DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Night 1

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Oct 2013, 06:48:37

Fellow Romulanisitites, I, I - I don't know who you are.

Given my extensive knowledge of engineering doohickies and techno-watsits, I've been selected as a communications officer - that's right, OFFICER. I'm like the O'houra of the Romulan Empire, only I don't look quite as good in a form-fitting dress, and my hair's not as nice, and that lipstick really doesn't match my skin tone.

That said, every other day, I can target a player. The next day. . . that Player's faction forum will be locked. I'm like the Time Warner repairman in space.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 06:58:46

DastardlyOldMan wrote:That said, every other day, I can target a player. The next day. . . that Player's faction forum will be locked. I'm like the Time Warner repairman in space.

Wow, that seems pretty nifty!

I'm a Vice ProConsul and posses the power of PMs (which may not be a good thing for me this game, seeing as I'm already feeling confused). I can PM up to 3 players per day, who may not reply. I can also, once per day, make an anonymous post (via GM) to the day thread. I will absolutely require some guidance on best usages of these abilities. :?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 07:30:07

I'm not nearly as special as DOM is. I'm just a simple tailor.

...who happens to have the head of the Tal Shiar in his pocket.

Each night, my the Tal Shiar's spies will report to me what the other spies have learned. And since they're better (naturally) than everyone else's spies, I will of course know whether the information the enemy spies have learned is true or not.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 08 Oct 2013, 08:11:20

I am a thimple thenator. Thorry, onthe err once you start talking like thith uh this, it's hard to thtop. Thon of a bitch.

*AHEM*

I have a Thalaron Generator that I may use to kill another player. Nighttime only and there may be some unfortunate side effects. I believe it's a one shot power but I'm not sure of that. Anyhow, I think we should just use it before I'm killed or lynched. No reason to really keep an untrackable night kill.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 08:35:04

Mister E. Meat wrote:I am a thimple thenator. Thorry, onthe err once you start talking like thith uh this, it's hard to thtop. Thon of a bitch.

(( Oh god, MEM, I'm alternating between wincing and dying of laughter over your post in the Day Thread. That accent is going to be *very* love/hate. :lol: ))

Mister E. Meat wrote:I have a Thalaron Generator that I may use to kill another player. Nighttime only and there may be some unfortunate side effects. I believe it's a one shot power but I'm not sure of that. Anyhow, I think we should just use it before I'm killed or lynched. No reason to really keep an untrackable night kill.

The prudent course of action would be to wait at least a day and then act based on the extra information we've gained. Obviously we'll win this little game once everyone else is dead, but perhaps there's a more elegant path to victory that we haven't been told about yet.

I do agree with the general idea, though. Acting sooner than rather later will help preempt whatever plans our enemies are attempting. Perhaps tomorrow night?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Oct 2013, 09:20:36

So, is someone actually the Senator (MEM?)
Additionally, please go discuss among yourselves over the privilege to represent your people in the leader's council under the guise of Senator Letant.

Here’s your first test mere mortals, select one among you to be judged. If he’s found worthy, he’ll live and you all will get a reprieve from my plans, for a moment at least. If however he is found unworthy, well, then I’ll send him where no one has gone before.

It might be that our goal is to get MEM ~lynched (sent to Q for investigation - to be found worthy). I dunno.

Also, since this is an Omega game, I'm curious about whether any of our powers will, you know, actually work. There's no way of really verifying mine, per se.

That said, I'll probably block Ozymandias' team at first opportunity. Looking at our powers, we should also figure that other teams have equivalent capabilities, including defense against ours.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Oct 2013, 09:21:31

Or maybe we choose the Senator from among us, rereading that again.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 09:26:24

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Or maybe we choose the Senator from among us, rereading that again.

(( Yes. The actual name attached to my role is a different Senator, so I'm pretty certain Senator Letant is "simply" an additional role that we have to decide which one of us gets.

Without knowing what the role actually does it's a bit challenging. I'd suggest *not* Ryvvn, as he'll have the fun of juggling PMs and whatever special-ness the Senator provides might be a bit much to keep straight. My role is entirely passive, so I could handle whatever it is I think. MEM also seems like an excellent candidate, since once he's used his night-kill he won't have anything worry about either. ))

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Oct 2013, 09:30:17

Given my late-game survival last time around, I'm probably going to be an early kill, so I'm a bad choice for Letant. That, and I've had trouble harnessing my Letant abilities. . .

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 10:03:46

DastardlyOldMan wrote:That, and I've had trouble harnessing my Letant abilities. . .
:roll:

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 10:07:31

So, just so I'm clear here, this is a multi-team game where everyone is on a (likely) five (possible one of four) person team?

