supposed to mean that I'm open to working together, but not ratting out any of my homies. If I get mysterious momentum on any of my votes, it might mean those people were working with Ryvvn.

Or it might amount to jack shit, who knows?

Griffypoo
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Griffypoo » 12 Oct 2013, 08:26:39

FurinMirado wrote:I think I understand the "You Have a Weapon" message now!

I suspect that if someone with a weapon gets lynched today he will defeat the beast. But if we choose someone without a weapon then that person is eaten by the beast.

This has some interesting ramifications.

1. If one of our own comes up as an option, we may want to push for his lynching IF we know he has a weapon. He will survive and can choose someone to take his place.

2. Others may realize this as well and push for someone with a weapon to be lynched so they get to choose who dies. This will lead to people voting on their own team mates which means we can't use today's votes in our analysis.

This I'm not so sure about. If at least two of us have weapons out of five, there's a good possibility that about half the players in the game are lynch-immune by that logic. My first thought is maul defense, since more than one faction can night-kill and our first attempt got nixed.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 12 Oct 2013, 08:36:35

I dunno. If you were looking for a person to elect to go fight a baddie, and he had any chance of surviving it, I think you'd want a Klingon. I think we probably have more weapons than other teams. But I also think it's related to your being a newbie Klingon that you don't have one. I think we probably have 4/5 weapons, but other teams may have like 1/5 or 2/5. I hope you're right Furin, because I wasn't thinking ahead when I decided to not-vote on Ozy as an olive branch... of course he would nominate Picard, and you're the only one with a Picard avatar.

What was the other challenge option?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 12 Oct 2013, 08:49:21

The other option was basically a secret ballot. Everyone would vote via PM to the GM. I'm not a fan of secret votes so I voted for the beast. Everyone except for the Cardassians voted for the beast.

Griffypoo
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Griffypoo » 12 Oct 2013, 11:37:39

Admetus wrote:I dunno. If you were looking for a person to elect to go fight a baddie, and he had any chance of surviving it, I think you'd want a Klingon. I think we probably have more weapons than other teams. But I also think it's related to your being a newbie Klingon that you don't have one. I think we probably have 4/5 weapons, but other teams may have like 1/5 or 2/5. I hope you're right Furin, because I wasn't thinking ahead when I decided to not-vote on Ozy as an olive branch... of course he would nominate Picard, and you're the only one with a Picard avatar.

What was the other challenge option?

Oh wow, I should really carefully read the flavor text from the day beginnings. I didn't even notice the part about fighting the beast and winning. The weapon thing makes much more sense now. It must happen on more than one night, or be applicable in other situations as well, though. I don't see why he'd specify weapon status on the very first day otherwise.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 12 Oct 2013, 16:19:03

Still might not be a guarantee. I've seen things like a rock-paper-scissors battle before... you might get that if you have a weapon, and just die otherwise. Just as a random example.

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 12 Oct 2013, 16:43:14

I also have a weapon. Sorry, not much time right now to contribute more, but I want you guys informed.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 13 Oct 2013, 07:18:29

Sorry guys, not much time right now. I did get the same pm saying I had a weapon. Rekard is pushing me as well, so feel free to try to gamble for my death if you are confident thats what the weapon means. I'm pretty open to that option actually as I don't seem to be much use right now.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 13 Oct 2013, 09:42:01

So, since it's been a while... my night guard/block schedule was

Night 1 - Mortus
Night 2 - Nobody
Night 3 - Clearasday

So I'm told I only block actions if the target is female, I just wanted to confirm that I didn't block you, CAD, right? I was planning on guarding Wasabi next.

And did you get any tribble signals? Any other information that might have come with the searches?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Oct 2013, 13:42:26

I don't want to risk losing Clearasday's tribble hunting ability. I may vote rekard since he is a big piece of the puzzle right now. But I'm hesitant to push him out front. If he defeats the beast he may decide I need to die.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 13 Oct 2013, 16:24:34

Night 1 - No target from me, apologies
Night 2 - Rekard has received no love from tribbles
Night 3 - It said that Ozy has not been in contact with the tribble

Targeted Ozy because he sent me a message asking for an alliance until two more sociopaths are dead, and said something along the lines of he'd seered me and knew I wasn't a sociopath. I couldn't reply, but I said 'deal' in thread.

Two random tthoughts. One is that yesterday I got the same message saying I have a weapon that was also to the Computer. So I'm very happy with trying to kill me. Second is that can anyone who has watched Star Trek tell us what would happen if I managed to get the tribble? Or kill it? Just wondering in terms of what my role might actually do in the long run because right now it seems like I just have to keep looking every night at one person that might or might not be dead anyway soon. I wonder what happens if the person with the tribble is killed.

Anyway, try lynching me I say, it'll be funny if its entirely not what we thought and I end up dying.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 13 Oct 2013, 16:32:53

Am I the only one thinking our Klingon pad over here is a touch... humanish? I mean, I'm not a great expert on Klingons or anything, but I'm pretty sure if this was a real genuine Klingon pit or whatever it is we Klingons live in when we're not being total badasses and gunning down puny federation ships, well I'd have imagined there'd have been more 'RAWR DUEL TO THE DEATH' and 'Oh my God Kr'Gawrkol just ate the last piece of chicken, BREAK HIS LEGS' going on around here. Maybe its just me, but I for one lament the sad lows that our Klingon civilization seems to have fallen to.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 13 Oct 2013, 16:33:55

I mean, how hard is it to serve someone up a haunch or two of Ionitor once in a while? Like, have all of our stores run out or something? Did someone decide to set the last one free? Bah. Whelps.

And as for this Q guy. A few of us have got weapons. I say we go on strike until he lets us go toe to toe with him. This is just not the Klingon way, taking orders from some voice in the sky that doesn't even know a thing about honour.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 13 Oct 2013, 16:40:18

honour

Your spelling offends me! We should duel! And then make up and get drunk together!

Klingons are like frat brothers, I guess.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 13 Oct 2013, 16:43:05

You spell fast and sloppily. Like you fight. You can keep honor. Korax have the real thing, with U's and all.

Out of curiosity, can anyone give me the name of a star trek episode which features a lot of Klingons and is good? For research purposes. I've basically only ever seen the star trek movies and like one or two Borg episodes.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 13 Oct 2013, 16:45:11

Oh yeah back to the game. So I'm getting a lot of random votes in 1s without any meaning, which means looking back on this day we'll probably be able to piece together a team or two from the defensive votes when we know a little more.

Ozy is keeping true to his word and not voting for me, and I shall play likewise. I would rather not vote for rekard either but he's making that difficult for me what with his start of the day vote.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 13 Oct 2013, 16:48:03

There are a lot of invalid votes right now. Wasabi and CAD, you're voting for dead people.

Clearasday - 3 - rekard, Stigmata, Hellheart
Mortus - 2 - Visigoth, Augenvonsauron
Rekard - 2 - Mortus, Ozymandias
Meta4 (invalid) - 2 - Dastardlyoldman, Wasabi
San (invalid) - Clearasday
FurinMirado - Ryvvn

Yet to vote:
Admetus
Griffypoo
FurinMirado

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 13 Oct 2013, 16:50:08

NOOO. Brother Admetus. I shall avenge thee.

Return to “Qo'noS”