Should I just use today's PMs to send out three attempts at non-aggression pacts? And, if so, any suggestions on who would be worthy?

Also, any thoughts on bothering with an anonymous day thread post today, if even just to test the validity of the power?

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 08 Oct 2013, 10:16:12

Sorry for the late arrival (as usual). Did I miss a rules thread somewhere. I am a bit lost on the exact nature of what we are doing. I assume since its an Omega Game that we are equal factions with a high chance of unknown spoiler conspiracy or space vampires or something.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 11:04:48

Augenvonsauron wrote:Sorry for the late arrival (as usual). Did I miss a rules thread somewhere. I am a bit lost on the exact nature of what we are doing. I assume since its an Omega Game that we are equal factions with a high chance of unknown spoiler conspiracy or space vampires or something.

Our mysterious new overlord has declined to give us any specific details on this "game" of his so far. Your initial assessment of the situation with regards to teams and space vampires matches my own. From some of the reports I've read, I would expect this "Omega Q" to be whimsical and capricious in his adjudication of things, so relying too heavily on things to be as they appear may not be advisable.

With all that said, what special talents, abilities, or resources do you bring to the table?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 13:05:47

I'm going to send the following to Hellheart, dferrantino, and Visigoth probably closer to EOD:
Ryvvn wrote:Necessary Header: As per my role assignment, I've been granted the power to PM; however, you may not reply to this message.

Obviously I have no clue the best way to make use of a PM power in a game where there are multiple teams, other than to offer a non-aggression pact. Since you are unable to reply to this, I ask that we use your first vote tomorrow as an indication of your acceptance or refusal. If this offer does appeal to you and you'd like me to extend it to a fellow teammate, place a teammate's name as your first vote tomorrow using a shade of green. If you like my offer but would rather not disclose the name of a teammate, place your first vote in a shade of violet. Finally, if you have no interest in my offer, place your first vote in a shade of orange. (I'm trying to steer clear of reds and dark blues as those are typically used for standard voting.)

I'll change up the colors per PM, so that it doesn't immediately stand out tomorrow that I PM'd three people; and I realize dferr has colorblindness issues, so I'll address that in his PM and probably just supply him with the code to paste.

Omega, would I be breaking any game rules by asking recipients to respond in the day thread in this manner?

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 08 Oct 2013, 13:23:27

I am Subcommander Ropal. I am charged with overseeing the security of the Senator. While I am sleeping my way to the top ranks of Starfleet, I can interrogate one person every night. There is some degree in which my advances can be twarted, (I assume the Sulu factor) but we shall see what occurs.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 15:03:28

((So, some musings based on the powers revealed so far:

Each team almost certainly has some combination of:

Offense (MEM: night-kill)
Utility (Ryv: one-way PMs, DOM: forum-block)
Defense: (Our team power)
Information: (Our team power, Me: Passive seer results, Aug: Active seer results)

The details of my ability suggest that there are powers out there that are capable of messing with at least the seer results, so that will be something to keep in mind when examining the results of Aug's "interrogations". I'd also strongly suspect that there are powers in play that can full-on redirect the target powers to other people (i.e.: the magic mirror in DOM's elemental game).

The details of our team power suggest that there might be an offensively-oriented version of our power out there as well. It would not surprise me to find out that a team (or perhaps an individual... feels kind of Klingon-y maybe?) has a power that gives a % chance of killing people that target them with night powers.

Other power-related guesses:
Somebody out there probably has a PM-listening power.
Vote manipulation, probably?
Almost certainly there's more anonymous-messaging powers. Since Ryvvn has anonymous day-thread posting my guess is that there's an anonymous single-target PM power out there.
A traditional night-power protection role is almost certainly out there too

Something that's very interesting is that so far nobody has revealed any limitations on their powers. I'd expect to see something like DOM's power to have a restriction on targeting the same person multiple times, and the lack of one is suspicious. If nobody has any limitations on their powers at all, my guess is that they're still there and Omega's waiting to spring them on us by surprise.

MEM, how available are you during the day this game? Since we don't know what Senator Letant's role/function is, I think we'd best be prepared for it to be anything. Daytime availability might be important if it turns out to be a vig shot or a daytime communication power of some kind.))

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 08 Oct 2013, 15:07:45

To clarify, Letant is a mask account. More details on Day. 2.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 15:10:31

Omega wrote:To clarify, Letant is a mask account. More details on Day. 2.

One important question then: Does the death of the person playing Letant cause Letant to die as well? Would potentially influence our decisions quite a bit, I think.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 15:13:17

Okaros wrote:Something that's very interesting is that so far nobody has revealed any limitations on their powers. I'd expect to see something like DOM's power to have a restriction on targeting the same person multiple times, and the lack of one is suspicious. If nobody has any limitations on their powers at all, my guess is that they're still there and Omega's waiting to spring them on us by surprise.

My role PM explicitly states that other than my recipients not being able to reply, there are no other restrictions; though I wouldn't doubt hidden restrictions or alterations to powers later on.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 15:14:10

Omega, can I get a response to my question on appropriate PM responses? I'm waiting before sending anything for fear of breaking any rules.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 08 Oct 2013, 16:12:28

Omega, would I be breaking any game rules by asking recipients to respond in the day thread in this manner?[/quote]

Sorry, missed this earlier. While you are pushing the limits of what I would be comfortable with, this is acceptable.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 16:19:05

I think our dear Senator Letant will be one of multiple figureheads "elected" to the leadership council tomorrow. If they're public figureheads known to be associated with their team, I suspect they will be unkillable until certain conditions are met. Given the lack of rules from our esteemed godhead, I suspect whoever gets lynched today may perhaps join them in a similar role or otherwise have their death anulled? After all, why would an omnipotent overload bent on his own entertainment let one of his toys leave so soon?

((Also, anyone want to lay odds on whether there are sociopaths or a secret faction-within-the-factions? :P ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 17:01:05

Okaros wrote:((Also, anyone want to lay odds on whether there are sociopaths or a secret faction-within-the-factions? :P ))

I was actually considering this as my opening anonymous post today:
Anonymous wrote:[Scrambled Log Entry]
(Stardate Unknown)
....they must know the truth...not all of their own can be trusted...we never suspected...we paid the price....
[entry ends]

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 17:03:39

Omega wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Omega, would I be breaking any game rules by asking recipients to respond in the day thread in this manner?

Sorry, missed this earlier. While you are pushing the limits of what I would be comfortable with, this is acceptable.

Okay, I will continue to check with you regarding concerns of breaking the rules/game; but for now I will write up and send out these messages.
Last edited by Ryvvn on 08 Oct 2013, 17:04:32, edited 2 times in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 17:03:57

Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros wrote:((Also, anyone want to lay odds on whether there are sociopaths or a secret faction-within-the-factions? :P ))

I was actually considering this as my opening anonymous post today:
Anonymous wrote:[Scrambled Log Entry]
(Stardate Unknown)
....they must know the truth...not all of their own can be trusted...we never suspected...we paid the price....
[entry ends]

Very nice. It gently nudges our enemies towards discord amongst themselves.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 17:24:22

Okay, here's what we might expect from my recipients tomorrow as regards non-aggression:
Hellheart's Possible Response wrote:Green = Accepted w/ a teammate's name as first vote.
Violet = Accepted w/o teammate's name.
Orange = Declined.

Visigoth's Possible Response wrote:Pink = Accepted w/ a teammate's name as first vote.
Purple = Accepted w/o teammate's name.
Brown = Declined.

dferrantino's Possible Response wrote:Underlined = Accepted w/ a teammate's name as first vote.
Italics = Accepted w/o teammate's name.
Any color aside from red or blue = Declined.

edit: a reminder that each person's response should hopefully come encoded in their first vote of the day tomorrow....

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 08 Oct 2013, 17:33:00

Okaros wrote:MEM, how available are you during the day this game? Since we don't know what Senator Letant's role/function is, I think we'd best be prepared for it to be anything. Daytime availability might be important if it turns out to be a vig shot or a daytime communication power of some kind.

Reasonably available and certainly if I am PMed, I can almost always log in to check. The only exception would be on Friday night through Saturday evening when I'm not available at all.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 17:33:33

Perhaps you should consider using the same three colors but with different meanings for Hellheart and Visigoth? That way, when they see the colors from someone else they might assume a different response than what was actually the case?

For example: Visi might have Violet/Orange/Green ( from "Accepted w/teammate" to "Decline" ).

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 08 Oct 2013, 17:34:59

Ryvvn, what's your avatar from?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 17:37:49

Mister E. Meat wrote:Ryvvn, what's your avatar from?

((That's Harry Mudd. A groan-worthy character if ever there was one. :lol: ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 17:42:38

Are the underlines overkill in the anonymous post? (Haven't sent it to Omega yet)
Anon wrote:[Scrambled Log Entry; Stardate Unknown]
[entry ends]

edit: never mind, decided myself that they were
Last edited by Ryvvn on 08 Oct 2013, 19:30:00, edited 1 time in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 17:44:14

Okaros wrote:Perhaps you should consider using the same three colors but with different meanings for Hellheart and Visigoth? That way, when they see the colors from someone else they might assume a different response than what was actually the case?

Too late, the messages were already sent before I posted that expected responses list. Besides, I didn't want to give away that I can message multiple people yet, I'd rather them think I only have one PM a day for now.
Last edited by Ryvvn on 08 Oct 2013, 17:50:38, edited 1 time in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 17:50:16

Okaros wrote:
Mister E. Meat wrote:Ryvvn, what's your avatar from?

((That's Harry Mudd. A groan-worthy character if ever there was one. :lol: ))

If it's groaning you want, have I got the girl for you... for the right price, of course! ;)

OOC: Mudd was also responsible for the introduction of tribbles! :flail:

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 18:31:32

Also, just realized that EOD is 22:00 PDT, very unlikely I'll be around for many EOD turnovers this game.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 18:36:55

Ryvvn wrote:If it's groaning you want, have I got the girl for you... for the right price, of course! ;)

Unless you've got Cardassia in your pocket, Mr. Mudd, I don't think you have what I want.

Does anyone else have any thoughts regarding our good Senator Letant? As much as I dislike going into these arrangements blind, it does seem we'll have to make a decision without knowing the consequences.

((And yes, the 10pm PT EOD is weird coming off of all these earlier-in-the-day ones. :lol:
I should be available at EOD each night, but likely will be asleep before the results are processed.))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 18:41:50

Okaros wrote:Does anyone else have any thoughts regarding our good Senator Letant? As much as I dislike going into these arrangements blind, it does seem we'll have to make a decision without knowing the consequences.[/color]

I think you or MEM seem the best options, and from what I've seen, you always appear a tad more active than MEM; but I'll leave it between you two.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 19:33:34

Ryvvn wrote:I think you or MEM seem the best options, and from what I've seen, you always appear a tad more active than MEM; but I'll leave it between you two.

((If MEM's got a burning desire for the role, I'm fine with him having it. Or I can take it, or we can just do a coinflip. I don't think it's that big of a deal, so I'm fine with whatever. :) ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 20:38:13

((Okay, as we drift towards EOD, I'll go ahead and vote for myself so that we at least have *a* vote on the board. :lol: I'll be around to change it until EOD.))

Well then. I think the best puppetmaster is the one that works from behind the scenes. And the best spymaster is the one that works from behind the person who's behind the scenes.

Therefore, I vote for me to be the one pulling our good Senator Letant's strings:

Elect: Okaros

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 20:48:44

I put in my anonymous post, with a request for Omega to post it nearer to EOD; I'm about to head off for the night.

I'll put a second Letant vote to Elect Okaros, and then if MEM comes back on and thinks he can fill the role he can vote for himself and you can switch yours over.
Last edited by Ryvvn on 08 Oct 2013, 20:59:22, edited 2 times in total.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Oct 2013, 20:54:28

Elect: Okaros

Maul: Everyone not on our team.

Drkan Dkarn Drnka: DOM

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 08 Oct 2013, 20:58:26

Well DOM just screwed up that plan :P

Changing to Elect MEM, so if he comes back on he can elect himself for the coinflip or you all can work it out; night all!

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Oct 2013, 21:04:14

Wait. There was a plan? Did it involve peanut butter and scantily clad blue-skinned Dual-Breasted humanoids? If not, I'd hardly call that "a plan".

Tequila - I'll take two more Holotenders, please.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 08 Oct 2013, 21:59:15

2 votes for Okaros, 1 for MEM.

Is that right?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 21:59:44

Omega wrote:2 votes for Okaros, 1 for MEM.

Is that right?

That matches my current count. Currently not voting: MEM and Augie

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Oct 2013, 22:03:40

Aiming my power at someone less likely to be defended this evening. Submitting a faction-block on Griffypoo, to see what happens. Save Ozy for Day 3.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 22:07:53

My fellow Romulan agents, I promise to use the good Senator's influence and power to benefit myself Cardassia all of us in whatever nonsense awaits us in the days ahead.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 08 Oct 2013, 22:11:46

Okaros wrote:My fellow Romulan agents, I promise to use the good Senator's influence and power to benefit myself Cardassia all of us in whatever nonsense awaits us in the days ahead.

Remember, this is an Omega game. To be safe, we should probably kill our own Senator tomorrow. Actually -- that's probably relevant even if this weren't sci-fi. (Dear NSA, I am not a terrorist - I blame XxOmegaxX.)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 08 Oct 2013, 22:18:52

(( My current bet: Each team gets a socket puppet account. Those sock puppet accounts vote for someone to be randomly killed/ejected/etc... by Q (perhaps in a separate thread/subforum?). No team has a maul/repeating night-kill, but some teams may have influence over the leadership council voting. Thus we still get the speed of having a maul with the extra arguing of the sock puppets debating who should be mauled. Kill the person controlling the sock puppet, no more sock puppet and thus no more maul votes from that team.

*sits back to wait and see how horribly wrong he is* :lol: ))

Return to “Romulus”